GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Oldsoul13, Toodoped, Ciment, 1 invisible), 67 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,385
Posts1,059,738
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) #589474
12/30/10 12:19 AM
12/30/10 12:19 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
For all the loyal fans, and in hopes of gaining new followers!
Happy New Year! smile

http://www.syfy.com/twilightzone/episodes.php
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052520/episodes
http://tzone.the-croc.com/original-twilight-zone-episode-guide.html (Beware of spoilers, but it has nice info!)

[All times Eastern]

Friday, December 31st 2010
Click to reveal..
08:00 AM
PERCHANCE TO DREAM
A fatigued man fights to stay awake as he explains to a psychiatrist that if he falls asleep it will trigger a nightmare, which will cause his heart to fail.

08:30 AM
THE FOUR OF US ARE DYING
A man who can change his face to look like other people uses his ability to improve his life regardless of his affect on others.

09:00 AM
THE FEVER
An elderly man catches gambling fever from a slot machine that he believes is calling his name.

09:30 AM
A THING ABOUT MACHINES
Bartlett Finchley's paranoia about the machines around proves true.

10:00 AM
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
Philanderer Joe Britt sees his indiscretions shown on his own TV set after it was worked on by a very unique repairman.

10:30 AM
AND WHEN THE SKY WAS OPENED
Three U.S. astronauts blast off from Earth on an initial test flight in an experimental rocket-ship, but during the flight into space the ship disappears from radar, then reappears.

11:00 AM
RING-A-DING GIRL
Movie star Bunny Blake receives a ring from her hometown which is giving her warnings to come home while she flies cross country.

11:30 AM
ESCAPE CLAUSE
A hypochondriac man sells his soul to the devil, exchanging it for one million years of immortality.

12:00 PM
MR. GARRITY AND THE GRAVES
Mr. Garrity comes into town offering to resurrect the dead and reunite the townsfolk with their departed loved ones out of the goodness of his heart. Do the town-folks want these miracles to occur?

12:30 PM
IN PRAISE OF PIP
In the early 1960's, small-time bookie Max Phillips (Jack Klugman) hates his life. His only pride is his son, Pip, then serving in the U.S. Armed Forces in Vietnam. When a young bettor uses company funds to bet with Max, then loses everything, Max returns his money, angering Max's bosses.

01:00 PM
QUEEN OF THE NILE
A reporter interviews a Hollywood movie queen who has a secret to her eternal beauty.

01:30 PM
A NICE PLACE TO VISIT
After being shot in the act of a robbery, small-time bottom-feeder Rocky Valentine is visited by the angelic and portly "Mr. Pip" who transports him into a reality in which he can do no wrong.

02:00 PM
THE LAST FLIGHT
A World War I British fighter pilot lands at an American air force base in France 42 years in the future.

02:30 PM
MR. BEVIS
An eccentric loser gets a new life from his guardian angel, but there is a price to keeping it.

03:00 PM
THE OLD MAN IN THE CAVE
In a post-apocalyptic settlement, the inhabitants' survival is dependent on the advice of an unseen man living in a nearby cave. This dependence is tested when a band of soldiers descends on their town.

03:30 PM
A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
Gaining telepathic abilities when his coin lands on its edge bank clerk Hector B. Poole learns about the difference between other people's plans and fantasies.

04:00 PM
THE HUNT
Upon returning from a coon hunt, Hyder Simpson discovers that no one can see or hear him because he has passed on.

04:30 PM
WALKING DISTANCE
A man makes a time travel to his childhood, when he's just a few miles away from his native town.

05:00 PM
A HUNDRED YARDS OVER THE RIM
A pioneer from a wagon train in 1847 sets off to find something for his ill son and stumbles into present day New Mexico.

05:30 PM
A MOST UNUSUAL CAMERA
When three dum-dum crooks get ahold of a camera that takes pictures of the future, they set out to make a quick fortune with their new toy.

06:00 PM
I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC
A recent widower, needing loving care for his three young children, orders a cybernetic "grandmother". While two of the children accept her, one of his daughters fiercely rejects her, with near tragic consequences.

06:30 PM
IT'S A GOOD LIFE
On an isolated family farm, a young boy with vast mental powers, but lacking emotional development, holds his terrified family in thrall to his every juvenile wish.

07:00 PM
EYE OF THE BEHOLDER
A young woman lying in a hospital bed, her head wrapped in bandages, awaits the outcome of a surgical procedure performed by the State in a last-ditch attempt to make her look "normal".

07:30 PM
THE MONSTERS ARE DUE ON MAPLE STREET
On a peaceful suburban street, strange occurrences and mysterious people stoke the residents' paranoia to a disastrous intensity.

10:00 PM
THE HITCH-HIKER
A young woman driving cross country becomes frantic when she keeps passing the same man on the side of the road. No matter how fast she drives the man is always up ahead, hitching her for a ride.

10:30 PM
WILL THE REAL MARTIAN PLEASE STAND UP
Following a frantic phone call about a crashed spaceship, two policeman try and determine who among the passengers of a bus at a snowed-in roadside diner is from another world.

11:00 PM
THE HOWLING MAN
Seeking refuge from a storm, traveler David Ellington comes upon a bizarre hermitage of monks, who have imprisoned a man who begs for his help. When David confronts the head monk Brother Jerome, he is told that the man is the devil, and David must decide who to believe.

11:30 PM
THE MASKS
Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them or else be cut off from their inheritance.

Saturday, January 1st 2011
Click to reveal..
12:00 AM
THE MIDNIGHT SUN
When the Earth falls out of orbit, two women try to cope with increasingly oppressive heat in a nearly abandoned city.

12:30 AM
THIRD FROM THE SUN
Two families of Government employees plan to steal a spaceship and travel to another planet just prior to World War III. They must also deal with a stooge who wants to stop them.

01:00 AM
LONG DISTANCE CALL
A toy telephone becomes the link between a young boy and his dead grandmother.

01:30 AM
ONE FOR THE ANGELS
A pitchman (Ed Wynn) is visited by Death and is forced to get his priorities in order.

02:00 AM
NIGHT OF THE MEEK
After a derelict Santa Claus is fired on Christmas Eve, he finds a mysterious bag that gives out presents. With this bag he sets out to fulfill his one wish - to see the less fortunate inherit the bounties of Christmas.

02:30 AM
NIGHTMARE AS A CHILD
A schoolteacher keeps seeing a strange little girl in her apartment building.

03:00 AM
NIGHT CALL
Telephone calls begin to haunt a disabled elderly woman.

03:30 AM
PROBE 7 OVER AND OUT
Colonel Cook stranded on another planet with no hope for rescue meets a woman who is the sole survivor from another planet.

04:00 AM
THE RIP VAN WINKLE CAPER
After successfully stealing a gold shipment, a group of criminals and their scientist accomplice put themselves in suspended animation in a remote desert cave. When they awaken decades later, complications ensue when their truck is destroyed.

04:30 AM
I AM THE NIGHT - COLOR ME BLACK
The sun won't rise on a small town where an execution is scheduled to take place.

05:00 AM
THE GRAVE
Old West lawman Conny Miller visits the grave of a man who he failed to track down to prove he was never afraid of him but gets more than he bargained for.

05:30 AM
THE FEAR
Charlotte Scott and policeman Robert Franklin seem to be stalked by giants.

06:00 AM
JUDGMENT NIGHT
A man finds himself on a ship in the Atlantic in 1942 not knowing who he was or how he got there. He does know that the ship would be attacked by a German submarine.

06:30 AM
LONG LIVE WALTER JAMESON
A father forbids a history professor from marrying his daughter when he discovers that the captivating lecturer is actually an immortal who has lived for thousands of years.

07:00 AM
THE ARRIVAL
Federal aviation investigator Grant Sheckly must deal with a mystery when a plane lands at an airport without pilots, passengers or luggage.

07:30 AM
A QUALITY OF MERCY
Hot shot new Lieutanant Katell tries to make his mark on the last day of World War II in the Pacific and gets a unique perspective on his actions.

08:00 AM
THE FUGITIVE
A magical old man delights the local children with his power to change his appearance.

08:30 AM
THE GIFT
A man from the stars comes with a gift to a small Mexican village whose residents do not welcome this stranger.

09:00 AM
BLACK LEATHER JACKETS
Three leather jacket wearing, motorcycle riding men invade a peaceful neighborhood.

09:30 AM
A PIANO IN THE HOUSE
Sadistic and hated theater critic Fitzgerald Fortune buys a player piano that has the power to reveal the souls of all who hear it.

10:00 AM
THE SHELTER
A suburban dinner party is interrupted by a bulletin warning of an impending nuclear attack.

10:30 AM
A WORLD OF HIS OWN
A writer demonstrates he can control reality simply by dictating changes.

11:00 AM
A SHORT DRINK FROM A CERTAIN FOUNTAIN
Aging marriage man convinces his brother to inject him with a youth serum.

11:30 AM
MR. DENTON ON DOOMSDAY
The town drunk in the old-west faces his past when Fate lends a hand.

12:00 PM
I SHOT AN ARROW INTO THE AIR
Order breaks down between three surviving crewmen whose rocket ship crashes on an unknown world with limited water and supplies.

12:30 PM
THE LITTLE PEOPLE
On a desolate planet, two astronauts discover an entire society populated by beings only 1/100th their size. One of them decides to rule the society as god.

01:00 PM
A KIND OF A STOPWATCH
A man is given a stopwatch that halts time.

01:30 PM
THE 7TH IS MADE UP OF PHANTOMS
Three 1960's Army National Guard soldiers on maneuvers near the Little Big Horn battle site find themselves unwittingly involved in Custer's last stand.

02:00 PM
MR. DINGLE, THE STRONG
A timid vacuum-cleaner salesman is given the strength of 300 men by some experimenting aliens.

02:30 PM
PEOPLE ARE ALIKE ALL OVER
A crash landing on Mars leaves fretful scientist Sam Conrad as the lone survivor of an expedition. After something starts banging on the outside of the spaceship, he opens the door to discover a race of human-like Martians.

03:00 PM
STOPOVER IN A QUIET TOWN
Young New York married couple Bob and Millie Frazier leave a party after drinking too much. They wake up in Centerville, a small town where no one lives, houses are empty, trees are props, food is plastic, and the only train comes right back to Centerville.

03:30 PM
A GAME OF POOL
A frustrated pool champ has beaten everyone. Everyone except one man; the legend, Fat's Brown. Brown is dead, and the champ can only curse his name. But guess who just walked in.

04:00 PM
NUMBER TWELVE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU
In a future society everyone must undergo an operation at age 19 to become beautiful and conform to society. One young woman desperately wants to hold onto her own identity.

04:30 PM
NICK OF TIME
A pair of newlyweds stopping in a small town are trapped by their own superstition when playing a fortune telling machine in a local diner.

05:00 PM
THE BEWITCHIN' POOL
Two children escape their bickering parents through a portal in the bottom of their swimming pool to a magical land watched over by a kindly old woman the children call Aunt T.

05:30 PM
THE DUMMY
Ventriloquist Jerry Etherson is convinced that his dummy, Willie, is alive and evil.

06:00 PM
LITTLE GIRL LOST
Awoken in the middle of the night by the cries of his daughter, a father enters the girl's room to find that she has vanished - even though he can still her crying out for help.

06:30 PM
KICK THE CAN
An old man living in a rest home thinks he's found the secret of youth in children's games.

07:00 PM
THE INVADERS
A lone woman battles two miniature spacemen whose craft crashes into her isolated farmhouse.

07:30 PM
FIVE CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF AN EXIT
An army major awakens in a small room with no idea of who he is or how he got there. He finds four other people in the same room, and they all begin to question how they each arrived there, and more importantly, how to escape.

08:00 PM
THE ODYSSEY OF FLIGHT 33
Passing through the sound barrier a commercial airliner inadvertently travels back in time.

08:30 PM
WHERE IS EVERYBODY
A man finds himself in a town devoid of people and with no memory of who he is.

09:00 PM
TO SERVE MAN
An alien race comes to earth, promising peace and sharing technology. A linguist and his team set out to translate the alien's language.

09:30 PM
TIME ENOUGH AT LAST
A henpecked book lover finds himself blissfully alone with his books after a nuclear war.

10:00 PM
NIGHTMARE AT 20,000 FEET
A man, newly recovered from a nervous breakdown, becomes convinced that a monster only he sees is damaging the plane he's flying in.

10:30 PM
LIVING DOLL
A frustrated father does battle with his stepdaughter's talking doll, whose vocabulary includes such phrases as "I hate you" and "I'm going to kill you".

11:00 PM
A STOP AT WILLOUGHBY
Tired of his miserable job and wife, a businessman starts dreaming on the train each night, about an old, idyllic town called Willoughby. Soon he has to know whether the town is real and fancies the thought of seeking refuge there.

11:30 PM
THE OBSOLETE MAN
In a future totalitarian society, a librarian is declared obsolete and sentenced to death.

Sunday, January 2nd 2011
Click to reveal..
12:00 AM
THE AFTER HOURS
A woman is treated badly by some odd salespeople on an otherwise empty department store floor.

12:30 AM
DEATHS-HEAD REVISITED
A former German SS captain returns to Dachau concentration camp.

01:00 AM
TWO
Two survivors of an apocalyptic battle, a man and a woman from each opposing sides, approach each other suspiciously.

01:30 AM
MIRROR IMAGE
While waiting in a bus station, Millicent Barnes has the strange feeling that her doppelganger is trying to take over her life.

02:00 AM
THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD
A well-loved teacher feels his useful life is over when he is asked to retire.

02:30 AM
TWENTY TWO
While in the hospital recovering from overwork, Liz Powell keeps dreaming about going down to the hospital morgue.

03:00 AM
THE LONELY
A convict, living alone in an asteroid, receives from the police a realistic woman-robot.

03:30 AM
DEAD MAN'S SHOES
A homeless man takes the shoes of a dead gangster and steps into his life.

04:00 AM
HOCUS-POCUS AND FRISBY
A rural gas station attendant given to telling tall tales about himself is kidnapped by aliens who believe him to be one of Earth's leading intellects.

04:30 AM
NOTHING IN THE DARK
An aged recluse barricades herself in an abandoned building in order to avoid "Mr. Death."

05:00 AM
NINETY YEARS WITHOUT SLUMBERING
An old man believes that his life will end the moment his grandfather clock stops ticking.

05:30 AM
THE LAST RITES OF JEFF MYRTLEBANK
When a young man steps out of his coffin at his own funeral the townsfolk grow to suspect that the devil has assumed the man's body.

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #589479
12/30/10 12:47 AM
12/30/10 12:47 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Ahhhhh, gina. You've fed my addiction with this post. My daughter and I each year name the porcelain village that we set up under our Christmas tree"Willoughby" after the episode airing at 11 pm on Jan. 1.

Don't know that I can stay up for "Twenty-two."

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: klydon1] #589542
12/30/10 03:56 PM
12/30/10 03:56 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Gina,

I was telling my daughter (another GinaItaliangirl) smile about the TZ Marathon and she mentioned an episode that she liked BUT it was a more recent one (maybe not written by Serling It was in color and more recent). Anyway, she said it's about several young people stranded in an area where the sun never comes up. Sensing an evil presence and other circumstances lead to human sacrifice of one of them. The ending sounds so TZ. wink

Click to reveal..
They hear the darkness was caused by a rare eclipse of some kind, thus murdering their friend for nothing

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/30/10 04:28 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #589580
12/31/10 12:37 AM
12/31/10 12:37 AM
Texas

Texas
Oh yes, Willoughby! What a nice tribute you two do - an early prep for the marathon, huh? smile And I seem to remember your favorite (Twenty-Two) being on really late in past years, as well. Wonder what's with that? Probably intended to scare night owls who stay up to watch it. wink

Ooh, TIS, what a good one! That sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if I've seen it. Probably one of the newer TZ series, which I really should give a chance, someday.

I found the photo I posted in a Google search, and I'd never seen it before, but I love how it references many of the episodes. I see a flying saucer, masks, a player piano, a plane, a slot machine...it'd be fun to figure out what each part means.

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #589583
12/31/10 01:07 AM
12/31/10 01:07 AM
California

California
Gina,

I found that episode I asked about. It is the new episodes hosted by Forest Whitaker. The episode is called "Sunrise." smile

TIS

Twilight Zone

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #589584
12/31/10 01:21 AM
12/31/10 01:21 AM
California

California
Oh, and last year I saw a TZ episode, also from the early 2000's (don't know if the stories were actually written by Serling or not) confused Anyway, it's titled "Cradle of Darkness" in which a young women is sent back in time to kill Hitler.....when he was an infant. That was an interesting concept.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734776/synopsis

And yes Gina I love the picture with all the items/reminders of episodes. The ventriloquist's dummy, the slot machine offhand. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/31/10 01:25 AM.

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #589586
12/31/10 01:53 AM
12/31/10 01:53 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
TIS, Your post about the sun not coming up reminded me of a news story earlier in the year about the discovery of a planet light years from us that seems to have an atmosphere similar to ours, and revolves around a sun, but does not rotate on an axis. Thus, one side is in perpetual darkness while the other half is in light. I thought that Serling would have a field day with it.

I rememer the Hitler episode. It has a TZ twist at the end for sure.

Gina, "Twenty-two" has left an imprint on me. Whenever I've ever heard anyone use the phrase, "Room for one more," I get a shiver up my spine.

Another episode that is a worthy one is Mirror Image.

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: klydon1] #589589
12/31/10 02:59 AM
12/31/10 02:59 AM
Texas

Texas
TIS, thanks for the link! I just watched the whole episode, and as annoyed as I was with those foolish teens (kids these days, huh? wink ), I was still spooked! Reminds me of a particular Stephen King story, with that sickeningly tragic ending.

As for the writers, this list has all the TZ series, and it looks like the later ones weren't Rod's work, but rather a great variety of contributors, including Ray Bradbury and even King.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Twilight_Zone_episodes

As I scrolled through, I was amused to see that the new episode "Found and Lost" was written by Bill Mumy, none other than our favorite good boy...
Click to reveal..
AND, this episode is a sequel to that original with him: Link

Kly, you and I must have a similar chill factor! Mirror Image continues to scare me, but the first time I saw it, I was absolutely terrified by those shocking appearances of her "reflection."

Definitely a spoiler alert on it, but I think you guys will love this video compilation:

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #589627
12/31/10 08:15 PM
12/31/10 08:15 PM
California

California
Great clip Gina! smile

FYI, and FWIW I am watching TZ now and clicked on the link you posted showing the list by "EST" time zones. It's actually PST, correct for California time. It's 4:00 here and I am watching "The Hunt."

I see "Eye of The Beholder" is on tonight as well. Remember that one? lol I just LOVE those endings.

Btw, my daughter and I watched the "Sunrise" episode on her computer today. I enjoyed it as well.

TIS

Re: Twilight Zone SyFy Marathon (2011) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #589634
12/31/10 10:01 PM
12/31/10 10:01 PM
California

California
Just watched "Most Unusual Camera" about the camera that takes pictures of things that haven't happened yet. eek I saw the episode many times, but noticed how I love Serling's analysis at the end of each episode. After this episode, his comment ended as follows:

"It's a beckoning come-on for a quick walk around the block..... in the Twilight Zone." lol

Gotta love it.

TIS

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull