GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (joepuzzles234, Malavita, 2 invisible), 263 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,342
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" #560745
11/19/09 12:28 PM
11/19/09 12:28 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
This is a condensed version of what happened on last week's episode. In a nutshell, Michael Richards thinks he has Groates disease and Larry refers him to someone he knows who also has the disease. Unbeknownst to Larry, the person died from Groates two months earlier. So Larry, not wanting Michael to stress out, has his another friend (Leon) pretend to have Groates.

With all things that happen to Larry, it goes horribly (and hilariously) wrong. In fact, they even tackle the issue of Michael Richards' infamous racial slur from a few years ago.

Warning: adult language

Leon's hat cures Groates

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: goombah] #560748
11/19/09 12:35 PM
11/19/09 12:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Bar Mitz Fuddd!!! lol clap

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: pizzaboy] #561104
11/24/09 09:57 PM
11/24/09 09:57 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
can't wait to see it. it should be going on here about october of 2010 though...

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: Tony Mosrite] #561574
12/03/09 04:12 PM
12/03/09 04:12 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
While it wasn't the end-all, be-all I was hoping for, the "Seinfeld" reunion on Curb was pretty, pretty, pretty, good. The plot for the actual Seinfeld episode was much better than the lame series finale of Seinfeld . They made the plot current - George lost a ton of money to Madoff's ponzi scheme.

Not the best season of Curb compared to prior years, but still better than anything else on tv IMO.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: goombah] #561576
12/03/09 04:21 PM
12/03/09 04:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I liked it, Goombah. A lot. But I would have preferred to see George clearly end up being George (no hope, no job, no money, etc.)

I don't even want to live with the possibility of Costanza being happy lol.

Oh, and by the way, Jason Alexander really owes the casting directors a great deal. When the show was on, this short, fat, slow witted, bald man, dated nothing but knockouts. And in the reunion, he gets to play off of Cheryl Hines and Elizabeth Shue, both clearly out of his league.

Sorry, I've had an "Adventures In Babysitting" fantasy since 1987 lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: pizzaboy] #561583
12/03/09 04:51 PM
12/03/09 04:51 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I thought it was great because they went in and out of character so easily. I loved the scenes where the Seinfeld cast were playing themselves, and they bad mouthed the show's final episode, Julia Louis-Dreyfus getting angry at Larry for messing with her kids, and Michael Richards with the African -American saying "it been four years...aren't you ever going to forgive me?"

In all it was a show about nothing that had a former show about nothing being celebrated. Brilliant stuff.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: goombah] #561613
12/04/09 01:03 AM
12/04/09 01:03 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Originally Posted By: goombah
The plot for the actual Seinfeld episode was much better than the lame series finale of Seinfeld .

You thought the series finale for Seinfeld was lame? I thought it was fitting. I can't imagine how you can properly end the show in any way funnier than a regular episode, so I thought bringing back many of the people who got screwed over by the shows characters was a good way to end it. Especially with them all in jail for treating people like garbage. They were, afterall, a group of greedy characters worried only about themselves.

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 12/04/09 01:04 AM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: Blibbleblabble] #561623
12/04/09 01:59 AM
12/04/09 01:59 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Especially with them all in jail for treating people like garbage. They were, afterall, a group of greedy characters worried only about themselves.

One of the funny things about Seifeld was that we liked the 4 characters, all of whom were self-absorbed, egotistical, selfish and obnoxious.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: klydon1] #561627
12/04/09 03:40 AM
12/04/09 03:40 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: klydon1
One of the funny things about Seifeld was that we liked the 4 characters, all of whom were self-absorbed, egotistical, selfish and obnoxious.

Uh oh.... I can relate on all four of those points. ohwell

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: SC] #561632
12/04/09 09:28 AM
12/04/09 09:28 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
what's so wrong with the finale?

I liked it as far as it goes; imagine how hard it must be to come up with something worth of the "final episode" hype.

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: Tony Mosrite] #561638
12/04/09 11:14 AM
12/04/09 11:14 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I didn't particularly care for the final episode. It seemed too crammed as it tried to squeeze in every character and reference to past shows as possible. Frankly, I think they should have avoided a special finale. Because the show was about nothing, it should have remained true to its nature, and given us an original regular episode that maybe was an hour.

Too often shows seek to make a big splash with a grand finale, and end up departing from the true roots and essence of the show. "Roseanne" comes to mind. A finale that I thought was well done was The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: dontomasso] #561641
12/04/09 11:34 AM
12/04/09 11:34 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline OP
goombah  Offline OP

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I thought it was great because they went in and out of character so easily. I loved the scenes where the Seinfeld cast were playing themselves, and they bad mouthed the show's final episode, Julia Louis-Dreyfus getting angry at Larry for messing with her kids, and Michael Richards with the African -American saying "it been four years...aren't you ever going to forgive me?"

Agreed. The in and out of character stuff was great. The reunion occurring on Curb was far better than had it been on network TV. Larry's a good sport for taking the ribbing from the other Seinfeld characters about the criticism of the Seinfeld finale. Even moreso, Michael Richards allowing Larry to broach the subject of his racial tirade on Curb was amazing.

The last Seinfeld was anything but a regular episode. It was 90 minutes, had all that crap with Gerald Rivera in it, etc. If it was just them getting arrested and seeing all the characters in the courtroom, it would have been much better in the 22 minute sit-come format.

I agree Pizzaboy - George being happy seems impossible. Much like Larry! lol While Cheryl and Elizabeth Shue were way out of his league, so were many of the women he dated on Seinfeld. For that matter, many of Jerry's women were far too beautiful for him. Then again, Jerry also had the money to attract women that George never had.

I will always hold the gold standard of series finales to be "Cheers." While it was longer than a typical episode, the plot all tied into that particular season and the characters were all themselves. The ending where all of the characters were being philosophical about the meaning of life was superb. Probably the only other finales that were really good were "Newhart" and "Frasier." The Newhart thing where it related back to the original Bob Newhart Show was brilliant.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: goombah] #561646
12/04/09 11:55 AM
12/04/09 11:55 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: goombah

I will always hold the gold standard of series finales to be "Cheers." While it was longer than a typical episode, the plot all tied into that particular season and the characters were all themselves. The ending where all of the characters were being philosophical about the meaning of life was superb. Probably the only other finales that were really good were "Newhart" and "Frasier." The Newhart thing where it related back to the original Bob Newhart Show was brilliant.

I agree that Cheers was very good. It was a nice moment when Sam closed the bar for the night with a little reference to coach. "All in the Family" was a nice send-off too when Archie had to say goodbye to Meathead and Gloria, who were moving to California.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: klydon1] #561651
12/04/09 12:24 PM
12/04/09 12:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
"Cheers" is my favorite sitcom of all time. I have the whole series on dvd (unfortunately there are no dvd "extras," being that the show was filmed prior to the birth of the dvd).

Anyway, "Cheers" had a wonderful extended finale. I think it was 90 minutes. But for me, the best finale ever was "Everybody Loves Raymond," because it was just a regular 30 minute episode. Nothing earth-shattering happened. No one moved away. Life just went on. It ended with the whole family sitting around the breakfast table, bickering in their usual loving way. Good times.

Klyd, the "All in the Family" would have been a lot more powerful if they didn't bother with "Archie Bunker's Place" for an additional 4 years after it was cancelled. That show sucked.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: pizzaboy] #561702
12/04/09 10:11 PM
12/04/09 10:11 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But for me, the best finale ever was "Everybody Loves Raymond," because it was just a regular 30 minute episode. Nothing earth-shattering happened. No one moved away. Life just went on. It ended with the whole family sitting around the breakfast table, bickering in their usual loving way. Good times.

Klyd, the "All in the Family" would have been a lot more powerful if they didn't bother with "Archie Bunker's Place" for an additional 4 years after it was cancelled. That show sucked.

I agree. I thought Raymond was a great show with terrific characters. More shows should end the way that did.

What was funny about"Archie Bunker's Place" was that during "All in the Family" arroll O'Connor was the actor always talking about leaving, and he missed a few episodes as he negotiated a pay raise. In the end he hung on, but the others had had enough.

Re: Seinfeld reunion on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" [Re: klydon1] #561703
12/04/09 10:30 PM
12/04/09 10:30 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I guess Seinfeld ended keeping in touch with what the series was about..."nothing". Who would have ever thought a show about nothing we be so good? I didn't watch the series until a couple years into it. It took a few viewings before I really liked it.

Probably one of the best series finales was Newhart though. The ending, I think, surprised everyone. A very clever idea. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull