GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (ThePolakVet, m2w), 297 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 73 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Turnbull] #804629
09/25/14 11:51 AM
09/25/14 11:51 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Another Wonder Winner from the Land of the World's Stupidest Criminals:

A guy in a pickup gave a ride to a teenaged girl, but instead of driving her home, he turned into a forest trail and attempted to assault her. She got away and hid.

Meanwhile, this idiot couldn't find his way out of the forest trail. So what does he do? He calls the Sheriff's Department and asks for emergency assistance!! Deputy shows up, tracking the guy's cell phone, and the girl jumps out of hiding and accuses him.

Guy was arrested and couldn't make bail. Pleaded not guilty, and turned down a plea bargain at first. Was in jail for a couple of years. Finally took a plea bargain--judge sentenced him to time served in the county jail and put him on probation/counseling. A really lenient sentence around here. So, the idiot fails to make his probation visits. Goes back into jail. rolleyes

lol lol lol

It's not funny for the poor young girl, of course. But how can you not laugh at the stupidity?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #815090
11/24/14 11:34 AM
11/24/14 11:34 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
The Grand Jury's indictment or no bill announcement is expected after 4PM EST.

Last edited by olivant; 11/24/14 12:20 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #816095
11/29/14 07:21 PM
11/29/14 07:21 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #816151
11/30/14 08:40 AM
11/30/14 08:40 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: olivant

That's very interesting, Oli. Now I know the libertarians are going to scream about a slippery slope here. But I personally think that if you threaten someone on the Internet with bodily harm that you should be held accountable.

And I fully realize that 90 percent of the people making the threats are kids and/or bitter young adults living in their parents basements, but it's that ten percent that you have to look out for. If one person gets hurt after being threatened online, then the freedom of speech argument falls apart.

I mean, if you threaten someone to their face there are legal consequences. This is a whole new world we live in. Threatening someone online shouldn't be handled any differently.

My two cents.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #816825
12/03/14 09:54 AM
12/03/14 09:54 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Our local newspaper in this part of northern AZ often has stories about local or state police pulling over a driver on a minor traffic offense, then their drug sniffing dogs alert on pot, heroin or meth concealed in the cars. Often it looks like DWH (Driving While Hispanic), but just as many whites get nailed, too.

In today's paper, a middle-aged white guy was pulled over for "expired registration" (a postage-stamp-sized sticker on the license plate whose color changes from year to year); and a young white woman who "failed to signal a lane change" on an Interstate. In both cases, the K9's alerted, and the cops found felony quantities of meth and pot. I wonder what made the cops put the dogs on those cars.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #816831
12/03/14 10:07 AM
12/03/14 10:07 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
TB, reasonable suspicion is relatively undefined. It's always subject to arraignment or other pre-trial challenges by the defendant's attorney though most often unsuccessfully. Judges tend to provide law enforcement with wide reasonable suspicion latitude.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Turnbull] #816844
12/03/14 12:24 PM
12/03/14 12:24 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Our local newspaper in this part of northern AZ often has stories about local or state police pulling over a driver on a minor traffic offense, then their drug sniffing dogs alert on pot, heroin or meth concealed in the cars. Often it looks like DWH (Driving While Hispanic), but just as many whites get nailed, too.

In today's paper, a middle-aged white guy was pulled over for "expired registration" (a postage-stamp-sized sticker on the license plate whose color changes from year to year); and a young white woman who "failed to signal a lane change" on an Interstate. In both cases, the K9's alerted, and the cops found felony quantities of meth and pot. I wonder what made the cops put the dogs on those cars.

Any claim to privacy for drivers is pretty much eroded. There is a legal fiction out there which holds that driving is a privilege, not a right. With that, the police have a broad ability to conduct warrantless searches on the most specious grounds.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: dontomasso] #816954
12/03/14 09:30 PM
12/03/14 09:30 PM
Good ole USA
R
rockstar_man45 Offline
Capo
rockstar_man45  Offline
R
Capo
Good ole USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Any claim to privacy for drivers is pretty much eroded. There is a legal fiction out there which holds that driving is a privilege, not a right. With that, the police have a broad ability to conduct warrantless searches on the most specious grounds.

But should they? That sounds like an ability ripe for abuse in the hands of the wrong people. Not every cop out there does his/her job as they should.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #820003
12/20/14 03:06 PM
12/20/14 03:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #820033
12/20/14 05:14 PM
12/20/14 05:14 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Thanks go out to the media, the leftists and race hustlers that essentially pushed a narrative of "cops are hunting black children" for the last two months. You really think you can make outrageous claims like that and not have people respond. Under your worldview this guy was completely justified if cops are really the white monsters you claim they are.

Their blood is on your hands.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: LittleNicky] #820036
12/20/14 05:17 PM
12/20/14 05:17 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Thanks go out to the media, the leftists and race hustlers that essentially pushed a narrative of "cops are hunting black children" for the last two months. You really think you can make outrageous claims like that and not have people respond. Under your worldview this guy was completely justified if cops are really the white monsters you claim they are.

Their blood is on your hands.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #820083
12/21/14 04:00 AM
12/21/14 04:00 AM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
DeBlasio should step down immediately and Sharpton should be sued in civil court as an accessory to murder for inciting the "dead cops" protests and therby fueling the flame of this little ass crack pants wearing, cockeyed hat wearing,racist, gangbanger.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #820087
12/21/14 04:40 AM
12/21/14 04:40 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Al Sharpton is supporting the alleged serial rapist Bill Cosby now. I wonder if it has anything to do with his skin color?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #821302
12/31/14 08:37 AM
12/31/14 08:37 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
(CNN) -- A 29-year-old mother was fatally shot Tuesday in an Idaho Walmart when her 2-year-old son in the shopping cart grabbed a gun that was in her purse and shot her in an apparent accident, authorities said.

Detectives were investigating the scene and Walmart officials immediately shuttered the store in Hayden, said the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #821304
12/31/14 09:24 AM
12/31/14 09:24 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
That must have been advanced 2 year old.

only the unloved hate
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #823796
01/13/15 08:00 PM
01/13/15 08:00 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #823906
01/14/15 09:38 AM
01/14/15 09:38 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I guess no one told the jerkoff that you can not kill the devil.

only the unloved hate
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #824266
01/16/15 12:43 PM
01/16/15 12:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Well, it looks like SCOTUS will finally deal with the subject of same sex marriage.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/16/politics/court-gay-marriage/index.html

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: dontomasso] #824283
01/16/15 02:00 PM
01/16/15 02:00 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

whatever happened to the 4th amendement? U.S. constitution amendment iv " the right of the people to be secure in their persons,houses, papers, and affects, against unreasonable searches, and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particulary describing the place to be searched,and the persons or things to be seized"

according to the U.S. constitution, this amendment must apply to all searches, or they are not legal!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Binnie_Coll] #824288
01/16/15 02:17 PM
01/16/15 02:17 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

whatever happened to the 4th amendement? U.S. constitution amendment iv " the right of the people to be secure in their persons,houses, papers, and affects, against unreasonable searches, and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particulary describing the place to be searched,and the persons or things to be seized"

according to the U.S. constitution, this amendment must apply to all searches, or they are not legal!

Cops will use you being pulled over as an opportunity for a bigger bust like drugs or weapons and sometimes a civil forfeiture. If you are pulled over and they cop says "I smell marijuana", that is probable cause to search your car regardless if you have drugs on you or not.

If they have no probable cause for a K9 unit or if you refuse a search and if nothing illegal is in plain sight, it is an illegal search and seizure. Anything they find should not hold up in court.

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/16/15 02:19 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #824291
01/16/15 02:31 PM
01/16/15 02:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
the dude abides 87, I think what you are saying is if a cop says," I smell pot" he has a reason to search your car. again, according to amendment 4 of the US constitution that is not a legal search.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #824292
01/16/15 02:38 PM
01/16/15 02:38 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: olivant
Well, it looks like SCOTUS will finally deal with the subject of same sex marriage.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/16/politics/court-gay-marriage/index.html

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

They will more than likely remove the State bans.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Binnie_Coll] #824295
01/16/15 02:53 PM
01/16/15 02:53 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
the dude abides 87, I think what you are saying is if a cop says," I smell pot" he has a reason to search your car. again, according to amendment 4 of the US constitution that is not a legal search.

Yeah that is what I meant. If a cop says "I smell marijuana" they have probable cause to search your car.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Since marijuana is illegal if a cop smells it or sees a joint or a roach. Legally they have the right to search the car.

If you had red or glossy eyes they have the right to do a field sobriety test but not to search you car

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 01/16/15 02:57 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: thedudeabides87] #824300
01/16/15 03:24 PM
01/16/15 03:24 PM
P
PKDickman Offline
Button
PKDickman  Offline
P
Button
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

If they have no probable cause for a K9 unit or if you refuse a search and if nothing illegal is in plain sight, it is an illegal search and seizure. Anything they find should not hold up in court.

That's not entirely true.
A dog sniffing your car from the outside requires no probable cause greater than a legitimate traffic stop.
It only becomes unreasonable if it materially lengthens the duration of the stop i.e. you have to stand around cooling your heels waiting for the dog to get there.
Illinois v Caballes

If that dog's training is up to snuff, the dog's alert is sufficient probable cause to rummage through your vehicle.

Florida v Harris

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Moe_Tilden] #824313
01/16/15 04:43 PM
01/16/15 04:43 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Al Sharpton is supporting the alleged serial rapist Bill Cosby now. I wonder if it has anything to do with his skin color?

if true about bill cosby, he should be handed over to he kkk

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: PKDickman] #824330
01/16/15 05:56 PM
01/16/15 05:56 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: PKDickman

A dog sniffing your car from the outside requires no probable cause greater than a legitimate traffic stop.
It only becomes unreasonable if it materially lengthens the duration of the stop i.e. you have to stand around cooling your heels waiting for the dog to get there.
Illinois v Caballes

If that dog's training is up to snuff, the dog's alert is sufficient probable cause to rummage through your vehicle.

Florida v Harris

Thank you for correcting me. That would explain why you see dogs at immigration and DUI checkpoints. I guess what it comes down to is, if they do not have probable cause what is an unreasonable amout of time

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #824332
01/16/15 06:13 PM
01/16/15 06:13 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Kirk Douglas was accused of raping Natalie wood when she first got into acting.

Bill Clinton was accused of rape many times and he is still loved by the left and the national organization of women why is that

only the unloved hate
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: thedudeabides87] #824334
01/16/15 06:26 PM
01/16/15 06:26 PM
P
PKDickman Offline
Button
PKDickman  Offline
P
Button
Originally Posted By: PKDickman

Illinois v Caballes

Florida v Harris

Thank you for correcting me. That would explain why you see dogs at immigration and DUI checkpoints. I guess what it comes down to is, if they do not have probable cause what is an unreasonable amout of time

There is a separate Supreme Court case for checkpoints. Indiana v somebody or other.

I'm not a lawyer or anything. I looked this up about a year ago to win an argument.
I'm not sure on the time limit, but I imagine it's different if you're trying to beat a speeding ticket or get a trunk full of weed excluded.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #824339
01/16/15 07:06 PM
01/16/15 07:06 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
well then, I honestly believe that when Richard Nixon started his "war on drugs" in 1970. since then we have little by little lost some of our constitutional rights.

and I don't believe using dogs is a constitutional process. but, it makes no difference what we believe, they do it anyway, George bush is quoted as saying, "the constitution is a piece of paper" and most cops don't even know anything about the constitution.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Binnie_Coll] #824341
01/16/15 07:10 PM
01/16/15 07:10 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
and most cops don't even know anything about the constitution.

That makes them no different than ninety percent of American citizens wink.

Page 70 of 73 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull