GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 334 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bufalino Crime Family #572485
04/21/10 04:32 PM
04/21/10 04:32 PM
Italian_Mafia_Boss Offline OP
Boss Of All Bosses
Italian_Mafia_Boss  Offline OP
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
The Bufalino Crime Family, who operates in Scranton, Pennsylvania, could very well be the most powerful Mafia family today. Despite it's small size, the Bufalino Family seems to have control of many illegal as well as legitimate businesses within mostly Pennsylvania but also in New Jersey and New York. They maintain strong ties with the other Mafia families. There is not much information about the Bufalino crime family, very few convictions or indictments. The Bufalino Family seems to have the lowest profile of all the Mafia families, which gives it a very strong advantage over the other families. The Bufalino Family pretty much owns all of Scranton.

Ya know one thing about us wise guys? The hustle never ends.- Tony Soprano
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572489
04/21/10 05:29 PM
04/21/10 05:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
The Bufalino Crime Family, who operates in Scranton, Pennsylvania, could very well be the most powerful Mafia family today. Despite it's small size, the Bufalino Family seems to have control of many illegal as well as legitimate businesses within mostly Pennsylvania but also in New Jersey and New York. They maintain strong ties with the other Mafia families. There is not much information about the Bufalino crime family, very few convictions or indictments. The Bufalino Family seems to have the lowest profile of all the Mafia families, which gives it a very strong advantage over the other families. The Bufalino Family pretty much owns all of Scranton.

The Bufalino family is basically extinct. Former Philadelphia boss Ralph Natale was overheard several years ago on an FBI bug talking about how Billy D'Elia was the last member of the family.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572490
04/21/10 05:57 PM
04/21/10 05:57 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

The Bufalino family is basically extinct. Former Philadelphia boss Ralph Natale was overheard several years ago on an FBI bug talking about how Billy D'Elia was the last member of the family.

Law enforcement claims that there are at least 30 Made Men left. The Bufalino Family still maintains control over Scranton.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572492
04/21/10 06:22 PM
04/21/10 06:22 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Law enforcement claims that there are at least 30 Made Men left. The Bufalino Family still maintains control over Scranton.

There is no law enforcement agency that claims the Bufalino family has 30 made members. Aside from criminal charges involving D'Elia himself, there hasn't been a major case involving the family there in years. The family is gone. Time to join the 21st century.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/21/10 06:23 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572495
04/21/10 06:36 PM
04/21/10 06:36 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
lol grin
Sorry, its a bit funny.

Some of this was mentioned in this thread?
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=571369#Post571369

Anyway, which law enforcement agency is that?

(cough.)
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #572497
04/21/10 06:41 PM
04/21/10 06:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Anyway, which law enforcement agency is that?

Yes, I'd like to know that too. Of course I say that knowing there isn't any agency in the land that claims that.

This is a classic example of what I was talking about before. The information so many people have on the mob is often very much out of date. And it's usually because they'll read a few books, which are almost always written long after the fact, and figure that's how things currently are. And from there we get people who think families are still thriving in places like Scranton, New Orleans, and elsewhere.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/21/10 06:41 PM.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572498
04/21/10 06:42 PM
04/21/10 06:42 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
I never said a law enforcement agency I said law enforcement itself. Ever thought maybe the family has gone underground and likes to keep things low profile?

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572499
04/21/10 06:50 PM
04/21/10 06:50 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I never said a law enforcement agency I said law enforcement itself. Ever thought maybe the family has gone underground and likes to keep things low profile?

If you really believe that, one could make the argument that the Dallas family or the Denver family has gone underground and is still thriving beneath the radar. Of course, we know this isn't true. Just as it isn't true for Scranton. And you know, just as well as I do, that law enforcement does not say the Bufalino family still has at least 30 made members.

What law enforcement does say is that the only families left are the five New York families, as well as those in New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit. And possibly Buffalo. But that's it. Everywhere else the families are all extinct or only have a few individual members left; i.e. 10 or less.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572501
04/21/10 07:07 PM
04/21/10 07:07 PM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
I know you didn't say agency but i cant very well ask "Which law enforcement" could I?
& hey, low profile is totally the case, what with there being one guy left & all.

But hey if an article comes out tomorrow announcing a bust outta Scranton with a shitload guys named & charged, i'll eat my hat.
Erm. I'll even buy one first.

(cough.)
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572508
04/21/10 10:09 PM
04/21/10 10:09 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
We don't know if they're extinct or not, they very well might not be. I guess we would have to visit Scranton to find out.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572511
04/21/10 11:17 PM
04/21/10 11:17 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

We don't know if they're extinct or not, they very well might not be. I guess we would have to visit Scranton to find out.

You seem to just be hoping the family isn't gone. They haven't been on any list of current viable families from the FBI since the 1980's. And that was the last time there were any significant cases involving the family. D'Elia is said to be the last surviving member. All the evidence is there to show the family is no more. Just accept it.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572519
04/22/10 07:17 AM
04/22/10 07:17 AM
L
Lucasi Offline
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline
L
Made Member
I think you still have "made" guys working whats left of Gambling,prostitution,or anything else they can make $$ on but it maynot be the "Bufalino Family" as u know it but a crew or a few guys from another existing family elsewhere taking care of business these days?

Last edited by Lucasi; 04/22/10 07:19 AM. Reason: addition
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572543
04/22/10 03:27 PM
04/22/10 03:27 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Just because the FBI doesn't know anything doesn't mean they're extinct. Everyone on hear seems to think the FBI is more powerful than God or something.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Lucasi] #572544
04/22/10 03:28 PM
04/22/10 03:28 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Lucasi
I think you still have "made" guys working whats left of Gambling,prostitution,or anything else they can make $$ on but it maynot be the "Bufalino Family" as u know it but a crew or a few guys from another existing family elsewhere taking care of business these days?

There are members of the five families active in a number of places outside New York but there has never been any evidence, thus far, that they have moved to operate in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572567
04/22/10 07:46 PM
04/22/10 07:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Just because the FBI doesn't know anything doesn't mean they're extinct. Everyone on hear seems to think the FBI is more powerful than God or something.

The FBI knows a lot more than you. You have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to show that they aren't extinct. So somehow they've found out a way to avoid law enforcement when other families haven't? Give me a break.

And people wonder why I sometimes get belligerant. It's because of crap like this. Some of you mob fanboys can stay in your own little dream worlds where the Bufalino family just may be the most powerful in the country. But some of us choose to go with the demonstrable facts.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572570
04/22/10 08:29 PM
04/22/10 08:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Some of you mob fanboys can stay in your own little dream worlds where the Bufalino family just may be the most powerful in the country. But some of us choose to go with the demonstrable facts.

clap

I don't want to take sides, but Ivy's right. Let this one go, guys.

It's almost as if some of the younger members here are pissed off that they missed out on the "glory days" of the mob. Well, they're gone. And it will NEVER again be like it was. Ever.

Things change. And in this case, I might add, it's for the better.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: pizzaboy] #572571
04/22/10 08:47 PM
04/22/10 08:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I don't want to take sides, but Ivy's right. Let this one go, guys.

It's almost as if some of the younger members here are pissed off that they missed out on the "glory days" of the mob. Well, they're gone. And it will NEVER again be like it was. Ever.

Things change. And in this case, I might add, it's for the better.

Some wanting to believe it's still the glory days of the mob is right. I encounter them all the time. I call them mob fanboys. Problem is they are about 50 years too late. But not to worry, there is still plenty of mob activity in the Northeast and a few other areas of the country for us to watch. People just need to remember it's 2010, not 1955.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/22/10 08:48 PM.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572579
04/22/10 09:29 PM
04/22/10 09:29 PM
Long Island
S
SeanKavanagh Offline
Associate
SeanKavanagh  Offline
S
Associate
Long Island
Everyone that has been posting that Billy D'Elia was/is the last remaining member of the Bufalino crime family is one hundred percent correct. The Scranton family has one known member in D'Elia (although I would say there is a chance that D'Elia maybe made one or two guys without the FBI knowing, thirty guys is way far fetched).

Many families are extinct (Denver, Dallas, Rochester, San Francisco, San Diego), near extinct (New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Tampa), on their last legs (Buffalo), medium sized (New Jersey, Philadelphia, New England) or are one of the large and powerful families (Outfit, Partnership, the five families).

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: SeanKavanagh] #572582
04/22/10 10:09 PM
04/22/10 10:09 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SeanKavanagh
Everyone that has been posting that Billy D'Elia was/is the last remaining member of the Bufalino crime family is one hundred percent correct. The Scranton family has one known member in D'Elia (although I would say there is a chance that D'Elia maybe made one or two guys without the FBI knowing, thirty guys is way far fetched).

Many families are extinct (Denver, Dallas, Rochester, San Francisco, San Diego), near extinct (New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Tampa), on their last legs (Buffalo), medium sized (New Jersey, Philadelphia, New England) or are one of the large and powerful families (Outfit, Partnership, the five families).

I really wouldn't consider Detroit to be one of the "large and powerful" families. Despite what some others here want to believe, it's not even a medium sized family at this point. Medium sized families would be those like Chicago, New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia which each have about 50 members. Detroit has about 30 at most and is not nearly as active as those others. And it's not even close to the five New York families, which have anywhere from 100-200 members.

You're basically spot on with everything else though. You can also add the San Jose family to the extinct list. Maybe you meant them, since San Diego didn't last past Prohibition. You can also add Cleveland, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City to the near extinction list.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/22/10 10:22 PM.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572594
04/23/10 12:32 AM
04/23/10 12:32 AM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member

The FBI knows a lot more than you. You have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA to show that they aren't extinct. So somehow they've found out a way to avoid law enforcement when other families haven't? Give me a break.

And people wonder why I sometimes get belligerant. It's because of crap like this. Some of you mob fanboys can stay in your own little dream worlds where the Bufalino family just may be the most powerful in the country. But some of us choose to go with the demonstrable facts.

When people assume is what pisses me off. I have a primary resource that knows more than the Feds. As for calling me a mob fanboy, I consider myself a Mafia Historian.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572596
04/23/10 01:16 AM
04/23/10 01:16 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

When people assume is what pisses me off. I have a primary resource that knows more than the Feds. As for calling me a mob fanboy, I consider myself a Mafia Historian.

The only one who is assuming here is you. First you claimed the law enforcement says the family still as 30 members. Nevermind the fact that you can't produce any evidence and had to back away from that claim. Whatever your "primary resource" is, it isn't worth a hill of beans. I mean, what kind of "Mafia Historian" believes the Bufalino family might be the most powerful family in the country in 2010 when it's basically gone? Even when the family was at it's peak it was never the most powerful family.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572616
04/23/10 03:23 PM
04/23/10 03:23 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member

The only one who is assuming here is you. First you claimed the law enforcement says the family still as 30 members. Nevermind the fact that you can't produce any evidence and had to back away from that claim. Whatever your "primary resource" is, it isn't worth a hill of beans. I mean, what kind of "Mafia Historian" believes the Bufalino family might be the most powerful family in the country in 2010 when it's basically gone? Even when the family was at it's peak it was never the most powerful family.

First of all I never claimed a damn thing, second of all research on the internet says that law enforcement claims there are 30 Made Men. Lastly, is my primary resource really not worth anything when they happen to be a key asset to that family? I didn't think so.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572618
04/23/10 03:31 PM
04/23/10 03:31 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

First of all I never claimed a damn thing, second of all research on the internet says that law enforcement claims there are 30 Made Men.

First, where did you find on the internet that there are still 30 members? Can you even provide a link? Second, I shouldn't have to tell you how much nonsense there is on the internet.

Quote:
Lastly, is my primary resource really not worth anything when they happen to be a key asset to that family? I didn't think so.

You keep talking about this "primary resource?" What is that exactly? Not that I really care because it's just anecdotal evidenece on your part.

Bottom line, if you want to go around talking a bunch of nonsense about how the Bufalino family still has 30 members and might be the most powerful in the country, that's up to you. But don't expect anyone who actually knows what's going on to believe it.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572628
04/23/10 06:44 PM
04/23/10 06:44 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
First of all I never claimed a damn thing, second of all research on the internet says that law enforcement claims there are 30 Made Men.

First, where did you find on the internet that there are still 30 members? Can you even provide a link? Second, I shouldn't have to tell you how much nonsense there is on the internet.

Quote:
Lastly, is my primary resource really not worth anything when they happen to be a key asset to that family? I didn't think so.

You keep talking about this "primary resource?" What is that exactly? Not that I really care because it's just anecdotal evidenece on your part.

Bottom line, if you want to go around talking a bunch of nonsense about how the Bufalino family still has 30 members and might be the most powerful in the country, that's up to you. But don't expect anyone who actually knows what's going on to believe it.

Here's the link that says it has 30 Made men http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufalino_crime_family

I could reveal my resource but I don't think they want me to. Anyways like I've said before I have family members that are connected that tell many things about what goes on the inside, I believe they would know more than the Feds. Everyone on here has said before the rats such as Henry Hill can't be trusted, so if the rats can't be trusted how can we trust the FBI if their inside sources are unreliable? Yeah there's wire taps but they don't tell everything.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572643
04/24/10 02:48 AM
04/24/10 02:48 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here's the link that says it has 30 Made men http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufalino_crime_family

If you want to be a Mafia Historian, let me give you a tip right now. Wikipedia is notorious for being a horrible source of information on organized crime. Anyone can go there and type anything. And many do.

First, that Wiki article claims law enforcement estimated 30 members in the 1990's, not today. Which is bogus either way. But even more importantly, notice how there is no external link for that claim down at the bottom of the page. It's just a number some idiot made up and has no basis in fact.

Quote:
I could reveal my resource but I don't think they want me to. Anyways like I've said before I have family members that are connected that tell many things about what goes on the inside, I believe they would know more than the Feds. Everyone on here has said before the rats such as Henry Hill can't be trusted, so if the rats can't be trusted how can we trust the FBI if their inside sources are unreliable? Yeah there's wire taps but they don't tell everything.

If I had a dollar for every time I came across somebody on an internet forum that claims to have inside knowledge.....

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572676
04/24/10 01:14 PM
04/24/10 01:14 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
I don't give a fuck rather or not you believe anything I have to say at least I know the truth whereas a lot of people on here are probably a bunch a fat-asses who do nothing but sit on the computer all day because they don't have any other life other than the Internet.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #572679
04/24/10 01:26 PM
04/24/10 01:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I don't give a fuck rather or not you believe anything I have to say at least I know the truth whereas a lot of people on here are probably a bunch a fat-asses who do nothing but sit on the computer all day because they don't have any other life other than the Internet.

And then there are people who have nothing better to do than come on internet forums, pretending to have inside information when they don't, and spreading bullshit.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572701
04/24/10 05:07 PM
04/24/10 05:07 PM
Long Island
S
SeanKavanagh Offline
Associate
SeanKavanagh  Offline
S
Associate
Long Island
Originally Posted By: SeanKavanagh

I really wouldn't consider Detroit to be one of the "large and powerful" families. Despite what some others here want to believe, it's not even a medium sized family at this point. Medium sized families would be those like Chicago, New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia which each have about 50 members. Detroit has about 30 at most and is not nearly as active as those others. And it's not even close to the five New York families, which have anywhere from 100-200 members.

You're basically spot on with everything else though. You can also add the San Jose family to the extinct list. Maybe you meant them, since San Diego didn't last past Prohibition. You can also add Cleveland, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City to the near extinction list.

San Diego = San Jose, typo lol

As for the Partnership, I know their membership is down in the 20-30 range but I'd still consider them a "stronger" family just because after the Northeast they're the second strongest family behind The Outfit.

And the other families (St. Louis, KC, Cleveland and Milwaukee) honestly didn't feel like typing for no reason just like I didn't mention the Rockford family on the extinct list lol...all good though, I'd personally put Cleveland and move them from the "near extinct" label to "on their last legs" as they seem to have actually grown in size and strength since the mid-1990s.

Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572708
04/24/10 09:37 PM
04/24/10 09:37 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

And then there are people who have nothing better to do than come on internet forums, pretending to have inside information when they don't, and spreading bullshit.

Take this beef offline. Let's keep it civil here.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Bufalino Crime Family [Re: IvyLeague] #572709
04/24/10 10:15 PM
04/24/10 10:15 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
You don't even know me you don't even know whether or not if I have inside information.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull