GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 291 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,597
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: SC] #603969
05/24/11 09:56 AM
05/24/11 09:56 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Today is Bob Dylan's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday, Bob, and thanks for all the GREAT music.

What's your favorite Dylan song??

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #604416
05/29/11 09:42 AM
05/29/11 09:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Boy or Girl

We have good news! It's a brand-new baby ... something?
Mitch Albom

It's the first question asked when a baby is about to arrive:
"Boy or girl?"

And in the case of a Toronto couple, the answer has been, essentially, "Whatever."
Kathy Witterick and David Stocker have decided that their third child, named Storm and born on New Year's Day, will decide its gender when it is ready. In the meantime, they are keeping it secret, and making their two other children, both boys (at least as far as they're telling us), keep the secret as well.

"If you really want to get to know someone, you don't ask what's between their legs," Stocker told the Toronto Star.
Added the mother in an e-mail to that paper: "Please can you just let Storm discover for him/herself what s(he) wants to be?!."

Never mind that the question can be answered with one peek down the diaper. What I don't get is the motivation. The parents, in their late 30s, seem to feel a terrible injustice is done by identifying something that goes back to Adam and Eve, namely, well, whether you're an Adam or an Eve.

"What we noticed is that parents make so many choices for their children," Stocker told the Star. "It's obnoxious."

Hmm.
Lack of schooling is no way to learn.
Calling a boy a boy is not making a choice for your child. But calling a boy genderless is.

I wonder what other choices these folks will leave to the baby. For example, why not let it decide to change its own diaper? Why impose your view? Maybe the kid likes sitting in poo-poo -- who are we to judge?
Why decide when to do a feeding? Put the bottle on the counter and let the kid go after it. Schooling? The child can decide. Go. Don't go. Whatever. What's important, after all, is that parents aren't "obnoxious" about it.

What you have here is a classic case of people saying one thing and causing the opposite. By trying to ignore gender, they have made gender the most important thing. There are now online polls as to whether Storm is a boy or a girl (most say boy), and TV shows and talk shows nationwide have been buzzing with it.
Meanwhile, Storm's two older brothers -- Jazz, 5, and Kio, 2 -- are being raised without formal schooling and taught to choose whatever behavior they like. Jazz, according to the Star, dresses in pink, paints his nails and wears a stud in his ear.

This, we are to believe, is his "choice." Of course, Mom or Dad made the choice to buy the nail polish, the clothes and the stud. What happens if the child points to a chain saw? They get him that, too?

Mother Nature makes her decision.
This is all part of a new self-loathing that defines anything traditional as bad, and any decision you might make as "judgmental" -- even to a crying infant.

I try to imagine telling my parents, when I was in the crib, that they were too judgmental. My father would still be laughing.
The Toronto couple believe they are giving their child a "choice" -- even though that choice was made by nature and was evident in the first pee-pee. Meanwhile, it seems pretty unfair to tell a 5- and a 2-year-old to keep a secret. Isn't that imposing something on them?

Personally, I am all in favor of a little imposition. It's time to eat. Time to sleep. Time to stop crying. Time to go to school. Don't treat others that way. Don't say rude things.

It's called parenting. If the child, later in life, prefers football to lipstick, or boxer shorts to dresses, or one day asks a doctor to mangle its private parts in an effort to be something else, it still will be unable to deny that it was born one way.
It's not a judgment. It's a fact.

So is this. When your child asks, "Am I a boy or a girl?" and you answer, "Whatever you want," you're not being wise, hip, progressive or nonjudgmental, you're just being a fool.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: Lilo] #604436
05/29/11 07:54 PM
05/29/11 07:54 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Boy or Girl

We have good news! It's a brand-new baby ... something?
Mitch Albom

It's the first question asked when a baby is about to arrive:
"Boy or girl?"

And in the case of a Toronto couple, the answer has been, essentially, "Whatever."
Kathy Witterick and David Stocker have decided that their third child, named Storm and born on New Year's Day, will decide its gender when it is ready. In the meantime, they are keeping it secret, and making their two other children, both boys (at least as far as they're telling us), keep the secret as well.

"If you really want to get to know someone, you don't ask what's between their legs," Stocker told the Toronto Star.
Added the mother in an e-mail to that paper: "Please can you just let Storm discover for him/herself what s(he) wants to be?!."

Never mind that the question can be answered with one peek down the diaper. What I don't get is the motivation. The parents, in their late 30s, seem to feel a terrible injustice is done by identifying something that goes back to Adam and Eve, namely, well, whether you're an Adam or an Eve.

"What we noticed is that parents make so many choices for their children," Stocker told the Star. "It's obnoxious."

Hmm.
Lack of schooling is no way to learn.
Calling a boy a boy is not making a choice for your child. But calling a boy genderless is.

I wonder what other choices these folks will leave to the baby. For example, why not let it decide to change its own diaper? Why impose your view? Maybe the kid likes sitting in poo-poo -- who are we to judge?
Why decide when to do a feeding? Put the bottle on the counter and let the kid go after it. Schooling? The child can decide. Go. Don't go. Whatever. What's important, after all, is that parents aren't "obnoxious" about it.

What you have here is a classic case of people saying one thing and causing the opposite. By trying to ignore gender, they have made gender the most important thing. There are now online polls as to whether Storm is a boy or a girl (most say boy), and TV shows and talk shows nationwide have been buzzing with it.
Meanwhile, Storm's two older brothers -- Jazz, 5, and Kio, 2 -- are being raised without formal schooling and taught to choose whatever behavior they like. Jazz, according to the Star, dresses in pink, paints his nails and wears a stud in his ear.

This, we are to believe, is his "choice." Of course, Mom or Dad made the choice to buy the nail polish, the clothes and the stud. What happens if the child points to a chain saw? They get him that, too?

Mother Nature makes her decision.
This is all part of a new self-loathing that defines anything traditional as bad, and any decision you might make as "judgmental" -- even to a crying infant.

I try to imagine telling my parents, when I was in the crib, that they were too judgmental. My father would still be laughing.
The Toronto couple believe they are giving their child a "choice" -- even though that choice was made by nature and was evident in the first pee-pee. Meanwhile, it seems pretty unfair to tell a 5- and a 2-year-old to keep a secret. Isn't that imposing something on them?

Personally, I am all in favor of a little imposition. It's time to eat. Time to sleep. Time to stop crying. Time to go to school. Don't treat others that way. Don't say rude things.

It's called parenting. If the child, later in life, prefers football to lipstick, or boxer shorts to dresses, or one day asks a doctor to mangle its private parts in an effort to be something else, it still will be unable to deny that it was born one way.
It's not a judgment. It's a fact.

So is this. When your child asks, "Am I a boy or a girl?" and you answer, "Whatever you want," you're not being wise, hip, progressive or nonjudgmental, you're just being a fool.

i am guessing its a baby alien

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: BAM_233] #604438
05/29/11 08:24 PM
05/29/11 08:24 PM
Manhattan
manhattandon Offline
G
manhattandon  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Manhattan
You should treat your children like The Godfather http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNewYorkDon?feature=mhee

How did things ever get so far?
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: BAM_233] #604439
05/29/11 09:02 PM
05/29/11 09:02 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
i am guessing its a baby alien

Or a hermaphrodite.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #605028
06/08/11 06:32 AM
06/08/11 06:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Don't let your daughters visit Kuwait sick

Politician's Proposal

We have yet another insight into what passes for Sharia-based feminism in the Middle East. This week we already saw a Obedient Wives’ Club calling for women to service their husbands like “high-priced prostitutes” to fulfill their duties under the Koran (Qu’ran). Now, Kuwaiti politician Salwa al Mutairi has called for the use of sex slaves, or Jawari, to satisfy the needs of “decent, devout and virile Kuwaiti men” and discourage adultery....

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #605032
06/08/11 08:01 AM
06/08/11 08:01 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Because the use of a sex surrogate is NOT adultery?? Hmmm...must be what Tiger, Weiner and Ah-nuld were reading, just to name a few.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #605439
06/13/11 10:17 PM
06/13/11 10:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
By Jonathan Stempel and Jessica Wohl Reuters updated 6/13/2011

NEW YORK/CHICAGO — Wal-Mart Stores Inc has lost its appeal of most of a $187.6 million verdict for Pennsylvania hourly workers who accused the world's largest retailer of denying them meal and rest breaks.

A three-judge panel of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania on Friday said there was sufficient evidence for Philadelphia jurors in 2006 to conclude that Wal-Mart's practices violated state wage and hour laws. It also said Wal-Mart's own internal review uncovered violations regarding "off-the-clock" work.

The case was brought on behalf of about 187,000 current and former Wal-Mart workers in Pennsylvania from 1998 to 2006.
They contended that the Bentonville, Arkansas-based company's engaged in improper practices to enhance productivity, boost profit and cut costs. "The record reflects testimony and documentary evidence suggesting that because of pressure from the home office to reduce labor costs and the availability of significant bonuses for managers based on store profitability, Wal-Mart's scheduling program created chronic understaffing, leading to widespread rest-break violations," the appeals court said.

Last edited by olivant; 06/13/11 10:18 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: olivant] #605447
06/14/11 01:01 AM
06/14/11 01:01 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: olivant
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has lost its appeal of most of a $187.6 million verdict for Pennsylvania hourly workers who accused the world's largest retailer of denying them meal and rest breaks.
The case was brought on behalf of about 187,000 current and former Wal-Mart workers in Pennsylvania from 1998 to 2006.

Not a surprise, but wait... is that $1M per person??? I am NOT condoning Walmart's actions (tho I still can't help but shop there), and I'm NOT belittling their workers' gripes at all... but are work breaks really worth a million dollars a person??

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #605458
06/14/11 08:32 AM
06/14/11 08:32 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has lost its appeal of most of a $187.6 million verdict for Pennsylvania hourly workers who accused the world's largest retailer of denying them meal and rest breaks.

Not a surprise, but wait... is that $1M per person??? I am NOT condoning Walmart's actions (tho I still can't help but shop there), and I'm NOT belittling their workers' gripes at all... but are work breaks really worth a million dollars a person??

No, it is more like $1,000. each..... whistle

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: fathersson] #605523
06/14/11 11:57 PM
06/14/11 11:57 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: fathersson
No, it is more like $1,000. each..... whistle

Okay, wow... I shouldn't do math late at night blush lol

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #605686
06/17/11 05:33 PM
06/17/11 05:33 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I haven't been paid for two weeks; me and the whole company. We were told to be patient; we will be paid. Fifty percent of our work is through a sub-contract. The main contractor is having some "accounting issues" and its the end of their fiscal year, or so we've been told. I will get by for a month, but I feel sorry for some of the young guys in our company who live paycheck to check. I'm debating on whether to call-out on Monday and say I can't make it to work, I have a job interview.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: MaryCas] #605689
06/17/11 05:49 PM
06/17/11 05:49 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I haven't been paid for two weeks; me and the whole company. We were told to be patient; we will be paid. Fifty percent of our work is through a sub-contract. The main contractor is having some "accounting issues" and its the end of their fiscal year, or so we've been told. I will get by for a month, but I feel sorry for some of the young guys in our company who live paycheck to check. I'm debating on whether to call-out on Monday and say I can't make it to work, I have a job interview.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: Lilo] #605720
06/18/11 12:22 PM
06/18/11 12:22 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Thanks Lilo, I might try that. cool

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606033
06/22/11 07:47 PM
06/22/11 07:47 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
This is how people talk. I mean, let's be honest.
Of course you can't be CAUGHT on tape talking about your co-workers like this but evidently I'm not the only person that occasionally wonders whatever happened to the babe stewardesses. Maybe that was just in the movies.. lol whistle rolleyes

But you just can't say stuff like that over an open mike.
Good night in the morning!!!! Hello...Human Resources...Umm yeah we have a candidate for separation...

Pilot rants about ugly and gay flight attendants

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606202
06/25/11 12:21 AM
06/25/11 12:21 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Albany, New York (CNN) -- New York's Republican-controlled legislature cleared the way Friday to legalize same-sex marriage with a 33-to-29 vote, sending the bill to the governor's desk for his approval.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: olivant] #606203
06/25/11 12:24 AM
06/25/11 12:24 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
It's about time.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606204
06/25/11 01:01 AM
06/25/11 01:01 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
20-30 years from now, if Earth is still around, people will wonder what the big fucking deal was.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606578
06/29/11 10:28 AM
06/29/11 10:28 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Finally after 1 year and 1 month of searching I got my first official job smile

Para Legal at the Union. I can start monday! I'm so happy.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: M.M. Floors] #606579
06/29/11 10:33 AM
06/29/11 10:33 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Congrats and good luck, MMF.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606583
06/29/11 10:55 AM
06/29/11 10:55 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
Thanks.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: M.M. Floors] #606608
06/29/11 05:14 PM
06/29/11 05:14 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
That's great MM Floors. I always have found the legal profession very interesting. Good luck to you. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: olivant] #606614
06/29/11 05:51 PM
06/29/11 05:51 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Albany, New York (CNN) -- New York's Republican-controlled legislature cleared the way Friday to legalize same-sex marriage with a 33-to-29 vote, sending the bill to the governor's desk for his approval.

I hope next year they pass the same-family marriage. I really want to marry my cousin.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: MaryCas] #606615
06/29/11 06:11 PM
06/29/11 06:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I hope next year they pass the same-family marriage. I really want to marry my cousin.

Move to Arkansas.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: SC] #606617
06/29/11 06:27 PM
06/29/11 06:27 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC

Move to Arkansas.

last time i checked FDR did not move to Arkansas to marry his cousin Elenoir

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606624
06/29/11 07:08 PM
06/29/11 07:08 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Where first cousin marriage is banned and where it is allowed in the US.
State Laws

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: MaryCas] #606627
06/29/11 08:47 PM
06/29/11 08:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Nothnin' says lovin' like marryin' your cousin.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: olivant] #606638
06/30/11 01:05 AM
06/30/11 01:05 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Nothnin' says lovin' like marryin' your cousin.

Yep...gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Rollin' your own." wink

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: J Geoff] #606742
07/01/11 08:19 PM
07/01/11 08:19 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Wonderwall, Friday, July 1, 2011, 4:21pm (PDT)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Six weeks after Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed he had fathered a child out of wedlock, his wife, Maria Shriver, filed divorce papers Friday to end their marriage of 25 years.

The former television journalist and Kennedy family heir cited irreconcilable differences but offered no additional details about the breakup

Last edited by olivant; 07/01/11 08:19 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2011) [Re: olivant] #606746
07/01/11 09:00 PM
07/01/11 09:00 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Wonderwall, Friday, July 1, 2011, 4:21pm (PDT)

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Six weeks after Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed he had fathered a child out of wedlock, his wife, Maria Shriver, filed divorce papers Friday to end their marriage of 25 years.

The former television journalist and Kennedy family heir cited irreconcilable differences but offered no additional details about the breakup

Yes I saw it on the news today. I can't say I'm surprised. She's also asking for child support (also no surprise). What a sad situation. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull