GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Toodoped, 1 invisible), 281 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,868
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: fathersson] #559563
11/06/09 02:05 AM
11/06/09 02:05 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
It doesn't make any sense, BAM. Irish and I are both Yankee fans, but he's the kind that makes people hate Yankee fans.

clap BINGO!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS (his agreement with SB) -- the former who only seems to come out of the woodwork to stir up shit now and then. tongue

I12, you often do give real fans a bad image. Sorry, had to say it. And no comment on D-J who doesn't give a flying F about this forum except to talk and talk and talk b.s. half the time tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: J Geoff] #559570
11/06/09 05:51 AM
11/06/09 05:51 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
In all honesty, this has probably been the best World Series since 2001.

You're kidding me, right?

This was one of the most BORING World Series I've ever witnessed! If I wasn't a fan of BOTH teams, I'd've been bored to DEATH!

JG, you know I love you, but I have to disagree: it was a good series. Not the best since 2001, but good series nontheless.

Phillies take the first lead; 2 more games after that, and the Yankees got the lead instead. Then the Phillies almost tied the series for a 2:2, but A-Rod came with the final blow, after Damon stole another base. I think those kind of moments like that 4th game ending make baseball such a fascinating game. I'm no Yankees or Phillies fan....but that's not how boring series look like. I agree that the series should have had a better ending, but overall it wasnt bad or boring.

Anywyaz...are you going to that Canyon of Heroes parade? take pictures will ya. I'm curious to see how it'll look like this time.

And one last request, from EVERYONE :

This should be a really nice thread to discuss the world series. I know that we all love different teams, and there's nothing wrong with teasing each other, but PLEASE let's stop it there. It doesnt matter if you're a Yankees, Red Sox, or if you think that Japanese baseball is ten times better than the MLB. Let us show respect for each other. We're all brothers and sisters here, dont forget that.

Mama Corleone says: "...you can never lose your family"

Let's prove her right.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: fathersson] #559572
11/06/09 07:30 AM
11/06/09 07:30 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
It doesn't make any sense, BAM. Irish and I are both Yankee fans, but he's the kind that makes people hate Yankee fans.

clap BINGO!

clap THERE HE IS! Coming in his usual postseason rant about why the Yankees suck and claims he's a Yankees fan. Although this year he had to be awoken from the woodwork since they actually won!

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Irishman12] #559581
11/06/09 08:59 AM
11/06/09 08:59 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
And YOU still refuse to confront the comments that have been made. It seems that the only way you can celebrate a Yankees win is to disparage another team. That's just unsportsmanlike, and, quite frankly, rather childish.

Enough about that! My boys are parading down the Canyon of Heroes this morning!! It's a bit chilly here (actually, it's freezing!), but the sun is shining, so it will be a nice day for it. However, I'll watch from the comfort of my 72 degree home!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Irishman12] #559582
11/06/09 09:49 AM
11/06/09 09:49 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

clap BINGO!

clap THERE HE IS! Coming in his usual postseason rant about why the Yankees suck and claims he's a Yankees fan. Although this year he had to be awoken from the woodwork since they actually won!

Even if I don't post, I often do read many threads.
You asked so I posted a response
I see that you haven't grown up yet, thanks for making my point.
I stand by my clap Bingo reply.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: J Geoff] #559583
11/06/09 10:00 AM
11/06/09 10:00 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

clap BINGO!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with FS (his agreement with SB) -- the former who only seems to come out of the woodwork to stir up shit now and then. tongue

Geoff I haven't started anything. Just telling it like it is.
Just because we don't post to some of the dumbest threads in the history of these boards (IMO)doesn't mean that we are not reading and just keeping quiet. Your comment about me was uncalled for in my opinion, Just because we don't post everyday doesn't mean our opinions are wrong when we do post. Most likely we see something so wrong that we have to stand up and post. Unpopular as they may be at times in some peoples eyes. I hope you change your thoughts on things and have a better understanding.
Thanks and have a great day and enjoy the parade!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Sicilian Babe] #559590
11/06/09 12:08 PM
11/06/09 12:08 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
My boys are parading down the Canyon of Heroes this morning!!

Wow, I almost forgot! eek Thanks. I went there in '96 and '98, and it is easier just to turn on the TV wink

Oh God, Susan Waldman. *shudder*

BTW, those out of the area can watch the parade live at http://www.myfoxny.com/

Last edited by J Geoff; 11/06/09 12:40 PM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: J Geoff] #559595
11/06/09 12:55 PM
11/06/09 12:55 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
If baseball had pushed the series back any further, the Yankees could have combined their parade with the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. CC could have been Santa.

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: klydon1] #559606
11/06/09 01:58 PM
11/06/09 01:58 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Originally Posted By: klydon1
If baseball had pushed the series back any further, the Yankees could have combined their parade with the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. CC could have been Santa.

CC makes David Wells look anorexic.

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: goombah] #559614
11/06/09 04:30 PM
11/06/09 04:30 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Not only is CC a huge man, but his uniform always looks like he just rolled out of bed. My husband calls him Slob-athia.

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Sicilian Babe] #559617
11/06/09 05:48 PM
11/06/09 05:48 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Not only is CC a huge man, but his uniform always looks like he just rolled out of bed. My husband calls him Slob-athia.

this is something i don't understand...if you are playing as a first baseman (fielder) or pitcher (CC) do you have to fit, and not well fat?

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: BAM_233] #559636
11/06/09 07:48 PM
11/06/09 07:48 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Here's something that will make you LOL :

Step 1: go to google
Step 2: type in "woodwork"
Step 3: now look at the 3rd result that comes up...

grin grin I wonder if that address links to here grin

God I love google.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Fame] #559637
11/06/09 07:56 PM
11/06/09 07:56 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I wanted to go down to the Canyon of Heroes today but couldn't frown How is it Geoff, since you've been in the past?

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Sicilian Babe] #559638
11/06/09 07:57 PM
11/06/09 07:57 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
And YOU still refuse to confront the comments that have been made. It seems that the only way you can celebrate a Yankees win is to disparage another team. That's just unsportsmanlike, and, quite frankly, rather childish.

No, I've read the comments about me, and at this point I really don't care. I've been waiting for this for 9 freaking years! Listening to peoples crap for the past 6 (since 2003) when the Marlins won, then when Boston did in 2004 and 2007. So, you can understand if I've got some pent-up frustration that's been dying to get out with another Yankees World Series. And now it's here and I'm enjoying it to its fullest for the next 365 days!

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Irishman12] #559639
11/06/09 08:08 PM
11/06/09 08:08 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I wanted to go down to the Canyon of Heroes today but couldn't frown How is it Geoff, since you've been in the past?

If you saw it on TV, you can only imagine that it's quite the experience in person and worth doing at least once in your life. In '96 I was working in the city and my boss let me go, which was really cool. In '98 I made the special 2-hour trek up. I'm not a huge fan of standing outside for 6 hours in the cold, so I haven't gone since. Maybe someday. wink

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: J Geoff] #559645
11/06/09 08:36 PM
11/06/09 08:36 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Irish, I'm going to make this one last attempt because I truly don't think you'll get it. Nobody wants to stop you from celebrating. Have a ball. I'm THRILLED with the Yankee win. But you DON'T need to celebrate by bashing another team or other players.

It's that simple.

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Sicilian Babe] #559695
11/08/09 12:19 PM
11/08/09 12:19 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
When it comes to Yankees and New York, there's a lot to hate

Now that the Yankees are back on top, I can settle into a more natural state of dark hatred and enthusiastic loathing for them. All is right with the world.

As the years rolled on after their last World Series championship in 2000 and the Bronx Bombers wallowed (for them), that hatred had turned to ... what? Not pity exactly, but something like bemused dismissal. The Yankees were the filthy rich people who made impulse buys on hot-off-the-runway styles and ended up looking silly. There was no sport in it.

But now? After their six-game defeat of the Phillies? I can hate at will and with renewed vigor. Batter up!

I can hate Derek Jeter for playing to the cameras on the top step of the dugout as he cheered on his teammates.

I can hate the national media's turbo-fawning over the Yankees, especially the media outlets on the East Coast and extra especially ESPN, which has an acute sense of who butters its bread.

I can hate Rudy Giuliani for his prominent seat at Yankee Stadium and his even more prominent PD-NY-FD baseball cap. Yes, Rudy, we remember you used to be the mayor.

I can hate the way the franchise spent gobs more money than anybody else to build a team of stars and then talked about "team chemistry."

I could go on.

So I will.

I can hate the song "New York, New York," which is played after every Yankees' game. Start spreadin' the news: It's the anthem of a completely self-absorbed city.

I can hate that the Alex Rodriguez story line turned into how liberating it had been for him to come clean on his use of performance-enhancing drugs. Explain to me why we're convinced he's clean now?

I can hate how Andy Pettitte basically has been given a free pass for his PED usage.

I can hate how New York bought into Nick Swisher's phoniness.

That's a lot of hate, I know. But what can I say? The Yankees bring out the best in me.

This hatred is a good thing, a healthy thing. So thank you, Yankees. You're the bonfire on which some of us can throw our frustrations, whether it be the economy, job problems, marriage woes or those stickers on pears that seem to have no purpose other than to make people crazy.

You're here for us. You're the mental health counselors who are standing by.

We need villains. We need big, bad nasties to hate. We don't really want to get to know them. We would prefer not to find out they might even be human. We just want to hiss when they slither into our living rooms.

This is exactly what's wrong with the NFL. Revenue sharing and a salary cap ensures parity, which ensures there won't be an evil empire to detest. What team can you hate in pro football other than the regional rivals that crop up across the league? Besides Bill Belichick's hoodie and the fact that Tom Brady has everything, there's not a whole lot to hate about the Patriots.

We're left to be disgusted with Terrell Owens. There's not a whole lot of lasting fun in that.

On Friday, New York put on a ticker-tape parade for the conquering ballplayers that ambled through the Canyon of Heroes. Aptness required that the confetti be from shredded C-notes, but, alas, no. Even the conspicuously consuming Yankees have their limits. They might build a $1.5 billion stadium in a bad economy, but they're not that crazy.

Some of us laughed at Yankees fans' outrage during the barren years between World Series championships. I read a story Friday that described the "nine long years" fans had waited for title No. 27. Nine years? Dude, that's 10 minutes in Cub years.

Yankees fans don't think God is a Yankees fan. They think the Almighty is powerless in the face of the Steinbrenner family's greatness.

You know what George Steinbrenner is? He's the parent who does his kid's science project for him. There is nothing special about the Yankees other than the fact they have owners who will spend in wretched excess to buy a winner. That's not an art. That's a payoff.

There's no doubt baseball is better when the Yankees are winning. They are polarizing. They restart the discussion about the economic inequities in the sport. Everybody needs a bad guy in a cape and dastardly mustache to root against.

I will say this: It's hard to hate nice-guy Yankees manager Joe Girardi. And it's hard to hate Kate Hudson, A-Rod's girlfriend, no matter how excessively the cameras showed her.

Other than that, I'm whole again.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Irishman12] #559700
11/08/09 01:20 PM
11/08/09 01:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
"Hate" involving a baseball game? A pretty strong word to use. As a National League fan, I wanted the Phillies to win. But "hate" the Yankees for winning? I think not. As SB points out, you celebrate accomplishments. That should be enough.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Sicilian Babe] #559725
11/08/09 11:09 PM
11/08/09 11:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

My husband calls him Slob-athia.

How apropos, considering CC's stuff is filthy. lol

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Double-J] #559734
11/09/09 09:48 AM
11/09/09 09:48 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
This excellent article from hardballtimes.com entitled "Why the Phillies lost the World Series" (there's also one "Why the Yankees won the WS") motivated an excellent discussion that puts to rest any claim that Phillies fans are stupid. one of them made a great point about Jimmy Rollins that makes me understand Charlie Manuel's moves a bit more:

"Platoons and flexible/undefined roles work with some players, but rarely with the elite ones. Manuel knows that you get the most out of players like Rollins, year-in and year-out when they have an absolutely fixed role, and know they have the manager’s full support through all the inevitable slumps."

basically that's why the Phillies might stick with J-Roll at leadoff and why Manuel doesn't move Howard down in the order against lefties.

another guy points out that the Phillies hit far more extra base hits than the Yankees and that both pitching staffs played similar roles in the WS except for the Godfather Mariano Rivera, and that he (Rivera) and the fact that the Phillies' line drives, deep flies and hard hit grounders went direclty to someone's glove instead of dropping in between fielders are the main reasons why Philadelphia lost. I'm not sure that's right but it's very interesting.

those Phillie fans deinitely know about baseball!

Last edited by Tony Mosrite; 11/09/09 09:50 AM. Reason: missing words :p

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Tony Mosrite] #561259
11/28/09 07:08 PM
11/28/09 07:08 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
New York Yankees 2009 World Series Championship gear!

Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Irishman12] #561269
11/28/09 10:17 PM
11/28/09 10:17 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay

tongue

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: 2009 World Series [Re: Blibbleblabble] #561296