GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (CNote, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,658
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 141 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 140 141
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #605085
06/08/11 04:54 PM
06/08/11 04:54 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
"Anthony, you didn't listen. I told you - keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and your weiner..."

Attached Files PacinoWeiner.jpg

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Signor Vitelli] #605086
06/08/11 04:56 PM
06/08/11 04:56 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
SV,

You were able to Photoshop that on that dinosaur computer of yours? tongue lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #605090
06/08/11 05:09 PM
06/08/11 05:09 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I'm impressed SV. I wouldn't have a clue how to photo shop. Very clever. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #605092
06/08/11 05:45 PM
06/08/11 05:45 PM
California

California
It is being reported that Anthony Weiner's wife is pregnant. How bittersweet this must be for her. Can you imagine? Poor thing.
I read too that they have only been married a
about one year. Geez, honeymoon's over already. frown

TIS

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2011/06/report-anthony-weiners-wife-pregnant/38642/

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 06/08/11 05:46 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Election 2012 [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #605093
06/08/11 05:46 PM
06/08/11 05:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
It is being reported that Anthony Weiner's wife is pregnant.

Who's the Tweeter?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605097
06/08/11 07:14 PM
06/08/11 07:14 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
And that's that... uhwhat sick

An X-rated photo of Congressman Anthony Weiner hit the Internet after Andrew Breitbart shared it with Sirius XM radio shock-jocks Opie and Anthony on Wednesday, who then tweeted it to the masses...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: pizzaboy] #605105
06/08/11 08:32 PM
06/08/11 08:32 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You were able to Photoshop that on that dinosaur computer of yours?

Yeah, but I used a program called Paint Shop Pro - it's nearly the same as Photoshop. I only understand a small amount of it though, and I was never able to figure out Photoshop!

Lilo - I haven't been listening to TV or radio news for several hours. This new development seems to put another nail (perhaps the final one) in Anthony Weiner's political coffin. A damn shame. He had a real future ahead of him, possibly as NYC's next mayor. He was very popular with his constituents.

Was the photo from a private Tweet? How did Breitbart come by the picture? I'm curious about all these new developments.

And I really feel bad for Weiner's wife. frown

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Signor Vitelli] #605123
06/09/11 07:19 AM
06/09/11 07:19 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Lilo - I haven't been listening to TV or radio news for several hours. This new development seems to put another nail (perhaps the final one) in Anthony Weiner's political coffin. A damn shame. He had a real future ahead of him, possibly as NYC's next mayor. He was very popular with his constituents.

Was the photo from a private Tweet? How did Breitbart come by the picture? I'm curious about all these new developments.

And I really feel bad for Weiner's wife. frown

Signor V.

It's not entirely clear, Signor V. exactly how Breitbart got this info. I haven't followed it in close enough detail. I presume the photo was (presumably) private but was then sent on
to others. In an article that I read on Huffington there was some information that Weiner had previously had flame wars/harsh words with conservatives and/or Breitbart supporters on both Facebook and Twitter. So he knew they were paying attention to him.

So why he would go ahead and do things so stupid is beyond me. I believe, in part as was stated upthread, that Weiner didn't get enough of what keeps a man happy when he was younger and thus was open to temptation. He's only been married for a short period of time.

It takes two to tango of course. Remember back in the day that Nina Burleigh, a feminist author and political analyst said she would proudly give President Clinton oral sex for keeping abortion legal. Fame and status have their perks evidently and Weiner wanted them.

The more I think about this though the more I think that it may be possible that at least some of the women Weiner was interacting with may well have been Breitbart plants. Either way though, it was Weiner who made the disastrous decisions to have discussions like this via facebook with a woman who clams she was infatuated with him.

Everybody is human and presumably most people like sex. But you don't write things like that when you're a Congressman and especially not to a woman not your wife. It's just not done.

Although initially I didn't think he would/should resign I don't see how he survives this. If I were a voter in his district I would break out laughing everytime I saw him.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605125
06/09/11 08:08 AM
06/09/11 08:08 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
The way Andrew Breitbart has behaved throughout all this makes me hate this guy with a fucking passion. If Weiner betrayed anybody, it would have to be his wife. That is, if there is such a thing as cyber cheating lol. This is just ridiculous to me. Then Tim Kaine saying it's unforgivable to lie. What this guy does in his private life is nobody's business. It's amazing to see how many people want to see him gone over something as little as this. As if nobody has ever lied about their personal lives. The real hero in all this is Anthony Weiner himself. The irony however is that Bill Clinton did something far worse than this and his poll numbers actually skyrocketed every time he got his freak on. The man apologized, he went through some serious embarrassment and his name is Weiner! He's paid the piper and then some.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605132
06/09/11 11:06 AM
06/09/11 11:06 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Romney '12 takes another beating.

Quote:
So far, Romney’s reviews from the right are not positive. His views about climate change in particular put him at odds with many in his party’s base.

“Bye-bye, nomination,” Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday on his radio talk show after playing a clip of Romney’s climate remark. “Another one down. We’re in the midst here of discovering that this is all a hoax. The last year has established that the whole premise of man-made global warming is a hoax, and we still have presidential candidates that want to buy into it.”

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/mittpiers.html#ixzz1On8kfj71

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Lilo] #605133
06/09/11 12:07 PM
06/09/11 12:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Although initially I didn't think he would/should resign I don't see how he survives this.

He's not going to survive this, Lilo.

Like you, when this story first broke, I didn't really think in necessary for him to resign, but it seems another shoe drops every fifteen minutes with this story. According to MSNBC, the pressure he's facing on Capitol Hill is growing by the hour. And as soon as more than one of those people turns on you, it's open season; the rats are going to all jump ship. They say his wife being pregnant may benefit him. He can just say he's resigning to raise a family (although I'd like to see him say that with a straight face lol).

To paraphrase Michael to Fredo: "Congressman Weiner will never see the new year."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605134
06/09/11 01:01 PM
06/09/11 01:01 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Beside myself, is there anyone here on Team Weiner?

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605148
06/09/11 03:03 PM
06/09/11 03:03 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
For anyone who sees Romney '12 as Kerry '04, you're gonna love this.

Take this interview the other night, when Piers Morgan at CNN asked Mitt Romney this simple question: "Is Homosexuality a sin?"

Quote:
MORGAN: Do you personally think homosexuality is a sin?

M. ROMNEY: Nice try, but I'm not going to get into --

MORGAN: That's a valid question, isn't it?

M. ROMNEY: It's a valid question and my answer is nice try. I'm not -- I'm not going to --

MORGAN: Nice try at what?

M. ROMNEY: I'm going to tell you that as a -- as a leader of the American people, I will do everything in my power to treat all people with respect and dignity and to -- and to advance the rights people have to choose their own course in life.

MORGAN: There are people watching you saying, "Nice try," Piers, repeatedly, saying, well, why doesn't he just answer the question?

M. ROMNEY: Well, for instance, if you were to say to me, do you think adultery is a sin, do you think someone who -- who -- who does something you disagree with is a sin?

Look, those are terms in the religious context. I'm not here in a religious context. I'm here as a candidate for president. And as a candidate for president or as a president, I would have to represent the interests of all the people. And I don't distinguish between sin and sinner as I'm -- as I'm looking at --

MORGAN: So if you were made president --

M. ROMNEY: -- as -- as I'm looking at a president. I --

MORGAN: If you were made president, you wouldn't make any pronouncements whatsoever of a personal nature about any form of personal behavior?

M. ROMNEY: Well, I -- I'm not quite sure what -- what you're referring to...

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: -- just hide all that behind the...

M. ROMNEY: I can't -- I can't...

MORGAN: -- of religious belief.

M. ROMNEY: It's hard -- it's hard for me to imagine describing something as a sin in a political sense. You can talk about something being wrong, about something being evil. There are -- there are murderers. That's evil and that's wrong. It also happens to be sin, according to most religions.

But -- but the -- but if the terminology is religious terminology, that's probably not something which -- which would figure into -- to public policy.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/mittpiers.html#ixzz1On7CLos5

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605149
06/09/11 03:40 PM
06/09/11 03:40 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
This is flashing across CNN. Looks like the GOP is losing 1 candidate:

"Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's campaign manager and other top aides have resigned, GOP sources say."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605157
06/09/11 08:22 PM
06/09/11 08:22 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
For anyone who sees Romney '12 as Kerry '04, you're gonna love this.

Take this interview the other night, when Piers Morgan at CNN asked Mitt Romney this simple question: "Is Homosexuality a sin?"

Quote:
MORGAN: Do you personally think homosexuality is a sin?

M. ROMNEY: Nice try, but I'm not going to get into --

MORGAN: That's a valid question, isn't it?

M. ROMNEY: It's a valid question and my answer is nice try. I'm not -- I'm not going to --

MORGAN: Nice try at what?

M. ROMNEY: I'm going to tell you that as a -- as a leader of the American people, I will do everything in my power to treat all people with respect and dignity and to -- and to advance the rights people have to choose their own course in life.

MORGAN: There are people watching you saying, "Nice try," Piers, repeatedly, saying, well, why doesn't he just answer the question?

M. ROMNEY: Well, for instance, if you were to say to me, do you think adultery is a sin, do you think someone who -- who -- who does something you disagree with is a sin?

Look, those are terms in the religious context. I'm not here in a religious context. I'm here as a candidate for president. And as a candidate for president or as a president, I would have to represent the interests of all the people. And I don't distinguish between sin and sinner as I'm -- as I'm looking at --

MORGAN: So if you were made president --

M. ROMNEY: -- as -- as I'm looking at a president. I --

MORGAN: If you were made president, you wouldn't make any pronouncements whatsoever of a personal nature about any form of personal behavior?

M. ROMNEY: Well, I -- I'm not quite sure what -- what you're referring to...

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: -- just hide all that behind the...

M. ROMNEY: I can't -- I can't...

MORGAN: -- of religious belief.

M. ROMNEY: It's hard -- it's hard for me to imagine describing something as a sin in a political sense. You can talk about something being wrong, about something being evil. There are -- there are murderers. That's evil and that's wrong. It also happens to be sin, according to most religions.

But -- but the -- but if the terminology is religious terminology, that's probably not something which -- which would figure into -- to public policy.

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/mittpiers.html#ixzz1On7CLos5

lol Oh man, I love this question. Wow, Mitt came off like a complete idiot here. If I was a religious homosexual and I heard that, I'd be madder than a midget with a yo-yo. Even as someone of little faith, I'm a little offended by that answer. He obviously believes homosexuality is wrong.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #605165
06/09/11 09:56 PM
06/09/11 09:56 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
He's more obviously a politician and they don't give answers to direct questions. And I think you may have offended the "small people" community.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605169
06/09/11 10:25 PM
06/09/11 10:25 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I don't feel like I did. I love the little people.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #605212
06/10/11 04:31 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I don't feel like I did. I love the little people.

Don't sell yourself short.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605213
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605261
06/11/11 04:00 PM
06/11/11 04:00 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Apparently Anthony Weiner is taking a temporary leave from his job. He announced earlier this afternoon that he was going to get some evaluation and treatment to help him become a better husband.

Why doesn't he just keep his dick in his pants?

Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #605274
06/11/11 10:38 PM
06/11/11 10:38 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: SC

A question for the ages....

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: Sicilian Babe] #605277
06/11/11 11:00 PM
06/11/11 11:00 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

A question for the ages....

The little brain just has a mind of its own. lol

TIS

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605278
06/11/11 11:06 PM
06/11/11 11:06 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I can't remember who said it, but I do remember do remember this: There's not enough blood in a man's body for both heads to function at the same time, and the little head always wins. lol

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 06/12/11 02:21 PM.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #605288
06/12/11 06:21 AM
06/12/11 06:21 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Noted social scientists have asked that question for years.
Some of their findings listed below. whistle

I've got women in California, New York and in between
It's a full time operation trying to keep my business clean

-Johnny Winter "I love everybody"

Why must I feel like that? Why must I chase the cat?
It's the dog in me. Nothing but the dog in me

-George Clinton "Atomic Dog"

Why does a man go crazy when a woman wears her dress so tight?
It must be the same thing that makes a tomcat fight all night
What makes a man so happy when a woman wears her evening gown?
It must be the same thing that makes a preacher lay his Bible down

-Muddy Waters "The Same Thing"

Winter is Coming

Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #605294
06/12/11 09:47 AM
06/12/11 09:47 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Apparently Anthony Weiner is taking a temporary leave from his job. He announced earlier this afternoon that he was going to get some evaluation and treatment to help him become a better husband....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/...einer-to-resign

Considering how Weiner behaved in the days before having no choice but to admitting the truth, I think this is a phony stunt to appear sincere and avoid further pressure to resign. To request a 'short leave' from Congress for evaluation and treatment is a very on-the-surface remedy to his problems.

In addition, while he is on leave that would be one less vote in Congress for his State and his party, which is already in the minority. So this 'treatment' business is purely a self-serving move on Weiner's part.

It's not simply a matter of keeping his dick in his pants. True, he needs to deal with his personal life...which should really come first. But this latest stunt will not change how he addressed the scandal from Day One, nor will it repair the damage he's done to both his credibility AND his political career. All he's doing now is sweeping dirt under the rug.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 06/12/11 09:56 AM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Election 2012 [Re: SC] #605298
06/12/11 10:28 AM
06/12/11 10:28 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Cause he's a Weiner!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Election 2012 [Re: Don Cardi] #605410
06/13/11 01:18 PM
06/13/11 01:18 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Cause he's a Weiner!

Yeah, but he's no Sabret.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Election 2012 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #605418
06/13/11 03:04 PM
06/13/11 03:04 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Question overheard this morning....
With everything that is going on- Has he done anything illegal?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Election 2012 [Re: dontomasso] #605420
06/13/11 03:05 PM
06/13/11 03:05 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Cause he's a Weiner!

Yeah, but he's no Sabret.

and surely Oscar Meyer would have never got caught doing this...
but who knows what happens inside the weiner mobile!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Election 2012 [Re: fathersson] #605421
06/13/11 04:09 PM
06/13/11 04:09 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
When Margaret Thatcher's people think you're too conservative, you know you have problems lol.

Sarah Palin snub by Margaret Thatcher aides infuriates US rightwing

Rush Limbaugh joins supporters accusing Thatcher's circle of disgracing former PM with 'Palin is nuts' comment

Nicholas Watt, The Guardian UK

A firestorm on the US right has erupted after the Guardian reported that Sarah Palin will be denied a meeting with Lady Thatcher on the grounds that it would be "belittling" for her to meet the darling of the Tea Party movement.

Rush Limbaugh, the conservative radio host, devoted the opening section of his radio show to denouncing the "preposterous" Guardian report, as Palin supporters accused Thatcher's circle of disgracing the former prime minister.

The US conservative right reacted furiously after the Guardian reported that Thatcher's aides had decided it would be inappropriate for her to meet Palin, who is planning to visit London next month en route to Sudan. Palin has been touring US historical sites (an excursion that saw her slip up this week on the subject of Paul Revere, the American patriot who made a famous "midnight ride" to warn of approaching British forces).

One Thatcher ally told the Guardian: "Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts."

The former prime minister's friends say she will show the level she punches at when she marks the centenary of the birth of Ronald Reagan by attending the unveiling of a statue of the late president outside the US embassy in Grosvenor Square on independence day, 4 July. The Thatcher ally added: "Margaret is focusing on Ronald Reagan and will attend the unveiling of the statue. That is her level."

The response from the US right was swift. Limbaugh opened his show on Wednesday with a lengthy denunciation of the Guardian after the New York Daily News and a host of US publications picked up on the comments.

"There's a story out there today, and it's an illustration of how things happen, how things are said and reported," Limbaugh told his listeners. "This is preposterous, and I have personal knowledge of this."

Limbaugh said he knew Thatcher well and embarked on a lengthy description of how he had driven her round a Florida golf course on a golf cart: "I have been with her in social and professional settings as well. It's obvious that her health is not today what it was, but back in the day, Margaret Thatcher would in no way allow an aide to refer to anybody, Sarah Palin notwithstanding, as 'nuts'."

La Donna Hale Curzon, the host of Sarah Palin Radio, accused the Thatcher circle of disgracing the former prime minister. "Margaret Thatcher would never call a fellow Conservative, let alone Gov Palin 'nuts'," Hale Curzon tweeted. "Thatcher's handlers have disgraced the Iron Lady."

The ally who criticised Palin said the Thatcher circle would not change their minds despite the backlash. "Margaret will not be meeting Sarah Palin. If necessary we will make sure that Margaret has an off day when Palin is in London."

Critics of Palin revelled in the backlash against Thatcher's circle, whose dismissive views of Palin undermine her claim that she is the victim of a witch-hunt by left-leaning mainstream media. Palin regards Thatcher as one of her heroines.

Andrew Sullivan, of The Dish blog, which chronicles Palin's weaknesses, wrote : "As usual, the tired old bigoted comedian Rush Limbaugh took offence that anyone could call Sarah Palin 'nuts,' even though she is quite obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic, and her grip on reality is, shall we say, tenuous. And as usual, Limbaugh blamed it on the left, ie the Guardian's Wintour/Watt blog.

"What he doesn't understand is that Palin's nutsiness is not a partisan matter in Britain, or anywhere else in the world. It is an obvious truth marvelled at by all. Palin's emergence as a serious figure in American politics has made the country a laughing stock across the world. The idea that a stateswoman like Thatcher, in advanced dementia, would be used by such a crackpot is simply unseemly."

Page 20 of 141 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 140 141

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull