GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,343
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #596480
03/07/11 02:30 AM
03/07/11 02:30 AM
United States
M
moolou Offline
Button
moolou  Offline
M
Button
United States
Here's a good article about the divide between earners and "brokesters".

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/nyregi...t=cse&scp=1

You might have to login to view it.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #596481
03/07/11 02:50 AM
03/07/11 02:50 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I think the mistake some people make is having a generalized, cookie-cutter image of how much a mob guy makes. It seems to me that the mob basically mirrors society in general. You've got the multimillionaires on one side, the brokesters on the other, and the rest in the middle (the majority) which are basically middle-class.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: IvyLeague] #596495
03/07/11 11:20 AM
03/07/11 11:20 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
I am not a Wiseguy so I could be wrong, but this is what it seems to be now days:

The old timers, the Capos basically who are still on the street are wealthy if they did things right. Like Danny Marino investing in land and commercial real-estate.

The younger soldiers are living "score to score" just as normal citizens, tax paying citizens are living "pay check to pay check"

Your normal Mob Rackets still extist today, Loan Sharking, Gambling, Drug Dealing, Prostitution, etc. One of the things I loved about the sopranos was the Hud Scheme, those are the type of "one hit rackets" the Mob is into now days. Make as much as you can on a scam like that and run.

Anyway, point being, The old time Capos who stashed money away are good, the soldiers, most of them anyway are struggling. Why do you think so many soldiers and associates flip now days when facing a small 5-10 year bit? Its not worth it to them anymore, they could make more money being a legit citizen.

In the 70's, 80's and even 90's people did their 5-20 year stint in the Can and they knew they would be taken care of while in the Can and when they got out. Not now

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: IvyLeague] #596542
03/07/11 07:18 PM
03/07/11 07:18 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Gotti gambled all his crews earnings away. Angelo and Gene always complained about it. If it wasn't for Dellacroce Gotti would have never gotten his button.

Gott's gambling led to a hilarious phone call between Angelo and Gene that was intercepted....

Angelo: You gotta do yourself a favor and everybody else a favor too. We gotta see how we're gonna close this fucking joint in New York.

Gene: Yeah, what happened now?

Angelo: That fucking hard-on, you know that hard-on, the guy your mother shit out.

Gene: Go ahead.

Angelo: He lost thirty dollars last night. We were on top sixty balloons! I left there one-thirty and we're on top sixty balloons! We didn't need him in the fucking game!

Gene: I'm by the club now.

Angelo: We were on top sixty balloons - what, is he kidding somebody or what, this guy? Who the fuck needed him there? So what is he looking to do now? Just take advantage of people or what? Let's see how we gotta do it, Genie.

Gene: Oh fuck him. I don't give a fuck. What is he looking to do, this guy? Is he abusing his position or what?

LOL, there has to be loads of great stuff like this on the Ruggiero tapes.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: jvanley] #596546
03/07/11 07:27 PM
03/07/11 07:27 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: jvanley
In the 70's, 80's and even 90's people did their 5-20 year stint in the Can and they knew they would be taken care of while in the Can and when they got out. Not now

But they weren't always taken care of when they got out, JV. That's one of the things that leads to resentments and the eventual flipping of some of these guys.

A lot of these guys are disillusioned thinking that their wives and kids are going to be provided for while they're away. That's a myth. Look at Karen Hill having to go on welfare, or go back and read "Donnie Brasco," and you'll see how angry Sonny Black was at his family being shunned by everyone but Lefty when he was away.

And those are just a couple of high-profile public examples. I've seen what often happens to their families when they go away. It's not pretty.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: pizzaboy] #596549
03/07/11 07:52 PM
03/07/11 07:52 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

But they weren't always taken care of when they got out, JV. That's one of the things that leads to resentments and the eventual flipping of some of these guys.

A lot of these guys are disillusioned thinking that their wives and kids are going to be provided for while they're away. That's a myth. Look at Karen Hill having to go on welfare, or go back and read "Donnie Brasco," and you'll see how angry Sonny Black was at his family being shunned by everyone but Lefty when he was away.

And those are just a couple of high-profile public examples. I've seen what often happens to their families when they go away. It's not pretty.

That's really interesting PB. I've heard/read that too and now you also confirm it. I know people in that life are not known for benevolent behavior but you would think if nothing else out of pure self-interest that the bosses or captains would try to set up some modest funds for people that got sent away for relatively short periods of time-say less than 10 years. That would reduce resentments and worrying over the financial status of wives/children/relatives.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: Lilo] #596552
03/07/11 08:09 PM
03/07/11 08:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
That's really interesting PB. I've heard/read that too and now you also confirm it.

Great minds, Brother Dee-troit . . . lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: pizzaboy] #596564
03/07/11 08:35 PM
03/07/11 08:35 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I agree. One of the reasons that most wiseguys join the mob besides the money/women is because they feel that they will be apart of a brotherhood that goes by and honor code. however when they finally get made most of them see that there really is no honor. When they got to jail their families aren't taken care. Also you can get killed for simple reasons. It's hard to blame the wiseguys that become rats because they figured out that there is no honor in the mob

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #596585
03/07/11 10:15 PM
03/07/11 10:15 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
in alcoholics anonymous they teach that acceptance of being powerless is the key to recovery. they need to make a wise guys anonymous and teach that accepting everything you heard about honor is complete shit because nowadays 9 times outta 10 there is someone waiting there to cut your throat and send you up the river. sometimes if there not even in trouble as my least favorite rat of all time Kenji Gallo demonstrates everyday. i think he became a rat just because he figured he could be on more tv shows and have a more successful blog!

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #596595
03/07/11 10:35 PM
03/07/11 10:35 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Gotti gambled all his crews earnings away. Angelo and Gene always complained about it. If it wasn't for Dellacroce Gotti would have never gotten his button.

Gott's gambling led to a hilarious phone call between Angelo and Gene that was intercepted....

Angelo: You gotta do yourself a favor and everybody else a favor too. We gotta see how we're gonna close this fucking joint in New York.

Gene: Yeah, what happened now?

Angelo: That fucking hard-on, you know that hard-on, the guy your mother shit out.

Gene: Go ahead.

Angelo: He lost thirty dollars last night. We were on top sixty balloons! I left there one-thirty and we're on top sixty balloons! We didn't need him in the fucking game!

Gene: I'm by the club now.

Angelo: We were on top sixty balloons - what, is he kidding somebody or what, this guy? Who the fuck needed him there? So what is he looking to do now? Just take advantage of people or what? Let's see how we gotta do it, Genie.

Gene: Oh fuck him. I don't give a fuck. What is he looking to do, this guy? Is he abusing his position or what?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER SHAT OUT"...ANGELO RUGGIERO = SHAKESPEARE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2nzn66MIY&playnext=1&list=PL039C886DE4743888

imo this is gotti at his greatest shakesperian level....telling victoria to cut a little boy's tounge out and telling her to ask the boys mutha do u not wanna wake up no more to see your son? is this what you desire?

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #596596
03/07/11 10:36 PM
03/07/11 10:36 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Kenji, the name alone just makes me want to vomit. Does he post here? I know he's very active on the internet.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: phatmatress] #596597
03/07/11 10:38 PM
03/07/11 10:38 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: phatmatress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2nzn66MIY&playnext=1&list=PL039C886DE4743888

imo this is gotti at his greatest shakesperian level....telling victoria to cut a little boy's tounge out and telling her to ask the boys mutha do u not wanna wake up no more to see your son? is this what you desire?

"Do you want my father to know about this. You want him to handle it his way..She would've shitted herself" hahahaha.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #596607
03/08/11 12:20 AM
03/08/11 12:20 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Kenji, the name alone just makes me want to vomit. Does he post here? I know he's very active on the internet.
he hasn't posted on realdeal-forum for a while
i dont know if he posted here

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #596628
03/08/11 09:12 AM
03/08/11 09:12 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member

What are you referring to? Kenji Gallo? Or an acutal user on here? If Kenji Gallo does he actually look at these sites?

Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #596634
03/08/11 09:35 AM
03/08/11 09:35 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
he's referring to kenji gallo. the most internet friendly snitch there ever has been. runs his own blog and spends most of his days calling teddy persico a pussy

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: phatmatress] #596655
03/08/11 10:55 AM
03/08/11 10:55 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
he's referring to kenji gallo. the most internet friendly snitch there ever has been. runs his own blog and spends most of his days calling teddy persico a pussy

Kenji Gallo used to post on this site?

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: jvanley] #596670
03/08/11 12:09 PM
03/08/11 12:09 PM
Italian4Life Offline
Wiseguy
Italian4Life  Offline
Wiseguy

Kenji Gallo used to post on this site?

You cant really blame the Persicos for being fooled by Kenny Gallo. Think about it. A half japaenese/half italian former drug smuggler who did car bombings and pimping being an informant? Makes you realize how crooked the feds are.

The last half of his book is one of the best books written on the modern mob.

I might or might not be related to a former Zip boss
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: Italian4Life] #596672
03/08/11 12:16 PM
03/08/11 12:16 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
What's the name of his book italian? I am lookimg for a good book on the modern mob

Last edited by thebarber; 03/08/11 12:18 PM.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #596715
03/08/11 03:45 PM
03/08/11 03:45 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
oh yes he played his part very well. im the first to give him credit about that. i just hate how he goes on the internet and posts the dumbest shit and defends what he did by being a snitch when he was not in a legal trouble. i just dont understand or like the man.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #597951
03/20/11 10:09 AM
03/20/11 10:09 AM
J
Jonesvan Offline
Wiseguy
Jonesvan  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Is there any truth to the story that Roy Demao would give gold coin's to Jerry Seinfeld for Halloween. I think they were neighbors. Roy wasn't antisemitic his best earner was Chris Rosenberg, best known for dismembering bodies in his underwear because he liked to keep his cloth's clean.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: Jonesvan] #597952
03/20/11 10:14 AM
03/20/11 10:14 AM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Jonesvan
Is there any truth to the story that Roy Demao would give gold coin's to Jerry Seinfeld for Halloween. I think they were neighbors. Roy wasn't antisemitic his best earner was Chris Rosenberg, best known for dismembering bodies in his underwear because he liked to keep his cloth's clean.

I see you have read Murder Machine as well.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #597953
03/20/11 10:24 AM
03/20/11 10:24 AM
J
Jonesvan Offline
Wiseguy
Jonesvan  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I still don't know why Jerry talks so fondly about the massapequa diner. I just can't stop thinking of Roy Demano putting a guy's head in a compresser at the meat processing plant.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #597956
03/20/11 10:58 AM
03/20/11 10:58 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
never heard of demeo and seinfeld....

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #597966
03/20/11 12:08 PM
03/20/11 12:08 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Can you imagine Jerry Seinfeld and Roy DeMeo having dinner together.

Jerry: So neighbor, what was up with that foul smell I sensed the other day when I walked by your car?
Roy: Oh, yeah, I hit a deer. It was in the trunk for a few days.
Jerry: Geez. Bet that was messy.
Roy: No, no, there wasn't any blood in it. You see, I stabbed it first, like a couple of hundred times, removed the clothes and hung it above the tub, like upside down. Completely fucking drained it of any blood. Marvelous method.
Jerry: Clothes? What do you mean, removed the clothes? It's a deer.
Roy: Did I say clothes?. I mean, yeah I removed the skin. This is some good Scotch, Jerry. My wife and I thank you very much.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #597980
03/20/11 01:46 PM
03/20/11 01:46 PM
J
Jonesvan Offline
Wiseguy
Jonesvan  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Can you imagine Jerry Seinfeld and Roy DeMeo Now

Jerry: So Roy,another one of my exotic automobile's was stolen, did you see anything?
Roy: No Jerry, do you have insurance?
Jerry:Yes but these cars are highly collectible,difficult to-replace.
Roy: Jerry you don't want any union problems at your fathers sign shop...Right?

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #598028
03/20/11 06:21 PM
03/20/11 06:21 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
Albert DeMeo did say in his book that one Christmas his Mother and elder sister hung candy canes all over the outside of their house for the neighbourhood kids.
As it turns out somebody came along at night and stole them all.

That thief had no idea who he was robbing off did he (good job for him he never got found out!)?
LMAO

By all accounts, DeMeo was the perfect neighbour - barbacue's and street parties for his neighbourhood etc.

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #598312
03/23/11 11:05 AM
03/23/11 11:05 AM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
ANTHONY SALERNO AND JERRY CATENA MADE THE MOST MONEY.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #798638
08/27/14 12:37 PM
08/27/14 12:37 PM
K
karona1 Offline
Wiseguy
karona1  Offline
K
Wiseguy
Jerry catena

Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: Jonesvan] #798653
08/27/14 01:23 PM
08/27/14 01:23 PM
Iceman999 Offline
Capo
Iceman999  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted By: Jonesvan
I still don't know why Jerry talks so fondly about the massapequa diner. I just can't stop thinking of Roy Demano putting a guy's head in a compresser at the meat processing plant.

I believe it was Chris Rosenbeg who stuck Katz's head in the box compactor. Revenge for Katz shooting Rosenberg in the face and disfiguring him.

Last edited by Iceman999; 08/27/14 01:24 PM.
Re: Which WiseGuy was the largest earner ? [Re: rg] #798665
08/27/14 02:00 PM
08/27/14 02:00 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Wasn't frankie decicco a good earner?both with the unions and i tead somewhere that he was a big loanshark

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull