GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 263 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,343
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. #581718
09/27/10 06:40 PM
09/27/10 06:40 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Please read this thread from start to finish, and then reply if you give a damn: (and welcome to all the oldtimers who got my PM - but please save us the "Yooohoo I'm back" and read this thread and respond to it, if you still want to enjoy this place)

It's no secret this forum is dying. I've always been on and off and haven't posted much lately, but for years it was always a place full of life and activity to come back to. When JG said a couple months ago that he'll be here to see this forum's funeral, he wasn't joking. And I'm posting this thread because I want to stop it from happening. And I need your help.

We're almost in October, and the last 10 threads on this section's first page are from August (in other sections they even go back to June or May). Yeah there will always be a few guys around to say something in the weather or "random post" threads, and always a couple of threads in the GF section, and a couple of news related threads....but overall this isn't even fifth of what used to be around here. And it will only be less and less from now on....unless we stop it.

I know that with a monster like Facebook, message boards are not what they used to be, but we still got enough people visiting this place everyday. And Facebook is hardly the place for great thread-discussions. It's more about posting a funny status, or uploading pics or commenting on such pics for most people. So this place is still worth saving.

The solution is simple: we need to talk. We need new threads. It is a must. We can't go on and on with just "random obama", "random postin", "news from the neck" and "how's the weather" threads. And EVERYONE needs to post new threads. If we sit around waiting for someone else to start discussions, then nothing will change. There will be less and less threads, and as a result less and less members wishing to even bother and visit this place, because there's nothing new to look at.

All I'm saying is let's try and kick some life. Let's take action. I ask each and every one of us to try and post 2 new threads every week. 1 in "general discussion" and 1 in another section of your choosing.

There's plenty to talk about, almost anything you want, especially in this section when anything goes. You don't have to write a term paper assignment to start a discussion, just talk about something you like or that interests you and ask the others about it. Trust me, the most interesting discussions often come out of the most basic topics. You just got to open the gate and all the goods will flow in.

I'm not saying to start a thread just to say : "I like Disney World, let's talk about Disney World" but instead try and give more details, ask others, try and make it interesting, which rides you liked the most, what you didn't like, compare it to Disneyland if you've been there as well, etc. All I'm saying is pick a topic and go from there. Let's make it 2 threads per person each week, and see if my plan is working.

The real problem around here, is that we don't even bother to post new threads, except for news items, when someone decides to copy and paste a story from yahoo or msn and we take it from there. It's better than nothing, but it's not enough.
The movie "Avatar" came out a few months ago. It's already part of cinema history whether you liked it or not, and despite the fact that most members here are lovers of cinema, noone started a thread to discuss this movie, and I think it deserves its own thread. And what about the NBA finals? Lakers vs. Celtics, no less. And yet not a single thread, despite the fact that 5 or 6 guys I know around here would've posted in such thread for sure, if only someone started it. And it's my fault too, for being so lazy.

And now, for those of you who think I'm crossing the lines, and that my choice of action is wrong, then let me tell you that the alternative of keeping things the way they are is much worse. I'm not worried about future useless threads, because I know that most members here have great minds, and they only need the opportunity to show it. And even if there will be a few useless threads here and there (alongside the good ones), then it's still better than the current situation.

And there will be no police. I'm not gonna chase after people saying stuff like "hey you didn't post your threads this week" (tho it might be fun) but no, you don't do this for me, you do this for you and everyone else, so just post new threads and play along with my plan, and I'm sure we'll all enjoy the result.

That's my offer. I've responded to old PM's I sent a while ago to bring back the oldtimers, and I gave them a link to this thread, because I want them to read this as well.

Anyone here wishing to join my plan and (try to) post a couple of threads every week? please post to say if you're in. Add your name to this list (again, no police or anything; it's totally up to you if you post or not, but please add your name to encourage the other members to try it out. Here's the list thus far:

Fame

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581721
09/27/10 07:14 PM
09/27/10 07:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I for one would like to see threads that are specific to topics we usually post in the random thread such as Crime or 2010 Congressional Elections. I guess I could start them, but I figure that many members like posting comments in a general type thread.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: olivant] #581724
09/27/10 07:28 PM
09/27/10 07:28 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
That's the problem with these type of general threads. They are good to maintain everyday chat, but a lot of interesting topics get lost there very quickly because you simply move on to the next story. And where does it stop really? will we have "general music thread" soon, and later "general general thread" where we only have one thread to discuss everything, because why bother and open new threads? I hate to say it, but despite the "whoring" theme, these threads are not as sexy as they used to be.

We need to refresh. I think you should feel free to start discussions on whatever interests you. As long as you're not attacking any members, I don't see how any of your threads will be harmful.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581727
09/27/10 08:40 PM
09/27/10 08:40 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I know I'm not on here like I use to be. It will be a damn shame if this site dies out. This is a great place to meet people and make friends. I really miss not having the BB Weekends anymore. I would look forward to those weekends where I can get away and see the great people from the BB and intoduce my family to you guys.

We need to bring back the people who left. Don Cardi, Don Smitty etc.

Thanks Fame for bringing this up. LETS MAKE THE BB AS FUN AS IT USE TO BE!!!!!!!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Mignon] #581728
09/27/10 08:50 PM
09/27/10 08:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
You must keep in mind that there is a certain economy associated with general topic type threads. They allow a member to range over a number of topics without having to surf from one thread to another. We already have so many threads that it approaches a labor to cover even just severalof them. I think we could afford a few more grouping type threads such as the ones I suggested above.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: olivant] #581733
09/27/10 09:41 PM
09/27/10 09:41 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Hey Fame, how are you doing?

I must admit there are times that I miss topics of interest to me that I'll see later in the "Random" thread or sometimes "News in your area" thread. Some would have warranted, I think, their own thread. By that I mean, topics that I think many of us would reply to.

I'm open to anything legal. grin

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #581738
09/28/10 01:25 AM
09/28/10 01:25 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I must congratulate Fame on being the BB's PR department. wink Unfortunately, though, Fame, many of your PMs to the old timers didn't reach them as their email addresses are no longer valid (I know this because I get all the returned email errors whistle ). I don't know how many you sent out, but at least 13 were no longer valid.

You're right, though. Even as the forum format slowly dies out to more immediate social interactive sites, there is still value here, and I'm glad you're (again) reminding us of that!

I'll address this more later....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: J Geoff] #581739
09/28/10 04:07 AM
09/28/10 04:07 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Ciao a tutti!
even if I am not writing since a long long time, the BBs still have a special place in my heart. Life changes and things change. Most of all, time is never enogh. But please believe my affection for this place will never change. This place is special. You, Geoff, are special. Many BBs are special. So, Fame, count me in. I'm here.

...and I have great news....there's a good possibility I'll come visit NYC in april 2012. It's a dream come true. It's something I've been waiting for so long. I know it's a long long time to go, but to me it just makes it even more special. Can't tell you how much excited I am....:-) I don't need to tell you I'll be more than happy to meet all the people I can!!! What about a BB's dinner??? Wouldn't it be great???? :-)

Love as ever,
your Italian friend
Lavi

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Lavinia from Italy] #581740
09/28/10 04:57 AM
09/28/10 04:57 AM
Earth
goodfellaoggie Offline
goodfellaoggie  Offline

Earth
Thanks for the PM Fame. Gangster BB is still bookmarked on my browser. smile but i admit i only visit the site once i a while and not posting unlike before that this is part of our everyday lives. its sad that the forum is dying. frown

hoping old timers will come back to keep the ball rolling.

keep'em coming!

Life Goes On

"What're You Gonna Do Now, Tough Guy?"
The Notorious Phrase that Would'nt Go Away.
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: goodfellaoggie] #581746
09/28/10 09:00 AM
09/28/10 09:00 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I don't get here as much as i would like but i still love it. Who else would come bottom of all the Fantasy leagues if i wasn't here tongue

Good idea though Fame!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: goodfellaoggie] #581753
09/28/10 09:31 AM
09/28/10 09:31 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
While it's a gallant effort on Fame's part I am not sure how much one can rely on 'Old Timers' to keep the Board fresh & active. Especially when asking for two new threads per week. I have had several 'old timers' ... one of them a moderator, no less... tell me in PMs (or elsewhere) that they rarely even visit the BB anymore because it's not 'the same' as it used to be. Plus I agree w/ olivant about just too many threads/forums.

What you mostly have here is people who reply to threads that are already going. I have rarely, started a thread on my own in the 8 years as a member. But when I have, it's because of a Subject/Movie/TV show/GF Topic that interests me, not because I'm looking to come up with a topic of the week.

That said, will check in more regularly & do what I can to keep the momentum going on threads worth commenting on.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: AppleOnYa] #581758
09/28/10 09:54 AM
09/28/10 09:54 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The idea of mandating so many new threads a weeek probably won't happen. IMHO this is the best board on the internet, but with Facebook and all that goes with it, the air is being sucked out of these boards.

There are also other reasons. First, despite the greatness of the Godfather movies, there is only so much that can be said about them. I have tried to approach some new threads in that section, but it is getting hard to come up with anything original. If there is some hole in a story, the responses will predictibly be:
a) it was covered in the novel this way....
b) some suggestion will be made it was not a hole in the story and
c) it hows FFC and Puzo were sloppy.

How many ways can we say Michael was a bad guy, or discuss whether Fredo should have been killed, or that FFC's daughter was not a good actress, or that III was not as good as I and II?

In the political threads, we all pretty much know where the reulars stand on the political spectrum from right to left, and whatever the issue, the answers from those who post are predictable.

In sports, there's a tilt toward New York teams because the majority of the members come from that area. Other than threads about playoff teams, I do not see a "Go Cincinnati Reds" thread going anyplace.

If the board is revived, great. If it dies it dies, and we can all say we had a great run.

Either way it will happen naturally, and no amount of mandated posting will change it.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: AppleOnYa] #581762
09/28/10 10:03 AM
09/28/10 10:03 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Well Apple, you've got a good heart, but by just replying to existing threads, then nothing much will change around here, and people will not bother to come back, and those that are still visiting will be less and less in months to come.

I dont think there are many threads going on right now, I think you mean sections. JG can cut down half the sections we have on here, but that wont solve the problem.

And yeah Apple, I'm not naive. I knew hardly anyone would agree to post 2 threads per week, but it's better to try then not try at all. At least I got everyone's attention, from now on the cards are on the table. When you meet someone in real life you come up with topics to discuss, be it around the table when you're having dinner or on the bus with someone you know. You come up with topics, because you want to talk and not sit in silence. Here in the web world, you can simply log out and no one will know you were here, so it's easy to say that you're not here to post a weekly topic, but if everyone will wait 8 years to post a thread, then we might as well say goodbye right now. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you want to be active, but I think the keyword is 'new'.

Olivant: you're a good man, but I think those threads you suggest will only make things even worse. One of the finest threads we had here in the last six months was the Polanski thread. That thread was a FASCINATING read, a great discussion and great posts from several members. How would a thread like that be possible in the future you have in mind? instead of posting a thread to discuss it, then it will be posted in a general thread, and within 5 minutes it will be replaced by Lindsay Lohan going to jail or Paris Hilton drunk driving. So think about it.

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581772
09/28/10 01:27 PM
09/28/10 01:27 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Fame
... At least I got everyone's attention, from now on the cards are on the table. When you meet someone in real life you come up with topics to discuss, be it around the table when you're having dinner or on the bus with someone you know. You come up with topics, because you want to talk and not sit in silence.

Yes, you got everyone's attention, for now and granted, for a good reason. But good luck keeping the momentum going.

When you are with someone in person, you either make conversation or sit there in silence. Most people will naturally talk especially w/ people they know. The incentive to keep internet forums going is substantially less, because really you are looking at a computer screen. While not waiting '8 years' to post a thread, one will only post a topic that they find interesting and hope that others will respond. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. To post 2 threads (or even 1) per week just for the sake of posting probably wouldn't help in fact it may muck up the Board even more.

Originally Posted By: Fame
... One of the finest threads we had here in the last six months was the Polanski thread. That thread was a FASCINATING read, a great discussion and great posts from several members.

Yes, that WAS a good thread. It was based upon a current event. Had Polanski not been taken into custody it would not have been initiated. The NYC Mosque thread was/is another good one. Started because of a current event in the news.

I can think of MANY fascinating, excellent threads that began because of a political season, news story, whatever. But they just aren't going to emerge every day, or even every week. Several times a year is the best to hope for, life is just like that.

The useless Lohan/Hilton type threads are what come in between the big important stuff. (Although Lohan borders on serious because you are really watching a beautiful, talented young woman slowly destroy herself.)

To ask members to post new subjects JUST for the sake of posting to keep this forum alive is probably asking a bit much. I can see it just by the responses here from various 'old tiimers'. But go for it, again it is a good and worthy cause. We'll see what happens.

Things have their life cycles and while the BB may not be what if USED to be due to personalities, other venues, etc...I am sure it'll be around for a while.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: AppleOnYa] #581776
09/28/10 01:58 PM
09/28/10 01:58 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
I have had several 'old timers' ... one of them a moderator, no less... tell me in PMs (or elsewhere) that they rarely even visit the BB anymore because it's not 'the same' as it used to be.

What changed the BB that people rarely visit cuz it's not 'the same' as it use to be?

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Mignon] #581780
09/28/10 02:11 PM
09/28/10 02:11 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Fame, I applaud your effort. Although I generally don't start threads, I do peek in here pretty much on a daily basis. I usually post, but only if I feel I can add something. I would rather have quality over quantity, and that's not just with myself, but the others as well.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Sicilian Babe] #581796
09/28/10 02:41 PM
09/28/10 02:41 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Speaking only for myself, I had been away from the boards due to computer problems, that have only very recently been (mysteriously) healed.

I have been checking in a bit more lately - now that I'm not totally shackled to my local public library - and I'm always interested in reading a thread that....well, interests me.

I admit I have not started a lot of threads, but that's just me, I guess...

I, too, certainly miss the "old days" but I think everything in this life goes through a kind of "natural evolution" and perhaps this is what has happened to the BB.

I most certainly would not like to see this forum totally die off. I think it would be a shame.

But, when I do feel I have something worthwhile to say, I will say it. (Like Mr. Ed the talking horse. )

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Signor Vitelli] #581825
09/28/10 07:28 PM
09/28/10 07:28 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Well Mig, I think what changed the forum is that most of the teenagers are gone. There were many of them a few years ago, so there was a vivid mix of youngsters and adults (one of the reason this forum is such a special place, age was never an issue) but now that school is over etc, I guess they are too busy to come here, or they found new hobbies, and yeah that's life. Things are more stable with adults - look at all the members who posted in this thread and you'll see that they're all over 30, I think.

I don't think there will be many new members in the future as well. The Godfather movies will always be popular and people will always google for it and may find this place....but yeah, forums are not what they used to be.

I tried to talk about it and see if we can find a solution. The weekly threads for sure is not a nice option, but I just couldn't think of anything else. It's not just quantity I'm after, SB. 'quality over quantity' is a nice slogan, but it's not black and white. Maybe I'm not as high-minded and pure as one should be, and I guess the idealists would eat me for breakfast for suggesting the weekly threads, but I'd rather be low and base, and dare I say practical, because the quantity in this specific forum usually means quality as well. Because the people here are quality, and that's what counts. I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from many posts in this forum, and saw a lot of 'basic' threads turn into something really wonderful. So that's why I'm not afraid of it, and I believe such threads will do nothing but good in the end. I thought a little "boost" might make a difference, even for just a few weeks, but I should respect what everyone said in here and just take it easy, so no more speeches from me on that issue grin

Thanx everyone for taking the time to read and respond, and thank you for all the kind words smile

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581862
09/29/10 07:39 AM
09/29/10 07:39 AM
North East England
Joolsie Cappucetti Offline
Made Member
Joolsie Cappucetti  Offline
Made Member
North East England
Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to Fame for getting me back here, I haven't been in quite a while and it's purely because of getting a crazy job in the interim that has taken up pretty much my whole life... However it is really lovely to pop back in and to see so many familiar 'faces' smile

I appreciate the quality over quantity argument, and certainly there's no point posting just for the sake of it, but I definitely agree that forums need nurturing and a bit of gentle encouragement from time to time. Maybe even if people think that it needs to be more organic than '2 new threads a week', just encouraging us all to keep it in mind might liven things up a bit and result in more regular/more engaging posting? (I hasten to add that I don't mean the posting has been anything less than engaging, I'm just saying one can never be too interesting smile )

Either way, kudos to Fame for being so passionate about the forum, and making the effort to get in touch with those members who had not been here in a while - I think that's the sort of thing that will keep this board alive smile and it's a credit to the community that people feel so fondly and think so highly of it.

Best wishes to you all,

Joolsie x

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Joolsie Cappucetti] #581895
09/29/10 12:21 PM
09/29/10 12:21 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Joolsie, if you want to see quality over quantity, you should look at the mirror. I chose to send the PM to you as well, because I rememberd you even tho you've "only" made 170 posts. I remember you more than people with thousands of posts because every one of your posts was top quality.

Oggie was easy to write to - such a friendly fella who always looks you in the eye. It's a real shame he's not around.

And Lavinia, well all the guys here are in love with her!

Best of luck to all of you, whether you stay or not! smile

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581897
09/29/10 12:46 PM
09/29/10 12:46 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Fame, you're a good guy!!! wink I think just starting this thread is a good thing. I vaguely remember Joolsie, but how nice that he/she stopped in. People are thinking about it anyway.

As for me, I'm fairly easygoing and open to new threads. To me this site is all about fun and leisure with old friend and it's great along the way to meet new friends.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #581898
09/29/10 12:50 PM
09/29/10 12:50 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Fame, you're a good guy!!!

TIS

You haven't seen my rap sheet, have you? grin

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Fame] #581909
09/29/10 02:14 PM
09/29/10 02:14 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
You had me until you said "old" timers. I ain't old yet.

Oh who am I kidding, I'm old.

Sorry, all the new stuff on the web is SO SHINY.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Saladbar] #581956
09/30/10 01:27 AM
09/30/10 01:27 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Let a 25 year old jump in here...

I've posted new threads lately in TV/Movies, but of the 2, I have 1 reply. Discussion is slow these days or about things I have no interest in.

I used to come here every day and now it's mostly just for the fantasy football thread.

And for say Boardwalk Empire's thread, there's not a whole lot of analysis or discussion going on about a current show. Just news tidbits mostly. On another forum I visit there's so much more depth with the topics.

It seems like everyone got old and moved to Florida.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Longneck] #582083
10/01/10 05:55 PM
10/01/10 05:55 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Good job Fame. I applaud your efforts. I tend to check on the board a few times a week, great place to be..

I love reading the GF discussion section but the topics are just to in depth for me to contribute so i just stick to reading than posting in that section.. I also tend to post in the Mafia Books section of the true crime part and the odd section in GD,,It would be a great shame to see this board no longer be..

smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: DE NIRO] #582474
10/06/10 03:05 PM
10/06/10 03:05 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
It took a kick in the pants from Fame to get me back on. For a while I was unable to get on at work - at least that is my excuse.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Don Marco] #582661
10/08/10 01:25 PM
10/08/10 01:25 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
It would be nice to get "Our Gang" back together whistle

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Ice] #582705
10/08/10 11:19 PM
10/08/10 11:19 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I agree with you.

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: Mignon] #582712
10/09/10 02:21 AM
10/09/10 02:21 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline
ginaitaliangirl  Offline

Texas
Kudos on your passionate effort here, Fame!! I've thought often about how things have slowed down and people have seemingly moved away, and it's a shame. Can't really help that people's lives change, but this is still a place special to many of us - those of us who are here or who come back can certainly make it enjoyable through our friendships and our conversations.

I probably should contribute more to "deep" discussions and inspire some new topics, but I do enjoy reading what others have to say and chatting about various subjects with everyone...whenever school isn't tearing me down with assignments and lack of sleep! lol

But see, the thing is, we have exactly 6,000 threads in Gen. Discussion, so...I really can't bring myself to start a new one. wink

Re: GangsterBB: let's go back to glory days. [Re: ginaitaliangirl] #582770
10/09/10 02:29 PM
10/09/10 02:29 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
But see, the thing is, we have exactly 6,000 threads in Gen. Discussion, so...I really can't bring myself to start a new one. wink

You are so OCD, StatWoman! lol

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull