GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Mafia101, Havana), 50 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,432
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 69 70
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564407
01/08/10 09:00 PM
01/08/10 09:00 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
But for the most part the relevant and applicable amendments in the Bill of Rights have been found to be incorporated against the States. I think that's a good thing, generally.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564408
01/08/10 09:16 PM
01/08/10 09:16 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
New Yorkers at risk of foreclosure.

Tom Vellucci Lawsuit

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564409
01/08/10 09:45 PM
01/08/10 09:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Lilo
But for the most part the relevant and applicable amendments in the Bill of Rights have been found to be incorporated against the States. I think that's a good thing, generally.

While it may be a good thing, it's entirely made up. There is no constitutional basis for incorporation. In fact, James Madison's original speech to the 1st congress in June, 1789 which was a proposal for our Bill of Rights contained language to impose the speech requirements of the 1st amendment on the states, but it was rejected by the Congress.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564410
01/08/10 10:13 PM
01/08/10 10:13 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I'm sure that the difference between a semi-automatic and an automatic weapon made a huge difference to the 40+ victims at Virginia Tech and Columbine. I believe that semiautomatic weapons, purchased legally, were used in both massacres. Do you think they found those weapons to be fun?? Or the eight year old boy who accidentally killed himself at a gun show this past October when he lost control of the Uzi they let him try. I'm sure that was FUN!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564411
01/08/10 11:23 PM
01/08/10 11:23 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Or the eight year old boy who accidentally killed himself at a gun show this past October when he lost control of the Uzi they let him try. I'm sure that was FUN!

Why did they have bullets in the gun to begin with? That was stupidity on the gun vendors/parents parts. Everytime the Col has looked at a gun the gun owner/sales person has always looked in the chamber to make sure there was no ammo in it.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564412
01/08/10 11:33 PM
01/08/10 11:33 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
I'm sure that the difference between a semi-automatic and an automatic weapon made a huge difference to the 40+ victims at Virginia Tech and Columbine. I believe that semiautomatic weapons, purchased legally, were used in both massacres. Do you think they found those weapons to be fun?? Or the eight year old boy who accidentally killed himself at a gun show this past October when he lost control of the Uzi they let him try. I'm sure that was FUN!

i have no idea why they sell those guns...the only ones that should have anything near that would be swat or the armed forces...regular citizens should just be able to have hand guns (pistols, magnums) and hunting rifles.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: BAM_233] #564415
01/09/10 03:44 AM
01/09/10 03:44 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

You kidding me??

Look, I'm ALL for airport security for obvious reasons -- but to make a big stink over someone walking a shortcut cuz security WASN'T THERE -- and not blaming it on security but some student??? Give me a break!!

But, at least now we know my former residence isn't really pronounced Piss-the-cat-away -- close, tho! wink Piscataway (pihs-KAT'-uh-way)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: olivant] #564417
01/09/10 05:43 AM
01/09/10 05:43 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: olivant

While it may be a good thing, it's entirely made up. There is no constitutional basis for incorporation. In fact, James Madison's original speech to the 1st congress in June, 1789 which was a proposal for our Bill of Rights contained language to impose the speech requirements of the 1st amendment on the states, but it was rejected by the Congress.

The constitutional basis for incorporation is the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Lilo] #564422
01/09/10 11:54 AM
01/09/10 11:54 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: olivant

The constitutional basis for incorporation is the Due Process clause of the 14th Amendment.

That is the basis that is used. However, that use eschews the original intent of the amendment's framers and ratifiers.

Last edited by olivant; 01/09/10 11:55 AM.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564425
01/09/10 12:07 PM
01/09/10 12:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Mignon
Or the eight year old boy who accidentally killed himself at a gun show this past October when he lost control of the Uzi they let him try. I'm sure that was FUN!

Why did they have bullets in the gun to begin with? That was stupidity on the gun vendors/parents parts. Everytime the Col has looked at a gun the gun owner/sales person has always looked in the chamber to make sure there was no ammo in it.

You're selectively answering the questions, Mig. Babe asked you a two part question, yet you conveniently answered only one, so I'll ask you.

What about Columbine? What about Virginia Tech?

If Becky were there and, God forbid, she was killed, would the fact that she was killed by a LEGAL AUTOMATIC WEAPON still be outweighed by the fact that they're "fun to shoot"?

Fatherson made a very astute post about the different cultures in the United States and guns being part of people's lives in rural areas. I agree 100%. I vacationed in upstate New York all throughout my childhood, and as a teenager, yes, shooting a rifle or a shotgun up in the Catskills was a thrill; a right of passage. I'm a meat eater. I fully support hunters, as long as they're hunting for food and not for the "thrill of the kill."

That said, there isn't a single, solitary reason why assault weapons should be legal. Not one. They're sole purpose is the kill the most people in the least amount of time. Great for a war, but INSANE for John Q. Public (or Jane in your case) to own because "they're fun to shoot."

The truth is, if the weapons at the aforementioned college campuses hadn't been automatic, most of those young people would still be alive today. So why don't you write a letter to their parents telling them how much fun you and the Colonel have in the backyard shooting at trees. I'm sure they'll understand rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564426
01/09/10 12:24 PM
01/09/10 12:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Additionally, he wasn't LOOKING at the gun, he was shooting it. It was perfectly legal for this child to shoot a gun like that as long as he is supervised by an instructor and has a parent's permission.

How absurd is that? Can an eight year old buy liquor? Cigarettes? Drive a car? That's all illegal. However, feel free to let him shoot an Uzi.

I love people who want to legislate who I can marry, whether I can have an abortion or not, but don't you dare legislate this deadly weapon I want to own.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564429
01/09/10 12:51 PM
01/09/10 12:51 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
There are two perspectives from which we debate this issue both of which have been expressed on this Board: emotional or practical, and Constitutional. PB and SB ask why anyone wants or needs an automatic weapon. Good question. Mig asks why should anyone have to explain why they want one. Good question too. Having fired an automatic weapon counteless times I can understand how some people might get a thrill from it. On the other hand, I also understand how dangerous they can be even in the right hands. I think it's reasonable for we citizens to have our state and federal governments constrain their availability and use. As I've stated above, I don't think the framers and ratifiers of the 2nd amendment would countenance the unabridged keeping and bearing of arms of any type. As PB has pointed out, it was a different world back then and the individuals who occupied it back then did not have the firepower available to them to wreak havoc upon their world with a firearm as they do have today. We must take that into account.

Last edited by olivant; 01/09/10 12:52 PM.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564433
01/09/10 02:04 PM
01/09/10 02:04 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're selectively answering the questions, Mig. Babe asked you a two part question, yet you conveniently answered only one, so I'll ask you.

What about Columbine? What about Virginia Tech?

The shootings that happened at those schools were tragic to say the least. IMO those sick bastards could've used any kind of gun and people would've lost their lives. I agree with you guys to a point. I think there needs to be a better checking system on who can buy these types of weapons. If they have a shady background etc then hell no they shouldn't be able to buy one. But what is wrong with me/Col/anyone else who just use it(not in my yard) rolleyes but on a target range just to shoot? Who are we hurting?

If Becky were there and, God forbid, she was killed, would the fact that she was killed by a LEGAL AUTOMATIC WEAPON still be outweighed by the fact that they're "fun to shoot"?

God forbid if Bec was killed at that school she would not want us to give up our guns. She believes in guns and gun rights and she has one of her own and her hubby does also. She likes to shoot our AK & AR all 3 of my kids do.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #564434
01/09/10 02:14 PM
01/09/10 02:14 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
How absurd is that? Can an eight year old buy liquor? Cigarettes? Drive a car? That's all illegal. However, feel free to let him shoot an Uzi.

If a 8 year old is mature enough to repect the gun take a gun safety course then yes he/she should be able to hunt/target practice whatever. In some of the Col's hunting magazines you see the kids that hunt. When my youngest took his safety course there were kids younger than him in the class there were more girls than boys in the class and there were more kids than adults.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564435
01/09/10 02:23 PM
01/09/10 02:23 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
In some of the Col's hunting magazines you see the kids that hunt. When my youngest took his safety course there were kids younger than him in the class there were more girls than boys in the class and there were more kids than adults.

A perfect example of why cousins shouldn't procreate.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564436
01/09/10 02:30 PM
01/09/10 02:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

God forbid if Bec was killed at that school she would not want us to give up our guns. She believes in guns and gun rights and she has one of her own and her hubby does also. She likes to shoot our AK & AR all 3 of my kids do.

There's no hope for you, Mig.

It's tragic, but I do understand. You grew up in a culture that stressed guns and moonshine as opposed to education and literacy. It's not your fault.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: SC] #564437
01/09/10 02:33 PM
01/09/10 02:33 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC
In some of the Col's hunting magazines you see the kids that hunt. When my youngest took his safety course there were kids younger than him in the class there were more girls than boys in the class and there were more kids than adults.

You don't want to confuse her, SC.

From Merriam-Webster (that's a dictionary, y'all):

Procreate: To beget or bring forth offspring.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: SC] #564440
01/09/10 03:34 PM
01/09/10 03:34 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
lol

Seriously, I can't breathe. LMFAO!

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564441
01/09/10 03:35 PM
01/09/10 03:35 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

It's tragic, but I do understand. You grew up in a culture that stressed guns and moonshine as opposed to education and literacy. It's not your fault.

I hope you are just joking cuz I did not grow up in that culture. I married into it. I will have you know that I am fucking proud of the Col's family and where they are from. There is nothing wrong with being a hillbilly from KY or WVA or anywhere else on this fucking planet. I am so sorry that we weren't privileged enough to be brought up in NY where the educated people are from. mad mad

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564442
01/09/10 03:39 PM
01/09/10 03:39 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: SC

You don't want to confuse her, SC.

From Merriam-Webster (that's a dictionary, y'all):

Procreate: To beget or bring forth offspring.

Why thank ye for the book learin today.What are you gonna learn us uneducated hilbillies tomorrow? I guess now I can go fix a mess of road kill stew for my inbread kin folks. mad

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564444
01/09/10 04:04 PM
01/09/10 04:04 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Hmmm.... What have I wandered into?

Them's fightin' words!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564445
01/09/10 04:06 PM
01/09/10 04:06 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Don't be insulting other members, PB (and anyone for that matter)! It's uncalled for. Her opinion is no more valid or invalid as yours -- they're just different. You'd think a big city boy like yourself would've learned something called tolerance and respect for cultural differences.

Don't listen to them, Mig.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #564447
01/09/10 04:34 PM
01/09/10 04:34 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Mig
What are you gonna learn us uneducated hilbillies tomorrow
That it's "teach" in the context you're wanting to use it. tongue

1/2 J/K

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564448
01/09/10 04:41 PM
01/09/10 04:41 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I hope you are just joking cuz I did not grow up in that culture. I married into it. I will have you know that I am fucking proud of the Col's family and where they are from. There is nothing wrong with being a hillbilly from KY or WVA or anywhere else on this fucking planet. I am so sorry that we weren't privileged enough to be brought up in NY where the educated people are from. mad mad

Don't be upset Mig. Not all of us New Yawkers feel that way about those who grew up in your neck of the woods. Especially about you!

PB, I know that Geoff has addressed what you posted. However I must add my 2 cents.

If you were serious in what you posted, then I must be very frank with you when I say that you, of all people, really surprise me confused frown in insinuating that Mig and her family are uneducated and illiterate. I think that you would feel very different about her and her family had you shown up to just one of the get togethers that you said you would be coming to.

I hope that like SC, you were only kidding. And if so then I apologize in advance.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: J Geoff] #564449
01/09/10 04:42 PM
01/09/10 04:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Don't be insulting other members, PB (and anyone for that matter)! It's uncalled for. Her opinion is no more valid or invalid as yours -- they're just different. You'd think a big city boy like yourself would've learned something called tolerance and respect for cultural differences.

I honestly don't feel that I didn't insult her, Geoff. Please re-read my post.

I went out of my way to say that her opinions were formed as a byproduct of the culture that she grew up in (or married into). I said I understand. I said it's not her fault. I think that's the very defintion of tolerance.

And the truth is, the "Big City Boy" remark is kind of condascending. But you're the boss.

"And I want everyone here to know -- there's not gonna be no trouble from me!"

Quick, what movie? tongue

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #564450
01/09/10 04:44 PM
01/09/10 04:44 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Originally Posted By: Mig
What are you gonna learn us uneducated hilbillies tomorrow
That it's "teach" in the context you're wanting to use it. tongue

1/2 J/K

This from someone who comes from a part of the world where some ask if you would like
"A Spot of tea?" lol Always wondered WTF a "SPOT of tea" really was!!

1/2 J/K

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Don Cardi] #564455
01/09/10 06:23 PM
01/09/10 06:23 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Damn. smile

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: bogey] #564456
01/09/10 06:24 PM
01/09/10 06:24 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
.. Boobies!!

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: pizzaboy] #564460
01/09/10 07:06 PM
01/09/10 07:06 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I honestly don't feel that I didn't insult her, Geoff.

But I was insulted. But hey,no worries I'll share a plate of tangle guts with you when they come out in the spring.

Re: Random Post Whoring (2010) [Re: Mignon] #564470
01/09/10 09:33 PM
01/09/10 09:33 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I just heard a 6.5 earthquake just struck Northern California, 22 miles west of Ferndale. eek I don't know where exactly Ferndale is but that's a pretty good size quake. Blib, you're in NoCal, are you ok? Are in in the vicinity?

TIS

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34785860/ns/us_news-life/

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Page 4 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 69 70

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull