GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 336 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,674
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 141 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #659210
08/07/12 08:43 PM
08/07/12 08:43 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: SC
Discussions about politics, like religion, brings out the worst in us. There is no use for any of us to nitpick or make personal replies (but I know sometimes they just slip out). ohwell

Doesn't anyone talk about sex anymore?

I remember many times my parents cautioning all of us to never discuss religion/politics, especially with friends because you can quickly become enemies. For the most part, I've tried to do just that.

It's mostly in recent years IMHO, that things have changed, with all the misinformation, all the hatred, all the slanted news, all the attacks that makes me wanna scream. mad panic It's hard to hold back sometimes.

Ok, so ya wanna talk sex? See any good skin flicks lately? lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659215
08/07/12 09:11 PM
08/07/12 09:11 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
@ dapper don

Conservative radio is effective. We saw that last week when people came together in support of Chick-fil-A. So is liberal media. Remember when Jon Stewart and others did the anti-Beck rally in DC? So both sides have their guys who can rally the base. It's not just conservatives. Not recognizing this shows bias.

And just like there are people who get all or most of their news from Rush and Beck, there are many who get all their news from liberal sources like NY1, or NY Times.

People listen to or read what they want to hear. I'm glad that someone can hear Rush or Beck. I'm glad that someone can read Paul Krugman or Maureen Dowd. That's what makes America great. Opposing views are available. For now.

Thats the thing, the vast majority (over 75%) of people who read the NYTimes for example ALSO read the WSJ or the Wash Post, concurrently as opposed to the tens of millions who just listen to Rush or Beck on talk radio. Studies have shown this time and again. Some people attribute this to education, meaning that most people who read the NYTimes have a higher education (college+) and thus know on average that they should read an opposing paper (WSJ) to get both viewpoints and avoid any bias. I am not trying to offend anyone, its just that is what the data has shown.

Personally, I have had a subscription to the NYTimes and the WSJ (actively read both daily multiple times) since I was a freshman and my Economics 101 Professor made us get the WSJ for class. Unfortunately for me, these papers are STILL sending me their print editions!!!

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Dapper_Don] #659216
08/07/12 09:19 PM
08/07/12 09:19 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
@ dapper don

Conservative radio is effective. We saw that last week when people came together in support of Chick-fil-A. So is liberal media. Remember when Jon Stewart and others did the anti-Beck rally in DC? So both sides have their guys who can rally the base. It's not just conservatives. Not recognizing this shows bias.

And just like there are people who get all or most of their news from Rush and Beck, there are many who get all their news from liberal sources like NY1, or NY Times.

People listen to or read what they want to hear. I'm glad that someone can hear Rush or Beck. I'm glad that someone can read Paul Krugman or Maureen Dowd. That's what makes America great. Opposing views are available. For now.

Thats the thing, the vast majority (over 75%) of people who read the NYTimes for example ALSO read the WSJ or the Wash Post, concurrently as opposed to the tens of millions who just listen to Rush or Beck on talk radio. Studies have shown this time and again. Some people attribute this to education, meaning that most people who read the NYTimes have a higher education (college+) and thus know on average that they should read an opposing paper (WSJ) to get both viewpoints and avoid any bias. I am not trying to offend anyone, its just that is what the data has shown.

Personally, I have had a subscription to the NYTimes and the WSJ (actively read both daily multiple times) since I was a freshman and my Economics 101 Professor made us get the WSJ for class. Unfortunately for me, these papers are STILL sending me their print editions!!!

When Jon Stewart came here to Tampa he bought a ton of ad time on Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on 970am. I asked someone at the station why a liberal commentator would target hardcore conservatives.

I was told that not all people who listen to Rush are conservative. Many are liberals tune-in for entertainment. Makes sense. I'm no liberal, but I do tune in to Al Sharpton on 1600am or Maddow on msnbc.

So it works both ways.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659217
08/07/12 09:22 PM
08/07/12 09:22 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
@ dapper don

When Jon Stewart came here to Tampa he bought a ton of ad time on Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on 970am. I asked someone at the station why a liberal commentator would target hardcore conservatives.

I was told that not all people who listen to Rush are conservative. Many are liberals tune-in for entertainment. Makes sense. I'm no liberal, but I do tune in to Al Sharpton on 1600am or Maddow on msnbc.

So it works both ways.

Steward did that on purpose as a joke, he talked about it on his show. To each his own.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659218
08/07/12 09:26 PM
08/07/12 09:26 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It's the misinformation that bothers me. When President Obama took office, many people purchased guns and stockpiled ammunition because word was (from many of the right wing pundits mentioned above) that he was a crazy liberal that would take away their guns. However, the Brady Center, a powerful anti-gun lobby, gave President Obama an F.

Or when Sarah Palin gave speeches about the "death panels" that would decide the fate of the elderly and disabled if Obamacare was passed. It was just made up out of Sarah Palin's imagination.

Or the infamous "Joe the Plumber" from the last election, whose name is Sam and who wasn't a licensed plumber.

I don't mind intelligent debate. I enjoy it and I think it's wonderfully healthy. However, the important word there is "intelligent".

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659219
08/07/12 09:35 PM
08/07/12 09:35 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Stewart did it because he had to sell more than 4,000 tickets and knew Republicans like me would go. And we did.

Stewart was not even in charge of advertising. The venue pays him and they're responsible for advertising and selling tickets.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659220
08/07/12 09:41 PM
08/07/12 09:41 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
LOL @ "Joe The Plumber". He uses his middle name.

What's Dan Quayle's real name?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659222
08/07/12 09:46 PM
08/07/12 09:46 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Potato? lol

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659223
08/07/12 09:50 PM
08/07/12 09:50 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Potato? lol

In other words, Joe's name really ain't an issue that holds up.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659224
08/07/12 09:52 PM
08/07/12 09:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Potato? lol

No, no. It's potatoe.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #659225
08/07/12 09:53 PM
08/07/12 09:53 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: olivant

Potato? lol

No, no. It's potatoe.

Good one!!

She says potato you say potatoe.....let's call the whole thing off. lol Couldn't resist.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/07/12 09:53 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659228
08/07/12 10:03 PM
08/07/12 10:03 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Potato? lol

In other words, Joe's name really ain't an issue that holds up.

First of all, "ain't" isn't a word. Second of all, I was commenting on misinformation, so it does. And third, since that is the one piece of minutiae that you decided to seize upon, by countering with the name of another REPUBLICAN that doesn't use his real name, I guess you agree with the substance of my post.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659230
08/07/12 10:12 PM
08/07/12 10:12 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
How is it misinformation if Joe uses his middle name instead of his first? That's hardly an issue. I "seized" on it to show how childish that kind of thinking really is.

I agree that people did buy guns when Obama won. That's their right. I have no problem with it. But why buy guns if they're only going to be taken away? Makes no sense unless you're going to buy the gun illegally.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659231
08/07/12 10:17 PM
08/07/12 10:17 PM
California

California
How is it misinformation if Joe uses his middle name instead of his first? That's hardly an issue. I "seized" on it to show how childish that kind of thinking really is.

I agree that people did buy guns when Obama won. That's their right. I have no problem with it. But why buy guns if they're only going to be taken away? Makes no sense unless you're going to buy the gun illegally.

Exactly who said guns were going to be taken away? confused To my knowledge this administration has done absolutely nothing about it. I don't recall the President even mentioning he wanted to take guns away.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/07/12 10:17 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659232
08/07/12 10:22 PM
08/07/12 10:22 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
TIS,

You said that people ran out and bought guns because they thought Obama was a "crazy liberal" who was going to take guns away.

Truth is, conservative pundits did recount a story from Chicago where a man shot a home intruder with an illegal handgun and Obama sided against the home owner. Obama has been painted as anti-gun by his opponents.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659235
08/07/12 10:31 PM
08/07/12 10:31 PM
California

California
TIS,

You said that people ran out and bought guns because they thought Obama was a "crazy liberal" who was going to take guns away.

Truth is, conservative pundits did recount a story from Chicago where a man shot a home intruder with an illegal handgun and Obama sided against the home owner. Obama has been painted as anti-gun by his opponents.

First, it wasn't me that said that people bought guns because Obama was a crazy liberal; and secondly I don't know that story that the conservative pundits spoke of (link?). confused I would think it would be fair to hear the entire story if it were indeed true. And thirdly, the last thing I'd do however is believe a conservative pundit on his/her word alone.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/07/12 10:41 PM.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659236
08/07/12 10:38 PM
08/07/12 10:38 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
1. Sam the Non-Plumber told President Obama that his tax policies were going to penalize him as a middle class guy and keep him from realizing his dream of buying the plumbing contractor business where he was employed. He was then trotted out at several McCain campaign events as a symbol.

I mentioned it because he used the name "Joe the Plumber" and his name is Sam and he isn't a plumber. He lied about wanting to buy the business he worked for: he lacked the funds to do so and he wasn't a licensed plumber and therefore couldn't operate a plumbing contracting company. I don't know how else to make that point easier to understand, that it was complete and total misinformation.

2. People stockpiled guns and ammunition because they were told that serious gun control was on the way, so they were getting while the getting was good. They were stockpiling against a future when guns would be made unavailable; however, that day was never going to come. While he has been painted as "anti-gun" by conservatives, there is no basis for it. He has not passed any gun-control legislation in his years in the White House. Again, it's complete and total misinformation.

If someone wants to take issue with something the President did, at least let it be real, and not something someone made up.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659238
08/07/12 11:04 PM
08/07/12 11:04 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
1. Sam the Non-Plumber told President Obama that his tax policies were going to penalize him as a middle class guy and keep him from realizing his dream of buying the plumbing contractor business where he was employed. He was then trotted out at several McCain campaign events as a symbol.

I mentioned it because he used the name "Joe the Plumber" and his name is Sam and he isn't a plumber. He lied about wanting to buy the business he worked for: he lacked the funds to do so and he wasn't a licensed plumber and therefore couldn't operate a plumbing contracting company. I don't know how else to make that point easier to understand, that it was complete and total misinformation.

2. People stockpiled guns and ammunition because they were told that serious gun control was on the way, so they were getting while the getting was good. They were stockpiling against a future when guns would be made unavailable; however, that day was never going to come. While he has been painted as "anti-gun" by conservatives, there is no basis for it. He has not passed any gun-control legislation in his years in the White House. Again, it's complete and total misinformation.

If someone wants to take issue with something the President did, at least let it be real, and not something someone made up.

Who cares if his name is "Sam"? Did it bother you that Dan Quayle used his middle name? Now all of a sudden it's an issue because the level of people who follow politics is so low, first vs. middle name is a gotcha moment they need to be engaged in politics.

If he's not a plumber, but did plumbing, I hope someone shuts down the company he worked for. It's wrong when a plumbing company sends out unlicensed people to do the work, which was the case with Joe.

You're right that people were told that strong gun laws would be passed if Obama won. This was based on his stated position while in Illinois. His hometown has the toughest gun laws(and look at the crime there). It was totally realistic to think a liberal gun-control advocate would be a threat to gun ownership. And the NRA will be telling people the same thing again.

Obama did make the "Cling to their guns and Bibles" comment, kind of mocking people who have both.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659239
08/07/12 11:24 PM
08/07/12 11:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't give a rat's ass if his name is Mitt. The point is that he was a sham from the start, and the Republican candidate trotted him out disguised as something else.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659245
08/07/12 11:57 PM
08/07/12 11:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I don't give a rat's ass if his name is Mitt. The point is that he was a sham from the start, and the Republican candidate trotted him out disguised as something else.

Also, don't forget that, as he told Sean Hannity in 2008, he was a welfare recipient as were his parents.

Last edited by olivant; 08/07/12 11:57 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659247
08/08/12 12:01 AM
08/08/12 12:01 AM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind
Love politics. This is an interesting thread for so many reasons. I would think most who posted here would go back and read what it is they said in the past. Interesting.

"The place to find is within yourself." - JC
Re: Election 2012 [Re: olivant] #659248
08/08/12 12:09 AM
08/08/12 12:09 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

Also, don't forget that, as he told Sean Hannity in 2008, he was a welfare recipient as were his parents.

I believe it. But the "gotcha" to his story is that he used his middle name, which is not uncommon, and worked for a licensed plumber but didn't have a license himself. So he did the sh!t work that a real plumber would be paid more for.

Calling yourself a plumber when you work for one is not dishonest.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659249
08/08/12 12:12 AM
08/08/12 12:12 AM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: klydon1
I don't see the race hinging on one state right now, but I think right now Romney needs to win both Florida and Ohio. If either of these states goes blue, he's cooked.

I agree, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about all the money that he's raising. It's unbelieveable.

He's raising it because people are genuinely afraid Obama will win again.

Besides, a Republican has to raise more money to be competitive because the Democrats always have the media on their side which is worth hundreds-of-millions in free publicity.

So if Romney raises more money, he still may not have leveled the playing field.
lol Tell that to Bill and Hillary Clinton who always said the media were against them.

I love it when people use opinion and myth as fact. FOX News = Fair and Balanced. CNN is liberal. The media are on the side of the Democrats. lol Yeah, the media has a side alright -- follow the money. Follow the money on political spending.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659250
08/08/12 12:14 AM
08/08/12 12:14 AM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind

I believe it. But the "gotcha" to his story is that he used his middle name, which is not uncommon, and worked for a licensed plumber but didn't have a license himself. So he did the sh!t work that a real plumber would be paid more for.

Calling yourself a plumber when you work for one is not dishonest.
Sort of like calling yourself a Doctor or a Lawyer when you work for one, eh? When the media image, the symbolism is exposed as fraudulent it makes people more cynical. People like Joe the Plumber need to be shamed and spat upon in public. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #659251
08/08/12 12:17 AM
08/08/12 12:17 AM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind

It's called being a Dupe. This Sam/Joe was nothing more than a campaign prop who became a media figure. The media makes you, they take you down. The man was an idiot to be used as he was, but today most people would do anything for their 15 minutes of fame. People like him are like toilet paper to campaigns. Wipe and dispose and flush.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Vinny_Jackson] #659252
08/08/12 12:19 AM
08/08/12 12:19 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
When I listen to talk radio it's mostly to listen to the people who call in. BTW which isn't very often.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Mignon] #659253
08/08/12 12:22 AM
08/08/12 12:22 AM
State of Mind
V
Vinny_Jackson Offline
Wiseguy
Vinny_Jackson  Offline
V
Wiseguy
State of Mind
Originally Posted By: Mignon
When I listen to talk radio it's mostly to listen to the people who call in. ...

clap

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #659256
08/08/12 01:33 AM
08/08/12 01:33 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Is Sandra Fluke a "Dupe" for being a figure in this election cycle? She's going to introduce Obama at a rally.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #659259
08/08/12 01:47 AM
08/08/12 01:47 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Is Sandra Fluke a "Dupe" for being a figure in this election cycle? She's going to introduce Obama at a rally.

Joe BIden is like a statue and sometimes look like he's been out drinkin he has those little beatty eyes that say I don't give a shit

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 08/08/12 01:52 AM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Election 2012 [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #659270
08/08/12 03:55 AM
08/08/12 03:55 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Tell me what politician does give a shit?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Page 83 of 141 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull