GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mustachepete, Big_Tuna93, CNote), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jerry Capecis Weekly articles #571977
04/16/10 08:56 AM
04/16/10 08:56 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Anyone have the full articles for this week.It sucks searching for them now that he charges to read anything in its entirety.
Thanks.

Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: Lucasi] #572006
04/16/10 12:42 PM
04/16/10 12:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Can't post it here because of copyright infringement and whatnot.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: Lucasi] #572020
04/16/10 02:14 PM
04/16/10 02:14 PM
United States
M
moolou Offline
Button
moolou  Offline
M
Button
United States
I think he posts them on the Huffington Post now:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci

I don't know whether or not they're the entire article.

Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: moolou] #572073
04/17/10 03:18 AM
04/17/10 03:18 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

They get posted every week on the Real Deal forum. Here's this weeks article -

This Week In Gang Land
April 15, 2010
By Jerry Capeci

Bingy Talks; FBI Digs Up Body

A useful mob turncoat is supposed to be able to tell you where the bodies are buried and so far, sources tell Gang Land, Anthony (Bingy) Arillota is doing a heck of a job.

Arillota, the onetime mob boss of Springfield Massachusetts, became a federal cooperator just a few of weeks ago. He has already led the feds straight to the secret last resting place of a local hood who has been missing since November 2003.

What are believed to be the mortal remains of Gary Westerman, a Springfield gangster, were found last week by teams of FBI agents after nearly five days of digging through Massachusetts mud using backhoes and other excavation equipment.

Westerman was killed just a few days before Arillotta engineered the rubout of capo Adolfo (Big Al) Bruno and took over the crime family’s rackets in the Springfield area.

Sources say that bones and other evidence of the slain hoodlum were found last week right where Arillotta said they were – buried in a wooded area behind a friend’s home off the beaten path in the town of Agawam – right across the Connecticut River from Springfield.

Arillota had good reason to recall exactly where Westerman, an ex-con, was planted: He was Bingy’s former brother in law.

Sources say Westerman’s killing was unrelated to the murder of Bruno, whose demise Arillotta supervised, allegedly for the family’s New York honchos, including then-acting boss Arthur (Little Guy) Nigro.

Gang Land’s sources declined to say whether Bingy was involved in the Westerman killing. They also would not say if it was related to a 1 AM incident several weeks before Westerman disappeared, when one or more gunmen riddled Arillotta’s Springfield home with more than 20 bullets and shot up his car. Arillotta, his wife, two children and his mother were home at the time, but escaped injury.

The August 31, 2003 shooting echoed a famous scene in the Godfather saga in which Don Michael Corleone is the target. In Corleone’s case, he gets plenty of revenge. It’s not clear what Bingy did but that morning, Arillotta – as well as his wife and mother – were questioned about the shooting. They told police they did “not know who could have done it,” according to a report by Springfield police officer David Franco.

That was in 2003 when he was still a standup guy. Not anymore.

The finding of Westerman’s remains is an important milestone for Arillotta, as well as for FBI agents investigating the Bruno slaying and the long-established but murky links between the New York leaders and the Massachusetts faction of the Genovese crime family.

“He established his credibility with that,” said one source.

As Gang Land disclosed two weeks ago, Arillotta, 41, was officially “released” from his digs at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan on March 25 so he could be unofficially debriefed by FBI agents and prosecutors about wiseguys from New York to New England.

Meanwhile, the man who allegedly hired the actual gunman in the Bruno murder for Arillotta and had been scheduled for trial in Springfield this month, Fotios (Freddy) Geas, has finally arrived in New York, where he is now slated for trial with Nigro in November.

Because of crowded conditions at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, Geas, 42, and Nigro, 65, are both housed at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn these days as prosecutors decide whether to obtain retribution for Bruno by seeking the death penalty against them.

The legal reasons for seeking capital punishment in the case seem pretty tenuous, however, and Gang Land would not be surprised if the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office decides to chuck that idea before too much time passes.

According to prosecutors Jonathan New and Mark Lanpher, Bruno was marked for death to prevent him from “providing information to law enforcement about crimes committed by members of the Genovese crime family” – a crime that is eligible for capital punishment.

But so far, there’s been no evidence offered – or even any indication – that Bruno, 57, ever had any intention to do what his successor would end up doing. But the feds say that if they can prove that Nigro and Geas murdered him because they thought he might cooperate, the men would face execution. That’s what the feds are currently considering.

It seems like a stretch. Bruno’s reputation amongst his wiseguy peers was as a solid mob citizen. And even if Bingy were to testify that he heard that Bruno was thinking of flipping, it’s hard to see a New York jury swallowing that tale from a onetime wiseguy who immediately took over Bruno’s rackets right after he had him killed.

Death Hanging Up Feds; FBI Readies Turncoats & Wife, Too

Arillotta – as noted previously – is only the fourth Genovese family mobster to become a cooperating witness. The tally of defectors from the Colombo family, on the other hand, is too long to list just at this moment.

Suffice to say that at the upcoming trial of three wiseguys charged with several murders, there are not one, not two, but three Colombo family “made men” ready, willing and able to testify, according to court papers filed in Brooklyn Federal Court. And get this: there is even a wife of a Colombo cooperator who is primed to testify for the feds.

And just as in Nigro’s two-month old case in Manhattan, the indicted Colombo mobsters – Joel (Joe Waverly) Cacace, Thomas (Tommy Shots) Gioeli, and Dino (Little Dino) Saracino – are all charged with death penalty eligible murders for which the local prosecutors have not yet made a decision, some 16 months after the charges were filed.

In the Colombo case, Judge Brian Cogan displayed a bit of displeasure and impatience with prosecutors James Gatta and Christina Posa for their inability to pull the trigger on the death penalty issue that has been in the works since December of 2008.

That’s when Cacace, who celebrated his 69th birthday last week, and Saracino, 37, were charged with the 1997 execution murder of NYPD housing cop Ralph Dols, and Gioeli, 57, was charged with the 1999 slaying of Colombo underboss William (Wild Bill) Cutolo.

The judge didn’t issue a drop dead ruling on the subject. But he strongly advised Gatta and Posa last week to make a final determination on the question by the next scheduled status conference on May 26.

One defense attorney in the case, who asked not to be named, believes prosecutors “are having a tough time because their witnesses have told so many conflicting stories” they are having a difficult time figuring out “who and what to believe.”

The Brooklyn U.S. Attorney’s office declined to comment. But two affidavits written by the lead FBI agent in the case and obtained by Gang Land seem to back up some of the defense lawyer’s assertions.

In the affidavits, FBI agent Scott Curtis states that the turncoat mobster who gave the feds the legal ammunition to charge Cacace and Saracino with the Dols killing – Joseph (Joe Caves) Competiello – initially lied about his own involvement in that slaying and still denies taking part in another murder, and a robbery, that he is charged with.

Curtis wrote that Joey Caves first admitted that he stole a car, but insisted that he had no idea it would be used in the Dols slaying. But that story changed: “Competiello later implicated himself in the murder,” wrote Curtis, adding that Joey Caves still denies taking part in the murder of Frank (Chestnut) Marasa, as well as a fur robbery that he is accused of committing in 1991 along with along with Tommy Shots.

The affidavits, filed in November, 2008, each sought court authorization for search warrants. To stress that Competiello was a credible witness despite the above facts, Curtis stated that Joey Caves had admitted four other murders and had supplied information that led to the discovery of Cutolo’s remains a month earlier.

Since then, capo Dino (Big Dino) Calabro, who was also charged with the 1991 crimes along with Gioeli and Competiello in the initial indictment, has also opted to play for the government. Calabro’s version of those crimes is unclear, but the efforts of Big Dino’s wife on behalf of her hubby and the FBI are detailed in another affidavit by Curtis.

A year ago, while Big Dino (left) was still on the fence, his wife Andrea, at the behest of the FBI, obtained photos of Dino and other Colombo cohorts from Gioeli’s wife Maureen on a pretext, and turned them over to the FBI in an effort to boost Dino’s chances of being drafted by Team America.

While on the job in Gioeli’s home for the FBI, Andrea managed to lift “an address book that was lying on the table,” wrote Curtis, who was quick to add that the sticky fingered mole acted on her own when she did that, having been instructed “only to obtain photographs…and to only obtain those photos with the consent of Gioeli’s wife.”

Tsk. Tsk. That’s one trouble with recruiting wiseguys and their spouses to work for Uncle Sam: They are not big on following the rules.

Junior Scores On 60 Minutes;
But Did He Ever Kill Anyone?

He made one major mistake, and his appearance may not trigger the seven figure movie-book deal that he’d love to land, but give credit where credit is due: In his sitdown with 60 Minutes that aired Sunday, John (Junior) Gotti was poised, polished and – dare we say it? – even somewhat sympathetic.

Gotti sounded solemn and sincere as he talked about his decision to leave his father’s business, the Mafia. He also came across as the proud family man (that’s lower case ‘family’) he has long claimed to be.

That said, he screwed up royally when he deflected a question from newsman Steve Kroft about whether he ever killed anyone. First he took a shot at the question, as though it was somehow wrong to even ask it. He then compounded the error by taking a shot at the government. “Absolutely not,” was the perfectly acceptable answer from a guy who had just insisted at trial that he was innocent of three murders.

What he did say was this: “First of all, it’s a ridiculous question. Second off, if you go by the government, who didn’t I kill?”

Gotti also fared poorly when trying to defend his father for “probably” having murdered a neighbor who killed Junior’s brother Frank in a tragic accident. His shrug at an innocent man’s death was even more questionable given his later and more credible “argument” about why and how his father, in his own mobster mind, had justified murder.

When it came to poor John Favara, who was killed on his father’s orders by eight members of his dad’s mob crew, Gotti said he “did not know for certain” that his old man had done the deed. But he agreed that “knowing John, and how he was, and how he felt about a lot of things, especially regarding his own children, probably….Knowing my father, there’s no way you’re gonna hurt one of his without him hurting you. It’s just not gonna happen.”

But on the subject of his father committing murders in general, a minute or two later in the broadcast, Gotti opined that he didn’t know if anyone could ever justify it. But he said he could give Kroft an argument, if he wanted to hear it. When Kroft answered in the affirmative, Gotti stated:

“John was a part of the streets. He swore that that was his life. He swore, ‘I’m gonna live and die by the rules of the streets. The code of the streets.’ And everybody that John’s accused of killing, or may have killed, or wanted to kill, or tried to kill, was a part of that same street. That was a part of the same world, same code. And my father always said, in his mind, ‘You break rules, you end up in a dumpster.’ ‘If I break rules,’ meaning himself, ‘they’re gonna put two in my head and put me in a dumpster. That's the way it works.’ So, am I justifying it? No, I’m explaining it.”

The only streets that John Favara and John Gotti shared were in Howard Beach, Queens, where they lived as backyard neighbors until a tragic accident, for which Favara was found not to be at fault, cost him his life.

During Kroft’s final remarks, which most likely were uttered under prompting by Gotti and his attorney to assuage any concerns that Gambino wiseguys may have about a book Junior is planning, the newsman managed to also devalue the price of any movie-book offer.

“He has been working for several years on a book about his life,” said Kroft, “but don't expect him to bad-mouth the mob or the people who were loyal to him and his father. They know where he lives and he says they were happy to let him go just like he knew they would. It’s more money for them.”

And less money for Junior.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/17/10 03:20 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: pizzaboy] #572074
04/17/10 03:22 AM
04/17/10 03:22 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Can't post it here because of copyright infringement and whatnot.

I posted one of them the other week and nobody seemed to mind.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: IvyLeague] #572077
04/17/10 08:05 AM
04/17/10 08:05 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Seems like u would be o.k. as long as you included where the article came from and who wrote it.
Or u could change a few words which is kinda plagiarizing but i dont think u would get in trouble unless u were making $$ off his article.

Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: IvyLeague] #572082
04/17/10 08:51 AM
04/17/10 08:51 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Good info, especially on the Genovese Familys Massachusetts Faction,etc.

Re: Jerry Capecis Weekly articles [Re: Lucasi] #572117
04/17/10 07:55 PM
04/17/10 07:55 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
i am looking forward to see the Colombo case put to trial and read all the tiny tidbits

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull