GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 305 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,825
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Lilo] #577000
07/09/10 07:58 AM
07/09/10 07:58 AM
BAM_233 Offline OP
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

o yea lilo you do know that now the bulls will win the central with either the bucks or pistons behind us.

Not so fast there, Chicago. I still have to believe that Joe D. has something up his sleeve. And contrary to his appearance it's not a jelly donut.. rolleyes

the bulls might have something up there sleeve as well lol. o yea i hope the bulls get a enforcer...would love to have the 'bad boys' in chicago.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Lilo] #577019
07/09/10 10:15 AM
07/09/10 10:15 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

o yea lilo you do know that now the bulls will win the central with either the bucks or pistons behind us.

Not so fast there, Chicago. I still have to believe that Joe D. has something up his sleeve. And contrary to his appearance it's not a jelly donut.. rolleyes

You both win because, and let's be honest, the Cavs go right back into the abyss. Maybe proud and a little scrappy, like they were under Fratello in the '90s, but hardly contenders.

Re: "The Decision" -----I hope Lebron gets pubic lice the size of palmetto bus down there in the tropics. Also, wouldn't it just be a hoot if Wade and Bosh get caught in a seedy Little Havana motel room with a big bag of blow . . . and Lebron's mom?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: pizzaboy] #577027
07/09/10 10:52 AM
07/09/10 10:52 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
With LeBron James off the board, the Knicks began refilling their roster Thursday night by completing a multiplayer trade built around David Lee.
Lee is going to the Golden State Warriors in a sign-and-trade deal, in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike. Lee will receive a six-year, $80 million contract. Although the deal was not immediately announced, the parameters were confirmed by Lee’s agent, Mark Bartelstein.

The key is Randolph, a promising 6-foot-10 forward who was drafted 14th over all in 2008. Randolph turns 21 next week and has shown occasional flashes of greatness. Randolph is effective in the open court and an excellent finisher at the rim. But he is a poor shooter and is learning how to play under control. He missed most of last season because of ankle and back injuries.

Turiaf, a 6-10 center, is a solid interior defender and hustle player. Azubuike is a reliable 3-point shooter when healthy, but he missed most of last season because of a knee injury.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Lilo] #577035
07/09/10 11:22 AM
07/09/10 11:22 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Knicks are fucked no matter by that screwy organization.

Then again, Yankees have triumphed in spite of The Boss's worst antics.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577043
07/09/10 02:04 PM
07/09/10 02:04 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
LeBron's actions last night made me ashamed to have ever rooted for him, even though he played for my hometown team. The dye was cast when he attempted that free throw left-handed in the playoffs. He did quit on his team in the Boston series, which is something Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Isaiah, Shaq, and Dr. J NEVER would have done. While James will probably win a title in Miami, what he has overlooked is that he ran from the challenge of being "the man." All of the aforementioned relished that challenge. Look at how Kobe struggled in the years after Shaq left the Lakers. Now Kobe is coming off of back-to-back world titles.

Notice that he didn't go to NY or Chicago. His fragile ego could never handle the justifiable scrutiny of the NY media and he knows that he'll never be able to escape the greatness of Jordan in the city of Chicago. So, he took the coward's way out and went to a place where his two buddies are and where the owner (Pat Riley) is waiting until February to swoop in and coach the team again.

No matter what he does on the court, LeBron the human being is a piece of dirt. That has become crystal clear since the Boston series and during the entire free agent process. Real men do not disrespect their employer of 7 years by not returning messages and then by telling them you are leaving two minutes ahead of the public announcement. And to not even thank the fans that supported him showed a total lack of class. LeBron's ego last night was on display for all to see. I have to say that even if he would have stayed in Cleveland, I would have seriously questioned the self-serving manner in which conducted himself over the past few months.

His actions last evening showed me that he was raised with practically no values. His mother has been a drunken mess at times and it came out during the playoffs that she was fooling around with Cavs player Delonte West. I'm wondering which Heat player she'll go after down in Miami.

I'm looking forward to reading about James' eventual downfall. I truly believe it began last night. He has surrounded himself with uneducated "yes" men who have given him a false sense of reality. LeBron even went so far as to say the reason for his ESPN "show" was based upon Tiger Woods sex scandal press conference. You remember - the one where Tiger was attacked by almost the entire media for the ridiculous format.

I'm hopeful that he'll start partying down in Florida and he will eventually get into legal trouble. There will be a lot of dirty laundry aired in the coming days that the Cavs chose to keep quiet. Now, the gloves are off and he'll get what he deserves.

I feel bad for my little boy, who is 4 and for others who truly looked up to LeBron. Thankfully, my boy is too young to understand much of what happened. But the 9 and 10 year olds were crushed by LeBron's total indifference last night. We all get that he wanted to leave, but the way in which he did it just showed the true lack of character, class, and humility of LeBron James.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577045
07/09/10 02:14 PM
07/09/10 02:14 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Anyone on the board a Knicks fan? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Knicks/Warriors trade.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Blibbleblabble] #577046
07/09/10 02:17 PM
07/09/10 02:17 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cavs, owns Fathead too. Fathead is now selling all Lebron James decals for the reduced rate of $17.41 -- or the birth year of Benedict Arnold.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577048
07/09/10 02:20 PM
07/09/10 02:20 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
RR, this is is strictly business and this man is taking it very personal!!!

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Lilo] #577060
07/09/10 03:16 PM
07/09/10 03:16 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Lilo] #577062
07/09/10 03:26 PM
07/09/10 03:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good article. Spot-on.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577074
07/09/10 05:02 PM
07/09/10 05:02 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
My view borrows from Tony Soprano: "He's (LeBron) dead to me now."

LBJ is being referred to locally as "The Quitness."

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: pizzaboy] #577076
07/09/10 06:18 PM
07/09/10 06:18 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Goombah, has any one vandalized James' home yet? Well when the Heat plays the Cavs this year in Cleveland do you think he'll be a chicken and not show up?

I'm sure the game will be delayed for all the boo's he'll get when he comes on the court or they will have to pick up all of the James Cav's memorabilia they throw at him.

Reminds me of the time when Art Modell took the Browns to Baltimore. Is Modell still hated there?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Mignon] #577079
07/09/10 07:16 PM
07/09/10 07:16 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I heard that James has extra security for his house. I hope nobody stoops that low.

Modell is the most hated person in Cleveland history. LeEgo is a close second now, but I think Modell will keep his dubious distinction.

I expect the Cavs and a few other teams to file tampering charges with the commissioner. It won't do any good, but it might make them feel a little better.

What LeBron did not consider is that he publicly dissed Dan Gilbert, who is a multi-millionaire. If the Nets billionaire owner also feels slighted, they will look to stick it to Miami and LeBron every chance they can.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577083
07/09/10 09:25 PM
07/09/10 09:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Actually I actually think Modell gets a raw deal from Cleveland fans. The city gave almost everybody there a new facility except that city's supposed proud flagship franchise. That old stadium was a workarea hazard, and I can understand why he decided to say fuck it and move to a city willing to give him a new stadium and actually kissed his ass.

Sorry but what the hell did the Indians do in the previous 40 years to deserve a new joint before the Browns? Hell only time they won was MAJOR LEAGUE, which of course was total fiction.

Lebron though, fuck him. As that link points out, the signs were always there but brushed away. Wearing a Yank cap at Jacob's Field?

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577090
07/09/10 10:11 PM
07/09/10 10:11 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Lynn Henning
Dan Gilbert's hypocrisy emerges in destructive message

The Detroit News

Sifting through the rubble of Dan Gilbert's post-LeBron James remarks is not easy or pleasant, all because the destruction was so wanton.

But, piece by piece, Gilbert's hypocrisy that merged with uncontrolled rage Thursday night created some kind of mess after James announced he was signing a free-agent contract with the Miami Heat.

The ugly stuff that spewed from a Cavaliers owner's mouth late Thursday is only partially included here, but, if nothing else of value came from his tantrum, it sure looks as if Tom Izzo made the right decision to stick at Michigan State, and not only because the Cleveland Cavaliers no longer have James:

1. Gilbert says James "quit" on the Cavs in the second round of this spring's playoffs. That's interesting news. Not sure why it took three months for the Cavs owner to issue his indictment, but the timing is as savage as the charge, which is utterly baseless.

2. If James "quit" on his team, why is Gilbert so incensed James is moving on? The answer, of course, is as obvious as Gilbert's irrational charge. He only "quit" if he left a team Gilbert owned. He would have walked back into an owner's embrace had he stuck with the Cavs. He would have been hailed for his loyalty. And Gilbert is going to tell us otherwise?

3. James, said Gilbert, "has gotten a free pass." The owner had about 100 million more free passes, in dollars, had this supposedly treacherous, betraying, insubordinate superstar merely returned to Cleveland. Usually, hypocrisy is at least camouflaged. Give credit, as it were, for Gilbert being so overt with this outburst, which was more like self-immolation.

4. Let's reverse roles for a moment, which Gilbert can obviously do with aplomb. Had it been the Cavs who courted James from Miami, what would have been the owner's reaction Thursday night? What might the statement released to Cavs fans have said? And what would Gilbert's disposition have been toward Miami and to the Heat fans James had disappointed? I think we know the answer to that. Does Gilbert wish to tell us otherwise?

5. What did Gilbert expect Michigan State to say if Izzo had left East Lansing for the Cavs job, when Gilbert, who decries the money James accepted, was tempting Izzo with $30 million or more to leave behind a program of supreme quality and achievement at MSU? And does he think for a moment, for all the sadness it would have brought to East Lansing, that Michigan State officials would have expressed anything other than gratitude for Izzo's work and best wishes for his future?

We all have seen 4-year-olds throw at least acceptable fits when things haven't gone their way. We saw nothing as mature or forgivable from Gilbert with his scorched-earth assault Thursday.

It was tough to make James a sympathetic figure as this out-of-bounds, over-the-top free-agent soap opera crawled to an ugly finish Thursday night.

But one man showed it could be done. And that pretty much is the only thing Gilbert has succeeded in achieving with his NBA team the past few months.

lynn.henning@detnews.com

Winter is Coming

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: pizzaboy] #577096
07/10/10 12:57 AM
07/10/10 12:57 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Same ol' footage, but cute...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: J Geoff] #577097
07/10/10 01:11 AM
07/10/10 01:11 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577106
07/10/10 09:20 AM
07/10/10 09:20 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
As someone who lived here through the Browns move, let me give you some background. When Modell owned the team, the Indians were his tenants. In every sense of the word, he was a slum landlord. The Indians created concession revenue for Modell 81 times per season.

The city, on multiple occasions, offered to renovate or build a new Browns stadium. Each time Modell declined. He started running out of money and had to borrow $5 million just to pay free agent Andre Risen. When Jacobs Field opened in 1994, the Indians began playing well. That, coupled with the novelty of a new ballpark, brought much higher attendance. Suddenly, what had always been a football town, fell in love with its baseball team for the first time in 30+ years. That infuriated Modell and he then stuck out his hand and asked city officials "what about me?"

Modell has always been a poor businessman. He was the main reason for the Browns departure. He finally hired a smart football person in Ozzie Newsome, but the Browns never benefited from Newsome's skills - only Baltimore did.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577122
07/10/10 10:18 AM
07/10/10 10:18 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I didn't know. Thanks for correcting me.

Man nobody wants to stay in Cleveland, do they?

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577125
07/10/10 11:23 AM
07/10/10 11:23 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Man, so if LeBron was that much of a parasite and shady character in Cleveland...or so Dan Gilbert wants to put out there...perhaps it's best that we can take him off your hands? confused

I really do feel for the people of Cleveland though, the whole way this thing played out made me feel a little uncomfortable ("The Decision") but then again...I guess I can't really care that much. Wishing ill will upon him personally and calling out the guy's mom though? C'mon, it's only basketball.

I can't say that I won't enjoy the parade(s) though.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Don Andrew] #577126
07/10/10 11:38 AM
07/10/10 11:38 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Andrew

They haven't won anything yet. And they still have to contend with Kobe in the Finals lol. Welcome back, Don A!

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: pizzaboy] #577128
07/10/10 11:50 AM
07/10/10 11:50 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

They haven't won anything yet. And they still have to contend with Kobe in the Finals lol. Welcome back, Don A!

This is true, absolutely...but uh, I can't help but feel a little more optimistic. wink

All in fun, though

Hey, how's it going?
Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Don Andrew] #577131
07/10/10 01:03 PM
07/10/10 01:03 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Since I was raised in Northeast Ohio I've been a Cleveland fan across the board. Hopefully in the near furure the curse on Cleveland will be lifted and we can bring home a championship. I don't care if it is SB or WS.

Is Modell still the owner of the ex Browns?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: Don Andrew] #577135
07/10/10 02:43 PM
07/10/10 02:43 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Man, so if LeBron was that much of a parasite and shady character in Cleveland...or so Dan Gilbert wants to put out there...perhaps it's best that we can take him off your hands? confused

I really do feel for the people of Cleveland though, the whole way this thing played out made me feel a little uncomfortable ("The Decision") but then again...I guess I can't really care that much. Wishing ill will upon him personally and calling out the guy's mom though? C'mon, it's only basketball.

All that was said was to give the complete picture. You're not just getting LeBron. He comes with his mother, Maverick Carter and all the other uneducated hangers-on from his high school. His mom was arrested for DUI a few years ago - not the greatest sin. There were cameras at the arrest and she kicked at the cops windshield like Carlo when Clemenza was putting on a stranglehold.

It all goes to show what a classless individual Miami just got. Notice all of the "I" and "me" statements he makes. He said he'll be playing in South Beach, rather than saying he would give his all to the Miami Heat.

Take a reading nationally - not just through the euphoria in Miami. Nearly all outlets nit associated with ESPN are ripping James self-serving approach to the entire free agency process.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577136
07/10/10 03:37 PM
07/10/10 03:37 PM
BAM_233 Offline OP
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline OP
Underboss
i really feel bad for you mig and goombah dealing for cleveland's lack luster sports hitory. lebron will look back on this as the worst choice he has ever made.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: BAM_233] #577138
07/10/10 04:31 PM
07/10/10 04:31 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Thanks Bam. While it annoys me, this LeBron thing does not crush me. I've detached myself from sports over the past few years.

James is completely out of touch w/reality, as was evident on Thursday. I seriously doubt that he'll regret anything. It was all about feeding his insatiable ego, which in his world is always the most important choice.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: goombah] #577139
07/10/10 04:34 PM
07/10/10 04:34 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Its funny but you have to give Lebron credit, he really is doing his best to mimic Jordan.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577140
07/10/10 05:07 PM
07/10/10 05:07 PM
BAM_233 Offline OP
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Its funny but you have to give Lebron credit, he really is doing his best to mimic Jordan.

man if thats the case he totally fucked that up lol

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: BAM_233] #577146
07/10/10 06:19 PM
07/10/10 06:19 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Jordan was, no is, a legendary asshole. It's just he never left Chicago and well, winning cures everything so he nobody really could or would stand up to the guy. Kinda like Lebron in Cleveland before he left.

Its when he played GM, and fantastically flopped, that everybody's knives finally came out. consider that in picking Kwame Brown #1 in 2001, MJ and the Wizards missed out on guys like Tony Parker, Paul Gasol, and Joe Johnson.

Re: NBA Summer of 2010 [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #577147
07/10/10 06:44 PM
07/10/10 06:44 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
I'm so glad I left home before that fuckin' show did me in.

LeBron will not be able to keep up those crazy stats now and he managed to make himself look terrible for all sides and unless he wins 6 championships he will be considered a loser.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6