GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 272 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,865
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Don Cardi] #590072
01/06/11 10:01 PM
01/06/11 10:01 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
[quote=pizzaboy]The Zsa Zsa character, in my opinion, was loosely based on Joe Columbo.

I though the Zsa Zsa character was one of the Gabor sisters.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: olivant] #590098
01/07/11 08:30 AM
01/07/11 08:30 AM
Sonny_Black Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline OP
Underboss
Joey Zasa is based most on Joe Colombo. Remember that he had his "Meucci association" which was a clear reference to the Italian American Civil Rights League of Joe Colombo.

Some newspaper article I once read about him stated that he was also based on Joe Gallo.

And he's probably also based on Gotti who was the most famous gangster at the time Part III was made. Coppola and Puzo were most definitely aware of that and that may just be the reason they created someone like Zasa.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: olivant] #590103
01/07/11 12:14 PM
01/07/11 12:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: olivant
[quote=pizzaboy]The Zsa Zsa character, in my opinion, was loosely based on Joe Columbo.

I though the Zsa Zsa character was one of the Gabor sisters.

lol lol

Good one ollie! lol

As Vincent said........."Zazaaaaaaa." wink

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Don Cardi] #590105
01/07/11 12:16 PM
01/07/11 12:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
TB is right. Colombo and Gotti, for sure. And you can make a case for a little Crazy Joe, too.

The line below was lifted verbatim right out of Jerry Capeci's first Gotti bio, "Mob Star." It supposedly happened between Gotti and Michael Franzese. Just switch John Gotti for Michael Corleone. It was published in 1988, a year before they started filming "Godfather 3."

"If there is some guy running around this city saying, 'Fuck Michael Corleone,' what do we do with a piece of shit like that? He's a fucking dog."

Michael also states, "His picture is on the cover of the New York Times magazine. He gets the Esquire magazine award, for the best-dressed gangster! The newspapers praise him, because, he hires Blacks into his family, which shows he has a good heart. He, is famous. Who knows? Maybe one day, he will make all of you, popular."

Now the New York Times and Esquire references were clearly Gotti references. A Gotti drawing famously made the cover of Time magazine back in 1986. He was wearing a double breasted suit and the article mentioned his reputation as being the "best dressed gangster in Queens."

As for hiring blacks into his family, that could have easily come from one of the Gallos brothers---probably Joe, who grew tight with the black inmates while doing time for extortion.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: pizzaboy] #590111
01/07/11 12:28 PM
01/07/11 12:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
..... And you can make a case for a little Crazy Joe, too.

Absolutely pizzaboy. He LOVED the cameras. Crazy Joe was known as being a "Chic" gangster for his hobnobbing with many "upper echelon" uptown types. It was Marta and Jerry Orbach who took a liking to Crazy Joe. They began introducing him around town to people like Joan Hackett, David Steinberg, etc., who in turn began inviting him to these private upscale parties thrown by the rich and famous.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Don Cardi] #590134
01/07/11 02:51 PM
01/07/11 02:51 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
..... And you can make a case for a little Crazy Joe, too.

Absolutely pizzaboy. He LOVED the cameras. Crazy Joe was known as being a "Chic" gangster for his hobnobbing with many "upper echelon" uptown types. It was Marta and Jerry Orbach who took a liking to Crazy Joe. They began introducing him around town to people like Joan Hackett, David Steinberg, etc., who in turn began inviting him to these private upscale parties thrown by the rich and famous.

I think Bob Dylan wrote a song about Crazy Joe.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: dontomasso] #590136
01/07/11 03:42 PM
01/07/11 03:42 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I think Bob Dylan wrote a song about Crazy Joe.

Yes, it is called JOEY

Don Cardi cool

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: pizzaboy] #592193
01/25/11 05:56 PM
01/25/11 05:56 PM
Jacksonville, IL
ADilla_Nevada Offline
Wiseguy
ADilla_Nevada  Offline
Wiseguy
Jacksonville, IL
Originally Posted By: Lilo
just kidding, obviously... Always fun to learn more about NYC and film history... cool

Now if you're nice, I'll learn ya about Elmore Leonard's 1970's DEE-Troit tongue grin.

Grew up over on Longfellow/Atkinson/Rosa Parks Blvd next to the Boston Edison area of Detroit........

and on rap forums, there are old rumors from people from Harlem who swear that Nicky Barnes used to do dealings with Crazy Joe, but we'll never know....

by the way, the name is ADilla Nevada, my first post on this site of course would be something about Detroit.

Last edited by ADilla_Nevada; 01/25/11 06:00 PM.

Questo Consigliere Deaf vi farà dormire con i pesci ...!

-- unknown Consigliere nicknamed called "Deafy"
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: ADilla_Nevada] #592303
01/26/11 11:24 AM
01/26/11 11:24 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ADilla_Nevada
just kidding, obviously... Always fun to learn more about NYC and film history... cool

Now if you're nice, I'll learn ya about Elmore Leonard's 1970's DEE-Troit tongue grin.

Grew up over on Longfellow/Atkinson/Rosa Parks Blvd next to the Boston Edison area of Detroit........

and on rap forums, there are old rumors from people from Harlem who swear that Nicky Barnes used to do dealings with Crazy Joe, but we'll never know....

by the way, the name is ADilla Nevada, my first post on this site of course would be something about Detroit.

Welcome! smile
I'm a Boston-Edison man myself. Linwood/Chicago/Boston. Nice to have another Detroiter here. Hope you stick around...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Lilo] #592354
01/26/11 04:03 PM
01/26/11 04:03 PM
Jacksonville, IL
ADilla_Nevada Offline
Wiseguy
ADilla_Nevada  Offline
Wiseguy
Jacksonville, IL
Originally Posted By: ADilla_Nevada

Welcome! smile
I'm a Boston-Edison man myself. Linwood/Chicago/Boston. Nice to have another Detroiter here. Hope you stick around...

No plm...weird thing was, I actually live in Detroit until I was 7 until I move to Mississippi, but I would travel back and forth every winter and summer break during every chance I got...my late grandfather was a well-known Detroit Police Detective on the radio in the 70s and 80s and was actually instrumental in quelling the riot in '67 over the radio with the "Queen". Ironically though, it was my great-uncle (his brother-in-law) across the river in Canada (Chatham) that had a huge collection of books on the mafia, and that were I first found the Godfather book at 11 years old (I was reading Lords of the Rings by 8 yrs. old lol)...I read the Godfather and haven't been the same since..would look for every Mafia book I could find ...lol.

Last edited by ADilla_Nevada; 01/26/11 04:03 PM.

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Turnbull] #592361
01/26/11 05:50 PM
01/26/11 05:50 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
yeah, great thread!

it got me curious about the Gallo Brothers once again but I didn't choose the most reliable source... now, is most of this really true?

and especially this?

"...a member of the Gallo group arranged for a hitman to be flown in from Las Vegas, who would be dispatched to ambush the Colombo leadership during the meeting. However, the hitman fired at the wrong table, in the process killing two innocent businessmen."

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Tony Mosrite] #592369
01/26/11 06:35 PM
01/26/11 06:35 PM
Jacksonville, IL
ADilla_Nevada Offline
Wiseguy
ADilla_Nevada  Offline
Wiseguy
Jacksonville, IL
Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
yeah, great thread!

it got me curious about the Gallo Brothers once again but I didn't choose the most reliable source... now, is most of this really true?

and especially this?

"...a member of the Gallo group arranged for a hitman to be flown in from Las Vegas, who would be dispatched to ambush the Colombo leadership during the meeting. However, the hitman fired at the wrong table, in the process killing two innocent businessmen."

I read the link you posted and came upon this:

Quote:
In February 1961, the Gallos kidnapped Profaci underboss Joseph Magliocco and capos Frank Profaci, John Scimone and Joseph Colombo and held them for ransom. For their release, Profaci negotiated an agreement with the Gallos. However, after the men were released, Profaci reneged on the agreement and went after the Gallo crew. On August 20, 1961, Persico, now a Profaci loyalist, lured Larry Gallo into meeting him at a lounge.

Profaci capo Dominic "Mimi" Scialo and his men unsuccessfully attempted to strangle Larry at the meeting. The Gallos now declared open war on Profaci. In 1961, Joey Gallo was sentenced to ten years in prison, but the conflict continued. In June 1962, Proface died of natural causes and the family leadership passed to Magliocco. In 1963, with the conviction of two more Gallo crew members, the conflict ended.

....nearly strangle at lounge sounds very familiar...Frankie Five Angels anybody?

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Sonny_Black] #592602
01/29/11 01:07 PM
01/29/11 01:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I'll take Rosato Brothers coffee over Gallo Brothers wine anytime.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: olivant] #592617
01/29/11 02:37 PM
01/29/11 02:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
I'll take Rosato Brothers coffee over Gallo Brothers wine anytime.

Thanks for keeping this topic alive. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Mark] #639330
03/10/12 09:10 PM
03/10/12 09:10 PM
Oklahoma
45ACP Offline
Button
45ACP  Offline
Button
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Mark
By the way, that bar/restaurant looks a lot like the set used in The Sopranos when they show Carmine Lupertazzi's headquarters/social club. Towards the end of the series, it's where Phil has that posthumous birthday party for his dead brother and his whole family is there. Anyone else see the resemblence of that bar or am I going pazzo?!?

The bar also looks like the bar in "A Bronx Tale" where the motorcycle gang got their azzes kicked.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VtcVvt5nR8I[/video]

Re: The Rosato brothers [Re: Sonny_Black] #639370
03/11/12 07:37 AM
03/11/12 07:37 AM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
This topic makes me want to watch part II again, great stuff.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull