GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (GangstersInc), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,819
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
How do some guys stay under the radar? #551613
08/11/09 11:08 AM
08/11/09 11:08 AM
Toronto, Ontario
D
dontommasino Offline OP
Underboss
dontommasino  Offline OP
D
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario
I guess it is more difficult now because if RICO, but what does a mobster do to stay under the radar. There are a few here and there who have kept themselves less visible.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: dontommasino] #551616
08/11/09 12:31 PM
08/11/09 12:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
One of the best ways for a mobster to stay under the radar is not to get formally "made." As soon as he is made, his new "brothers" will rat him out to the nearest law enforcement guys in order to curry favor. He'll get more law enforcement coverage than a visiting head of state.

Of course the Catch-22 is that the guy does have to get made in order to make real money and move up. The smart thing is to become a bigshot corporate executive--then you're merely a "white collar" criminal. rolleyes

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Turnbull] #551630
08/11/09 03:03 PM
08/11/09 03:03 PM
Italian_Mafia_Boss Offline
Boss Of All Bosses
Italian_Mafia_Boss  Offline
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Here we go again. What is up with you people in thinking that the Mafia are a bunch of lowlife pieces of s**t when there are much worse people out there? The Mafia was and honored and loyal society for hundreds of years until the RICO acts kicked in, but you people are all thinking it was always bad because everyone was disloyal and became rats which is NOT true, disloyalty did not appear much within the Mafia until the 1970's when RICO kicked in.

Don Tommasino, the absolute best way for a Mafioso to stay under the radar is to keep a very low profile and NEVER a high profile. Many younger generations of Mafiosi tend to get tired of having to keep a low profile because they want to get noticed, so they kept a high profile, one of the reasons why the Mafia got weaker.

The five main reasons the Mafia got weaker: Drugs, Greed, High Profiling, RICO acts which led to many Mafiosi becoming rats, and technological advances with surveillance and other security purposes. The first three reasons basically led to the last two reasons.

Ya know one thing about us wise guys? The hustle never ends.- Tony Soprano
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #551636
08/11/09 06:39 PM
08/11/09 06:39 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
Here we go again. What is up with you people in thinking that the Mafia are a bunch of lowlife pieces of s**t when there are much worse people out there?

Their track records speak for themselves.

You're obviously still a young guy and more than a little naive when it comes to these guys. And don't be offended, either. I'm 50 years old and until I was into my 30s, I was more than a little impressed by them, too. So take that as an "olive branch" from me. You're clearly in the minority on these boards.

Some day you'll understand.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #551638
08/11/09 07:10 PM
08/11/09 07:10 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The Mafia was and honored and loyal society for hundreds of years until the RICO acts kicked in, but you people are all thinking it was always bad because everyone was disloyal and became rats which is NOT true, disloyalty did not appear much within the Mafia until the 1970's when RICO kicked in.

That's an overly simplified, romantic view of the Mob. The bottom line is they feed off those who cannot fight them and they're thieves (and not like Robin Hood thieves).

Are they exciting to talk/read about? Absolutely! But they're a bunch of bad people. Don't romanticize them in your mind.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: SC] #551640
08/11/09 07:36 PM
08/11/09 07:36 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Pizzaboy, I highly doubt you are 50 years old if you're on a message board and so what if I'm in the minority on this forum, at least I know the truth. You people will never understand, you will never know unless you see it for yourselves like I have.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #551643
08/11/09 07:42 PM
08/11/09 07:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Pizzaboy, I highly doubt you are 50 years old if you're on a message board....

I'll be 50 in October. The Moderators on this board are in their 40s, 50s and even 60s, and most of the senior board members here are 40 and older. And I've fucking had it with your disrespect. I tried to explain to you that there was a time when I felt differently but my eyes were opened over the years. But you just want to argue and remain blissfully ignorant in your romantacized notions about mob life.

And by the way, you've seen nothing. You're a fucking child. I'm quite certain that your tough guy family members are nothing but a long line of gas station attendants and nail technicians.

Now fuck off.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: pizzaboy] #551646
08/11/09 07:54 PM
08/11/09 07:54 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Oh! I don't think 50 year olds talk like that. If I were a child, do you really think I'd be on a Mafia-based forum? I know first hand the truth about the Mafia so you can either listen to someone who has experienced it first hand or you could be fooled for the rest of your life thinking lies are the truth, it's up to you. I'm not going to play these immature little games with you, if you were truly 50, you wouldn't be using that kind of talk. You're just someone who is an Italian/Mafioso wannabe, where I live there's a word for someone like that, it's called a poser. If you don't want to know the truth from someone who has experienced it first hand than that's up to you, but I'm not going to argue with a stoonad. Someone lock this topic before things get out of hand.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #551687
08/12/09 10:25 AM
08/12/09 10:25 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

at least I know the truth. You people will never understand, you will never know unless you see it for yourselves like I have.

There you go again. Generalizing and disrepectfully challenging those who you don't agree with. Replying in a condescending manner.

I told you over in the other topic, cut out the tough guy know it all attitude and show some respect. Debate all you want and disagree all you want. But do it in a respectful way!

Then maybe you'll be given some respect in return!!!!

Thank you!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: pizzaboy] #551693
08/12/09 11:27 AM
08/12/09 11:27 AM
J
JerseyGuy Offline
Wiseguy
JerseyGuy  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pizzaboy, I highly doubt you are 50 years old if you're on a message board....

I'll be 50 in October. The Moderators on this board are in their 40s, 50s and even 60s, and most of the senior board members here are 40 and older. And I've fucking had it with your disrespect. I tried to explain to you that there was a time when I felt differently but my eyes were opened over the years. But you just want to argue and remain blissfully ignorant in your romantacized notions about mob life.

And by the way, you've seen nothing. You're a fucking child. I'm quite certain that your tough guy family members are nothing but a long line of gas station attendants and nail technicians.

Now fuck off.

He's rightt ITB, I used to be just as naive as you when I first signed up here. I thought of the Italian mob as a once honored society who's members used to be half-way decent guys, sure they were crooks but I was positive that not all of them were horrid scumbags but the more I read here from the experts on the subject, the more I started to modify and lose these views. Sure I'm still having some trouble letting go of the opinions that I held for so long but I'm starting to realize that I probably watched goodfellas too many times and maybe the mafia isn't what I envisioned it to be.

This is all coming from a teen with a stubborn as fuck attitude. Just read what the people here have to say and you'll start to come away with the same views. I was the eexact same way as you, I used to think that Turnbull'a writings in this topic were lame and bullshir but when you really pay attention to the guys here, you start agreeing with them because they tend to be correct in a lot of what they post.

So stop being a toughguy asshole and accept the fact that you don't know as much as you think.

Last edited by JerseyGuy; 08/12/09 11:35 AM.
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #551699
08/12/09 04:23 PM
08/12/09 04:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok everyone, he's been sent on a week long vacation.

I think it best that we all drop it now.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Don Cardi] #551700
08/12/09 04:29 PM
08/12/09 04:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good deal, DC.

Back on topic: The best way to stay under the radar is to avoid being promoted. As TB said, the minute you get "made" you become a target, because someone is going to notify law enforcement about 5 minutes after you get your finger pricked.

Then if you get bumped up to skipper or boss, fuggetaboutit. You become as wanted as any terrorist on the FBI's most wanted list.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Don Cardi] #551720
08/12/09 09:13 PM
08/12/09 09:13 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Ok everyone, he's been sent on a week long vacation.

[...sound of "Hallelujah Chorus" crescendoing in the background] clap

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #552444
08/21/09 01:59 PM
08/21/09 01:59 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Originally Posted By: JerseyGuy
He's rightt ITB, I used to be just as naive as you when I first signed up here. I thought of the Italian mob as a once honored society who's members used to be half-way decent guys, sure they were crooks but I was positive that not all of them were horrid scumbags but the more I read here from the experts on the subject, the more I started to modify and lose these views. Sure I'm still having some trouble letting go of the opinions that I held for so long but I'm starting to realize that I probably watched goodfellas too many times and maybe the mafia isn't what I envisioned it to be.

This is all coming from a teen with a stubborn as fuck attitude. Just read what the people here have to say and you'll start to come away with the same views. I was the eexact same way as you, I used to think that Turnbull'a writings in this topic were lame and bullshir but when you really pay attention to the guys here, you start agreeing with them because they tend to be correct in a lot of what they post.

So stop being a toughguy asshole and accept the fact that you don't know as much as you think.

Do you honestly think that these people who claim to be experts are actually experts? In an online forum people can claim to be whoever they want to be. To be honest I don't think you have any right to say that I don't know as much as I think and to say that I'm naive, you don't know me, and no one else on here knows me. Unlike many people on here, I don't rely on other people to tell me what's the truth and what's not the truth, I research everything myself. Sure, I've watched and read fictional stories about the Mafia, but I've also actually watched just about every truthful documentary about the Mafia and have read just about every truthful non-fiction book about the Mafia. A really good book is Cosa Nostra by John Dickie. I have read things on the Internet about the Mafia which I know is not always reliable but it's still informative. I've also researched the Mafia by looking into detailed accounts of people's experience with them. I've even talked to people who have come in contact with the Mafia. Everything I've researched and experienced first hand states that the Mafia started hundreds of years ago in Sicily, it was meant for the protection of the Italian people to protect them from the invaders trying to take over Italy and Sicily, and when the Italian immigrants came over to the US the Mafia was there to protect the poor Italian people (let's not forget the Italians had it way worse than any other ethnic group) and some Mafia bosses even gave the poor Italians money, and the Mafia was an honored society. So you're telling me that everything I've researched and experienced first hand isn't true? Books, documentaries, and actual people can back up what I'm stating. Like I said I don't rely on other people to tell me what's the truth and what's not the truth, I research things myself. I think myself and everyone here got off on the wrong foot, in no way were my posts meant to be disrespectful, I apologize if I offended anyone, but seriously stop acting like you know me and stop acting like you guys think you know everything, I feel like I'm talking to people who think they are the Aryan race.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552445
08/21/09 02:03 PM
08/21/09 02:03 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Also let's not forget that many Mafia movies actually happened like Goodfellas for example, sure Hollywood does glamorize those types of movies, but Henry Hill himself stated that Goodfellas was 90% if not 99% accurate, the only thing that wasn't accurate is the appearance and name of Joe Pesci's character.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552498
08/22/09 11:00 AM
08/22/09 11:00 AM
J
JerseyGuy Offline
Wiseguy
JerseyGuy  Offline
J
Wiseguy
You tend to forget that Henry Hill is a pompous scumbag who's testimony is just as questionable as Richard Kuklinski. I'm sure that some Mafiosos aren't the monsters that they are seen as by the rest of the world and maybe the Mafia used to have what we would call honor but the fact remains that 95% of the guys are scum and would ruin our lives and probably kill us if it ment some money. The massive majority of mobsters aren't good people and I would never wanna be in business with them.

And as for the poor thing and protecting Italians, what would you call the Black Hand. I'm positive that stealing from peasent shopkeepers isn't the definition of protective.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #552529
08/22/09 05:21 PM
08/22/09 05:21 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Yes Henry Hill is a scumbag but there's still people alive today who were associated with the story behind Goodfellas who also said it's very accurate. Maybe the Mafiosi today are scum, but back then they were not, they were good people back then but the newer generations of Mafiosi don't uphold the same rules and honor as the older generations did. As for the Black Hand, yes they did collect money from shopkeepers, but most shopkeepers probably were not Italian depending on the location. In Sicily the Mafia would protect for no cost, but in the US the Mafia did put a price on protection, if people wanted protection they would pay the Mafia money, if they didn't pay the Mafia money for that protection yes they would get hurt in some way, I'm sure many people who are hired to protect certain people would get pissed if they weren't paid for all that protection they're giving, it's not necessarily a bad thing, it makes sense why the Mafia would hurt people if they weren't paid.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552586
08/23/09 09:18 AM
08/23/09 09:18 AM
J
JerseyGuy Offline
Wiseguy
JerseyGuy  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I'm not even gonna try to explain to you how ridiculous that statement is. It's safer just to call you stupid

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #552620
08/23/09 07:44 PM
08/23/09 07:44 PM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
Seeing how I have my own personal experiences with the Mafia and know a lot of things no one else does I don't think I'd be the stupid one.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #552622
08/23/09 07:55 PM
08/23/09 07:55 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It's safer just to call you stupid

Do NOT start with the personal insults, name calling and attacks.

Stick to the discussion and voice your feelings and opinions all that you want, but DO NOT make it personal.

Don Cardi cool

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Don Cardi] #552625
08/23/09 09:33 PM
08/23/09 09:33 PM
San Francisco, California
Blackie Offline
Celtic Warrior
Blackie  Offline
Celtic Warrior
Made Member
I wonder if anybody actually knows any living mobsters besides people who supposedly know a guy who knows a guy

Nothin better than watchin
Boondock Saints on St.Paddy's Day...and getting drunk. Check this out http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/199416 and http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/15502 and http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/82679
Learn to speak Gaelic
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Blackie] #552626
08/23/09 09:35 PM
08/23/09 09:35 PM
Blackie Offline
Celtic Warrior
Blackie  Offline
Celtic Warrior
Made Member
I know the mob is a bunch of scumbags scamming old people and selling drugs to street gangs in their own north beach italian neighborhoods but i do enjoy reading italian mafia boss's posts u r fuckin hilarious dude, really keep posting and sc don't mind if i steal that sandbox line....

Last edited by Blackie; 08/24/09 12:20 PM.

Boondock Saints on St.Paddy's Day...and getting drunk. Check this out http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/199416 and http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/15502 and http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/82679
Learn to speak Gaelic
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Don Cardi] #552662
08/24/09 09:23 AM
08/24/09 09:23 AM
J
JerseyGuy Offline
Wiseguy
JerseyGuy  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
It's safer just to call you stupid

Do NOT start with the personal insults, name calling and attacks.

Stick to the discussion and voice your feelings and opinions all that you want, but DO NOT make it personal.

Yeah, sorry. It's kinda hard for me not to lose my temper. It won't happen again

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552756
08/24/09 07:08 PM
08/24/09 07:08 PM
Cesena Italy
L
ledblimp Offline
Made Member
ledblimp  Offline
L
Made Member
Cesena Italy
Also let's not forget that many Mafia movies actually happened like Goodfellas for example, sure Hollywood does glamorize those types of movies, but Henry Hill himself stated that Goodfellas was 90% if not 99% accurate, the only thing that wasn't accurate is the appearance and name of Joe Pesci's character.

Was Hill drunk or stoned when he said that? Or both?

Been a few years since I've read Wiseguy but I remember it being quite a bit different than Goodfellas.

Pesci's character was Tommy D - real life his name was Tommy DiSimone.

Ron

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: ledblimp] #552783
08/24/09 09:56 PM
08/24/09 09:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Henry Hill was--is--a pathological liar. But he's a good storyteller. I like a good story, whether or not it's true.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Turnbull] #552809
08/25/09 01:58 AM
08/25/09 01:58 AM
Boss Of All Bosses
Boss Of All Bosses
Made Member
I'm still surprised Henry Hill isn't dead by now.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552818
08/25/09 07:43 AM
08/25/09 07:43 AM
J
JerseyGuy Offline
Wiseguy
JerseyGuy  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I'm more surprised that Sammy The Bull is still breathing

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: JerseyGuy] #552824
08/25/09 10:44 AM
08/25/09 10:44 AM
Blackie Offline
Celtic Warrior
Blackie  Offline
Celtic Warrior
Made Member
i am surprised whitey bulger is still at large number two wanted man in america next to osama

Learn to speak Gaelic
Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #552825
08/25/09 11:04 AM
08/25/09 11:04 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm still surprised Henry Hill isn't dead by now.

Most of the guys that he hurt are long dead by now. The ones who aren't are either jailed for life or realize that killing such a high profile rat would be terrible business. The Feds would never let up on them.

That's one of the myths that we've discussed in another thread, that wiseguys will always hunt a rat to the end of the earth. While that may very well be true in some instances, it's not always the case. It's just impractical at times, especially in such high profile cases.

If the Luccheses still wanted Hill dead, he'd be dead. End of story. The guy is a fucking moron, incapable of keeping a low profile. He's never been that hard to find. Christ, he's on Youtube every other day lol.

Re: How do some guys stay under the radar? [Re: pizzaboy] #552826
08/25/09 12:10 PM
08/25/09 12:10 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's one of the myths that we've discussed in another thread, that wiseguys will always hunt a rat to the end of the earth. While that may very well be true in some instances, it's not always the case. It's just impractical at times, especially in such high profile cases.

Plus, it costs money and time to hunt them down. In this era of "Cosa Mia," no one wants to make that sacrifice.

Quote:
The guy is a fucking moron, incapable of keeping a low profile. He's never been that hard to find. Christ, he's on Youtube every other day lol.

Probably has his own website, sells hot sauce with his picture on it... rolleyes

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull