GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BarrettM), 328 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,830
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Julian Assange & Wikileaks #588126
12/14/10 12:40 AM
12/14/10 12:40 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline OP
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline OP
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Is there really no thread on this guy & his situation? He's not seriously regarded as criminal by most people, is he?
He's a journalist/publisher for chrissakes. & the circumstances surrounding his charged are a little odd. Apparently the sex in question was consensual, but his alleged refusal to wear a condom was not...??? Is that right?
Thats crazy. No wonder so many have stated that the charges are practically unwinnable anyway, & interestingly, most sources fail to state he was wanted only for questioning by Swedish authorities, not as a guilty suspect, which seems to be the implied inference.
Ultimately, the charges will have served their purpose if he can be held long enough to be extradited to the USA. Which is what seems to be the real motive here, right guys...?

Anybody?

(cough.)
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #588133
12/14/10 03:36 AM
12/14/10 03:36 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
It seems that Sweden sends Interpol on your ass if you accidentally tear a condom. Also the charges are so heavy, even if you turn yourself in, they won't let you out on bail, because you might go on a breaking condom spree or get on a plane and have sex with all the stewardesses without a condom; which is a serious terror threat to the world when the pilot gets excited and joins the party.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588134
12/14/10 04:15 AM
12/14/10 04:15 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Julie made a classic mistake: You can piss off/stick it to everybody, one at a time. But not all at once.

Whether these crimes are legit or not, I do think the governments/Internet/credit card companies throwing the book...no the library...at that group only gives them legitimate positive status as outlaws. Opposite of what they intend, I assume.

Or to put it another way, consider how this shitstorm didn't fall on them after they leaked the documents on Afghanistan and Iraq, or for that matter that infamous, embarrasing classified video of U.S. military cutting down those Reuters reporters*.

No, the hammer came down after those diplomatic cable leaks. I think that probably says everything to be said on that front?

Besides the governments are going to learn quickly what Hollywood and music labels learned the hard way earlier this decade: You can try to police such digital piracy all you want, but you can't stop it. A finger in a dam's leak.

*=Which was a tragedy enough, but then claim those casualties were a result of a (fictional) battle with insurgents...classic Watergate mistake: cover-up of the crime blowback worse than the crime itself.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/14/10 04:16 AM.
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #588201
12/14/10 02:06 PM
12/14/10 02:06 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
He might be released on a tight leash within 48 hours; I read it here:

http://mashable.com/2010/12/14/julian-assange-free-bail/

Go Julian!

These charges are ridiculous at best.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588227
12/14/10 04:54 PM
12/14/10 04:54 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/interpol-the-worlds-datin_b_793033.html

Dear Interpol:

As a longtime feminist activist, I have been overjoyed to discover your new commitment to engaging in global manhunts to arrest and prosecute men who behave like narcissistic jerks to women they are dating.

I see that Julian Assange is accused of having consensual sex with two women, in one case using a condom that broke. I understand, from the alleged victims' complaints to the media, that Assange is also accused of texting and tweeting in the taxi on the way to one of the women's apartments while on a date, and, disgustingly enough, 'reading stories about himself online' in the cab.

Both alleged victims are also upset that he began dating a second woman while still being in a relationship with the first. (Of course, as a feminist, I am also pleased that the alleged victims are using feminist-inspired rhetoric and law to assuage what appears to be personal injured feelings. That's what our brave suffragette foremothers intended!).

Thank you again, Interpol. I know you will now prioritize the global manhunt for 1.3 million guys I have heard similar complaints about personally in the US alone -- there is an entire fraternity at the University of Texas you need to arrest immediately. I also have firsthand information that John Smith in Providence, Rhode Island, went to a stag party -- with strippers! -- that his girlfriend wanted him to skip, and that Mark Levinson in Corvallis, Oregon, did not notice that his girlfriend got a really cute new haircut -- even though it was THREE INCHES SHORTER.

Terrorists. Go get 'em, Interpol!

Yours gratefully,

Naomi Wolf

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Lilo] #588238
12/14/10 05:31 PM
12/14/10 05:31 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Lilo] #588286
12/15/10 07:02 AM
12/15/10 07:02 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: Lilo
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/interpol-the-worlds-datin_b_793033.html

Dear Interpol:

As a longtime feminist activist, I have been overjoyed to discover your new commitment to engaging in global manhunts to arrest and prosecute men who behave like narcissistic jerks to women they are dating.

I see that Julian Assange is accused of having consensual sex with two women, in one case using a condom that broke. I understand, from the alleged victims' complaints to the media, that Assange is also accused of texting and tweeting in the taxi on the way to one of the women's apartments while on a date, and, disgustingly enough, 'reading stories about himself online' in the cab.

Both alleged victims are also upset that he began dating a second woman while still being in a relationship with the first. (Of course, as a feminist, I am also pleased that the alleged victims are using feminist-inspired rhetoric and law to assuage what appears to be personal injured feelings. That's what our brave suffragette foremothers intended!).

Thank you again, Interpol. I know you will now prioritize the global manhunt for 1.3 million guys I have heard similar complaints about personally in the US alone -- there is an entire fraternity at the University of Texas you need to arrest immediately. I also have firsthand information that John Smith in Providence, Rhode Island, went to a stag party -- with strippers! -- that his girlfriend wanted him to skip, and that Mark Levinson in Corvallis, Oregon, did not notice that his girlfriend got a really cute new haircut -- even though it was THREE INCHES SHORTER.

Terrorists. Go get 'em, Interpol!

Yours gratefully,

Naomi Wolf

Thanks Lilo! This was priceless!

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588287
12/15/10 07:18 AM
12/15/10 07:18 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Well, this is 5 days old, but still is worth to be linked here:

Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks On House Floor (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/10/ron-paul-wikileaks-defense_n_795014.html

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588301
12/15/10 10:28 AM
12/15/10 10:28 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
WikiLeaks: North Korea Wanted U.S. to Arrange an Eric Clapton Concert

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/...on-Concert-2756

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #588387
12/15/10 10:01 PM
12/15/10 10:01 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I read too, about the condom breakage and also that one of these women left town and/or couldn't be found, leaving authorities to think she may be dropping her charge. Haven't heard any more though. confused IF that is indeed their charge, I don't see where the rape charge is.

As far as other charges for printing this info, what are they? I hear traitor thrown around a lot (especially by the right) but he's NOT American so if he is a traitor it's not betraying the U.S. And then there's the whole "freedom of press" issue which I would think would be hard to overcome.

This guy evidently has a "secret" computer key (or code) ready to automatically spill even more beans IF anything happens to him??? eek How can one not laugh at the thought of how many government bigwigs (from all over)are shaking in their boots right now? Yea, I admit, this guy IS fascinating.

On the other hand the Marine that gave Assange the info, I hear today has been in Solitary confinement 23 out of 24 hours each day. Don't you need to be convicted of something before you're in solitary??? confused

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/15/10 10:14 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588424
12/16/10 10:54 AM
12/16/10 10:54 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
On the other hand the Marine that gave Assange the info, I hear today has been in Solitary confinement 23 out of 24 hours each day. Don't you need to be convicted of something before you're in solitary??? confused

TIS

Not since 9/11.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588432
12/16/10 12:01 PM
12/16/10 12:01 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I read too, about the condom breakage and also that one of these women left town and/or couldn't be found, leaving authorities to think she may be dropping her charge. Haven't heard any more though. confused IF that is indeed their charge, I don't see where the rape charge is.

TIS as I understand it, in Sweden, if two people are in the middle of the act and wht woman says "stop" and the man does not, it is considered "rape."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: dontomasso] #588475
12/16/10 02:56 PM
12/16/10 02:56 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

TIS as I understand it, in Sweden, if two people are in the middle of the act and wht woman says "stop" and the man does not, it is considered "rape."

Isn't it like that in the US as well? The absurdity is that in Sweden if the condom is torn, I think there's a penalty, but not to the effect of rape. I wonder if it depends on who bought the damn condom. crazy

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588477
12/16/10 02:58 PM
12/16/10 02:58 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

TIS

I could be wrong, but he isn't a civilian and is a member of military, so they have their own rules and he is screwed.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588513
12/16/10 09:15 PM
12/16/10 09:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I agree, afs. I think he is screwed.

To me, this whole wikileaks thing has been blown way out of proportion. The guy is a reporter doing his job. He's not a hero (as a lefty loon like Michael Moore will have you believe), and he's not guilty of espionage (as a righty loon like Glen Beck will have you believe).

People spy on each other. Writing about it is inevitable. That said, I don't think this will end well for Assange. Too many powerful people are upset with him. If they ever get him to the State of Virginia (where they are trying to file espionage charges against him), he's really screwed.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: pizzaboy] #588532
12/17/10 03:55 AM
12/17/10 03:55 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Too many powerful people are upset with him. If they ever get him to the State of Virginia (where they are trying to file espionage charges against him), he's really screwed.

I just don't see this pan out. Even if the US officials, and excuse me for saying that, but if they are stupid enough to bring him there and try him and find him guilty, the matter will likely go to the supreme court and it would be an ugly stain for the supreme court to find someone, let alone a non American guilty on the first amendment rights, where there's been a not guilty verdict in the case of the Pentagon Papers.

These powerful people have to get used to the wiki leaks trend and watch it. This whole operation could go underground and go on. It isn't just Assange.

That's an ugly attitude for a country that claims to be the beacon of democracy and free speech. Apparently it is good until it comes and bites you in the ass.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: afsaneh77] #588560
12/17/10 12:21 PM
12/17/10 12:21 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
And again, if Virginia/America goes all court press to get extradition for him, it only gives him more credibility.

Let Sweden have their run.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #588561
12/17/10 12:23 PM
12/17/10 12:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
And again, if Virginia/America goes all court press to get extradition for him, it only gives him more credibility.

Let Sweden have their run.

I agree. My only point was that the guy does not want to be brought here.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: pizzaboy] #588565
12/17/10 01:04 PM
12/17/10 01:04 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

It is simply a matter of speaking truth to power. The powerful don't like the truth.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: pizzaboy] #588594
12/17/10 07:44 PM
12/17/10 07:44 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I agree. My only point was that the guy does not want to be brought here.

Who would their balls tazerd at Guantanamo under "enhanced interrogation"?

We don't do the "T" word.

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588604
12/17/10 10:16 PM
12/17/10 10:16 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard

TIS

If it's found that Bradley Manning(the marine in question) is in fact responsible for the leak. The Execute him ASAP that's what traitors deserve. As for Julian Assange don't even get me started on that lowlife scumbag

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #588615
12/18/10 07:26 AM
12/18/10 07:26 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
To me some questions remain unanswered or at least they get out of focus in the debate?
- What kind of structure should an organisation like Wikileaks have? How much should it depend on one person?
- What kind of documents should wikileaks publish? Are there limits?

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Iceman] #588625
12/18/10 11:37 AM
12/18/10 11:37 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
If Manning is convicted, I am sure he will be punished, but I think execution, at this point anyway, is a bit extreme.

Assange yesterday, said never spoke with, or contacted Manning. Then how did he get the info??? Right now, to my knowledge, the only accusation against Assange is the rape charge.

Also, what IF it comes down to "freedom of press" issues? Just as one's "right to bear arms".....Good luck with prosecuting that. We'll see when all the facts come out.

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588647
12/18/10 02:52 PM
12/18/10 02:52 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
If Manning is convicted, I am sure he will be punished, but I think execution, at this point anyway, is a bit extreme.

Assange yesterday, said never spoke with, or contacted Manning. Then how did he get the info??? Right now, to my knowledge, the only accusation against Assange is the rape charge.

Also, what IF it comes down to "freedom of press" issues? Just as one's "right to bear arms".....Good luck with prosecuting that. We'll see when all the facts come out.

smile

TIS

I believe the whole operation of sending secret documents to wikileaks is done anonymously. Actually it is their job to make sure the source's identity is not revealed and their system is set up to insure it, otherwise who in his right mind would send them any documents of that nature?

But then their credibility is not that much, since you've documents that cannot be traced. For instance, some of what they've revealed form Iran sounds quite silly. Some we already knew. Some are just rumors that can't be either proved or debunked. In one report there's actually a number of votes for each candidate. In one it is claimed they didn't even count any, which sounds more accurate, but who can prove either of these without a source?

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #588678
12/18/10 11:26 PM
12/18/10 11:26 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard

TIS

If Manning did it he betrays his country and his fellow soldiers but yet execution is a bit extreme?

Well this is one of those we agree to disagree moments ohwell

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: The Iceman] #588696
12/19/10 12:48 PM
12/19/10 12:48 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: The Iceman

TIS

If it's found that Bradley Manning(the marine in question) is in fact responsible for the leak. The Execute him ASAP that's what traitors deserve. As for Julian Assange don't even get me started on that lowlife scumbag

You're so unconscionably backwards it gives me a headache.

Last edited by Don Andrew; 12/19/10 12:51 PM.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Don Andrew] #588705
12/19/10 03:52 PM
12/19/10 03:52 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Hey DA! grin

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #588707
12/19/10 03:55 PM
12/19/10 03:55 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
“If Manning is convicted, it will be because his individual dedication to human ethics far surpasses that of the US government.”

Read more

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #588717
12/19/10 07:25 PM
12/19/10 07:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
“If Manning is convicted, it will be because his individual dedication to human ethics far surpasses that of the US government.”

Read more

I love that line.

I also loved this one:

"In a free society we are supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, however, we are in big trouble." - Ron Paul

Re: Julian Assange & Wikileaks [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #588750
12/20/10 09:11 AM
12/20/10 09:11 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Joe Biden Labels Julian Assange a High Tech Terrorist

http://www.politicususa.com/en/biden-assange-terrorist

Has Obama actually commented on this? I would wash my hands of him if he agrees with his VP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull