GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (lucky_bugs, mobcleve, CNote, 1 invisible), 242 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,845
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,308
Posts1,058,346
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566063
01/25/10 10:27 PM
01/25/10 10:27 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Santino, if one hand claps in the forest, does a tree fall?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: MaryCas] #566109
01/26/10 03:56 PM
01/26/10 03:56 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566110
01/26/10 04:01 PM
01/26/10 04:01 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
If two forests fall in a clap, do five trees sleep under snow?

As.
Much.
Sense.
Making.

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566148
01/27/10 05:56 AM
01/27/10 05:56 AM
Netherlands
M.M. Floors Offline
Underboss
M.M. Floors  Offline
Underboss
Netherlands
I didn't read all the stuff, just the last page. I see some interesting things going on. The posts of Capo and Santino are opposed to each other, but both make very clear how they 'see things' without flaming (or too much flaming).

Personally I don't believe in a God. The only person I believe in is myself. I'm the one who's responsible for my actions and for the things that happen/occur to me. For me there is always a logical reason for things that happen.

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: M.M. Floors] #566173
01/27/10 04:08 PM
01/27/10 04:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: M.M. Floors
I didn't read all the stuff, just the last page. I see some interesting things going on. The posts of Capo and Santino are opposed to each other, but both make very clear how they 'see things' without flaming (or too much flaming).

Personally I don't believe in a God. The only person I believe in is myself. I'm the one who's responsible for my actions and for the things that happen/occur to me. For me there is always a logical reason for things that happen.

I agree Floors. However, I have an abiding respect for people who do believe in God and who are religious as long as that belief and that religiousness doesn't result in physical or mental harm to others (as those terms are usually understood). Some of the content of a couple of Board members posts on this subject have been replete with vitriole that betrays a deep wound somewhere along their life's line.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: olivant] #566177
01/27/10 04:31 PM
01/27/10 04:31 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Would the endorsement of irrational superstition come under "mental harm", or would "mental deficiency" be a better term?

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #566179
01/27/10 04:37 PM
01/27/10 04:37 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
'Vant, whose posts on this subject have been replete with vitriol that betrays a deep wound somewhere along their life's line?

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #630583
01/19/12 07:41 PM
01/19/12 07:41 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

No i don't believe in god.

Bump..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #630593
01/19/12 08:28 PM
01/19/12 08:28 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
I absolutely believe in God and His Son, my Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ. Through Him all things are possible. I am a very blessed man with a beautiful wife, two great kids, a job that I love and a terrific home. Of course I wish he would have blessed me with a better metabolism - I could lose some weight! wink

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: olivant] #710433
04/13/13 11:12 PM
04/13/13 11:12 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: M.M. Floors

I agree Floors. However, I have an abiding respect for people who do believe in God and who are religious as long as that belief and that religiousness doesn't result in physical or mental harm to others (as those terms are usually understood). Some of the content of a couple of Board members posts on this subject have been replete with vitriole that betrays a deep wound somewhere along their life's line.

Oli, I wouldn't have said it any better myself! Especially the "replete with vitriole" kicker! Just trying to help so you don't waste time with bashing the believer about how harmful religion is with vitriole!

Last edited by EastHarlemItal; 04/13/13 11:12 PM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710469
04/14/13 10:03 AM
04/14/13 10:03 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I don't believe in a God or an afterlife, though I am open to being wrong on the subject. I used to be a believer, but like most (if not all) believers, I believed simply because I had never considered that there might be an altenative. There is an alternative, and it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

I could never put it as eloquently as Capo (whom I miss and wish would visit these boards more often), but there are just too many contradictions, too many inconsistencies, and too much hate and intolerance for me to ever consider religion again. Plus, it is far more likely that there is no God, and if there is a God, He isn't the omnibenevolent, omnicompetent, omniscient God that Christians believe He is.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #710480
04/14/13 10:33 AM
04/14/13 10:33 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
As they say "you got to believe" and just curious on why you think there's more probability there not being a God?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710485
04/14/13 11:21 AM
04/14/13 11:21 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
As they say "you got to believe" and just curious on why you think there's more probability there not being a God?

There are countless reasons, but I'll name a few.

The problem of evil. There are a few examples, but I will focus on Draper's evidential problem of gratuitous evil.

1. Gratuitous evils exist.
2. The hypothesis of indifference, i.e., that if there are supernatural beings they are indifferent to gratuitous evils, is a better explanation for (1) than theism.
3. Therefore, evidence prefers that no god, as commonly understood by theists, exists.

Now, free will dictates we can do what we want, and some people do some pretty horrific things. I understand that. But the problem is with gratuitous evil. Take the Holocaust, for example. I understand that some bad things must happen in order for us to truly understand and appreciate what is good. But when is enough enough? What can we possibly learn from the extermination of 6 million Jews that couldn't have been learned by the extermination of a small percent of that? You don't think an omnibenevolent God could have intervened at some point and stopped it? What it tells me is that if there is a God, He either has the power to stop these things and chooses not to, or he is an omnibenevolent God, but doesn't have the power to stop it. The more likely scenario, however, is God doesn't exist.

Some may argue that God is a "hidden God" and therefore can't make any sort of overt contact with his followers, because faith is believing without knowing. You have the choice to believe, and God showing Himself to His followers takes that option away. But a hidden God isn't possible either. There are countless examples in the Bible itself that prove that God isn't averse to showing Himself. Exodus, Chapter 14, the parting of the Red Sea, for example.

Want an example from the New Testament? Matthew, Chapter 17:

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"

Clearly, God doesn't want to hide. So why is God hiding today? Simple, the Bible is a collection of stories created by MAN, and God probably doesn't exist.

Last edited by XDCX; 04/14/13 12:45 PM. Reason: opinion, not fact

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #710487
04/14/13 11:33 AM
04/14/13 11:33 AM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
If God doesn't exist like you state here as fact that's fine if that is your stance. However don't take the tone nor stance that I have to abide by your word or single example. If that's your belief than I commend you for it, however your conviction and the way you express yourself tells me your need to spread this belief. However, me personally I have other beliefs which obviously don't align with yours. I understand this is an open forum, however you were responding to my post. So in other words I appreciate your stance but I'm not budging.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710490
04/14/13 11:58 AM
04/14/13 11:58 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
If God doesn't exist like you state here as fact that's fine if that is your stance. However don't take the tone nor stance that I have to abide by your word or single example. If that's your belief than I commend you for it, however your conviction and the way you express yourself tells me your need to spread this belief. However, me personally I have other beliefs which obviously don't align with yours. I understand this is an open forum, however you were responding to my post. So in other words I appreciate your stance but I'm not budging.

Thank you EHI. This is the best argument for not participating in these debates. You are saying exactly what most think .... "I have my own beliefs and whatever you say or do won't change them".

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710491
04/14/13 12:02 PM
04/14/13 12:02 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

confused

What tone? I never said (or implied) that you have to abide by my word. You asked why I think it is more likely that God doesn't exist than He does. I told you why, and gave you examples. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't force what I believe on others, but will answer when asked, so pipe down with the attitude.

Last edited by XDCX; 04/14/13 12:04 PM.

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: XDCX] #710494
04/14/13 12:12 PM
04/14/13 12:12 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: XDCX

What tone? ......... so pipe down with the attitude.

lol maybe that one! lol

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: fathersson] #710495
04/14/13 12:18 PM
04/14/13 12:18 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: fathersson

lol maybe that one! lol

Yes, that would be the attitude. And also the line "their is no God" which is purely your opinion and you stated as fact.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710497
04/14/13 12:22 PM
04/14/13 12:22 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

lol maybe that one! lol

Yes, that would be the attitude. And also the line "their is no God" which is purely your opinion and you stated as fact.

It is CLEARLY my opinion. I was unaware that I had to put "in my opinion" after everything I said. I would have assumed that would be clear. Clearly, I was mistaken.

SO, to clarify, in my most humble of opinions, God does not exist, for the reasons stated above (which are not facts).

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #710499
04/14/13 12:23 PM
04/14/13 12:23 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Drama? Really?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710502
04/14/13 12:28 PM
04/14/13 12:28 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I though it needed a flair. wink

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710504
04/14/13 12:54 PM
04/14/13 12:54 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

lol maybe that one! lol

To be honest, that tone came later. And it´s understandable, in my opinion. East, it seems as if you know exactly what buttons to push. Is it pure coincidence that you seem to be right in the middle of most of the fracas around here? Or are you just an agitator, provoking people for your own satisfaction? What will you do when people stop responding to your posts? No offense but If ever visiting London, make sure to give Speaker´s corner in Hyde Park a shot.

If the mods find this post offensive, they may give me a vaccation. It´s worth it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #710507
04/14/13 01:05 PM
04/14/13 01:05 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Participating in topic generally puts one in the middle of the "fracas". And since I'm here to often I guess that puts me in more than your comfortable with. When people stop responding to me I will talk to myself I guess! And no offense taken! Don't take offense to this, I would like to see London for many reason. However I'm more into tropical weather and beaches!

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710511
04/14/13 01:22 PM
04/14/13 01:22 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
You certainly have a knack of rubbing people the wrong way. It does not suit you and your definition of God's righteousness that you so passionately seem to defend.

[Linked Image]
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #710512
04/14/13 01:28 PM
04/14/13 01:28 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
You certainly have a knack of rubbing people the wrong way. It does not suit you and your definition of God's righteousness that you so passionately seem to defend.

I'm simply participating in a discussion. Things get passionate when sides disagree. And your a hypocrite plain and simple

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #710516
04/14/13 01:56 PM
04/14/13 01:56 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'm simply participating in a discussion. Things get passionate when sides disagree. And your a hypocrite plain and simple

What is plain and simple is the boot on your ass out of here. It's long overdue despite many warnings.

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: SC] #710519
04/14/13 02:06 PM
04/14/13 02:06 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: SC

What is plain and simple is the boot on your ass out of here. It's long overdue despite many warnings.

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Seriously, all I did was answer the question that he asked me, an all of a sudden, I have a "tone", and I'm trying to force my ideas on him. Don't ask the questions if you can't handle the answers.

Good riddance!

Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: Danito] #710528
04/14/13 03:34 PM
04/14/13 03:34 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Why EastHarlemItal Why..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: XDCX] #710531
04/14/13 03:38 PM
04/14/13 03:38 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

lol maybe that one! lol

I knew it was only a matter of time.

Seriously, all I did was answer the question that he asked me, an all of a sudden, I have a "tone", and I'm trying to force my ideas on him. Don't ask the questions if you can't handle the answers.

Good riddance!

Seems like it took two to tangle and maybe you weren't so innocent! rolleyes

and the addition of: Good riddance! shows it. You both are to blame as I see it.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Do you believe in (a) God? [Re: fathersson] #710532
04/14/13 03:46 PM
04/14/13 03:46 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Seems like it took two to tangle and maybe you weren't so innocent! rolleyes

and the addition of: Good riddance! shows it. You both are to blame as I see it.

This from the shit-stirrer of all shit-stirrers. ohwell

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull