GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dixiemafia, 2 invisible), 243 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,901
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,328
Posts1,058,712
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy #588949
12/22/10 12:16 PM
12/22/10 12:16 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Daughter of 'Sammy the Bull' set to make small screen debut in controversial mob reality show

The daugther of legendary Gambino turncoat Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano stars in a new mob reality show - and that's not sitting well with relatives of her dad's victims.

Karen Gravano has started shooting for "Mob Wives," set to possibly air next year on VH1.

In one scene, she receives a well-timed prison phone call from her father, who is serving 20-years for Ecstasy trafficking, a preview copy obtained by the Daily News shows.

Gravano, 38, is one of five women tracked on the show - the other four in the preview video are actual wives; she's the only daughter.

Relatives of her 65-year-old murderous father's 19 victims say she should keep her mouth shut - and her face off TV.

"She grew up a little spoiled brat on blood money," said Jackie Colucci, whose slain brother Joseph was Salvatore Gravano's first victim in 1970.

"She should be ashamed that her father is a murderer and a drug dealer. I would be ashamed and crawling in a hole and staying out of the limelight.

"We're the victims. My brother's kids grew up without a father."

Karen Gravano's connection to the show is all part of an effort to reinvent herself. The self-proclaimed "aesthetician and makeup artist" hopes to open a beauty business.

Gravano said her dad's notorious past is his past - not hers.

"As far as the situation with my father, for the last 20 years I've always had that attention so it's nothing new," she said. "I'm trying to get out of that shadow."

"I'm sure it's going to be a good show," she said of the VH1 project, which is largely set in Brooklyn and on Staten Island

In one scene, she gets a call from Sammy Bull and gushes over a drawing he made of her daughter.

"Mommy showed me the picture you drew of (Sammy's granddaughter), it's beautiful!" the mob princess chirps.

Gravano also describes what it was like when she learned her dad broke his mob oath and agreed to testify against mob boss John Gotti.

"When he told me he was going to cooperate, it was devastating. . . . Finding all this out didn't matter because he's my father," she said on the video excerpt.

It should matter, the family of her dad's victims say. Capitalizing on the Gravano name trivializes the destruction he wrought as a gangster, they say.

"Doesn't she realize the aftermath of her father's actions? She has put him on a pedestal and they want to keep making money off Sammy," the relative said. "She's feeding off him."

"Mob Wives" is being produced by Jennifer Graziano, the daughter of Bonanno capo Anthony (T.G.) Graziano.

Her sister, Renee Graziano, praises Karen Gravano in one scene.

"Karen has got a huge set of b----, yes, she does," Graziano says.

A spokesman for "Mob Wives" declined to comment, insisting the show's cast is not set and "real production doesn't start until after the holidays."

Meanwhile, Sammy Bull may be starring in another drama if he is called to testify at next month's trial of longtime Gambino associate Joe Watts.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010...l#ixzz18rFJGrKs

This is bizarre, some people will go to any lengths to make a buck. I wonder if Graziano is close with his daughter, and how he feels about her making a show about a rats family.

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: GerryLang] #588966
12/22/10 04:12 PM
12/22/10 04:12 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I wonder what they say about Graziano hes still in the can...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: Dapper_Don] #588970
12/22/10 05:10 PM
12/22/10 05:10 PM
S
shaw83 Offline
Associate
shaw83  Offline
S
Associate
Where can you get the transcript of the conversation?

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: shaw83] #589028
12/24/10 05:20 AM
12/24/10 05:20 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
For all the bad samy has done he is still going to get out of prison at the age of 75.The perfect time for him to collect the pension and enjoy his grandchildren.How he is not being beaten up in prison i will never knoe

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: tiger84] #589043
12/24/10 04:11 PM
12/24/10 04:11 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: tiger84
For all the bad samy has done he is still going to get out of prison at the age of 75.The perfect time for him to collect the pension and enjoy his grandchildren.How he is not being beaten up in prison i will never knoe

I guess so, if he is able to last that long. In his book Anthony Casso said Sammy Gravano has some disease that has caused all his hair to fallout, lose weight, and other stuff. I think Sammy was at the supermax prison in Colorado with Casso at one time, but Sammy's info is no longer available on the federal prisoner locator website. He might not be getting beat up because he is in protective custody, and if he is in supermax, I don't think they have much contact,if any with, other prisoners. There have only been a handful of mafia guys to get sent to the supermax prison in Colorado, Greg Scarpa Jr, Anthony Casso, Vito Rizzuto, and Nicky Scarfo at one time.

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: GerryLang] #589053
12/24/10 06:10 PM
12/24/10 06:10 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: GerryLang

I guess so, if he is able to last that long. In his book Anthony Casso said Sammy Gravano has some disease that has caused all his hair to fallout, lose weight, and other stuff. I think Sammy was at the supermax prison in Colorado with Casso at one time, but Sammy's info is no longer available on the federal prisoner locator website. He might not be getting beat up because he is in protective custody, and if he is in supermax, I don't think they have much contact,if any with, other prisoners. There have only been a handful of mafia guys to get sent to the supermax prison in Colorado, Greg Scarpa Jr, Anthony Casso, Vito Rizzuto, and Nicky Scarfo at one time.

Ive wondered the same thing about Sammy whether he lasts that long considering his disease..

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: Dapper_Don] #589057
12/24/10 07:13 PM
12/24/10 07:13 PM
G
GerryLang Offline OP
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: GerryLang

Ive wondered the same thing about Sammy whether he lasts that long considering his disease..

There is no guarantee he will live long enough to finish his sentence, he looked horrible in the latest pictures released of him earlier this year.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/john-gotti/gravano

Re: Mob "Reality Show" stirs controversy [Re: GerryLang] #589059
12/24/10 07:31 PM
12/24/10 07:31 PM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
He looks like death warmed up.

He may finally get reunited with his old pal Gerrard Pappa in the next world