GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Signor Vitelli, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,168
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,389
Posts1,059,835
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Justified #570191
03/21/10 12:48 PM
03/21/10 12:48 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Quote:

JUSTIFIED is the story of Deputy U.S. Marshal RAYLAN GIVENS (Timothy Olyphant), a true-blue hero and something of a throwback, given to wearing a Stetson and cowboy boots, carrying his sidearm in a hip holster – a weapon he only draws when he has to, and when he does, he shoots to kill, because, as he sees it, that’s the purpose of a gun.

Raylan was born and reared in the hill country of eastern Kentucky. It was in Harlan where he played ball, chased girls and dug coal. And it was from Harlan, at age 19, that he ran, determined to become a U.S. Marshal. Now, years later, after shooting a gun thug in a Miami hotel and thereby incurring the wrath of his Marshals Service superiors, Raylan has been sent in punishment (and by fate?) to the one place to which he vowed he would never return – Kentucky.

The character of Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens was created by America’s pre-eminent crime novelist Elmore Leonard (Get Shorty, Out of Sight) and is played by Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood, Live Free or Die Hard). The Chief Deputy of the Lexington U.S.M.S. office is ART MULLEN, played by Nick Searcy (Cast Away, From the Earth to the Moon). Working alongside Raylan are fellow deputies TIM GUTTERSON – played by Jacob Pitts (The Pacific) – and RACHEL BROOKS – played by Erica Tazel (Life, The Office). Raylan, Art and the other deputies do what all U.S. Marshals do – chase down fugitives, protect witnesses, transport prisoners.

But, being back in Kentucky, Raylan will also have to confront a past crowded with enough skeletons to choke a graveyard. There’s his old friend and fellow coal-miner, now fugitive bank-robber, BOYD CROWDER (Walton Goggins - The Shield). There’s AVA CROWDER (Joelle Carter - Monk, CSI: Miami), the cheerleader from his youth he always had a crush on. There’s ex-wife WINONA (Natalie Zea - Hung, Dirty Sexy Money). And, looming largest of all in Raylan’s past, there’s his career criminal father ARLO (Raymond Barry - Cold Case, Training Day).

JUSTIFIED was developed for series television by Executive Producers Graham Yost (Boomtown, The Pacific), Michael Dinner (Karen Sisco, Sons of Anarchy), Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Kidnapped) and Elmore Leonard. The series comes from FX Productions and Sony Pictures Television.

I saw the Pilot last night from my DVR. It was pretty good, had Walter Groggins (Shane from The Shield). My only complaint would be some of the dialogue was a bit long winded in order to give us backstory, but it's the pilot...

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Justified [Re: Longneck] #570194
03/21/10 01:14 PM
03/21/10 01:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Longneck,

The character was created by Elmore Leonard (my FAVORITE novelist of all-time). He also wrote GET SHORTY, OUT OF SIGHT, JACKIE BROWN (Rum Punch) and too many more novels to film to list.

Raylan Givens starred in two of Elmore's novels (PRONTO and RIDING THE RAP), and one short story (FIRE IN THE HOLE). So if you want his backstory, read them in the order that I listed them. The novels are especially well written. They take place in the Miami Beach area and center around Raylan trying to protect an old-time bookmaker on the run from the mob and from an opportunistic kidnapper. Great stuff!

I'm really excited about this show. I pm'd RonnieRocket about it over a month ago, but he never got back to me. And I thought he was a fellow Elmore Leonard fan tongue grin.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Justified [Re: pizzaboy] #570195
03/21/10 01:23 PM
03/21/10 01:23 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

I had been meaning to look into Elmore Leonard for the longest time, now I am looking but I have a hard time paying full price for a book. I've looked at Out of Sight and Swag and they are on my wish list.

Re: Justified [Re: Longneck] #570209
03/21/10 06:15 PM
03/21/10 06:15 PM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
After catching the pilot episode I think I'm goig to like this show

Re: Justified [Re: The Iceman] #571358
04/06/10 10:13 PM
04/06/10 10:13 PM
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

Couple shows in, it's not too bad but I'm not glued to the TV either. My wife has already lost interest.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull