GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 353 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,509
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,423
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead #585516
11/10/10 08:13 PM
11/10/10 08:13 PM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
Nicolo Rizzuto has been shot, check the link. Oh boy, this is not good.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Nicolo+Rizzuto+shot+home/3809292/story.html

more info later on.
Its a damn mess out there, i dont think that Vito will have any power to restore peace. With his father gone, hes all alone now. Its all over for the Sixth Family. Vito himself will be killed when out of prison, or he may choose to retire.

Last edited by Mukremin; 11/10/10 08:17 PM.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585526
11/10/10 08:43 PM
11/10/10 08:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's been like the Wild West up there in Canada lately.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: pizzaboy] #585532
11/10/10 10:39 PM
11/10/10 10:39 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
damm i wonder when/if there ever will be any response/mediation from any of the ny families

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #585537
11/11/10 02:12 AM
11/11/10 02:12 AM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
I dont think any response will be made by the other families, it is just the beginning of the end for the Rizzutos. Its a huge blow, first his son and now his father. And other top members, like i said in the past. Vito himself will be killed to after his release, but maybe he wont get killed and will be exiled to Italy to face trial there.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585542
11/11/10 02:33 AM
11/11/10 02:33 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Another one bites the dust. It will be interesting when, and if, the truth of who is behind this all comes out.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: IvyLeague] #585545
11/11/10 03:20 AM
11/11/10 03:20 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Recent events in the Montreal Mafia
By Peggy Curran, Montreal Gazette
November 10, 2010

Recent events related to Montreal’s organized crime scene:

• Nov. 10 — Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, patriarch of what was once Montreal’s most powerful crime family, is shot dead in his home.

• Nov. 7 — Two men and a woman are arrested, the first break in a rash of firebombings at pizzerias and cafes in the city’s north and east ends. Speculation has swirled about who is behind the firebombings.

• Oct. 29 — Salvatore Vitale, 63, former Bonanno family crime underboss and a key witness in extradition hearings of Vito Rizzuto on racketeering charges, is sentenced for time served in 11 murders. He’s expected to enter witness protection program.

• Oct. 27 — Parti Quebecois leader Pauline Marois repeats her calls for an independent public inquiry into the Quebec construction industry, citing allegations at a money-laundering trial in Italy that organized crime controls construction contracts in Montreal.

• Oct. 8 — Antonio (the Florist) Mucci, considered a key contender to succeed jailed Mafia leader Vito Rizzuto, is granted bail on weapons charges. Mucci served a prison sentence in the 1970s for the attempted murder of Montreal reporter Jean-Pierre Charbonneau.

• Oct. 5 — Giuseppe De Vito, 44, who went underground after a mob crackdown in 2006, is arrested after four years in hiding. De Vito faces charges of cocaine trafficking, conspiracy and participation in a criminal organization. Shortly after his disappearance, his wife, Adele Sorella, is arrested and charged with the slaying of their two daughters, age eight and nine.

• Oct. 1 — Ten men plead guilty to charges for their role in an Internet sports gambling operation financed by the Montreal Mafia.

• Sept. 29 — Ennio Bruni, 36, an associate of the Rizzuto family, is slain outside the Cafe Bellerose in Laval, Que. Bruni had survived a previous attempt on his life in November 2009. During the Project Colisee crackdown on the Montreal Mafia, Bruni was identified as a money-runner in Laval gaming houses for the Rizzuto clan.

• June 29 — Agostino [BadWord], 66, considered a possible successor to Vito Rizzuto, is shot dead, along with Liborio Sciascia, 40, a convicted marijuana smuggler described as his bodyguard and driver. [BadWord] was alleged to have aided in the 1978 slaying of Paolo Violi, reputed to be the don of the Calabrian faction led by Vic Cotroni. [BadWord] was thought to have assumed the reins of the Montreal clan after Vito Rizzuto’s arrest a decade earlier, controlling a group of drug traffickers out of a Montreal cafe.

• May 20 — Paolo Renda, the Rizzuto family’s consigliere, and son-in-law of Nicolo Rizzuto, disappears. His luxury car Infinity is found close to his home, with the keys in the ignition.

• March 18 — Street gang leader Ducarme Joseph escapes death in a daytime hit at the Flawnego boutique in Old Montreal in which two men are killed. Joseph is among the possible suspects in the killing of Nick Rizzuto Jr., Nicolo Rizzuto’s grandson, who was slain in December 2009.

• Feb. 8 — Nicolo Rizzuto is charged with tax evasion dating back to 1994 and 1995.

• Jan. 5, 2010 — A cafe in Montreal is firebombed, the latest in a string of attacks on local cafes and pizzerias. Investigators suggest a link between the attacks and the killing of Nick Rizzuto Jr.

• Dec. 28 — Nick Rizzuto Jr., 42, eldest son of Vito Rizzuto, is killed in broad daylight outside a construction company. He had three drunk driving convictions but never faced charges related to organized crime.

• Aug. 21, 2009 — Fredrico Del Peschio, 59, who once served jail time in Venezuela with Nicolo Rizzuto, is gunned down outside the popular Italian restaurant he partly owned. Investigators say Del Peschio had just got out of his silver Mercedes when he was ambushed by at least one gunman.

• Sept. 18, 2008 — Nicolo Rizzuto Sr. pleads guilty to living off the proceeds of crime.

• May 4, 2007 — Vito Rizzuto pleads guilty to racketeering charge in New York and in essence admits to killing three men in Brooklyn. He is sentenced to 10 years, dispatched to a medium-security prison in Colorado. With time already served, his sentence will end in 2012.

• Nov. 22, 2006 — Police launch Projet Colisee, a vast crackdown on the Montreal Mafia. Among the 90 people arrested or sought on warrants are Niccolo Rizzuto, then 82.

• Aug. 17, 2006 — Montreal Mafia kingpin Vito Rizzuto, 60, once known as Canada’s Teflon don, is extradited to the United States for trial in the murder of three men in Brooklyn in 1981.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Recent+events+Montreal+Mafia/3810021/story.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585548
11/11/10 04:05 AM
11/11/10 04:05 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Shot+through+backyard+window/3810243/story.html

Goddamn. Shot through his own window. Taken to hospital, declared dead on arrival. Vito must be reeling.
The comments of his neighbours are in a way poignant, with none expressing real surprise. Still, he was definitely in the life. I dont know, but for me, this says way more then even the death of even his son did. Vito gets out reasonably soon. Will he get it too?

If it is Calabrians behind these attacks, i wonder if Nick lived to ponder the irony of being deposed by them.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 11/11/10 04:20 AM.

(cough.)
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #585550
11/11/10 05:37 AM
11/11/10 05:37 AM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
So much for the Sixth Family heh? Nicolo was what itsall about, i actually feel sorry for Vito. Hes in prison, lost his son, his dad and close friends. He may even loose it in the prison, its a clear message to him. Stay the fuck away, its a relief that they dont target woman and "civillians".

Could it be that behind the hit is Joseph Ducarme? He was a suspect in the killing of Vito's son, so sources say the Rizzutos retaliated by hitting Ducarme a couple of months ago but failed, he had escaped unharmed. So the hit of Nicolo Rizzuto could be another message from the rising criminal in Montreal, Joseph Ducarme?

Last edited by Mukremin; 11/11/10 06:10 AM.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585572
11/11/10 05:07 PM
11/11/10 05:07 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
And just two days ago I posted this message at another topic:

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
One of the theories are that Paolo Violi's sons are behind it. If that's the case, I'm wondering why they still haven't yet killed Nick Rizzuto Sr. as part of their revenge. That would be a major symbolic blow for the Rizzutos

... I'm shocked. At least for me, the theory above is now the most likely. Why else would they kill this elderly man who was already mostly retired and probably no longer posted a threat. This is just sick.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #585574
11/11/10 06:15 PM
11/11/10 06:15 PM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
It is sick indeed, just to kill a man for a symbolic reason

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585576
11/11/10 08:44 PM
11/11/10 08:44 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Here is another very interesting article in which journalist Adrian Humphreys, author of the Sixth family, answers a lot of questions about what's going on with the Rizzutos.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/11/11/q-a-the-death-of-montreal-mafia-boss-nicolo-rizzuto/

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #585577
11/11/10 08:58 PM
11/11/10 08:58 PM
Mukremin Offline OP
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline OP
Underboss
interesting article, but still there isnt any clue on who was behind it. 2 possibilities. 1 are the other street gangs fighting for control of the montreal underworld, the other one is the calabrian faction acting in revenge of the previeus murders decades ago. So that would be called a Sicillian/Calabrian struggle. One thing is for sure, the Sicillian clan Rizzutos are loosing

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585580
11/11/10 10:03 PM
11/11/10 10:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
interesting article, but still there isnt any clue on who was behind it. 2 possibilities. 1 are the other street gangs fighting for control of the montreal underworld, the other one is the calabrian faction acting in revenge of the previeus murders decades ago. So that would be called a Sicillian/Calabrian struggle. One thing is for sure, the Sicillian clan Rizzutos are loosing

I think many are making the mistake that it has to be one possibility or the other. Seems to me like both are likely, to one extent or another.

We've seen through video footage and arrests that street gang members have been behind at least some of the cafe fire bombings. But the strategic way several high profile Rizzuto members have been eliminated suggests that a more "organized" effort is behind much of this. And it may be that other OC elements are using the gangs for some things or it may be that both groups are going after the what's left of the Rizzuto establishment separately, each trying to fill the void.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585630
11/12/10 03:48 PM
11/12/10 03:48 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
See in my opinion the hits have been way too brutally efficient for a street gang. Sure enough the street gangs have struck in their own way for their own reasons, but the series of text-book mob hits on Sixth Family leaders, soldiers & key associates smacks of Zip ruthlessness. We all know they dont f**k around in Italy, & as valid as any other's right now is the Calabrian theory, that is, Ndrina long established across Canada supporting a key group of treacherous Sicilian's who have decided Nick & Vito have spent long enough as Montreal First family. The first article below lends weight with the comment -
"The Rizzutos angered a lot of people when they tried to come into Toronto. They angered people in New York for failing to bow down to New York. The opportunity to avenge the Violis was irresistible,” said Lee Lamothe.

As does a quote from links above, that "An initial theory that Montreal street gangs were flexing their muscles is now largely discredited". Though i definitely agree they've made moves of their own, i dont see them linked linked with these latest murders.

But hey, its all up in the air right now innit?

I agree with Ivy in the sense that it seems likely that several underworld factions have decided to try for a bigger slice of the action with Vito gone, creating this maelstrom for the Rizzuto's. I almost went on to say,like that cop in the other article, that the Family was "finished". Really though, despite their recent tragedies & the subsequent "brain drain", there are still numerous others loyal to Vito, & even on the day Nick was killed, the Family is linked to multi-million extortion rackets in Quebec's construction industry. For estimates of Family size, "Sixth Family" is a great reference.
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/show...0252/story.html http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Bill+targets+organized+crime/3810298/story.html

The following article echoes my earlier posts, juxtaposing the strike against the Violi brothers so long ago with Rizzuto's own murder decades later. I agree there are similarities, & like i said, a certain irony abounds in the Calabrian theory.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nati...article1795996/

A similar article, this one by Arian Humphreys;
http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/11/12/rise-of-rizzuto-family-may-be-echoed-in-their-fall/

I know it sound far fetched, but the implication is an interesting one, quoting Humphreys-
"It leads to the question of whether the Calabrian faction remembered well the sting of their loss and are only now looking to share it"

An article on the widows;
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Widow+s...5147/story.html

& even Italy giving its piece;
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/News+websites+Italy+abuzz+over+slaying+native/3816230/story.html

The murder even made a paragraph in my local rag. Kinda interesting on a side note are some of the comments being left regarding the murder, with the vast majority agreeing poetic justice has been served. These people are certainly not taken in by the "charm" & recognize the Rizzuto's for what they are; a blight on society. In truth though, these murders only clear the way for the next king-pins. Sure its sad in a way, but reap what you sow, you know? Im sure Old Nick, who made sure Violi & every last one of his brothers got it, could appreciate the ruthlessness.

One of the articles states that a child was present. If thats accurate, its a perfect example of a victim, despite assertions "they only hurt each other"

(cough.)
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #585632
11/12/10 05:37 PM
11/12/10 05:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

"It has the makings of Godfather, Part 4."

This was exactly what I thought.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #585633
11/12/10 05:38 PM
11/12/10 05:38 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
What's left of the Rizzuto's?

I have posted a chart of the members on my blog, check it out I cant post the chart up in the forum it wont display.

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 11/12/10 05:40 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #585648
11/12/10 08:21 PM
11/12/10 08:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

In hindsight, it's apparent that what really sent the Rizzuto organization into decline was Project Colisee back in 2006; where over 90 of their guys were arrested, including several of the top leaders. Looks like others smelled blood in the water and decided to hit the Rizzutos while they are weakened. Because of the violence, these killings are getting the press but it was the huge bust back in 2006 that really started all this.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Dapper_Don] #585651
11/12/10 08:59 PM
11/12/10 08:59 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
What's left of the Rizzuto's?

I have posted a chart of the members on my blog, check it out I cant post the chart up in the forum it wont display.

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't be surprised if the 90+ guys picked up back in 2006 was the bulk of the organization. As for the Rizzuto family itself....

The Rizzuto Family
The Gazette November 12, 2010

DOMENICO MANNO: Libertina's brother. One of three men to plead guilty to the 1978 murder of mob boss Paolo Violi.

LIBERTINA RIZZUTO: Nicolo's wife of nearly 65 years.

NICOLO RIZZUTO: SR. Dead. The dapper patriarch of what was once the most successful crime family in Canada was shot dead through a backyard window in his Cartierville home on Wednesday. The 86-year-old was known for his fedora hats.

VITO RIZZUTO: In prison. Nicolo's son, and the reputed head of the family business. He is serving a 10-year term in Colorado for racketeering related to the murders of three men in 1981. He took over the family business in the late 1970s. His prison release date is June 2012.

GIOVANNA CAMMALLERI: Vito's wife and mother of his three children.

PAOLO RENDA: Missing. Rizzuto family consigliere, son-in-law of Nicolo, brother-in-law of Vito. Disappeared May 20, 2010.

MARIA RIZZUTO: Nicolo's daughter, and wife of Paolo Renda. Part owner of Loreto funeral home.

EMMANUELE RAGUSA: In Prison. Associate of Vito Rizzuto with a record for drug trafficking and money laundering.

ROCCO SOLLECITO: Known as "Sauce" to his associates and a long-time Rizzuto organization member. Awaiting trial in Project Colisée.

AGOSTINO [BadWord]: Dead. Once considered a possible successor to Vito Rizzuto, he was shot dead at 66 on June 29, 2010.

FRANCESCO ARCADI: In Prison. Alleged to have taken over the Montreal operations of the Rizzuto family after Vito Rizzuto was arrested.

MORENO GALLO: Convicted of murder in 1974, he is now fighting deportation back to his native Italy.

FRANCESCO DEL BALSO: In prison. Police allege the bookmaker funnelled money through nine Montreal-area companies.

LORENZO GIODANO: In prison. Pleaded guilty to gangsterism, conspiracy and possession of the proceeds of crime.

BETTINA RIZZUTO: Vito's daughter. A practising lawyer.

LEONARDO RIZZUTO: Vito's son. Also a practising lawyer.

NICK RIZZUTO: Dead. Eldest of Vito's three children. He was shot to death on Dec. 28, 2009.

CALOGERO RENDA: Son of Paolo Renda and Maria Rizzuto.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Rizzuto+Family/3819424/story.html#ixzz1565nWJC5

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: IvyLeague] #585652
11/12/10 09:08 PM
11/12/10 09:08 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

There's some discussion going on in another forum about the D'Amico family from Granby in Quebec. They are said to be involved in the international drug trade and have strong links to the 'Ndrangheta in Italy and to Calabrian gangsters in Canada, as well as to local biker and street gangs.

It seems there has been some tension between them and the Rizzutos in the past, starting with a $900,000 debt that the Rizzutos didn't pay. One story is that the D'Amicos showed up at a Rizzuto-controlled club in a convoy of 8 luxury cars and entered the place armed.

Something to definitely keep an eye on.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: IvyLeague] #585681
11/13/10 05:12 AM
11/13/10 05:12 AM
BarrettM Online content
Underboss
BarrettM  Online Content
Underboss
"Nicolo Rizzuto, who forged the most powerful and successful criminal organization this country has known..."

Any truth to this? Or is it just a hook to pull in the readers. Will post more later, still reading.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: BarrettM] #585704
11/13/10 09:06 AM
11/13/10 09:06 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
As far as it is known they were at their height indeed the most powerful mafia organization in Canada.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: IvyLeague] #585735
11/13/10 09:08 PM
11/13/10 09:08 PM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
In hindsight, it's apparent that what really sent the Rizzuto organization into decline was Project Colisee back in 2006; where over 90 of their guys were arrested, including several of the top leaders. Looks like others smelled blood in the water and decided to hit the Rizzutos while they are weakened. Because of the violence, these killings are getting the press but it was the huge bust back in 2006 that really started all this.

Im agreeing more & more with this.

It definitely seems as if most of the prominent faces & "new blood" are either in prison or have been killed. There's more to the killings, it'll be really interesting to see what comes next, knowing as we do that new information could take weeks, months or years.

Interesting article. The family was definitely pretty well off by now anyway.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/11/13/16121826.html

(cough.)
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Sonny_Black] #585747
11/14/10 03:48 AM
11/14/10 03:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
As far as it is known they were at their height indeed the most powerful mafia organization in Canada.

Yeah, if we're talking Canada alone, I would agree with that.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #585893
11/16/10 08:48 AM
11/16/10 08:48 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
The family lay Nicolo to rest. Vito did not attend, for obvious reasons.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Mourners+pack+church+Rizzuto+funeral/3830822/story.html

A quote from a crime writer who managed to make his way in to the heavily guarded funeral, James Dubro;
“It’s fascinating. It makes the least sense to kill an 86-year-old man who is frail and has no real power and is under house arrest [because he was on probation at the time], unless it was to send a very powerful message to Vito [Rizzuto] to say ‘you’re fini’.”

(cough.)
Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #585986
11/17/10 02:10 AM
11/17/10 02:10 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yeah, the killing of Nick Rizzuto Sr. seems to be mainly for symbolic purposes.

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: IvyLeague] #585987
11/17/10 03:00 AM
11/17/10 03:00 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here's a great news video on the situation -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEs8WMNMys

Re: Nicolo Rizzuto Shot dead [Re: Mukremin] #676183
11/12/12 10:51 AM
11/12/12 10:51 AM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
I can't wait till everything comes out and we all know the truth.it'll prolly b years from now but still.I wouldn't b surprised if most peoples assumptions were wrong?

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Suspects in the murder? [Re: tommykarate] #726162
07/13/13 12:53 PM
07/13/13 12:53 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
The poster cdn_wiseguy made a post (http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...6107#Post726107) in which he or she linked to a Toronto Star article that has new information about some who have been investigated in relation to Nick Rizzuto Sr.'s murder.

I'm going to post excerpts from at least two articles in this thread.

Excerpts from the article to which cdn_wiseguy linked:

Slaying of hitman and his friend has expert wondering if Montreal’s Mafia war is coming to Toronto

By: Peter Edwards Crime, Jennifer Pagliaro News reporter
Toronto Star
Published on Sat Jul 13 2013

Salvatore (Sam) Calautti, 40, seldom travelled alone or without a gun — a sensible precaution for a man suspected in at least five unsolved gangland hits, including the slaying of Nicolo (Uncle Nick) Rizzuto Sr., father of Montreal Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto.

But neither his gun nor his associates saved the longtime GTA hitman Friday morning when he was shot dead in his BMW X6 after attending the stag of a local bookie at the Terrace Banquet Centre in Vaughan that was attended by 500 guests, 100 of whom were there at the time of the shooting.

His longtime associate, James Tusek, 35, was also slain.

The double gangland hits have investigators wondering if the Montreal Mafia wars have moved to Toronto. “It could be the beginning of a new front of struggle in the Montreal war,” said Antonio Nicaso, an author and expert on international organized crime, who has lectured police forces in several countries. He noted that two men connected to the mob war were murdered in Sicily in April.

“After Italy, Ontario may also be involved in the showdown,” he said.

Vito Rizzuto’s underworld enemies in Ontario are believed to have conspired with some Montreal mobsters in a war in that city that led to the murder of Rizzuto’s father, eldest son, brother-in-law and several of his closest associates.

The Star has learned Calautti was investigated in the unsolved November 2010 murder of Rizzuto Sr., who was shot dead by a sniper while standing with his wife in the kitchen of his Montreal mansion. Police saw one of Calautti’s longtime associates in Montreal the day after the Nick Rizzuto Sr. murder: “You have to consider the presence of these people at the time of the murder,” a police investigator said.

[snip]

The police sources noted that there is extreme tension between Rizzuto’s crime group, which has Sicilian roots, and many GTA mobsters, whose roots are in the Calabrian ‘Ndrangheta.

[snip]

Even before the Nick Rizzuto Sr. murder, Calautti had long and often tense relations with the Montreal-based Rizzuto crime family. Authorities say the Rizzuto group also has a strong and long-standing GTA presence.

Calautti was the prime suspect in Operation RIP, which investigated the 2000 slaying of Vito Rizzuto’s former right-hand man, Gaetano (Guy) Panepinto in Toronto in October 2000.

Calautti had been close friends with ‘Ndrangheta member Domenic (Mico) Napoli, a mobster who was in conflict with Panepinto over gambling territory. Napoli and his associate Antonio Oppedisano disappeared and were believed murdered in early 2000.

[snip]

The massive Montreal RCMP investigation dubbed Project Colisée found that in 2006 that Calautti ran up more than $200,000 in gambling debts to the Rizzuto crime family. After he refused to pay, that debt was believed to be assumed by a GTA mobster.

Other gambling debts run up by Calautti were considered the spark for the hostilities that led to the 2004 shooting of Louise Russo, an innocent victim in a North York sandwich shop, one of the police sources said.

Calautti owed roughly $200,000 to an online gambling operation with ties to the GTA mob and the London, Ont., Hells Angels. When Calautti refused to pay, his sponsor, Sicilian mobster Michele (Mike) Modica, was stuck with the debt. A hit team was trying to kill Modica in the California Sandwich shop when gunmen missed and paralyzed Russo....

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: antimafia] #726163
07/13/13 12:54 PM
07/13/13 12:54 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss
Daniel Renaud of La Presse has collaborated with Peter Edwards of the Toronto Star on this latest development.

Link to French-language article:

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...s-siciliens.php

Google translation:

Double murder in Toronto: the revenge of the Sicilians?
Daniel Renaud
La Presse
Published July 13, 2013 at 4:30 | Updated at 6:08

The double murder Friday morning in Vaughan could it be linked to the assassination of the patriarch of the Montreal Mafia, Nicolo Rizzuto?

Police sources have indeed told the Toronto Star that one victim, Salvatore Calautti, 40, have been on the list of potential suspects in the murder of 86-year-old godfather, shot in the kitchen November 10, 2010 under the eyes of his wife and daughter.

The gunman, who had slipped into the woods at the back of the house in the Rue Antoine-Berthelet, fired a single bullet went through a window and fatally shot the victim in the head.

According to information obtained by La Presse and the Toronto Star , an Ontario 47 years near Calautti was arrested in a department store west of Montreal in the hours that followed the murder of Nicolo Rizzuto. His arrest was the least singular, we have given sources. The man was questioned at length by police.

Between December 2009 and November 2010, the murder of Nick Rizzuto Jr., Nicolo Rizzuto and Agostino [BadWord], and removal of consigliere Paolo Renda had marked the fall of the Sicilians. Although some of these crimes were committed on the orders of local chieftains, some sources do not exclude that the green light to some of them may have come from Ontario.

Full party

Calautti was killed in the night from Thursday to yesterday when a party was in full swing in a reception room Creditstone Road, in Vaughan, a suburb of Toronto. Called for shots around 1am, police found his body and that of another person in the parking lot of the building.

According to our sources, Calautti was a man of arms who had links with several Calabrian Ontario families. He was suspected of five murders in Ontario, including that of Gaetano Panepinto, occurred in October 2000. Panepinto was a representative of the current godfather of the Montreal Mafia, Vito Rizzuto, in the Greater Toronto Area.

According to our sources, Panepinto also had strong foundations in the mafia Buffalo. At the beginning of the 2000s, Panepinto have had a dispute with the best friend for a case Calautti Territory game This friend was killed shortly after.

- With Peter Edwards, Toronto Star

Re: Suspects in the murder? [Re: Mukremin] #726171
07/13/13 01:19 PM
07/13/13 01:19 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Interesting stuff....thanks for the updates anti.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull