GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ciment, CleanBandit, 1 invisible), 287 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: olivant] #560362
11/15/09 11:46 PM
11/15/09 11:46 PM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
Of course you don't have to be middle eastern to be a terrorist. Timothy McVeigh was Irish-American and he murdered all those people in Oklahoma. So, for sure you don't have to be arab. We've had terrorists of all different kinds of races. However, there's a lot of terrorists groups in the arab world, and they hate us Americans due to the fact we support Israel, and gave Israel back to the Jewish People many years ago. Anybody who isn't of their religion is considered an infidel and must be killed. That's the way these arab extremists think.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: olivant] #560370
11/16/09 07:36 AM
11/16/09 07:36 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: olivant
Look, it's pretty simple. Mig's statement about 72 virgins was probably intended to be facetious.

I was making a joke that's all. So people chill out!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: Mignon] #560418
11/16/09 01:58 PM
11/16/09 01:58 PM
Bath, UK
Wiseguy_1872 Offline
Underboss
Wiseguy_1872  Offline
Underboss
Bath, UK
You may not agree with Capo's views on a great many issues; indeed, I often disagree myself.

Nonetheless, few other members have his courage in swimming against the tide of opinion. This sometimes means expressing oneself in forceful terms.

Perhaps people should follow their own advice.
What's the phrase?

If you don't like certain topics or particular members, please ignore them.

I'm not sure how suspending someone for two days is compatible with that.

As I've promised not to involve myself in any political threads, I won't comment further.

Last edited by Wiseguy_1872; 11/16/09 01:59 PM.
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: Wiseguy_1872] #560453
11/16/09 05:12 PM
11/16/09 05:12 PM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
Originally Posted By: Wiseguy_1872

If you don't like certain topics or particular members, please ignore them.

I'm not sure how suspending someone for two days is compatible with that.

As I've promised not to involve myself in any political threads, I won't comment further.

I wouldn't get involved too much.

When it comes to political beliefs some people just don't know how to agree to disagree, and they want to fight instead. Like what capo was doing.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560470
11/16/09 09:01 PM
11/16/09 09:01 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone / "swimming against the tide" / expressing oneself in "forceful terms" vs personally attacking someone / insulting people / calling them names. A HUGE difference.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: J Geoff] #560565
11/17/09 05:43 PM
11/17/09 05:43 PM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
I agree Geoff..

I believe the reason arab extremists hate Israel (and It's American suporters) is 'cause we represent freedom, democracy, oppenness, freedom of speach, freedom of religion and womens rights. And these are things that they don't believe in at all. Even if America abandoned Israel these haters would still not stop hating us because we're a free society. Sometimes I wish we were not as free as we are because these haters have a real easy chance on moving here and getting a pilots licence like the 9-11 attacker mohamed atta got before he did what he did. Now we found out that Hasan was hooked up with a terrorist group. Why didn't they kick him out when they first found out about his arab supremacist beliefs before? Well, I think because he was arab. Political correctness is for sure what killed those soldiers in Ft Hood because if he was white he would've got a dishonorable discharge a long time ago.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560578
11/17/09 07:57 PM
11/17/09 07:57 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I'm not sure that we can say "political correctness" is what killed those soldiers or that if Hasan were white he would have been treated differently.

Most of the Middle Eastern people I know consider themselves "white" anyway but that aside the Armed Forces aren't really getting rid of people unless they really, really have to do so. They need every man/woman they have. Moral waivers have increased because of the need for manpower.

Also there is a small but apparently growing number of white supremacist/separatist soldiers in the military, some of whom are rather open about their beliefs. Evidently it takes bad actions, not just bad thoughts to get kicked out. So that may explain why Hasan wasn't treated more harshly.

Salon Article

I do think that Hasan's powerpoint presentation and alleged contacts with Anwar al Awlaki should have raised some alarm bells but hindsight is 20/20. Someone who knew about these contacts decided that they didn't warrant further action.

Contacts

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: Lilo] #560585
11/17/09 08:22 PM
11/17/09 08:22 PM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
Opinions!!

This is one of the things that makes our country so great.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560608
11/18/09 12:07 AM
11/18/09 12:07 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This is America. We have rights here. And insuring that a nut job extremist like Hasan or McVeigh enjoys his rights means that I get to enjoy mine. Yes, they're sick and twisted and maybe even evil people, but that doesn't change the fact that we offer ALL citizens the same rights.

As for the anti-Muslim talk here, I'm saddened to read it. What if all Muslims judged Christianity by the KKK?? That is extremism and promotes "white Christianity". It's loathsome, but every time you think about extremism, remember that every religion can be perverted to fit a psychotic's twisted logic.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: Sicilian Babe] #560609
11/18/09 12:48 AM
11/18/09 12:48 AM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

As for the anti-Muslim talk here, I'm saddened to read it. What if all Muslims judged Christianity by the KKK?? That is extremism and promotes "white Christianity". It's loathsome, but every time you think about extremism, remember that every religion can be perverted to fit a psychotic's twisted logic.

Thank you for not trying to smash me with your opinion this time. I actually agree on the fact that we shouldn't judge middle easterns that aren't terrorists. I wouldn't like it either if they judged Chrisianity by the klan or Aryan Brotherhood. After 9-11 I tried not to have that much anger for arabs, but then I found out about the muslim churches that were supporting al-qaeda, and then there was the man that killed his daughter infront of the mother because she was becoming too Americanized. Now It's this killer Hasan. I'm trying hard to be open minded, but It's honestly really hard not to say the hell with them all. I'm really doing my best not to think this way, though. We just gotta keep the faith.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560611
11/18/09 12:56 AM
11/18/09 12:56 AM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
By the way the kkk hate Italian Americans as well..

A friend sent me a link once that had David Duke trash talking us Italians.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560626
11/18/09 08:05 AM
11/18/09 08:05 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Again, you're making a blanket statement about a group based on what you heard David Duke say once. That doesn't mean that the KKK loves Italian-Americans. It means that you shouldn't base your opinion on what you once heard someone say. And the KKK hates. It doesn't matter who, they just hate.

As for me bashing your opinion, I simply pointed out the errors in your original statement. You called the man an Arab. He was born in the US, so he's not an "Arab". You said that he couldn't be crazy because he was intelligent. You make blanket statements that can be considered racist and they are offensive.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560632
11/18/09 10:58 AM
11/18/09 10:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
Political correctness is for sure what killed those soldiers in Ft Hood because if he was white he would've got a dishonorable discharge a long time ago.

This statement is not without merit. I just wouldn't make the blanket statement that "if he was white."

What I'd say is this: If he were Christian or Jewish (white or black), spewing anti-Muslim rhetoric, I think the army would have moved a lot faster in removing him from active duty. We practically strip search 80 year old white women at airports, for fear of being labeled "profilers" of Middle Eastern looking people. Yet we're so afraid of offending the Arab/Arab-American/Muslim community, that this psycho went largely unnoticed.

Bottom line: If Hasan were a Jew or a Christian spewing anti-Muslim propoganda, he never would have been allowed to remain in the Armed Forces. Judeo-Christian bashing has become the last acceptable form of prejudice in America, and we're paying the price for it. A very steep price.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: olivant] #560639
11/18/09 12:26 PM
11/18/09 12:26 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: olivant
"but their political activity is of an individualistic form".

What political activity is not of individualistic form?
Was this asked in seriousness?

A proletarian revolution isn't individualistic. For there to even be one there has to be a strong social aversion to the ruling elite, before anything else; consciousness of class antagonism follows, putting into concrete terms why the economic structure of the bourgeois nation is inherently at odds with many people's interests.

Social democracy isn't individualistic. Bourgeois reformism isn't individualistic.

Political individualism is a self-muting dead-end; "not endorsing the meat industry by becoming a vegetarian on political grounds" is an individualistic self-muting dead-end. Acts of terrorism are also individualistic self-muting dead-ends.

As for my two-day purge, I'm not really sure what it was meant to do. Perhaps my "thick as fucking pig shit"* comment was peripheral to the other points I was making; perhaps it was the point, and I knew no other way of getting it across. I'll work on that.

But I do note the lack of moral outrage expressed publicly at my choice of language, though. Why must words of support/disgust/outrage be private?

Perhaps the board should be self-governing, with its members in charge of what happens to whom and why...?

* It was for these words that I was purged. I thought I should probably point that out, in case anyone was wondering why; odd that the reason for my 'punishment' was worded so vaguely.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: DiMaggio68] #560640
11/18/09 12:49 PM
11/18/09 12:49 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Further thoughts...

I wouldn't get involved too much.

When it comes to political beliefs some people just don't know how to agree to disagree, and they want to fight instead. Like what capo was doing.
Where's the urgency in agreeing to disagree? What does that even mean?

I don't want to fight, I want to argue; not for the sake of argument, but because I don't believe two differing opinions amount to the same weight in truth.

You say "opinions" make your country so great. But anyone can have an opinion in any other country in the world. By your logic, your country is no greater than mine. But I won't give this any further thought, because it's a meaningless buzz-phrase of pissing-contest patriotism, and sadly typed a lot on this board.

I'd argue that the lack of rigour given to people's opinions, including their own opinions, the bending-over-backward liberalism that smugly declares that everyone is anyone and therefore all of it is the truth, shows a distinct intellectual crisis, and by extension causes my concern for your "great country".

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #560641
11/18/09 12:58 PM
11/18/09 12:58 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I am not sure what "political correctness" really is other than a buzz word used mostly by the right to criticize tolerance and to further their intolerance of others.

It was not "political correctness" that allowed this scumbag to remain an Army Major, it was pure sloppiness. Nobody in the military should be allowed to get away with what he did, and that he was not caught is more a testament to bad oversight than anything else.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: dontomasso] #560643
11/18/09 01:04 PM
11/18/09 01:04 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Nobody in the military should be allowed to get away with what he did, and that he was not caught is more a testament to bad oversight than anything else.

Okay, that's fair. But would this "oversight" have occurred if he were a Jewish or Christian psychiatrist spewing anti-Muslim hate?

I don't think so.

Last edited by pizzaboy; 11/18/09 01:14 PM.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: pizzaboy] #560648
11/18/09 01:11 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Nobody in the military should be allowed to get away with what he did, and that he was not caught is more a testament to bad oversight than anything else.

Okay, that's fair. But would this "oversight" have occurred if he were a Jewish or Christian psychiatrist spewing anti-Muslin hate?

I don't think so.

That's Muslim, PB, and it should, just as a Christian spewing hatred of Jews, a white of blacks, etc.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #560649
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

I'd argue that the lack of rigour given to people's opinions, including their own opinions, the bending-over-backward liberalism that smugly declares that everyone is anyone and therefore all of it is the truth, shows a distinct intellectual crisis, and by extension causes my concern for your "great country".

While I may not entirely agree, I have to say - Damn, I'd kill for the ability to write like that. Concise, but packed with a punch.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: klydon1] #560652
11/18/09 01:13 PM
11/18/09 01:13 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yeah some Marxists can indeed write rather well.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: dontomasso] #560654
11/18/09 01:14 PM
11/18/09 01:14 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

That's Muslim, PB

A typo, Professor tongue lol.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: klydon1] #560655
11/18/09 01:15 PM
11/18/09 01:15 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Klyd
While I may not entirely agree, I have to say - Damn, I'd kill for the ability to write like that. Concise, but packed with a punch.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #560656
11/18/09 01:16 PM
11/18/09 01:16 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Yeah some Marxists can indeed write rather well.

lol

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: dontomasso] #560659
11/18/09 01:31 PM
11/18/09 01:31 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
It was not "political correctness" that allowed this scumbag to remain an Army Major, it was pure sloppiness. Nobody in the military should be allowed to get away with what he did, and that he was not caught is more a testament to bad oversight than anything else.

I think it was more PC than being sloppiness.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560689
11/18/09 06:50 PM
11/18/09 06:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Don't forget that Lee Harvey oswald was a professed Marxist, and spoke Russian when he could, and addressed fellow soldiers as "comrade" while he was a Marine and during the 50s. Not only was his behavior tolerated during one of the most virulent anti-Communist decades in this Nation's history, but he received a hardship discharge. So, it is not hard to believe that Hasan's behavior was tolerated.

Last edited by olivant; 11/18/09 06:50 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: Sicilian Babe] #560694
11/18/09 07:21 PM
11/18/09 07:21 PM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
[quote=Sicilian Babe]Again, you're making a blanket statement about a group based on what you heard David Duke say once.

Who the hell would deffend the kkk even if I used a blanket statement against them? confused

You called the man an Arab.

I didn't call the guy anything. I wrote. confused

You shouldn't make

Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do. mad

He was born in the US, so he's not an "Arab".

So, if you're born here and your parents are from Sicily your not a Sicilian? Some Major Contradicting going on. confused

I don't believe you're a fellow Sicilian any way, and I think you need a boyfriend bad. Don't quote me girl I ain't wrote nothin' yet.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560697
11/18/09 07:51 PM
11/18/09 07:51 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
You are incapable of writing a complete sentence and you make little to no sense. If you are actually as ignorant and narrow-minded as you appear to be in your posts, then you're right. We are not "fellow" anything.

As for, "I didn't call the guy anything", look at the title of your own thread - Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: DiMaggio68] #560701
11/18/09 08:34 PM
11/18/09 08:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I don't believe you're a fellow Sicilian any way, and I think you need a boyfriend bad.

I can personally vouch for the lady's Sicilian heritage.

She's married to a truly wonderful guy, but if she wasn't, I guarantee you she'd have no trouble at all getting a long line of boyfriends.

You owe the lady an apology.

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terrorist [Re: DiMaggio68] #560711
11/18/09 10:39 PM
11/18/09 10:39 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
You know, these people may be in the minority, BUT this is the kind of story that scares me. This woman called the Port Huron newspaper telling them she would take a gun to the newspaper and "do what they did at Fort Hood," after they criticized the Michigan Rep. mad All it ever takes is one wacko, and it seems this year they are coming out in droves.

She was upset about an editorial in Thursday's paper," the Web site reported, adding, "The editorial criticized U.S. Rep. Candice Miller, R-Harrison Township, for participating in a Nov. 5 Capitol rally. Police said the call was made about 11:40 a.m. Thursday."

http://www.eandppub.com/2009/11/port-hur...-newspaper.html

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Finding out Fort Hood killer is an arab terror [Re: SC] #560719
11/19/09 01:31 AM
11/19/09 01:31 AM
CA
D
DiMaggio68 Offline OP
Capo
DiMaggio68  Offline OP
D
Capo
CA
Originally Posted By: SC
I don't believe you're a fellow Sicilian any way, and I think you need a boyfriend bad.

I can personally vouch for the lady's Sicilian heritage.

She's married to a truly wonderful guy, but if she wasn't, I guarantee you she'd have no trouble at all getting a long line of boyfriends.

You owe the lady an apology.

?????

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull