GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 336 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,674
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #618980
10/31/11 01:26 PM
10/31/11 01:26 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The series does take some liberties. The brothers that were killed during the final episode of the first season were in reality killed years later, or at least the ones which they were based upon.

However, Rothstein is probably too well known to take such a liberty.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #618983
10/31/11 01:36 PM
10/31/11 01:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, I doubt that the producers anticipate stretching this series out over another seven years to accomodate historical accuracy. Lansky and Luciano will keep expanding their reach this season and then next season Rothstein gets murdered.

But I'm hoping that Manny gets his because I don't care for that character.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Lilo] #618989
10/31/11 02:20 PM
10/31/11 02:20 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Van Alden saying "I did it for you" has to be the best line of the night.
WHY in the world would Van Alden let ANYONE know where he was keeping Lucy? I guess he's really not a player... whistle
I finally recognized Dominic Chianese.
There's so much attention placed on Dharmody's strange relationship with his mom (kissing on the lips, clingy). Something big is going to happen there.
The Margaret Schroeder character is becoming very unlikable.

Ha ha ha. Yes Lilo I shouted out at the tv when Van Alden said "I did it for you." mad What an asshole.

I agree with you on Margaret. She's becoming somewhat bitchy and maybe power hungry. The way she yelled at the sitter about her "inappropriate" behavior with the young suitor was uncalled for, even in those days IMHO. rolleyes

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: olivant] #618993
10/31/11 03:15 PM
10/31/11 03:15 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
Well, I doubt that the producers anticipate stretching this series out over another seven years to accomodate historical accuracy.

I wouldn't be suprised if I were you. And who says Rothstein needs to die in the first place?

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Sonny_Black] #618994
10/31/11 03:28 PM
10/31/11 03:28 PM
LeroyJones Offline
Made Member
LeroyJones  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Well, I doubt that the producers anticipate stretching this series out over another seven years to accomodate historical accuracy.

I wouldn't be suprised if I were you. And who says Rothstein needs to die in the first place?

He doesn't have to die, i just thought the "Their Time Has Passed" reference to him and Nucky might have meant they were going to move on Rothstein. But as it was pointed out to me he really didn't die until 1928 so i guess he should be around for the forseeable future if they stick close to the real timeline with that particular character.

Last edited by LeroyJones; 10/31/11 03:29 PM.
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #619002
10/31/11 04:29 PM
10/31/11 04:29 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Both Rothstein and Ade live!

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #619027
10/31/11 07:46 PM
10/31/11 07:46 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Van Alden saying "I did it for you" has to be the best line of the night.
WHY in the world would Van Alden let ANYONE know where he was keeping Lucy? I guess he's really not a player... whistle
I finally recognized Dominic Chianese.
There's so much attention placed on Dharmody's strange relationship with his mom (kissing on the lips, clingy). Something big is going to happen there.

Ha ha ha. Yes Lilo I shouted out at the tv when Van Alden said "I did it for you." mad What an asshole.

I agree with you on Margaret. She's becoming somewhat bitchy and maybe power hungry. The way she yelled at the sitter about her "inappropriate" behavior with the young suitor was uncalled for, even in those days IMHO. rolleyes
TIS

I'm starting to like her more each episode. smile

It is of course part of the beauty of art and the fun of the show that the same character can evince such different thoughts from viewers. lol

It seems as if Margaret Schroeder is just as big of a kept woman as Lucy ever was. The difference is that she convinces herself that she's doing it for the "cheeeeldrunnnn".

IIRC she argued against Nucky giving a raise /bonus to the help and then kept the money herself. She's very unpleasant to the young Katie (is that the maid's name??) out of apparent sexual jealousy. Her cunning retrieval of Nucky's money and records was done more to keep her own ride on the gravy train secure than out of any love/fidelity towards Nucky.

Were I Nucky and a woman I had rescued from drab obscurity ever had the nerve to lecture me about, well ANYTHING, I might just open the door and simply tell her "Nice knowing you. Here's your old life back." tongue I think Nucky likes her because she is smarter and stronger than Lucy but her self-righteousness and hypocrisy is a bit much sometimes.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Lilo] #619204
11/02/11 11:37 AM
11/02/11 11:37 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I think she has the hots for the young Irish guy, which will give Nucky even more headaches.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: dontomasso] #619205
11/02/11 12:03 PM
11/02/11 12:03 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I think she has the hots for the young Irish guy, which will give Nucky even more headaches.

You could see that comming from miles away up from the first moment he was introduced.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Sonny_Black] #619322
11/03/11 01:05 PM
11/03/11 01:05 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"Boardwalk Empire" continues to be the best-looking show on TV. But, entertaining as it is, it has too many stories running simultaneously, with too little progress in each. Getting difficult to keep track of who's doing what. The most recent episode spent too much time on the unassisted childbirth.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Turnbull] #619325
11/03/11 01:17 PM
11/03/11 01:17 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
The most recent episode spent too much time on the unassisted childbirth.

I disagree. The scenes with Lucy getting ready to give birth by herself were excellent! They showed her realizing the predicament in which she was and how she faced it head on.... first by getting herself ready (even if just by grooming herself). It was evident she was proud of herself afterward, and rightly so. I suspect Lucy will remain a major character on the show and this was a new birth for her, as well for her baby.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: SC] #619331
11/03/11 02:04 PM
11/03/11 02:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I kind of agree with TB. The evidence for Lucy's courage could have been demonstrated with less time on screen. Also, TB is right about the multiple storylines. I also don't like Nucky's whining to some people because they won't cooperate with him. And what's going on with Margaret?

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #619335
11/03/11 03:13 PM
11/03/11 03:13 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I'm sorry to say that I find Lucy the most annoying character in the serie, although her latest scene in which she gave childbirth was quite good. Based on the two latest episodes I have a feeling this serie is progressing in a good direction. Especially the episode when Richard was in the woods had some moments that could have compared itself with some of the Coen's Brothers best scenes. I previously hadn't seen the serie's characters acting as good as in that episode. Maybe it's just me, but I was really stunned.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #619835
11/08/11 09:12 PM
11/08/11 09:12 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Ok I really officially HATE Margaret now.
She's feeling bad about her relationship with her siblings so she decides to cheat with Nucky's bodyguard?

I didn't care about Margaret and her siblings. Not one bit. She gets on my nerves. Self-righteous and lugubrious. Not a good combination.

And Jimmy's mother is sleeping with Luciano again? WTF?

It turns out the female prosecutor is actually based on reality

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Lilo] #619882
11/09/11 01:23 PM
11/09/11 01:23 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I till like Margaret, but not as mucha s before she had the affair with that guy.

By the way, what did Jimmy say to Nucky right before he was shot, who was the assassin,a nd where did that federal agent come from?

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica] #619894
11/09/11 03:14 PM
11/09/11 03:14 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
After all the negativity about women in this serie lately (me hating Lucy, Lilo hating Margaret) I feel like sharing some positive remarks. smile

I really like Jimmy's wife. She's very sympathetic and look's nice also. She also looks to be genuine Italian-American, am I right?

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: olivant] #619909
11/09/11 06:43 PM
11/09/11 06:43 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I still like Margaret, but not as much as before she had the affair with that guy.

By the way, what did Jimmy say to Nucky right before he was shot, who was the assassin,and where did that federal agent come from?

I didn't hear the whole thing but it was something along the lines of "I've learned as a leader it's not why you make the decisions but that you make a decision".

In the meeting before the abortive hit, Capone had offered to arrange a "paisan from Chicago" who would do the hit and get back on the return train.

I thought the planned assassination was pretty bad writing-room full of people, kiss of death by Darmody. I think the federal agent was just someone who had been assigned to shadow Nucky, perhaps in light of new information that Van Alden had provided.

Winter is Coming

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Sonny_Black] #619911
11/09/11 07:02 PM
11/09/11 07:02 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
After all the negativity about women in this serie lately (me hating Lucy, Lilo hating Margaret) I feel like sharing some positive remarks. smile

I really like Jimmy's wife. She's very sympathetic and look's nice also. She also looks to be genuine Italian-American, am I right?

I would guess so from her surname but am not sure.
Interview with Palladino

Winter is Coming

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Lilo] #619916
11/09/11 08:40 PM
11/09/11 08:40 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I didn't hear the whole thing but it was something along the lines of "I've learned as a leader it's not why you make the decisions but that you make a decision".

I remember it was something like "whether you're right or wrong it's time to make a decision".

Quote:
I think the federal agent was just someone who had been assigned to shadow Nucky, perhaps in light of new information that Van Alden had provided.

Jimmy clearly showed that he had trouble with killing his old friend. I think he still kind of liked him too much. So I don't think Jimmy was giving him a kiss of death, he was actually trying to save him by making him look in the direction of where the assassin would come from. This way, he wouldn't lose face by canceling the hit, but still trying to prevent it from succeeding.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Sonny_Black] #619922
11/09/11 08:58 PM
11/09/11 08:58 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Jimmy clearly showed that he had trouble with killing his old friend. I think he still kind of liked him too much. So I don't think Jimmy was giving him a kiss of death, he was actually trying to save him by making him look in the direction of where the assassin would come from. This way, he wouldn't lose face by canceling the hit, but still trying to prevent it from succeeding.

Jimmy's quote just showed he is not yet ready to be a leader. He gave in to the demands/wishes of the others despite having his own personal idea on how Nucky should be handled.

Jimmy was basically rationalizing that he followed his mother's advice....be decisive .... if you LOOK strong, you will be strong.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: SC] #619923
11/09/11 09:00 PM
11/09/11 09:00 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC

Jimmy's quote just showed he is not yet ready to be a leader. He gave in to the demands/wishes of the others despite having his own personal idea on how Nucky should be handled.

Jimmy was basically rationalizing that he followed his mother's advice....be decisive .... if you LOOK strong, you will be strong.

I agree. But let's not forget that he's only 23 or something. Even Luciano was still a punk back then. smile Jimmy was forced to be in a leadership position when his so called father got a stroke. He surely wasn't ready for it.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Sonny_Black] #619926
11/09/11 09:12 PM
11/09/11 09:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

I agree. But let's not forget that he's only 23 or something. Even Luciano was still a punk back then.

I don't think age has anything to do with it... Luciano was 23 at the time, as was Capone. Lansky was only 18, yet all three were more mature in their dealings with others.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: SC] #620342
11/13/11 10:22 PM
11/13/11 10:22 PM
California

California
LOL Lady on the beach got fined $10 because her skirt was too short. lol

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #620343
11/13/11 10:51 PM
11/13/11 10:51 PM
California

California
Is Nucky really stepping down? eek That's a surprise. Something's gotta give. Ahhh, but there's a reason. I just haven't figured it out and/or missed it.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 11/13/11 11:00 PM.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #620344
11/13/11 11:03 PM
11/13/11 11:03 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Is Nucky really stepping down? That's a surprise. Something's gotta give. Ahhh, but there's a reason. I just haven't figured it out and/or missed it.

Just remember Arnold Rothstein's advice to Nucky.

God, this show is fucking awesome!!!!

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #620346
11/13/11 11:24 PM
11/13/11 11:24 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TIS, I'll bet he's going to link up with IRA; that will be his muscle. Owen will be his Luca.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: SC] #620348
11/13/11 11:29 PM
11/13/11 11:29 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Is Nucky really stepping down? That's a surprise. Something's gotta give. Ahhh, but there's a reason. I just haven't figured it out and/or missed it.

Just remember Arnold Rothstein's advice to Nucky.

God, this show is fucking awesome!!!!

Right. This is the "roll over and play dead while secretly digging your opponent's graves" maneuver perfected by the Corleones. lol Notice that if Chalky calls a general strike the new regime's ability to make money will be severely curtailed. This is just a move on the chessboard by Nucky. And it's not the surrender that Jimmy thinks it is.

I would be surprised if Jimmy survives the season. It's being setup that he doesn't have the business sense or temperament to lead. And with the exception of Richard, he doesn't seem to exhibit/inspire loyalty that much either.

Speaking of money it looks like Van Alden has fallen off the morality wagon for good-unless this is all a setup. Maybe Bugeyes is playing his own game.

Winter is Coming

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: olivant] #620349
11/13/11 11:30 PM
11/13/11 11:30 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
TIS, I'll bet he's going to link up with IRA; that will be his muscle.

That'll be Nucky's source of money. He's gonna sell the surplus machine guns to the IRA.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: Lilo] #620351
11/13/11 11:36 PM
11/13/11 11:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Speaking of money it looks like Van Alden has fallen off the morality wagon for good-unless this is all a setup. Maybe Bugeyes is playing his own game.

I love the name, "Bugeyes" for him. clap

There's nothing more I'd like to see than Bugeyes getting his just reward ~ getting busted. Everyone is crooked but they owe up to it.... Nelson van Bugeyes won't "admit" to himself being crooked and he preaches against what he, himself is in high holy tones. I see a suicide in his future.

Re: Boardwalk Empire [Re: olivant] #620372
11/14/11 12:52 PM
11/14/11 12:52 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
TIS, I'll bet he's going to link up with IRA; that will be his muscle. Owen will be his Luca.

how can owen be nuckys luca? he is a force, but does he really have nucky's back?

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull