GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (joepuzzles234, Ciment, British, m2w), 67 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,685
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Healthcare Tab #572585
04/22/10 10:22 PM
04/22/10 10:22 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline OP
AppleOnYa  Offline OP

New Jersey
All you 40+ Obama lovers...way to go!!!

Not to worry...long as VAT is 'worth looking at'.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_law_costs

WASHINGTON – President Obama's health care overhaul law will increase the nation's health care tab instead of bringing costs down, gov't economic forecasters concluded Thurs in a sobering assessment of the sweeping legislation.

A report by economic experts at the Health & Human Services Department said the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance...

But the analysis also found that the law falls short of the president's twin goal of controlling runaway costs. It also warned that Medicare cuts may be unrealistic and unsustainable, driving about 15 percent of hospitals into the red and "possibly jeopardizing access" to care for seniors.

The mixed verdict for Obama's signature issue is the first comprehensive look by neutral experts....

The report acknowledged that some of the cost-control measures in the bill...could help reduce the rate of cost increases beyond 2020. But it held out little hope for progress in the first decade.

"During 2010-2019, however, these effects would be outweighed by the increased costs associated with the expansions of health insurance coverage,"...

...Starting in 2014, most Americans would be required to carry health insurance except in cases of financial hardship...Insurers would be required to accept all applicants, regardless of their health.

A separate Congressional Budget Office analysis, also released Thurs, estimated that 4 million households would be hit with tax penalties under the law for failing to get insurance...

...At the outset of the health care debate last year, Obama held out the hope that by bending the cost curve down, the US could cover all its citizens for about what the nation would spend absent any reforms.

The report found that the president's law missed the mark, although not by much. The overhaul will increase national health care spending by $311 billion from 2010-2019, or nine-tenths of 1 percent. To put that in perspective, total health care spending during the decade is estimated to surpass $35 trillion...

The report's most sober assessments concerned Medicare.

In addition to flagging the cuts to hospitals, nursing homes and other providers as potentially unsustainable, it projected that reductions in payments to private Medicare Advantage plans would trigger an exodus from the popular program. Enrollment would plummet by about 50%, as the plans reduce extra benefits that they currently offer. Seniors leaving the private plans would still have health insurance under traditional Medicare, but many might face higher out-of-pocket costs.

In another flashing yellow light, the report warned that a new voluntary long-term care insurance program created under the law faces "a very serious risk" of insolvency.

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 04/22/10 10:25 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Healthcare Tab [Re: AppleOnYa] #572602
04/23/10 09:17 AM
04/23/10 09:17 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
And just remember, the Father might become the GOP nominee in '12.

Happy Voting.

Re: Healthcare Tab [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #572657
04/24/10 10:03 AM
04/24/10 10:03 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
And just remember, the Father might become the GOP nominee in '12.

Happy Voting.

LMAO

lol lol

Fuckin Ronnie clap clap.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Healthcare Tab [Re: pizzaboy] #572658
04/24/10 10:45 AM
04/24/10 10:45 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yeah, Romney on his book tour now is giving a convoluted(i.e. bullshit) explaination for why his RomneyCare was good, ObamaCare is evil. I guess he got brainwashed by the HCR lobby. Such problems run strong in some families.

Which is fine I mean why necessarily run away from something he's stuck with? It's just him calling HCR passage "tyranny on a federal level" and then give that speech its....well I was going to call it disgenerous, but that doesn't make much sense. Nobody national ever respected Romney for standing for something beyond himself.

Almost the Republican Hillary Clinton if you ask me.

I don't get why he is leading the early GOP polls. For a party that has become more and more creatively further right wing, who's left to be the guy's base? Nevermind the Evangelicals in the South hates his guts because he's Mormon. Same ancestors who despised JFK for following the Pope, not for his marital infidelity or obnoxious elitist attitudes or being too wreckless cavalier in his politics.

Really I've said this basically before, but let me repost it: If Goldwater and Reagan ran for office in today's GOP, they would be facing Teaparty opponents in the primary. Who probably would win.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull