GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 339 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Exercise is the best medicine #576879
07/07/10 07:03 PM
07/07/10 07:03 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
This is one of the local sports columnists. He is not as sentimental as Albom nor is he as reflexively negative and bitter as Drew Sharp. His journey to better health is an inspiration to everyone-especially those who have or are at risk for lifestyle type diseases. There's a lot that's not under our control in life but there is so much more that is...

A trip to the gym is the best medicine

TERRY FOSTER

It was a year ago that I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and on Thursday I will mark the occasion with my annual checkup with my doctor Lisa Elconin.

I expect good news again. I have kept my A1C levels below diabetic levels for every checkup since I was diagnosed. And I do not expect the news to be any different. I have not been perfect as an eater, but I've been much better the past year than at any time in my life.

What I have done is worked my butt off in the gym at the Life Time Fitness in Commerce Township and with my trainer Melissa Borden. I am not on any medication. My medication is exercise.

The way I approach things is every trip to the gym is like taking a shot of insulin. It controls the blood sugar, keeps the body moving and makes you feel stronger and provides better endurance.

I began this blog and column to encourage men to get annual checkups. Now it has turned into a way to help people get in better shape.

If you go into the checkup with bad eating habits and poor workout routines, you know the news with the doctor will be bad. But you still need to hear the bad news and begin to deal with it.

In the past year I've dropped 35 pounds, reduced my blood pressure 30 points and shrunk my tummy and built muscle in my arms, legs and shoulders. I look different and feel different.

"Anyone can see that we've reduced your body fat and you've gained lean muscle," Borden said recently. "You are fit and athletic now. You're healthier and your diabetes is in check, which is huge. But honestly your attitude toward a healthier lifestyle and exercise has changed so much that I don't worry as much any more if you're eating right or exercising on your off days. You see the importance and not only do you walk the walk and talk the talk, but you have influenced others, which to me is so important."

You can do this, too.

I do not have the perfect body. But looking at yourself in the mirror is sort of like a report card. If you look and feel better, chances are you will get a good report from the doctor.

But my mission is much larger. I want to help people. Michigan has been ranked the 10th fattest state in the country. We need to work harder to make this a healthier place to live. Since I began this blog, I've been contacted by health experts across the country who want to help educate the public. Some of the professional athletes I cover have wanted to help, also.

That is encouraging, and I know many of you will work harder to shed pounds and make better lifestyle choices.

It is never too late to join our charge. You can read my triumphs and losses on the health and fitness blog at detnews.com. We remain in this together and I want us to continue our journey for many years to come.

You can reach Terry Foster at Terry.Foster@detnews.com">Terry.Foster@detnews.com or (313) 222-1494. You can follow him on facebook.com or twitter.com/TerryFoster971.
Additional Facts
Terry's health journey

On Jan. 1, Detroit News sports columnist Terry Foster gave up fried foods, alcohol, desserts and regular sodas for 40 days to see what it's like to stay away from vices and make a difference. Then he turned to exercise for 40 days. Foster then moved on to healthy grilling. Now, he has turned his attention to a lifetime of fitness. Want to catch up on the journey? Read his regular blog posts at detnews.com/healthfitnessblog.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Lilo] #576943
07/08/10 02:16 PM
07/08/10 02:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Very inspiring story, Lilo!

I've been an exercise maniac for most of my adult life. I have one piece of advice to give people who want to use exercise to get and stay in shape:

Your first waking thought, every single day, should be: where, when and how am I going to get in my workout? It is the most important thing in your day. It shouldn't consume your entire day, but you should plan your day around your workout. Join a gym that's closest to your home (exercise therapists urge you to find one that's ten minutes or less away), and use it every day. Or, buy a multipurpose workout machine and put it in a corner of a room at home--you'd be surpised how little space some machines take up. If you're traveling, book a hotel with a fitness center and get up earlier to do your workout. Or, inquire where you can buy a day pass at a gym. If you're a runner, don't let inclement weather deter you--buy wet weather gear. Bicyclist? Buy a stationary bike and use it if you can't bike in rain, snow or darkness.

Above all, let nothing distract you from working out. If your company has a fitness center in their building and you use it at lunchtime (as I did), don't let your co-workers tempt you into going out for lunch. Do your workout and grab a quick bite in the cafeteria afterward. So what if people think you're antisocial? You'll outlive them, and live better!

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Turnbull] #576971
07/08/10 05:25 PM
07/08/10 05:25 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I have to say that most of my life, I never bothered with exercise. I would join a gym, go for a few weeks, and never bother again. After surgery on each knee for arthritis and a weight gain of 25 lbs. after I quit smoking, I started riding a recumbent bike. I eventually got up to about 30 miles a week. I've now moved on to an elliptical. I found myself feeling much better about myself and everything else.

After my blood clots, I wasn't allowed to exercise. I was amazed at how easily I put 8 of those pounds I lost back on. I couldn't wait to get medical clearance again. I'm never going to be a tri-athlete, but I am happy with what I do. I find that I have more energy and I sleep better, too!

TB is absolutely right, though. You have to find what works for you and STICK WITH IT. It's a habit, like anything else. A gym membership didn't work for me. I like the convenience of having the machine at home. I plug in a DVD of a favorite TV show (the perfect 40 minutes) and I find that the time just flies. That's also why I like both the bike and the elliptical - they're quiet and I can watch TV while I work out, which is a great distraction for me. Lots of people tell me they need to leave their houses to work out, or they get distracted by laundry or paying the bills. To each his own, but once you find what works, don't give up.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Sicilian Babe] #576977
07/08/10 07:29 PM
07/08/10 07:29 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
2 years ago I lost 65lbs by dieting and walking everyday 2-4 miles. I had more energy I slept better and I wasn't out of breath going up and down the steps to the basement to do the laundry.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mignon] #576992
07/09/10 05:54 AM
07/09/10 05:54 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Yes, exercise definitely changes things for the better. I need to do more.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Lilo] #577001
07/09/10 08:20 AM
07/09/10 08:20 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Any more members willing to post advice/tips/tricks to their weight loss success stories? I am a person who battles the roller coaster weight gain/loss curse and would love to keep this thread alive and progressing. Great posts so far! Congrats, Mig. I am currently "living large" and have found that exercising first thing in the morning is very beneficial. I can also testify to the 50/50 method - you must exercise AND control your diet equally. Doing one without the other is difficult to achieve long term positive results...damn,I love to eat! grin
BTW - It is pure hell being fat in the summer! panic

Last edited by Mark; 07/09/10 08:23 AM.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mark] #577007
07/09/10 09:00 AM
07/09/10 09:00 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Thank you Mark. I really like to walk. One of my fav places to walk is around a cematary. It's quiet and I like to look at names and dates on the headstones. When I was dieting when I would go to the store I would be a boony parker on purpose just to walk. After supper is when I like to walk.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mignon] #577011
07/09/10 09:16 AM
07/09/10 09:16 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
So,you walk from Ohio to Kentucky then on to Virginia?!? wink grin

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mark] #577013
07/09/10 09:22 AM
07/09/10 09:22 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I love waking in Kentucky. Just looking at the senic mountain views especially in the fall when the leaves change color is very beautiful.

What better excercise is there than walking in the mountains looking for tangle guts in the Spring? LOL

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mignon] #577017
07/09/10 09:59 AM
07/09/10 09:59 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
As both Mark and Mig point out it is about both diet and exercise. We have to do both. Metabolism slows as we age and it is more difficult to keep up muscle tone but that's the hand we're dealt.

Some tips that were passed on to me or that I've noticed is
-It takes ~3500 calories to create/burn one pound.Even if you kill yourself on the treadmill/elliptical/bicycle for 30-40 minutes that is only going to be about 400-500 calories at best. So you have to mix up exercises: weights, aerobics, calesthenics, etc. Your body is very efficient at not expending more energy than it has to so constantly tweak and change your workout.

-Every little bit of caloric burn helps. Maybe it's just adding a walk around the neighborhood or dethatching your backyard on your own or walking to the corner store instead of driving or taking the stairs at work or going for walks/runs with your dog or taking up golf or whatever.

-Find something that you enjoy doing and something that challenges you. You may not even think of an activity as "exercise" but if you're moving and expending calories that's a good thing.

-Drop the second helpings. Many of our immediate ancestors had to undertake much more physical labor than we did. Whether they were working in steel mills, cleaning other people's homes, building railroads, working on a farm, lifting car engines all day long, or cutting down trees, several of our parents, grandparents and so on had to work from can't see to can't see. So they needed the extra energy-particularly if the portions were smaller. Most of us don't work like that any more so large portions and second helpings should be discouraged.

-Don't drink your calories. Replace the pop or other sugary drinks with water. Save the sugary stuff for special occasions...like the day past never...

-Don't get discouraged. Everyone's body has its own unique set of advantages and disadvantages. Exercise alone is its own reward. Even if the body weight doesn't change as quickly as you might like chances are your pancreas, heart, lungs and kidneys will be happy with more activity. Don't try to run a marathon if you haven't been active for years. The best most of us can hope for is usually about 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week. At any given point in time that may not look like a lot but after 6 mths or 1 yr of consistent change the results may be dramatic. Diets generally don't work (well they "work" to sell a lot of books) but lifestyle changes generally do. Don't make a change thinking that as soon as you lose x pounds or change a particular body part that you're going to go back to your old ways. Stay positive and upbeat.

-Eat lots more vegetables-especially stuff that is raw or just lightly cooked. They tend to fill you up more quickly with fewer calories.

Winter is Coming

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Lilo] #577022
07/09/10 10:28 AM
07/09/10 10:28 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Great stuff, Lilo. I also saw on TV that you are supposed to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water every day. Example - if you weigh 200 lbs. you should drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water a day. Water is crucial in the weight loss journey...Jillian Michaels would never lie to me! blush

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mark] #577024
07/09/10 10:36 AM
07/09/10 10:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I love to work out. Always have. But I've become more of a walker/runner over the past few years. I still work out with weights 2-3 times a week, but I run at least every other day. I aim for 30 miles per week. It really keeps the weight off like nothing else (along with a balanced diet).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: pizzaboy] #577029
07/09/10 11:03 AM
07/09/10 11:03 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Everything is true, but there's a simple formula. Spend more than you take in. If you increase your activity level and reduce your calories, you will lose weight. The opposite is true as well.

Mark, the yo-yo thing is common enough. The largest contributing factor is lack of exercise. When you only diet, you only empty your fat cells. They will then live on, screaming to be refilled. However, when you combine aerobic exercise with diet, you not only empty the fat cells but shrink them as well.

Some hints:
Exercise early in the morning. You will boost your metabolism level for the entire day. There's also something about glycogen levels (which I don't understand) that maximizes an early-morning workout.

Don't only skip the second helpings, but eat only 2/3 of what's on your plate. Portion control is key. An American "portion" is probably twice that of anywhere else.

Don't eat after 8:00 pm.

Drink tons of water. This will flush out your system and it's even good for your skin.

Eliminate junk food. They are mostly empty calories of fat, sugar and salt that will do your body no good whatsoever.

My daughter was on medication that increased her appetite tremendously. She went from a size 10 to a size 16 in three months. Finally, they switched her medication and she lost about 30 lbs. from that alone, but she continued and in about six months went down to a size 6. She's kept the majority of it off for almost two years now, and she does all of the above.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Sicilian Babe] #577039
07/09/10 01:11 PM
07/09/10 01:11 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Awesome advice. I really appreciate all the feedback.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Sicilian Babe] #577040
07/09/10 01:19 PM
07/09/10 01:19 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Don't eat after 8:00 pm.

That's really hard to do in New York when the average dinner hour is 9:00. lol

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Beth E] #577042
07/09/10 01:58 PM
07/09/10 01:58 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ever since I retired I have made the time to try to keep in shape. I do a Denise Austin workout nearly every day (always at last 5 days a week). smile And, I now am in the habit of walking/running about 2 miles a day. My place has a nearby great park with a track area. It's so scenic here and nearly every day is great for walking. Although I can't say my body looks like I'd like it to blush, With my quitting smoking 3 years ago, it's sort of an added plus to feeling better. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #577044
07/09/10 02:12 PM
07/09/10 02:12 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Great! Keep the stories coming. I'm getting inspired to start losing.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #577047
07/09/10 02:18 PM
07/09/10 02:18 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
When I was loseing weight it was hard for me to give those snacks watching tv at night. So I replaced the junk food with baby carrots or celery. I couldn't give up sweet tea so I just drank one cups worth instead of a full glass.

I found that diet pop wasn't so bad tasteing, I drank diet Pepsi or diet Mountain Dew or Diet Code Red.

Mark, keep us informed on how you are doing. We'll support ya.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mignon] #577063
07/09/10 03:29 PM
07/09/10 03:29 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Thanks, Mig! I do love Diet Coke - whether I'm big or small. I also find that munching on air popped popcorn works pretty good while watching the idiot box!

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mark] #577070
07/09/10 04:10 PM
07/09/10 04:10 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Another good one is to make little bags of 50 goldfish crackers. That's just about 100 calories. We also like sugar-free ice pops and fudgicles in the summer. They have very few calories. There are options out there. You just have to look for them.

Just remember - the key to keeping it off is to change your habits. Until that happens, you will just put it right back on.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Sicilian Babe] #577132
07/10/10 01:11 PM
07/10/10 01:11 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Loosing weight for me was the easiest/hardest thing I've ever done. Easy for me to walk the 2-4 miles everyday. I even went for walks in 25 degree weather with snow/ice on the ground and rainy weather it didn't matter.

Hard thing was getting in and staying in the right frame of mind. Like avoiding those late night snacks or not having a second helping of mash potatoes.

Re: Exercise is the best medicine [Re: Mignon] #577402
07/13/10 08:43 PM
07/13/10 08:43 PM
P
Partagas Offline
Partagas  Offline
P

Of course, a very good exercise is sex!

Calories Burned During Sex

The Act of Insertion
If the man is ready (same vice-versa) 1/4 calories
If the woman is not (same vice-versa) 274 calories

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Satisfying Partner (organ size)
Most experts agree that size means nothing. Shape is what counts, and the man with a shaped organ can write his own ticket. In those rare instances where a man has a genuinely small member, he may have to compensate by working slightly harder, but this is good for weight loss. A man with a really large organ, while he might not have to work as hard once inside, may exhaust himself just trying to convince his partner to let him put it inside.

Normal size 22 calories
Oversize 15 calories
Tremendous 8 calories
Teensy-weensy 163 calories

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positions
Man on top, woman on bottom (facing each other) 20 calories
Woman on top, man on bottom
(Many women find that in addition to its inherent sexual possibilities, this position affords a better view of the clock.) 25 calories
From the rear (Mysterious variation) 40 1/2 calories
Standing: Both partners of equal height 18 calories
Standing: Woman 1 foot taller than a man 90 calories
While in traction
(very useful during ski season) 124 calories

Locations
On a bar stool 20 calories
Rear of a Honda Civic 38 calories
In a phone booth, standing 14 calories
In a phone booth, lying down 274 calories
On an airliner, aisle seat 24 calories
On an airliner, middle seat 42 calories
On an airliner, window seat 30 calories
On an airliner, in the lavatory 100 calories

Possible Side Effects of Intercourse
Bouncing 7 calories
Sliding around 9 calories
Serious Skidding 12 calories
Full cartwheel 20 calories
Whiplash 27 calories
Knee burn 6 calories
Chafed elbows 5 calories
Chafed nose 11 calories

Sex Related Noises
Short gasps (per gasp) 3 calories
Wheezing 5 calories
Squeals 4 calories
Ecstatic moaning 11 calories
Low growling 8 calories
Squishing 10 calories
Shouting 16 calories
Screaming 18 calories
Urgent begging 22 calories
Any short speech giving partner directions
("Please don't stop," "Faster," "Just a little more" are common examples.) 25 calories

Approaching Orgasm
Letting go 5.5 calories
Controlling yourself 79 calories
Digging nails into your partner's back 11 calories
Trembling 15 calories
Shaking 20 calories
Shuddering 25 calories
Trying to keep eyes open 33 calories

Orgasm
Real 27 calories
Faked 160 calories

Orgasmic Intensity Scale
Expression didn't change 1/2 calorie
Face turned purple 15 calories
Orchestra swelled 6 calories
Magical explosions 10 calories
Blazing Sheets 25 calories
Earth moved 30 calories
Vesuvius erupted 47 calories
You began moaning in Latin 60 calories

Pulling Out
After orgasm 1/4 calorie
A few moments before orgasm 500 calories

Multiple Orgasms
For women:
2 14 calories
5 30 calories
8 47 calories
(Depending on greed her rate of recovery a woman can enjoy around 8 orgasms within an hour period without losing consciousness or disarranging her hair. As the number increases, however, she may begin to experience a form of "reduced sanity" that will temporarily interfere with her ability to cook, worship ,and ride a Moped.)
For Men:
2 21 calories
3 39 calories
4 57 calories
(For a man, its a different situation, perhaps due to physiological and biological reasons. Many men can enjoy up to 4 orgasms in an hour with little discomfort except for the slight ringing in the ears. With few exceptions, however, a man who tries to achieve more than 10 orgasms within that same period is flirting with irreversible brain damage.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Orgasms
Clitoral. 15 calories
Vaginal 21 calories
Penile 21 calories
Scrotile 15 calories
Rectal 25 calories
Oral
(can also occur during an especially good meal) 30 calories

Premature Ejaculation*
During insertion 2 calories
During intercourse
(Approximately. 2 sec's or 3 thrusts after insertion, whichever comes first.) 5 calories
During foreplay 3 calories
Immature ejaculation
(Similar to premature ejaculation except male acts childish and throws a tantrum.) 4 calories

Consequences of Premature Ejaculation
Even if you have a good heart, it takes much understanding not to feel like a victim when your partner climaxes after 3 sec's of intensive sex, especially if he immediately sits up to watch the football on tv.

For Women
Frustration 8 calories
Anger 15 calories
Violent mood swing 20 calories
Surpressing rage 25 calories
Not surpressing anger
(In extreme cases, this can include cursing, nose tweaks, and gently massaging partner's head with a tire iron.) 65 calories
For Men:
Cursing 10 calories
Apologising 3 calories
Snivelling 5 calories
Pleading for mercy 8 calories
Begging for another chance
(Note how unfair: Men never seem to mind if a woman has an orgasm after 3 seconds of sex.) 15 calories

Possible Side Effects of Good Sex
The first indication that sex was a positive experience will be a buzzing in the pelvic area and a clear complexion. You might also feel pleasantly light, as though you were dozing in a vat of cream cheese. If sex was really terrific, you feel dangerously drained, as though your body had been connected to a large milking machine for several days. Additional reactions include:

Swooning 6 calories
Palpitations 10 calories
Shortness of breath 5 calories
Perspiring 8 calories

Possible Side Effects of Bad Sex
A less-than-sunny desposition 1 calorie

Recovering
Un-entwining 3 calories
Regaining motor control of pevis
(After especially tiring sex, you may feel numb from below the waist to the opposite wall. The result will be an inability to walk [put one foot in front of the other], which will seriously impair your chances of going to the bathroom or getting some juice.) 7 calories
Standing up 9 calories
Getting some juice 11 calories

Rolling Over and Going to Sleep
After intercourse
(Classic behavior for shiftiness men who believe they've done their job and are now entilted to a rest. This "rest" may include snoring.) 18 calories
During intercourse
(Women find this to be a subtle, yet direct way of suggesting dissatisfaction.) 32 calories
During foreplay
(Indicates either an advance case of fatigue or a serious lack of interest.) 12 calories
Avoiding the wet spot 80 calories

Trying Again
If the woman is ready 5 calories
If the man is not 156 calories

Dreaming
Regular dream 2 calories
Wet Dream
Add 5 calories if it occurs while in bed with your partner;
Add 20 calories if your partner notices 16 calories
Wet Trance
(Usually occurs in the presence of a sensual hypnotist.) 20 calories

Group Sex
Introducing yourself 3 calories
Overcoming shyness 8 calories
Swapping partners, willingly 4 calories
Swapping partners, unwillingly 62 calories
Jealousy
(Partner having more fun than you are) 16 calories
Mixed doubles 26 calories
Being nice to everyone 100 calories
Anger
(You suddenly realize that you're wanted for you body and not your mind. Difficult to cope with, especially if you have a Ph.D.) 10 calories
Finding your clothes 5 calories

Masturbation
For pleasure only 6 calories
For exercise, too 10 calories
For relief from tension 12 calories
To pass the time 7 calories
To avoid overeating 16 calories
To get in touch with inner self 10 calories
To get in touch with outter self 10.5 calories
To avoid insanity 24 calories
To avoid spending money on a date
(In addition to being a viable alternative to television, shopping, and binges, masturbation is a quick and inexpensive way to get warm.) 9 calories
Using your hand(s) 11 calories
Using your finger(s) 9 calories
Using tweezers 2 calories
Using an inflatable doll 24 calories
Using Any fruit or vegetable
(Except watermelon or a sprig of parsley) 19 calories
Using a vibrator, hand-operated 12 calories
Using a vibrator, windup 9 calories
Using a vibrator, electric 5 calories
Using anything not mentioned here 50 calories
In a pornographic movie theater - purchasing the ticket 2.5 calories
In a pornographic movie theater - finding isolated seat 78 calories
In a pornographic movie theater - adjusting raincoat 3 calories

Typical Sex-Related Fears
Partner hates me for what I did 4 calories
Partner hates me for what I didn't do 8 calories
Forgetting the instructions in the sex manual 10 calories
Climaxing too soon 5 calories
Climaxing too late 6 calories
Not climaxing 20 calories
Partner thinks of me as a sex object 9 calories
Partner doesn't think of me as a sex object 47 calories
Partner will neglect to adminster last rites should I not recover from orgasm 88 calories

Personal Fears
Gigantic cellulite that shake and ripple during orgasm 6 calories
Stretch marks that look like a plowed field 8 calories
Penis envy 72 calories
Body odor of a disgruntled yak 25 calories

Getting Caught
By partner's spouse 60 calories
By your spouse 60.5 calories
Trying to explain 165 calories
Stuttering 28 calories
Throwing up
(Calorie counts here are flexible, depending on type of spouse-whether understanding and open-minded, or narrow-minded and armed) 40 calories

Almost Getting Caught
Trying to remain calm 100 calories
Fright (includes trembling) 66 calories
Leaping out of bed 25 calories
Getting dressed in one large motion 300 calories
Thanking partner quickly 2 calories
Jumping out of window
add 5 calories if window wasn't open 15 calories
Landing 1 calorie
Running very fast 50 calories

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull