GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 268 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,854
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: TonyG] #726406
07/14/13 07:51 AM
07/14/13 07:51 AM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss

Link:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/13/slain-hit-man-could-be-message-from-montreal-mobsters#

Excerpts:

Slain hit man could be message from Montreal mobsters
ROB LAMBERTI, SPECIAL TO THE TORONTO SUN
FIRST POSTED: SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2013 07:00 PM EDT | UPDATED: SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2013 07:46 PM EDT

TORONTO - Police attribute at least five hits to Calabrian mob assassin Salvatore “Sam” Calautti.

More than likely, the man who owned the Cinquelire restaurant on Dufferin St. in Toronto is probably behind even more, say police.

The 41-year-old father of three children was violent, enjoyed inflicting pain and made a lot of money for his bosses.

“Him? There’s five (hits) that we know of, probably more,” said a police source. “You can probably even double the number.

“He was very unique, a one-of-kind type of guy,” the source said. “That was their own words. That’s their own words, of the gangsters, that he was one of a kind. He was a difficult guy to control, difficult guy to manage. But … he’s the type of guy who makes a lot of money.”

And the totals on how many people Calautti assaulted, shot, or tortured during his violent reign of terror?

“Hundreds,” the officer said.

But the question that is on police investigators’ minds is if the slaying of Calautti and his associate James Tusek, 35, could be the mark of Montreal mob chieftain Vito Rizzuto reclaiming his command over the Ontario underworld.

[snip]

But now police wonder if the murder of Calautti early Friday outside a Vaughan banquet hall is Rizzuto exacting vengeance for the slayings of his father Nicolo, his son Nick and other important members of his organization.

[snip]

Calautti, who is close to people on the ‘Ndrangheta’s Camera di Controlo, is also believed to be involved in the slaying of Rizzuto’s father Nicolo.

[snip]

Police sources say if Calautti’s slaying is linked to Montreal, then the motive is vengeance.

But did Calautti’s murder harbour a second message from Montreal, urging Ontario’s Calabrian mob leaders to abandon any thought of rebellion and to toe the line?

“You have to consider it,” said an investigator. “You have to consider the drug rip angle, it’s hard to say. With (Calautti), he was doing robberies, he was doing drug rips, he was borrowing money and never paying (back). The suspect list is a cast of thousands, and they’re all plausible.”

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: antimafia] #727623
07/18/13 03:02 PM
07/18/13 03:02 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Article excerpts below are in relation to the recent murders of Salvatore Calautti and James Tusek in Vaughan (just north of Toronto); these excerpts also touch on the GTA-Montreal angle to the story.

Link:

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/3897956-vaughan-double-homicide-tips-trickle-in-police

Excerpts:

Vaughan double homicide tips trickle in: police
By Jeremy Grimaldi
Vaughan Citizen
July 18, 2013

Limited public response in regards to a suspected mob hit last Friday in Vaughan is complicating York Regional Police’s investigation and is igniting potential conflict between the Calabrian and Sicilian mafia in Vaughan.

The double homicide’s case manager, Det. Dave MacDonald, said police have had information passed along, but intelligence tips have been few and far between in relation to the brazen double shooting of Salvatore “Sam” Calautti, 41, the man suspected of killing reputed Montreal’s Sicilian mob boss’ Vito Rizzuto’s father, Nick, in 2010.

[snip]

“To say there’s been no co-operation is not accurate,” he said. “We’ve received limited co-operation from the public and from witnesses.”

[snip]

Meanwhile, officers continue to comb through video surveillance that has been seized from the bloody murder scene, a mere 250 metres from police headquarters, in which both men’s bodies and a BMW X6 they were driving were riddled with gunshots.

He also admitted he is speaking to police agencies from Montreal and elsewhere in regards to Mr. Calautti’s past, which he compared to drinking water from a fire hydrant.

“There’s so much information coming in, you need to separate the good from the bad,” he said.

[snip]

Det. MacDonald would not confirm if the investigation is an international one or not at the moment.

[snip]

Earlier this year, a York senior intelligence officer said that while Vaughan and York Region has a mafia presence from all three major Italian gangs, including the Cosa Nostra from Sicily, the ’Ndrangheta from Calabria and the Camorra from Naples, he added that mob figures in the region have been known to collaborate, avoiding bloodshed and police preoccupation.

He added there is evidence of representatives from different factions meeting to resolve problems.

“I can’t say they’re all working together, because they are competing, but we do know various groups are working together on various enterprises,” the detective said. “They ... understand that if there happens to be a street war, our attention will be focused more on them.”

However, this double murder may prove the opening salvo in the GTA, a spillover from the gangland war that has ravaged Montreal....

— With files from Toronto Star

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: antimafia] #727830
07/19/13 08:52 AM
07/19/13 08:52 AM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Another article discussing Nicolo Rizzuto's murder and another connection to the Vaughan double hit.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/linked+Rizzuto+long+sheet/8680340/story.html

Anybody know anything about the De Maria clan in Ontario?

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728098
07/20/13 12:51 PM
07/20/13 12:51 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
This is probably my favorite mafia family to read about. I too wondered if Vito would live coming out of the can and then he just simply takes over yet again. I'd like to see Raynald get out of jail and see what happens :-)

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: dixiemafia] #728116
07/20/13 02:00 PM
07/20/13 02:00 PM
Tommy2Times Offline
Made Member
Tommy2Times  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
This is probably my favorite mafia family to read about. I too wondered if Vito would live coming out of the can and then he just simply takes over yet again. I'd like to see Raynald get out of jail and see what happens :-)

I hope Vito makes it and rebuilds the Rizzuto family. I know there is more bloodshed to come from his side. It's a matter of timing. Do you guys think Vito will get any support from the commission?

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728122
07/20/13 02:09 PM
07/20/13 02:09 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Ya it looks like theres not much of a threat left to vito. And honestly i doubt new york goes any where near this. The canadians have been pretty independent for quite a while now. I imagine that theres been little to no communication between new york and canada since montangna got whacked.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: dixiemafia] #728134
07/20/13 02:44 PM
07/20/13 02:44 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
I read in French paper some time back that Vito had given a pass to both Desjardins and DeVito. Hard for me to believe this, but anyway... Then, DeVito died a week or so ago in prison.

I'm still waiting for some type of autopsy report to surface. Does anyone have any updated info on how he passed away?

DiMaulo was a message to Desjardins. Now with DeVito gone, no one can be too sure this initial 'report' was correct.

In any case, Vito's still the King in Quebec. Slowly, things have been going back to the way they were before Vito went to prison. The new movements going on in Ontario will now be interesting to follow.

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Tommy2Times] #728225
07/20/13 08:51 PM
07/20/13 08:51 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tommy2Times
Do you guys think Vito will get any support from the commission?

Commission? What Commission.

Canada doesnt give a f**k about NY. Montreal has serious links to South America and the homeland.

NY has no commission and no say. Sal Montagna, acting, was clipped. That's how much respect Vito has for NY. What are/have/can they do about it? Nothing.

NY's got as much influence in Montreal as it has a commission.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 07/21/13 12:06 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #728232
07/20/13 09:14 PM
07/20/13 09:14 PM
Tommy2Times Offline
Made Member
Tommy2Times  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Canada doesnt give a f**k about NY. Montreal has serious links to South America and the homeland.

NY has no commission and no say. Sal Montagna, acting, was clipped up here. That's how much respect Vito has for NY. What are/have/can they do about it? Nothing.

The Commission today

The Commission is still reported to exist today, though its current membership is composed of only the bosses of the Five Families and the Chicago Outfit. Its activities, like much of the Mafia in general, have receded from public view as a matter of necessity. Because of law enforcement scrutiny, the five New York City bosses have not met since Paul Castellano was killed in 1985.[2] However, while the Commission no longer meets in person, they still must approve major actions. Mini meetings between two (or more) bosses still take place.[2] In 2000, representatives of the Five Families (three bosses, one consigliere and a member of the Genovese ruling panel) did meet.[2] Instead of a meeting of bosses, underlings such as underbosses or captains meet secretly to discuss the business and govern. Does this help answer your comments smart guy?

Last edited by Tommy2Times; 07/20/13 09:17 PM.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Tommy2Times] #728237
07/20/13 09:27 PM
07/20/13 09:27 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

NY has no commission and no say. Sal Montagna, acting, was clipped up here. That's how much respect Vito has for NY. What are/have/can they do about it? Nothing.

The Commission today

The Commission is still reported to exist today, though its current membership is composed of only the bosses of the Five Families and the Chicago Outfit. Its activities, like much of the Mafia in general, have receded from public view as a matter of necessity. Because of law enforcement scrutiny, the five New York City bosses have not met since Paul Castellano was killed in 1985.[2] However, while the Commission no longer meets in person, they still must approve major actions. Mini meetings between two (or more) bosses still take place.[2] In 2000, representatives of the Five Families (three bosses, one consigliere and a member of the Genovese ruling panel) did meet.[2] Instead of a meeting of bosses, underlings such as underbosses or captains meet secretly to discuss the business and govern. Does this help answer your comments smart guy?

Well set aside the 2000 meeting for second, if theres a conflicts of interest between two families and they need to meet to settle it or if therrs a situation where two families have a joint business venture and work together could that really be considered a commision? Some experts say the commision ceased to exist after the big case in 1985, others argue that it stopped being that long before that. Remember the purpose of the commision was to be the ruling body of the entire american mafia. And a need for such body just doesnt exist today.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Tommy2Times] #728250
07/21/13 12:12 AM
07/21/13 12:12 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss

NY has no commission and no say. Sal Montagna, acting, was clipped. That's how much respect Vito has for NY. What are/have/can they do about it? Nothing.

The Commission today

Chicago is part of the 'current commission'? Mate you're off your head.

You're confusing a 'commission' with a 'sit-down' which is used to resolve inter family disputes.

There hasn't been anything resembling a commission for over a decade.
Let alone Chicago participating.
Give me a break.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: vito_andolini] #728314
07/21/13 01:22 PM
07/21/13 01:22 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: vito_andolini
I read in French paper some time back that Vito had given a pass to both Desjardins and DeVito. Hard for me to believe this, but anyway...

In what paper did you read this? Can you provide a link to that article?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #728315
07/21/13 01:23 PM
07/21/13 01:23 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
NY has no commission and no say. Sal Montagna, acting, was clipped. That's how much respect Vito has for NY.

Vito Rizzuto had nothing to do with Montagna's murder.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Sonny_Black] #728376
07/21/13 04:43 PM
07/21/13 04:43 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: vito_andolini
I read in French paper some time back that Vito had given a pass to both Desjardins and DeVito. Hard for me to believe this, but anyway...

In what paper did you read this? Can you provide a link to that article?

Sonny, I knew someone would ask!! The article is in French, from La Presse: http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/dossie...-a-montreal.php

It basically states that in March, Vito asked for a "calm" to the turmoil. That is of course after the DiMaulo and Gosselin murders. It states that "Or, La Presse a appris que ces individus se sont fait dire, au cours des dernières semaines, qu'ils n'avaient plus rien à craindre et qu'ils pouvaient revenir dans la métropole." Which means "These individuals <DeVito and Desjardins> who previously had a price on their heads, having nothing to worry about upon their return from prison."

What do you think now that DeVito is gone?

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728387
07/21/13 05:26 PM
07/21/13 05:26 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I've read that article. Renaud was talking about Desjardins' and De Vito's remaining lieutenants on the street who were given a pass and that they could return to the city safely. Recent articles on Giuseppe De Vito's death have corroborated that there was still a contract on his head. And it would be extremely unlikely that Desjardin's will get a pass, if not only because he might be looking to settle scores himself for the murder of Di Maulo and Gosselin. And the Bonannos probably want Desjardins dead as well for the murder of Montagna.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Sonny_Black] #728405
07/21/13 06:14 PM
07/21/13 06:14 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
I've read that article. Renaud was talking about Desjardins' and De Vito's remaining lieutenants on the street who were given a pass and that they could return to the city safely. Recent articles on Giuseppe De Vito's death have corroborated that there was still a contract on his head. And it would be extremely unlikely that Desjardin's will get a pass, if not only because he might be looking to settle scores himself for the murder of Di Maulo and Gosselin. And the Bonannos probably want Desjardins dead as well for the murder of Montagna.

I thought it was weird when I read it. I was like, wtf would those guys get passes for?? I didn't believe it then.

And I agree with your Desjardins assessment. Too many ppl would want him dead right now. He can only pray he has as many lives as Tony Magi wink

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #728406
07/21/13 06:20 PM
07/21/13 06:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The Commission today

Chicago is part of the 'current commission'? Mate you're off your head.

You're confusing a 'commission' with a 'sit-down' which is used to resolve inter family disputes.

There hasn't been anything resembling a commission for over a decade.
Let alone Chicago participating.
Give me a break.

Chicago hasn't been part of the Commission for decades. As for New York, it depends on how you define the Commission. Even by the loosest standards, the last known meeting was in 2000.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: IvyLeague] #728579
07/22/13 12:33 PM
07/22/13 12:33 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I agree Vito and company does not care what NY thinks. I think it shows the power he had to come back from prison and then pop Di Maulo and no telling who else and get back on top. I think he would have been able to do the same even if Raynald was out of the can.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: dixiemafia] #728609
07/22/13 02:33 PM
07/22/13 02:33 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I think he would have been able to do the same even if Raynald was out of the can.

Probably, because the coalition that was attempting to take over was doomed the moment Montagna got clipped. Montagna was the link between New York and Montreal and possibly Ontario as well.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Sonny_Black] #728641
07/22/13 05:30 PM
07/22/13 05:30 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
I think he would have been able to do the same even if Raynald was out of the can.

Probably, because the coalition that was attempting to take over was doomed the moment Montagna got clipped. Montagna was the link between New York and Montreal and possibly Ontario as well.

I think the coalition attempting the take over was doomed before Montagna got clipped. Attempted hit on Desjardins shows they were already locking horns

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #728649
07/22/13 05:57 PM
07/22/13 05:57 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy

I think the coalition attempting the take over was doomed before Montagna got clipped. Attempted hit on Desjardins shows they were already locking horns

In any case, the coalition lost the support from Ontario and New York and that support was essential. They'd shown to be incapable to lead as they couldn't resolve their differences and come to an agreement.

That is when the table began to turn in favor of Rizzuto, because he was probably seen as the only one who could restore order. Otherwise he would have probably been a dead man walking.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728660
07/22/13 06:21 PM
07/22/13 06:21 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
canada has some really old school lcn. crazy how they r able to do this! sad that all these guys are dropping like flies. no value for human life. vito had like half his family wiped out.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728691
07/22/13 07:35 PM
07/22/13 07:35 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
It might have been already mentioned with people asking about NY and Montreal and all but I thin we can definitely agree Montreal really branched off on their own after George from Canada was clipped. I think that killed the relationship for good between the two. I'm still surprised the Rizzuto's did not go to war on that on or wonder if they considered him one of them or a victim of his "own" family in NY?? Rizzuto doesn't seem to wait around and not do anything on things like this (ex Di Maulo).

Montreal should let Raynald out just to see it play out....haha

And someone mentioned Magi, man talk about 9 lives! Even under heavy guard I wonder if they'll catch him sooner or later? It seems pretty certain he was involved with Nick Jr. or am I thinking someone else?

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: dixiemafia] #728728
07/22/13 08:43 PM
07/22/13 08:43 PM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
And someone mentioned Magi, man talk about 9 lives! Even under heavy guard I wonder if they'll catch him sooner or later? It seems pretty certain he was involved with Nick Jr. or am I thinking someone else?

No, you're right. Magi and Ducarme were linked to the Nick Jr. murder. I wonder if Magi living life looking over his, and his family's shoulders, is even more painful than (finally) getting clipped...

I find it incredible both are still breathing by now.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728736
07/22/13 09:13 PM
07/22/13 09:13 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
It is only a matter of time before Magi goes, he got a lucky a few times but that will run out he is hunted.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #728878
07/23/13 12:43 PM
07/23/13 12:43 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I know I read an article this month or last month where neighbors were griping about him and his entourage. I think somebody pointed a gun at his wife or made the motion of a gun with their hand and then ran off into the woods and was not found. I think once he lets up on security or is tricked into coming out from under it he will get popped.

I know this story just gets better and better in terms of revenge, hate to know people are having to avoid this type of stuff though.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: dixiemafia] #728893
07/23/13 01:57 PM
07/23/13 01:57 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
It might have been already mentioned with people asking about NY and Montreal and all but I thin we can definitely agree Montreal really branched off on their own after George from Canada was clipped. I think that killed the relationship for good between the two.

It did not kill the relationship, although the Bonannos began losing their grip on Montreal from then on. Vitale and another Bonanno top guy visited Montreal two years later and they were received with respect. They offered Vito Rizzuto to become the new caporegime, but he declined and suggested his father instead. Recently there have been cases that have proven that there is still a relationship, such as the recent drug bust of Alessandro Taloni, who acted as a go-between of Montreal and New York. Also, when Rizzuto arrived in Canada last year he reportedly met with New York represenatives in Toronto.

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #729724
07/25/13 09:47 PM
07/25/13 09:47 PM
Quebec , Quebec
R
RizzutoS Offline
Associate
RizzutoS  Offline
R
Associate
Quebec , Quebec
Hi , This is my first post .... In from Montréal and they recently discovered some suspicous activites around Tony Magi house ... I am 100 % sure that this piece of shit is responsible for Vito Rizzuto son murder . He is living on borrowed time but if I were V. Rizz himself I would pay off his bodyguards a big sum of money to set up that fucking asshole . Greetings from Montréal .

Never rat on your friends & Always keep your mouth shut
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #729726
07/25/13 09:50 PM
07/25/13 09:50 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
What do u mean by suspicious activities?

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #729734
07/25/13 10:06 PM
07/25/13 10:06 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Welcome to the board my friend.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3