GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 291 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,597
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 73 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #703869
03/18/13 03:30 PM
03/18/13 03:30 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Here goes: The Black kid is very lucky that his co-defendant was White. If it were two Black kids who raped a White girl, they would have found a way to charge them as adults and given them whatever the max allowed.

Oh, so right on that! But I think they didn't feel that they raped her. Like Bill Clinton said- I did Not have sexual relation with that girl.
It was digital insertion, so they figure that was not rape.

FATHERSON you think that's funny?

Does it sound funny to you?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #703875
03/18/13 03:53 PM
03/18/13 03:53 PM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
Hey dick exactly, but you have to think a liitle bit no?

Only the unloved hate
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: fathersson] #703876
03/18/13 04:14 PM
03/18/13 04:14 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Here goes: The Black kid is very lucky that his co-defendant was White. If it were two Black kids who raped a White girl, they would have found a way to charge them as adults and given them whatever the max allowed.

Oh, so right on that! But I think they didn't feel that they raped her. Like Bill Clinton said- I did Not have sexual relation with that girl.
It was digital insertion, so they figure that was not rape.

FATHERSON you think that's funny?

Does it sound funny to you?

Not gonna even respond say whatever you want your in the incrowd lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #703882
03/18/13 04:52 PM
03/18/13 04:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Their acts were heinous and they are criminals, not "nice boys" that had a few and got "carried away". They treated that girl like an inanimate object. These two obviously have some serious issues. Maybe they're gay and trying to cover it up by acting this way, which is why they didn't try penile penetration.

Either that, or they felt privileged for being star athletes in an area of the country where local football is king, and thought they could get away with anything. Either way, I hope they rot in jail until they're 21, which is possible.

I am disgusted by those who have any sympathy for these bullies. Yes, we can physically abuse a passed out teenager, but we'll cry like 5 year old girls when the big bad judge tells us we're guilty.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Sicilian Babe] #703887
03/18/13 04:59 PM
03/18/13 04:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
I'm in total agreement. I also am completely supportive of the State's Attorney General's convening of a grand jury to go after (and I mean go after) anyone else associated with these punks and what they did. I hope to God that the victim's parents initiate civil suits against the parents of these punks. They need at least to be compelled to testify about how they raised these pieces of crap. I also wish they could find a basis for a federal civil rights violation in such cases. That would take it to an entirely different level.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #703951
03/18/13 10:22 PM
03/18/13 10:22 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
It's possible that the most serious sentences imposed from this horrible act will be on those that may have attempted to cover it up or obstruct justice.

Most prosecutors and defense attorneys would agree that sexual assault is the most under-reported crime, as well as the crime that results in most convictions of the innocent. The cases touch upon deeper emotions than most murder cases, and are difficult to litigate.

The reporting of the story is a bit unusual in that it involved minor defendants in a juvenile proceeding. Yet the names of the defendants were widely reported among the national media. It was also extremely unusual to have cameras in a juvenile proceeding as the adjudications (they're not trials) are sealed.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #703957
03/18/13 10:59 PM
03/18/13 10:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
You know Kly, I wondered about the cameras in the courtroom also. I guess Ohio law allows it.

By the way Kly, in another post I asked if the grants of immunity to witnesses can be set aside to pursue prosecution.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #703960
03/18/13 11:08 PM
03/18/13 11:08 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: olivant
You know Kly, I wondered about the cameras in the courtroom also. I guess Ohio law allows it.

By the way Kly, in another post I asked if the grants of immunity to witnesses can be set aside to pursue prosecution.

No. If immunity had been given to witnesses for their testimony, and that testimony or cooperation was rendered, then that immunity remains until the end of time. I'm sure the understanding of the terms of immunity were reduced to writing. It usually describes immunity associated with all sets of facts associated with the alleged criminal acts of xx/xx/xxxx between A and B, etc.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704318
03/20/13 05:24 AM
03/20/13 05:24 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Pontiac — The daughter of 75-year-old Sandra Layne said her mother "got what she deserved" minutes after a jury convicted her of second-degree murder in the shooting death of her 17-year-old grandson.

Jennifer Hoffman, the mother of Jonathan Hoffman, who died after Layne shot him six times, called her mother "a monster."

"I know my son is in heaven and that is a place she will never see," Jennifer Hoffman said.

After eight hours of deliberations over two days, an Oakland County Circuit Court jury of seven women and five men found the West Bloomfield grandmother guilty of second-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

As the guilty verdicts were read, Layne rocked back and forth in her chair and began sobbing as her attorney attempted to comfort her.

Other members of her family, including her 87-year-old husband, Fred, clutched one another and wept.

Chief assistant prosecutor Paul Walton tilted his head back in apparent relief.

And Michael and Jennifer Hoffman, the divorced parents of the victim, smiled at one another across an aisle.

Outside the courtroom Michael Hoffman said, "I'm thrilled."

A dazed Layne was led back to jail by a half-dozen deputies. She will be sentenced April 8.

Under sentencing guidelines she is expected to be sentenced to a minimum of 12 years for second-degree murder and must serve a separate mandatory two-year sentence for the firearms conviction.

A 14-year sentence means she would be nearly 90 years old before she would be released from prison.

Grandmother kills Grandson

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704320
03/20/13 05:37 AM
03/20/13 05:37 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
How fortunate that the man was not sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit. whistle

David Ranta Story

Quote:
In the wintry darkness 23 years ago on a back street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, a jewelry thief fleeing a botched robbery panicked and shot a Hasidic rabbi in the head.

Four days later, the rabbi, Chaskel Werzberger, an Auschwitz survivor, died of his wounds. Even in the New York City of 1990, as homicides crested at 2,245, the murder stirred grief and outrage...Forty detectives worked the case, soon led by the swaggering, cigar-chewing Detective Louis Scarcella. Working closely with an influential Satmar rabbi, Detective Scarcella arrested a drug-addicted, unemployed printer named David Ranta. Hasidic Jews surrounded the car that carried the accused man to jail, slapping the roof and chanting, “Death penalty!”

Mr. Ranta was convicted in May 1991 and sentenced to 37.5 years in maximum-security prison, where he remains to this day.

He is almost certainly not guilty.
Mr. Ranta could walk free as early as Thursday. In the decades since a jury convicted him of murder, nearly every piece of evidence in this case has fallen away. A key witness told The New York Times that a detective instructed him to select Mr. Ranta in the lineup. A convicted rapist told the district attorney that he falsely implicated Mr. Ranta in hopes of cutting a deal for himself. A woman has signed an affidavit saying she too lied about Mr. Ranta’s involvement.

Detective Scarcella and his partner, Stephen Chmil, according to investigators and legal documents, broke rule after rule... At trial, prosecutors acknowledged the detectives had misbehaved but depicted them as likable scamps...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704347
03/20/13 11:34 AM
03/20/13 11:34 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Perhaps Detective Scarcella and the DA could complete the term of Mr. Ranta. It is impossible to compensate an innocent man adequately for spending 20+ years in a prison.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #704351
03/20/13 11:49 AM
03/20/13 11:49 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Perhaps Detective Scarcella and the DA could complete the term of Mr. Ranta. It is impossible to compensate an innocent man adequately for spending 20+ years in a prison.

This women DA that subepeanaed me to a case the past month I over hear her saying that shes under investigation for using too many cops in their cases. If you want justice..you know what to do

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704724
03/21/13 01:50 PM
03/21/13 01:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Kly,
I just read of an 8 person jury in a federal district court. That's quite a departure from the usual 12. Your comments.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704763
03/21/13 03:28 PM
03/21/13 03:28 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Kly,
I just read of an 8 person jury in a federal district court. That's quite a departure from the usual 12. Your comments.

There are some jurisdictions that use 6 member juries, which is crazy. Some 5-4Supreme Court decisions approved 6 member juries, but found 5 member panels to violate the VI Amendment. There was even a state that had a 6 member jury panel and allowed convictions on 5-1 votes. That was found to be unconstitutional although a few states permit non-unanimous convictions from 12 member panels.

I'm not in favor of any jury with fewer than twelve, which has served humanity for almost 700 years. Twelve member juries were the only type our founding fathers knew, and there is basically nothing to suggest they considered anything else. So the decisions upholding 6 and 8 member panels would reflect that type of judicial activism that the original intent school condemns. Just another example that so called judicial activism isn't limited to liberal agendas.

The bottom line is that some states see the smaller juries as making it easier to convict as it takes only one to hang the jury. Some argued that individual jurors feel more comfortable to share thoughts among 8 rather than 10. I don't buy that at all.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704793
03/21/13 04:46 PM
03/21/13 04:46 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Thanks Kly. But I am surprised that a
federal court would use less than 12.

Last edited by olivant; 03/21/13 04:46 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #704808
03/21/13 05:38 PM
03/21/13 05:38 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
They charged a doctor in philly who does late term abortions with 7 counts of first degree murder.

Check out this article on what he did. I hope they hang this prick.

Warning : Very graphic photo's

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/abortionist-joked-baby-big-enough-walk-around-me-or-walk-me-bus-stop

On top of it all this creep doctor saved the feet of the fetus's he aborted.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201303...fetus_feet.html

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #705087
03/22/13 05:13 PM
03/22/13 05:13 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Thanks Kly. But I am surprised that a
federal court would use less than 12.

In federal criminal cases you may have 8 if the parties consent. In civil trials it's not unusual for juries to have six jurors.

The Federal Rules of Civil (and Criminal) Procedure are uniform among the districts, but there is a provision that allows the individual districts to promulgate their own Local Rules. They can't infringe on substantive rights or conflict with the spirit of the Federal Rules, so they are usually limited to procedural and filing requirements. From time to time the Committee overseeing the Rules survey all the districts , classify the Local Rules by subject matter, contrast them and offer suggestions on whether the rules should be withdrawn, modified or maintained.

Years ago I worked on such a project, but the only area I researched involved eminent domain proceedings in federal court.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #705146
03/22/13 08:04 PM
03/22/13 08:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Kly, thanks for that post. I'll incorporate that info into my lectures. Apparently, there is so much justice knowledge of which the public has little or no knowledge.

However, I can't see that a defendant would want to take a chance with just 8 jurors.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #705190
03/23/13 12:40 AM
03/23/13 12:40 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Civil Procedure is a fascinating study, oli. I didn't realize it during my first year in law school.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #706738
03/28/13 01:36 PM
03/28/13 01:36 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
So any thoughts from the local legal buffs on SCOTUS arguments on DOMA and Prop 8?

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #706744
03/28/13 02:07 PM
03/28/13 02:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
I don't find the application in these cases of the equal protection provision of the 14th amendment persuasive.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #707329
03/31/13 12:53 AM
03/31/13 12:53 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
(CNN) -- A Texas county district attorney and his wife were found dead in their home Saturday night, two months after a county prosecutor [in the same office] was gunned down.

The Kaufman County Sheriff's Office is in the preliminary stages of investigating the slaying of Mike McLelland and his wife, according to Justin Lewis of the sheriff's office.

Lewis said he did not know if the deaths Saturday were connected to the killing of Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse, who was shot and killed on his way to work in January.

According to the DA's office website, McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, had two daughters and three sons. One son is a Dallas police officer.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #707932
04/02/13 07:04 PM
04/02/13 07:04 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/jay-hileman-texas-aryan-brotherhood_n_3002012.html

A federal prosecutor has reportedly left a case involving members of the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas citing "security concerns."

The Dallas Morning News reports that Houston-based assistant U.S. attorney Jay Hileman told defense lawyer Richard O. Ely II that he was withdrawing in an email.

Ely is representing one of the defendants in the case, which involves racketeering charges.

Houston defense attorney Katherine Scardino also received the email from Hileman, according to Talking Points Memo.

"He sent the email to every lawyer representing a defendant in the Aryan Brotherhood federal case, and he said -- very short email -- that he was withdrawing for security reasons," Scardino told TPM...

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #708042
04/03/13 08:49 AM
04/03/13 08:49 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
What happened to that Texas bravado and those Texan law and order nuts, who like to show the liberals how to deal with crime? It's a myth. Seems like when the going gets tough, the Texan prosecutor curls into a ball and sucks his thumb.

I have never seen a prosecutor withdraw from a case because he was scared before.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #708044
04/03/13 09:03 AM
04/03/13 09:03 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: klydon1] #708066
04/03/13 11:45 AM
04/03/13 11:45 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
What happened to that Texas bravado and those Texan law and order nuts, who like to show the liberals how to deal with crime? It's a myth. Seems like when the going gets tough, the Texan prosecutor curls into a ball and sucks his thumb.

I have never seen a prosecutor withdraw from a case because he was scared before.

Hey, be easy Kly. There's plenty of us down here to take up the slack.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #708111
04/03/13 02:46 PM
04/03/13 02:46 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Hey, be easy Kly. There's plenty of us down here to take up the slack.

Texas would be well served to listen to its transplanted western Pennsylvanians. wink

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #708120
04/03/13 04:14 PM
04/03/13 04:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
WILLIAMSON, W.Va. (AP) — A sheriff known for cracking down on the drug trade in southern West Virginia's coalfields was fatally shot Wednesday in the spot where he usually parked his car for lunch, a state official said, and a suspect was in custody.

State Police told Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin that Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum died of his wounds, said his chief of staff Rob Alsop. The suspect, who was also shot, was taken to a hospital in Logan, Alsop said.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #708652
04/05/13 09:17 PM
04/05/13 09:17 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Wesley Snipes has been released from prison and placed under home confinement to serve out the remainder of his sentence for tax evasion.

The "Blade" star, who was convicted in 2008 for failing to file tax returns, lost an appeal for a retrial in 2010 and began serving his three-year punishment at the minimum security McKean Federal Correctional Institution in Pennsylvania in December that year.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #709014
04/07/13 01:40 PM
04/07/13 01:40 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Kly, since all witnesses are subject to recall, prior to jury deliberations, are all witnesses excluded from the courtroom before and after testifying?

Page 42 of 73 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull