GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 309 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,815
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Netflix #595042
02/21/11 01:38 PM
02/21/11 01:38 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Does anyone here use Netflix to have movies and TV shows streamed over to their Television sets?

If so, can you tell me what you think about it? Is it worth it? Are shows from STARZ in real time or delayed by x amount of days?
Are the movies that they offer as up to date as those shown on a cable / satellite Premium movie channel line-up?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595045
02/21/11 02:05 PM
02/21/11 02:05 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I do, and love it. I have the Roku HD|HR (HD|S is the newer model) box and the picture is quite good. I don't know how long Starz shows are delayed, if at all, but there are 5 episodes of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (and Blood and Sand) ready and waiting, as are 1000 other Starz offerings alone.

It's good to have, but honestly, I don't use it all that much between the DVR and 2-discs-at-a-time plan. But if you get streaming-only, it's worth the $7.99/month. I'm paying $17.99/month for Blu-ray

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595053
02/21/11 02:35 PM
02/21/11 02:35 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We have Netflix and through the Wii we get certain movies and TV shows. The selection we have isn't great, but I don't know if that has to do with the plan we have. The quality of the picture is very good, though.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Netflix [Re: Sicilian Babe] #595060
02/21/11 03:18 PM
02/21/11 03:18 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
We have Netflix and through the Wii we get certain movies and TV shows. The selection we have isn't great, but I don't know if that has to do with the plan we have. The quality of the picture is very good, though.

I am going to utilize their 30 day trial offer. If I like it, and it is all it's cracked up to be, I just may cancel all of my PREMIUM MOVIE Channels and keep everything else NON-PREMIUM MOVIE Channel.

I have 7 HBO channels, 5 Showtime channels, 5 Cinemax channels, 6 or 7 TMC channels, numerous Starz channels, and some others. Heck, they play the same shit month after month not to mention that many times a movie that's on HBO on a Monday morning will be shown on another Premium Movie channel that same evening.

I figure for 9.99 a month with NETFLIX, why should I pay all of that money to Satellite Television for all the Premium Movie Channels that I currently have.

It would net a savings of about $600 - $700 per year. Better in my pocket than in theirs.

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I do, and love it. I have the Roku HD|HR (HD|S is the newer model) box and the picture is quite good. I don't know how long Starz shows are delayed, if at all, but there are 5 episodes of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (and Blood and Sand) ready and waiting, as are 1000 other Starz offerings alone.

It's good to have, but honestly, I don't use it all that much between the DVR and 2-discs-at-a-time plan. But if you get streaming-only, it's worth the $7.99/month. I'm paying $17.99/month for Blu-ray

5 Spartacus episodes in the waiting? Great. Means that they are up to date with their Starz shows!

And I understand that you can link up to 6 Systems ...WI/PS3/XBOX etc. on the same account which means that you can hook the NETFLIX up to 6 televisions at the same time depending on how many Systems you may own. This really sounds like a great deal. Have to try it out.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595064
02/21/11 03:39 PM
02/21/11 03:39 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

There is some downside if you cancel all your premium channels -- you won't be able to watch most of their series, like Boardwalk Empire, Nurse Jackie, and whatever others you may watch, anytime near the airdate, if at all, without getting a DVD plan with it. Netflix is great (and best) for TV series, but some recent ones aren't on there yet. Only the first 2 seasons of The Tudors is up yet, for instance. Nor is the latest season of Weeds. I don't know what you watch, but you can go on Netflix and see what's available for streaming....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Netflix [Re: J Geoff] #595066
02/21/11 03:54 PM
02/21/11 03:54 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

There is some downside if you cancel all your premium channels -- you won't be able to watch most of their series, like Boardwalk Empire, Nurse Jackie, and whatever others you may watch, anytime near the airdate, if at all, without getting a DVD plan with it. Netflix is great (and best) for TV series, but some recent ones aren't on there yet. Only the first 2 seasons of The Tudors is up yet, for instance. Nor is the latest season of Weeds. I don't know what you watch, but you can go on Netflix and see what's available for streaming....

I would definitely add the $2.00 a month DVD plan to the $7.99 a month streaming plan.

I mostly watch Spartacus on Starz and Boardwalk Empire on HBO. Not really into many of the other shows on the Premium channels anymore. If something comes out on the Premium Channels, that interests me, than I will order the DVD and watch it. But right now, those are really the only 2 shows that I watch. As I said earlier, many of the movies being shown on these premium channels are old, constantly being replayed, and most are probably available on NETFLIX.

Thanks Geoff.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595619
02/26/11 04:45 PM
02/26/11 04:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Well I subscribed this past week and I think that it is great. I'm hooked. A huge amount of Streaming and DVD by mail to choose from.

Funny, since I started my subscription I've been surfing through all of my Premium Movie channels and for the most part, 98% of what is on those Premium Movie Channels is available on Netflix!

Not to mention the older TV series like Crime Story, Wiseguy, etc.

Definitely worth the price of admission!

Don Cardi cool

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595673
02/26/11 11:33 PM
02/26/11 11:33 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I love Netflix, I'd get more value out of it if my wife didn't forget to send it out on her way to work 4 days in a row, or if I was better about it too. My internet service isnt fast enough to do the streaming but they do have a lot of great programs available.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #595869
02/28/11 02:05 AM
02/28/11 02:05 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

http://instantwatcher.com/

Quote:
Instantwatcher helps you find good streaming titles from Netflix

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #607587
07/13/11 01:43 AM
07/13/11 01:43 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Effing A-holes!!

Originally Posted By: Email from Netflix[/quote

Dear J Geoff,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $17.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray access) will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray), 2 out at-a-time (no streaming)
for $14.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $22.98 a month ($7.99 + $14.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

I've been a member since Nov '03 and this is how they treat their customers?? +$6/month??

Their blog is maxed out at 5000 comments and no one can post another. That's a lot of complaints! They better learn from that...! I can't live w/o it, and already went from 3 to 2 discs/month after the LAST price increase. rolleyes

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #607618
07/13/11 10:24 AM
07/13/11 10:24 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Reading some people argue that the increased rates will mean better, wider streaming options. And I say bullshit.

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #607688
07/13/11 07:17 PM
07/13/11 07:17 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
What about public libraries or Redbox as substitutes?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Netflix [Re: Lilo] #607703
07/13/11 08:22 PM
07/13/11 08:22 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
I believe it was Mark Twain who said we've taken a million useless luxuries and made them necessities.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Netflix [Re: Signor Vitelli] #607818
07/14/11 07:44 PM
07/14/11 07:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
The raise is ridiculous...I cannot dipute that and I am pretty annoyed about it. I have the 9.99 plan : Streaming and 1 Disc at a time. Now raising me to 15.98! That's a 60% increase in one shot! Can you say Obamanomics? lol wink

However it still is much cheaper than the premium channels on cable who basically show the same movies that you can get on netflix.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #611547
08/18/11 07:51 PM
08/18/11 07:51 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

I fail to see what a corporate business being greedy has to do with the current president. Corporations are always greedy and conservative policies that restrict how much they pay in taxes only feeds that greed. If you're saying Obama should have increased corporate taxes, then maybe you'd be right.

But on the subject of Netflix...

I have the 1 disc plan so I lose out on streaming now. I didn't use it much but it was nice to have. When they raise the price again in 6 months to a year will be when I'm done.

Re: Netflix [Re: Longneck] #611945
08/21/11 08:14 PM
08/21/11 08:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Longneck
I fail to see what a corporate business being greedy has to do with the current president. Corporations are always greedy and conservative policies that restrict how much they pay in taxes only feeds that greed. If you're saying Obama should have increased corporate taxes, then maybe you'd be right.

I have the 1 disc plan so I lose out on streaming now. I didn't use it much but it was nice to have. When they raise the price again in 6 months to a year will be when I'm done.

Whoa!! It was just a joke. Jeez.....maybe you need to pull your bunched up panties out of your ass! wink

It was only mean as a joke comparing the math used by Netflix and the math used by Obama and the state of the present economy. Just a joke!! Wasn't intended to provoke a political discussion or a debate.

You need to lighten up a bit my friend. wink

Don Cardi cool

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #612357
08/25/11 07:12 PM
08/25/11 07:12 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Longneck

Whoa!! It was just a joke. Jeez.....maybe you need to pull your bunched up panties out of your ass! wink

It was only mean as a joke comparing the math used by Netflix and the math used by Obama and the state of the present economy. Just a joke!! Wasn't intended to provoke a political discussion or a debate.

You need to lighten up a bit my friend. wink

I didn't mean to come off as angry, at least not at you. tongue I don't vote for either Crips or Bloods, so I wasn't trying to do a political debate or anything. Maybe you're the one with bunched up panties. I never imagined you'd wear panties though... And now I wish I still never had.

Re: Netflix [Re: Longneck] #616875
10/08/11 10:08 PM
10/08/11 10:08 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Netflix is great when it is actually working. I'm not even halfway through my 30-day free trial, and I've experienced 6 service interruptions, plus a number of random "You're account has been deactivated. Would you like to reactivate?" notices. Thank goodness I was able to try before I buy. I doubt I'll continue my subscription after my free trial. ohwell

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #616884
10/09/11 02:23 AM
10/09/11 02:23 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I've never experienced those issues, X, and I've been with them since '03. Could be a "free trial" issue, but you'd think free trial users would get the BEST experience if they wanted you as a customer...

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #616893
10/09/11 05:24 AM
10/09/11 05:24 AM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
i've had my netflix account since like july or so and i've never had any issues with it.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Netflix [Re: scarfacetm] #616931
10/09/11 02:17 PM
10/09/11 02:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
For all the problems, it's still leaps and bounds better than the days of waiting a month for a new release at the local video store. For me, it's worth it just for all the old television shows that are never aired anymore.

But it IS frustrating when there are streaming glitches.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #617069
10/10/11 06:08 PM
10/10/11 06:08 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Netflix CEO Hastings ends Qwikster before it starts cool

He finally did something right this year.

Re: Netflix [Re: Don Cardi] #617090
10/10/11 08:48 PM
10/10/11 08:48 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We've been Netflix customers for years, but downgraded to the Streaming Only plan when the increases came through. However, we are NOT loving it. There are very few choices.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull