GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Toodoped, RushStreet, Mafia101, 2 invisible), 310 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,611
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,094
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,651
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Favourite GF II sequence #6125
01/20/04 11:03 AM
01/20/04 11:03 AM
Lima, Peru
Michael/Corleone Offline OP
Underboss
Michael/Corleone  Offline OP
Underboss
Lima, Peru
-Michael as Don
-Young Vito

JABS

America is a continent, NOT a country.
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6126
01/20/04 08:18 PM
01/20/04 08:18 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Gee you really narrowed it down, Mike as the Don and Young Vito, what else was in the movie besides that? tongue My favourite GF2 scene/sequence is the first 2 Vito scenes (w/o moustache),You're nothing to me now and the flashback at the very end.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6127
01/20/04 10:04 PM
01/20/04 10:04 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
While it is really hard to choose because there are so many great scenes in that movie, my personal favorites are Pentangelli at the communion complaing that there are no "sauzeege and peppers" and the flashback scene at the end, especially when Fredo congratulates Mike for joining the service and Sonny loses his mind! smile

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6128
01/20/04 10:18 PM
01/20/04 10:18 PM
NC
Dynamike Offline
Wiseguy
Dynamike  Offline
Wiseguy
NC
My favorite scene was not very flashy, but it's the part where Tom Hagen and Frank Pentangeli share a cigar on the base where he is being protected. They discuss how in Roman times, when a plot against the emperor failed, the only honorable thing for the plotter to do was take a hot bath, open up his wrists and bleed to death. (“Don’t you worry about a thing, Frankie Five-Angels.”)

That scene always makes me wanna go light up a nice cigar.

"Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they're leading."
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6129
01/21/04 03:08 AM
01/21/04 03:08 AM
cannoli Offline
Made Member
cannoli  Offline
Made Member
To me, it has to be when Roth delivers his "This is the business we've chosen" speech. To me, that is the most significant scene in all THREE movies.

There is so much going on here. On the surface, of course, it's just a WONDERFUL bit of dialogue. But underneath? You could interpret it SO many ways. Roth is obviously telling Michael he knows darn well who set up the hit on Moe Green. But I've always wondered whether this went deeper ... whether it was Roth's way to telling Michael (without telling him, of course) that he hadn't forgotten and that his time would come. Sort of like the "revenge is a dish that is best served cold" line in the book.

Thoughts, anyone?

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6130
01/21/04 07:50 AM
01/21/04 07:50 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
- "You broke my heart", Michael and Fredo in Cuba

- When Kay and Michael have their fight when she tells him about the abortion.

Both scenes had such superb acting from Al Pacino.

- When Vito kills the old Mafia chief (Don Cicci?) who killed his father.

It's all bloody good though, too much to choose from really! smile

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6131
01/21/04 09:27 AM
01/21/04 09:27 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I always enjoy the final sequence leading up to and including Fredo's death (and Frankie's as well!)...right from the lowering of the boat through to Michael finally sitting alone in the lakehouse.

Though you know full well what's going to happen, I think the buildup and tension of those final moments are superb filmmaking. Many times, I even find myself reciting the Hail Mary along with Fredo...right up until the sound of the gunshot (and yes, he IS given time by Neri to finish the prayer).

Never fails to give me chills.

AppleOnYa
Though you know

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6132
01/21/04 10:02 AM
01/21/04 10:02 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
My response to this is usually the Young Vito scenes, but to add to Apple's response, I like the short scene of Michael gazing out the window after Fredo's murder. Chilling!!!

Also another "small" scene, when Anthony draws the picture for Michael and asks if he can go to work with him. Michael says "someday", and just the look on his face making one wonder if he was proud of his boy, and hoping he'd be in the "family" one day. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6133
01/21/04 11:21 AM
01/21/04 11:21 AM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Tough question. I would just say the whole film wink

Two scenes that stick out in my mind:

#1 Young Vito stalking Fannuci on the rooftops. Great combination of scenery, photography and sound.

#2 Asking of Roberto the landlord to give the widow back her apt. We see Vito coming into his own, ceasing to be the meek hard worker to changing to the confident don. cool

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6134
01/21/04 11:29 AM
01/21/04 11:29 AM
chile
angiez23 Offline
Underboss
angiez23  Offline
Underboss
chile
- young vito
-"you broke my hart" michael to fredo
- when fredo is murder and michael is in the window
- the fight with kay for the baby stuff
etc, etc

" What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"

" Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life"- there is a light that never goes out by The smiths.
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6135
01/21/04 04:45 PM
01/21/04 04:45 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
What was the picture that anothany drew for michael? I can never make it out in Part II and III.

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6136
01/21/04 04:50 PM
01/21/04 04:50 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Lights:
What was the picture that anothany drew for michael?...
I believe it's a car, with Anthony pointing out 'Daddy' and 'Me' with arrows.

Something like that...indicating that daddy goes away alot, and Anthony wishes he could go with him.

Interesting how in GFIII the adult Tony had gone in the opposite direction. Apparently the message is he's seen what his father REALLY does and now wants no part of it (probably beginning with the 'mysterious' death of his uncle Fredo).

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6137
01/21/04 06:33 PM
01/21/04 06:33 PM
Connecticut
Don Lights Offline
Underboss
Don Lights  Offline
Underboss
Connecticut
ok thanks apple for the confirmation I knew it was a limo, but I wanted to know more detail about it.

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6138
01/21/04 06:59 PM
01/21/04 06:59 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Y'know...it's really amazing after seeing a movie so many times, the details you never think about, but then seem to know all about when someone asks.

Think I've seen GF/GFIII one time too many???

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Best grin ,
Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6139
01/23/04 05:20 PM
01/23/04 05:20 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
This is gonna sound strange but my fav. is when when Kay tells Mike about the abortion. Right before he hits her the look in his eyes. His eyes gives me chills.

I was also wandering why the communion party seems it is more for the adults than Anthony's age group. confused

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6140
01/23/04 05:32 PM
01/23/04 05:32 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Mignon:
..I was also wandering why the communion party seems it is more for the adults than Anthony's age group...
Well, let's face it there were more adults there than children. They had to be entertained.

The children with whom Anthony received First Communion did have their own table to sit at. Kids that age don't sit still though, and they probably had more fun just running around the grounds. Let's assume there was a clown show or something to keep them amused that FFC decided not to film.

Also...people are naming particular scenes or moments as their favorites, and that's fine. But I recall the initial post was as to everone's favorite sequence. It's a little different and frankly, quite a bit more interesting discussion that way.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6141
01/25/04 12:15 PM
01/25/04 12:15 PM
London
boneear Offline
Made Member
boneear  Offline
Made Member
London
When Michael hits Kay in the face, and when he shuts the door in her... face.
Kay is my least favourite character...

"And a little bit o' wine. An' a little bit o' sugar, and that's my trick."
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6142
01/25/04 02:14 PM
01/25/04 02:14 PM
Southeast USA
Don Vanchenzo Offline
Capo
Don Vanchenzo  Offline
Capo
Southeast USA
The table discussion of Vito, Clemenza and Tessio regarding Fanucci's payment demand. I love it when Clemenza gets so put out with Vito, he clicks his pinky ring on the table and motions to Tessio as if to say "You try to talk some sense into him."

It's very poinant, I believe, to watch Vito quietly convince them to leave the Fanucci problem in his hands. This is the magical beginning of Vito's transformation into "Un uomo di rispetto" orange

"The Godfather was a man to whom everybody came for help and never were they disappointed. He made no empty promises, nor the craven excuse that his hands were tied by more powerful forces in the world than himself. It was not necessary that he be your friend, it was not even important that you had no means with which to repay him. Only one thing was required. That you, yourself, proclaim your friendship. And then, no matter how poor or powerless the supplicant, the Godfather would take that person's troubles to his heart. He would let nothing stand in the way to a solution of that person's woe. His reward? Friendship, the respectful title 'Don' and sometimes the more affectionate salutation of 'Godfather.' Perhaps, to show respect only, never for profit, some humble gift - a gallon or homemade wine or a basket of fresh baked goods on a holiday. It was understood to proclaim that you were in his debt and that he had the right to call upon you at any time to redeem the debt by some small service." -- Mario Puzo, The Godfather (1969).
Re: Favourite GF II sequence #6143
01/30/04 03:49 AM
01/30/04 03:49 AM
Las Vegas
Connie_Corleone Offline
Wiseguy
Connie_Corleone  Offline
Wiseguy
Las Vegas
To me, the 'December 7, 1941 - Pearl Harbor Attack - Don Corleone's birthday' scene. It perfectly encapsulates all of the characters - Sonny, hothead, traditional. Tom - compromising, thinking. Fredo - simple, trusting, good hearted basically (he was the only one to congratulate Michael). Connie - pleasing, repressed personality. and of course Michael - going his own way.

And when you see Michael sitting alone, remembering that day ... it's perfection, truly.

"You blamed him for Sonny -- you always did. Everybody did. But you never thought about me -- you never gave a damn about me."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull