GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 227 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,315
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS #570591
03/26/10 08:18 AM
03/26/10 08:18 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
I am trying to compile an accurate or close as u can get list of the Detroit Familgia "Made" members who are still alive.
Can anyone tell me if Underboss Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli is deceased?I show a Zerilli buried in the same cemetary as his father named Anthony "Tony" Zerilli that died Sept 2nd 2006.Is this the same person? cant tell by the pic as he dont look the same from a pic 10 years earlier but prison ,oldage and illness can do stuff to a man.Also the bio doesnt help.
Secondly Can anyone tell me if Consigliere Anthony "Tawn" Tocco is Deceased?I show a guy that died Aug 27 2006 thats around the same age but cant tell from the bio.Can anyone 100% confirm these individuals are dead?Alot of Deceased Detroit LCN members bios say something about the mob.
Reading obituaries i am finding out just why The Detroit Partnership was so tight as they intermarried way more people together than i thought from the Toccos,Zerillis,Giacalones,Corrados,etc.It was very smart.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #570620
03/26/10 02:13 PM
03/26/10 02:13 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Zerilli was alive at least as of January of this year. So I think he still is. But he reportedly isn't Underboss anymore after being shelved. He's supposedly on Jack Tocco's shit list. Anthony Tocco is also still alive but isn't the Consigliere anymore either. The current Underboss is reportedly Joseph "Joe Hooks" Mirabile is the Underboss and Dominic "Uncle Dom" Bommarito is the Consigliere.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #570643
03/26/10 06:52 PM
03/26/10 06:52 PM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Where Can i find a list or some post about why the change in hierarchy.?I find it hard to believe that Jack would Knock his own blood out of the other 2 top spots but anything is possible.Is Anthony Zerilli out of prison now?He should be as of 2008.?He probably thinks he has a right to the Bosss seat but that isnt gonna happen unless we have some killin going down.
Thanx for the info

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #570674
03/27/10 02:38 AM
03/27/10 02:38 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Lucasi
Where Can i find a list or some post about why the change in hierarchy.?I find it hard to believe that Jack would Knock his own blood out of the other 2 top spots but anything is possible.Is Anthony Zerilli out of prison now?He should be as of 2008.?He probably thinks he has a right to the Bosss seat but that isnt gonna happen unless we have some killin going down.
Thanx for the info

It's according to the author you often quote. Tocco supposedly puts a lot of the blame for the 1996 bust on Zerilli. And yes, he's out of prison now but he's been shelved.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #570681
03/27/10 09:02 AM
03/27/10 09:02 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Well Zerilli was the one that gave permission to Nove Tocco who turned informant and his partner Paul "Big Paulie" Corrado,etc to shake down uncooperative street merchants and to use violence if neccesary and this,etc was caught on FBI wire taps buts thats crazy cause i have never heard of and Underboss being put on a shelf.Seems like he would just have demoted him to "Capo" or a "soldier"?The FBI did prove in Court though that he was "Underboss" of the Detroit Familgia.
Do u remember where u read this info that burnstein put out there about this?I have seen one of his sites which is completely outdated.
Then making Joe Mirabile Underboss?Maybe hes just a Figurehead because he was never even a Capo,etc and i see no info that shows that he was never more than Associate?.I know his father Anthony "Papa Tony" Mirabile was the familys Capo in charge of the west coast.
Now i could very well see Bommarito becoming part of the hierarchy because his family has been there since the beginning,etc.
I would have bumped up some of the Giacalones.?

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #570728
03/28/10 03:37 AM
03/28/10 03:37 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Nove Tocco tesified that Jack Tocco was actually wary of exerting the street tax. Nove said that it caused a lot of "headaches" because of the violence involved and it attracted law enforcement. Jack Tocco said that it would might be better if they just "dressed in black" once or twice a year and went out and robbed people.

Jackie Giacalone is said to be the street boss of the family who has direct oversight over all the captains. He also is said to probably the next one in line to become boss.

Here is a post from Scott on another forum regarding the Zerilli matter -

"Had some lunch with some guys today who have their ear close to the street and all the talk around local mob circles right now is how pathetic former underboss/acting boss Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli is. Since his release from the gamtax conviction in april of 2008, he's been on the outs with the entire syndicate he and his father once led. Jack Tocco blames Tony Z (his first cousin) for the whole family bustout in the 1990's and upon him getting out of the can, he pulled his stripes, demoted and then shelved him. Word is Jack is not taking Tony's calls and has told all of his troops to pay him no respect. Over the last year, Tony Z has been seen around town begging for money from anyone he can find that would maybe help him out. I know a guy who Tony Z approached in late '09 and asked him to float him 20k. The guy declined. when i asked why, he said Tony Z has no juice anymore and he knows that he would never have gotten the money back. I guess nobody will give him the time of day right now and he's living in some dinky apt out in Sterling Heights that his daughter is paying for. the situation demonstrates the lack of loyalty that exists with these guys. They can preach it to the cows come home, but rarely is it ever applied. Whats really scary, is that Tony Z should have been don of the whole syndicate. He had the job and then coughed it up with his bust in Vegas in the late-1960's. Joe Z made the right move in demoting him back then and making his nephew Jack Tocco his eventual replacement. I couldnt imagine the state of the family had Tony Z been calling all the shots that last 35 years."

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #570759
03/28/10 09:36 PM
03/28/10 09:36 PM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
I agree 100%.I could see Jack "Jackie the Kid" Giacalone being the Street Boss.
Tony Z has alot of Street cred and family backing but has made some bad moves but they could happen to anyone.
I believe he had alot to do with the bust by being recorded,etc talking mob business.
Thats still crazy as i spend alot of time in the Motorcity around gambling haunts,etc and i didnt know Tony had dropped that far especially after he did a big bit without snitching where he could have did no time if he would have cooperated but he stood up as usual and took his sentence and did it like a Man..?
I Believe 100% Jack Tocco was the right move as Boss as he has held the reigns for 30+ years and is on his way to a long run at the top like his Uncle Godfather Joe Zerilli.

Last edited by Lucasi; 04/01/10 07:59 AM. Reason: misspelling
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #570815
03/30/10 08:13 AM
03/30/10 08:13 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
I dont think Jack Tocco is right to put all the blame from the Operation Game Tax case on Tony Z.He may have been caught on tape giving underlings orders to do exactly what one of the mafias main incomes have been for a 100 years- collect Street tax but he never snitched on none of his prison bits to get out of trouble and hell Jack Tocco only did a freakin year compared to Tony Z doing 12 years+ this time at his age.
It seems like Tony Z would have enough pull to stay active at least as an earner but who knows and secondly as long as his family has been involved it would seem like he would have legitatamate business to still fall back on.?
Just dont seem right that Tony Z is one of the few wiseguys to know the true meaning of "Omerta" but supposively gets put on shelf from the posistion of "Underboss".?Wasnt his silence worth something when half these wiseguys cant do a 5 year bit without nibblin on cheese.
U know damn well the FBI wanted Jack Tocco and Tony Z could have gave him up but didnt.That could be a snake that comes back to bite Jack Tocco but i believe you know your a rat or will rat long before your put into the posistion to snitch so i dont see Tony Z doing that as a payback.
I dont think he is very good person to be part of the hierarchy anymore but i dont believe he should have been put on a shelf.Use him as a Figurehead?Secondly he probably cant associate with NO known criminals while under state/federal supervision after doing prison time.?

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #570917
03/31/10 02:16 AM
03/31/10 02:16 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Okay, so im not exactly sure what this page is (i think its part of an online game?) but i found it on a recent search on Detroit LCN and am wondering how accurate the chart & relevent photo's are. Ive definitly heard of some of them, but certainly not all of them (at least of the top of my head) Perhaps someone with more Detroit knowledge could point out wheter its an actual, factual chart or rather the screen-names of a bunch of clowns playing a game?
http://www.wantonwicked.net/pmwiki/index.php?n=Players.TheDetroitPartnership

Since the photo of soldier Dominic Fiore kinda looks like an actor i cant quite place and associate John Costa is accompanied by a picture of Johnny Depp in Donnie Brasco(really, im sure he's not that good looking) i tend to have doubts on the veracity of the whole thing. It makes for a good read though, even better if its right & the pictures are correct (allowing a little bad grammer & spelling)

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 03/31/10 02:21 AM.

(cough.)
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #570918
03/31/10 02:49 AM
03/31/10 02:49 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Also, ive heard references to a "Partinico Faction" in the Detroit LCN, the "heroin wing" of the Family (they all have one, no?) led by captain Raffaele "Jimmy Q." Quasarano & Sicilian Francesco "Frankie Fingers" Coppola.
I assume it must refer to the Sicilian township, which i guess was the breeding ground of Quaserano, Coppola & their associates spread from from California to Canada? Or at least where they sourced their drugs?
Any information & illumination would be great, since i was pretty certain that Guglielmo Vito Tocco aka Black Bill, and by proxy the entire Tocco family, came from Terrasini.

As a side note, its so interesting yet understandable how many of the US Families retain links to their old townships & traditional Sicilian recruiting grounds, like, the obvious example, the Bonanno's & Castellemare Del Golfo.
Other examples would be Sam the Plumber & his Ribera nostalgia or Angelo Bruno's Villalba.
Alot of those early bosses were inclined to prefer & promote those from the same town back on the "other side", but shrinking recruitment pools make this practice unfeasible these days, and it is common enough for American mobsters to be from all over Italy, Southern (Puglia, Basilicata, Molise, Lazio, etc) as it is for them to be from the North (Piedmont, Lomardy, Liguria, etc)

Whats really fascinating is that the Rizzuto's have managed to maintain this practice, with their Sicilian home town of Cattolica Eraclea serving as their resource pool well into the 20th century. I do, however, digress.

(cough.)
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #570922
03/31/10 08:13 AM
03/31/10 08:13 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Rafaelle "Jimmy Q" Quassarano has been considered one of the Detroit Partnerships Most valued members for years.
Capo-Rafaelle along with now deceased Peter Vitale had close ties with eastcoast mafia members and acted as the Partnerships contacts with the New York underworld.
He was the familys primary narcotic-capo.?
He married the daughter of Sicilian Mob Lord Vittorio "Don Vito" Vitale.Jimmy Q was the Partnerships Consigliere in the late 70s but was forced to giveup the posistion due to a prison sentence.
The Partnership has had alot to do with the Heroin sell/distrubution in the Motorcity,Canada,Northern Ohio,etc as every other house in certain areas in Detroit especially the East or West sides u can score Heroin as easily as buying a pack of smokes and its been that way all my life.They have helped keep it well stocked.
I know The Zerillis such as 1st Partnership Boss Joseph "Uno" Zerilli came from Terrasini,Sicily so i would assume the Toccos,etc did also but i dont know off the top off my head.
Soldier Caesar Badalamenti became one the partnerships top narcotics Capos and was the familys liasion to the local Sicilian underworld-For all accounts i believe he is still alive and paying his dues,I have found nothing saying hes deceased.?

Last edited by Lucasi; 03/31/10 08:19 AM. Reason: editing incorrect info
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #570923
03/31/10 08:36 AM
03/31/10 08:36 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
The only thing i see incorrect is a pic of Johnny Depp.Everthing else to my knowledge is on the up and up but a couple more of the pics could be B.S.?

Last edited by Lucasi; 03/31/10 08:45 AM. Reason: misspelling
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #571000
03/31/10 06:18 PM
03/31/10 06:18 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Many of those guys are indeed tied to the Detroit family, either members or associates. Not Johnny Depp though, obviously. The rankings are not all 100% correct. But Vince Meli died a few years ago. And the photo of the black guy (Frank Stevens) is actually the real life "Stacks" Edwards portrayed in Goodfellas. It seems whoever compiled this picked whatever photos they could find in some cases. But many of the pictures are correct and are from the 1996 and 2006 mob indictments in Detroit.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #571003
03/31/10 06:39 PM
03/31/10 06:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Here's a chart of the 2006 Detroit bust, from which many of those photos were taken.

Attached Files gx14vVH9-7a0b5bb834f82d3e8396f06bb6453451.jpg

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #571007
03/31/10 07:18 PM
03/31/10 07:18 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

The Partnership has had alot to do with the Heroin sell/distrubution in the Motorcity,Canada,Northern Ohio,etc as every other house in certain areas in Detroit especially the East or West sides u can score Heroin as easily as buying a pack of smokes and its been that way all my life.They have helped keep it well stocked.

Are they really still current big players in heroin in Detroit or Michigan? Not saying they may not still be involved but I think the Mexicans are the dominant player in that business now.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets/michigan.html

Heroin is widely available throughout the Detroit metropolitan area and the more densely populated areas of Michigan. Large quantities of heroin are imported from South America, Mexico and Africa. Southeast and Southwest Asian heroin is available in the metropolitan Detroit area; however, South American heroin is the most abundant. Major heroin trafficking organizations in Michigan are inner-city and Hispanic—although, Nigerian drug trafficking organizations continue to transport significant amounts of heroin into Michigan.

Mexican Cartels

NDIC Heroin

West Michigan

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lilo] #571020
03/31/10 09:34 PM
03/31/10 09:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The Detroit family has relatively little interest in narcotics. Their primary activities are gambling, loansharking, and extortion.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #571055
04/01/10 07:56 AM
04/01/10 07:56 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
The Partnership is in noway as big a drug smuggler/distrubutor as they once were but i would assume some still have their hand in the cookie jar making $$ for the BOSS from the sales of narcotics.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #571128
04/02/10 02:34 AM
04/02/10 02:34 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Ahh, thats it, exactly what i needed, that memory jog.

Gaetano "Don Tano" Badalamenti was a high ranking Sicilian mafiosi, one of three bosses comprising the Sicilian Commission, or Cupola at the time, including Stefano "Prince of Villabate" Stefano & Luciano Liggio. Don Tano in particular was deep, deep into the Heroin Trade, charged & convicted to life in the Pizza Connection trials, dying in a Massachussets prison without ever breaking omerta.

Anyway, Badalamenti had family in Detroit, an had been there himself before. He took to using a nephew, one Ceaser Badalamenti to direct the sales of heroin to mobbed up wholesalers around North America. Infact, if i remember correct, Ceaser's constant forgetting of the passwords & codes for heroin deals greatly helped investigators in wire-taps.

Dont you love that? You mention Ceaser Badalamenti & it just triggers a flood of recognition. The "Heroin Wing", of course.
This & Jimmy Q's own links to Vittorio "Don Vito" Vitale make for some pretty solid mob credentials, eh?

I almost thought that might explain the Partinico reference, but im pretty sure Badalameti was from Cinisi.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 04/02/10 02:36 AM.

(cough.)
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #571208
04/03/10 03:33 AM
04/03/10 03:33 AM
Australia
M
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Love those mugshots too. Slowly putting the names to the faces...gimme a while, though.

(cough.)
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #571217
04/03/10 08:17 AM
04/03/10 08:17 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
Only a few of those mugshots are "Made" members of the Detroit LCN.They all went down in the same bust though.By reading between the lines sounds like alot of gambling rackets happening around Greektown,Greektown casino,Independent allnight gamblin dens.
Peter "Specs" Tocco
Peter "Little Pete" Tocco-Specs son
Jack "Jackie the Kid" Giacalone
David "Ace" Aceto
Joe Messina
I think the rest of the mugshots on "IvyLeagues" post are "Associates" and probably ticket runners,etc.?

Last edited by Lucasi; 04/03/10 08:18 AM. Reason: another misspelling
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #571218
04/03/10 08:25 AM
04/03/10 08:25 AM
L
Lucasi Offline OP
Made Member
Lucasi  Offline OP
L
Made Member
I did like the mugshots.Would like to see more recent pics of other Detroit LCN or other Mafia family mugshots.Seems like the hierarchy changes everyday in the New York familys besides the Colombos.
Detroits allied with the Genovese Family,etc the last i knew.?
I believe they cast Detroits Vote on Commission stuff now that there is only so many seats.?

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #571240
04/04/10 04:22 AM
04/04/10 04:22 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Detroits allied with the Genovese Family,etc the last i knew.? I believe they cast Detroits Vote on Commission stuff now that there is only so many seats.?

Years ago the Genovese family represented Detroit on the Commission, as they did a number of other east coast families.

Today there really isn't a Commission of any kind outside New York. And even there the last known Commission meeting between representatives of the five families was about a decade ago.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #692237
01/21/13 10:55 PM
01/21/13 10:55 PM
S
slb Offline
Associate
slb  Offline
S
Associate
gaetano may have been involved, but ceasar was not..in no way, shape or form.

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #692315
01/22/13 12:22 PM
01/22/13 12:22 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Who is the leading Detroit LCN watcher here as far as current day?

F. Mazola, Esq.
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #692337
01/22/13 01:38 PM
01/22/13 01:38 PM
B
bladerkeks Offline
Button
bladerkeks  Offline
B
Button
SCOTT DEITSCHE

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: bladerkeks] #692341
01/22/13 02:05 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Originally Posted By: bladerkeks
SCOTT DEITSCHE

Scott D. is the resident expert in Tampa, Fla.
Scott Burnstein is the resident expert on the Detroit Combination. Emphasis on expert.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: bladerkeks] #692342
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
SCOTT DEITSCHE

You're right, he hardly ever comes on here though .

Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Camarel] #692344
01/22/13 02:07 PM
01/22/13 02:07 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Originally Posted By: Camarel
SCOTT DEITSCHE

You're right, he hardly ever comes on here though .

Sad, but true. He knows people on both sides of the fence in Detroit. I beleive his grandfather was involved in prohibition era liquor rackets.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: IvyLeague] #692347
01/22/13 02:16 PM
01/22/13 02:16 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Nove Tocco tesified that Jack Tocco was actually wary of exerting the street tax. Nove said that it caused a lot of "headaches" because of the violence involved and it attracted law enforcement. Jack Tocco said that it would might be better if they just "dressed in black" once or twice a year and went out and robbed people.

Jackie Giacalone is said to be the street boss of the family who has direct oversight over all the captains. He also is said to probably the next one in line to become boss.

Here is a post from Scott on another forum regarding the Zerilli matter -

"Had some lunch with some guys today who have their ear close to the street and all the talk around local mob circles right now is how pathetic former underboss/acting boss Anthony "Tony Z" Zerilli is. Since his release from the gamtax conviction in april of 2008, he's been on the outs with the entire syndicate he and his father once led. Jack Tocco blames Tony Z (his first cousin) for the whole family bustout in the 1990's and upon him getting out of the can, he pulled his stripes, demoted and then shelved him. Word is Jack is not taking Tony's calls and has told all of his troops to pay him no respect. Over the last year, Tony Z has been seen around town begging for money from anyone he can find that would maybe help him out. I know a guy who Tony Z approached in late '09 and asked him to float him 20k. The guy declined. when i asked why, he said Tony Z has no juice anymore and he knows that he would never have gotten the money back. I guess nobody will give him the time of day right now and he's living in some dinky apt out in Sterling Heights that his daughter is paying for. the situation demonstrates the lack of loyalty that exists with these guys. They can preach it to the cows come home, but rarely is it ever applied. Whats really scary, is that Tony Z should have been don of the whole syndicate. He had the job and then coughed it up with his bust in Vegas in the late-1960's. Joe Z made the right move in demoting him back then and making his nephew Jack Tocco his eventual replacement. I couldnt imagine the state of the family had Tony Z been calling all the shots that last 35 years."

It is interesting to look back at this thread, and the Tony Z situation. It makes one wonder if he would be talking about where Hoffa is, if he had not been shelved so severely (some income and respect).

BTW - when Tony Z went to jail in the late 60's, he went away with Tony Giordano (St Louis Godfather) and 2 other guys from Detroit, I believe. It later came out that the FBI got the tip about their hidden ownership in the Vegas casinos from Johnny Roselli.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: DETROIT LCN DECEASED MEMBERS [Re: Lucasi] #692366
01/22/13 03:35 PM
01/22/13 03:35 PM
NJ
F
FrankMazola Offline
Underboss
FrankMazola  Offline
F
Underboss
NJ
Okay, wow I didn't know Detroit was on the same level as DeCavalcante, Chicago and Boston as far as still being 2nd tier LCN families. That interests me. Is "Motor City Mafia" the definitive book on this family or are there better titles out there? If so, what are they?

Maybe this should be posted in books section but this is still semi relevant to the topic above and I didn't find much in the search bar. Thank you.

Last edited by FrankMazola; 01/22/13 03:36 PM.

F. Mazola, Esq.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull