GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 160 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,563
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Check out my blog about the 5 families #548044
07/08/09 03:39 AM
07/08/09 03:39 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/

post some comments and follow me!!! Thanks people!

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: Dapper_Don] #548115
07/08/09 06:29 PM
07/08/09 06:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/

post some comments and follow me!!! Thanks people!

Good blog but.....

Nick Corozzo is not the boss of the Gambino family. That's simply an internet rumor that has floated around for a long time. In the latest indictments he was identified as a captain. Though he is imprisoned, Peter Gotti is still the official boss of the family. Incidentally, Corozzo was set to become the new boss back in the 90's after the family finally prevailed on John Gotti to step down but he was indicted before that could happen. And since his indictment, it's unlikely that Dom Cefalu remained acting underboss. Also, the recent estimate in the New York Post for the Gambinos having 260 members is likely inflated. They had an article the year before that cited 175-200 members. It's not too realistic that the family made 60-85 members over the past year. The average estimate for the family's membership is about 200.

Mario Gigante is not the boss of the Genovese family. He was identified as a possible acting boss helping to lead the family, like several captains have, about five years ago. Danny Leo was the acting boss of the family but that stopped once he was indicted. The whole purpose of having an acting boss is because they are on the street. Both Barney Bellomo and Tino Fiumara are relatively fresh out of prison and reportedly laying low. Both have been named as potential successors to become boss but that has yet to happen. And historically, it's unlikely it would be Tino. The family's leadership has almost always come from the Manhattan and Bronx crews, while Tino's crew is based in Jersey. Also, Dominick Cirillo is not the consigliere. That's another internet rumor. As far as is known, though he is in prison, Jimmy Ida is still the official consigliere. However there have been a few reports that Larry Dentico or Andy Gerardo may have been consigliere at different points, if only in an acting capacity. Cirillo has always been identified as a captain or as the acting boss in the late 90's and before he was indicted in 2005. The Post article also inflated the Genovese membership at 270. The year before they also cited 175-200. Again, not likely they made 70-95 members in a 12 month period. The average estimate for the family is about 200.

It appears Vinny Basciano was set to become the new Bonanno boss but he was indicted before that could happen. And now that he's doing life, it's even less likely. Also, just like if he were imprisoned, now that he's been deported, Sal Montagna is likely no longer the acting boss of the family.

Steven Crea is still the official underboss of the Lucchese family, not the acting boss. Neil Migliore isn't the underboss but rather the last one on the street of a three man panel that consisted of him, Matty Madonna and Joe DiNapoli before the latter two were indicted in that big Lucchese bust in Jersey in 2007.

Finally, like others stated above, it's unlikely that Tommy Gieoli is still the acting boss of the Colombo family since his indictment.

This is all that's really known at present according to the latest reports -

Gambino Family
Boss: Peter "Petey Boy" Gotti (IP)
Ruling Panel: Daniel Marino, John Gambino, Robert Vernace
Underboss: Arnold "Zeke" Squitieri (IP)
Consigliere: Joseph "Jo Jo" Corozzo (IP)

Genovese Family
Boss:
Underboss: Venaro "Benny Eggs" Mangano
Consigliere: James "The Little Guy" Ida (IP)

Bonanno Family
Boss:
Underboss:
Consigliere: Anthony "TG" Graziano (IP)
Acting Consigliere: Vincent "Vinny T.V." Badalamenti

Lucchese Family
Boss: Vittorio "Vic" Amuso (IP)
Underboss: Steven "Wonderboy" Crea
Consigliere: Joseph "Joe C" Caridi (IP)

Colombo Family
Boss: Carmine "The Snake" Persico (IP)
Underboss: John "Sonny" Franzese (IP)
Consigliere: Joel "Joe Waverly" Cacace (IP)

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: IvyLeague] #548116
07/08/09 06:42 PM
07/08/09 06:42 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
My charts are almost the same as yours except that in mine I dug deeper and put people who have been reported to be the "boss" on the chart and put their current status as if they were in jail and who is the current boss,etc If I have listed somebody in a position and they are in jail I will leave them in that spot unless I read information which contradicts that they no longer hold that spot. If somebody is under "indictment" that doesnt mean they dont perform their assigned duties until they officially go to jail. And I do admit that my estimates are a bit inflated by that post article, but those are the numbers I have chosen to include. I will update them after I get a better reading from a news report,etc if need be.

Thanks for checking out the blog and be sure to follow it! I would love to have you comment on the site on articles if you like.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/08/09 06:47 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: Dapper_Don] #548117
07/08/09 06:46 PM
07/08/09 06:46 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
These are the charts I have listed on the site:

Gambinos
Boss: Nicholas "Little Nick" Corozzo (jail)
Ruling Committee/Panel: Daniel Marino, Giovanni "John" Gambino, Bobby Vernace
Underboss: Arnold “Zeke” Squitieri (jail)
Acting Underboss: Domenico "Italian Dom" Cefalu (jail)
Consigliere: Joseph “Jo Jo” Corozzo (jail)

Genovese
Boss: Mario Gigante (possibly retired)
Acting Boss: Daniel "Danny the Lion" Leo (jail)
Street Boss: Liborio "Barney" Bellomo or Tino "T" Fiumara
Underboss: Venero Frank "Benny Eggs" Mangano
Consigliere: Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo

Bonanno
Boss: Vincent “Vinny Gorgeous” Basciano (jail)
Acting Boss: Salvatore “Sal the Iron Worker” Montagna (deported to Canada)
Underboss: Nicholas “Nicky Mouth” Santora
Consigliere: Anthony “Fat Tony” Rabito

Lucchese
Boss: Vittorio “Vic” Amuso (jail)
Acting Boss: Steven "Wonder Boy" Crea (parole)
Ruling Committee/Panel: Matthew Madonna, Joseph "Joey Dee" DiNapoli
Underboss: Aneillo "Neil" Migliore
Consigliere: Joseph "Joe C." Caridi (jail)

Colombo
Boss: Carmine “The Snake” Persico (jail)
Acting Boss: Thomas "Tommy Shots" Gioeli (jail)
Street Boss: Andrew "Andy Mush" Russo
Underboss: John “Sonny” Franzese
Consigliere: Ralph "Ralphie" Lombardo

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: Dapper_Don] #548162
07/08/09 10:59 PM
07/08/09 10:59 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
My charts are almost the same as yours except that in mine I dug deeper and put people who have been reported to be the "boss" on the chart and put their current status as if they were in jail and who is the current boss,etc If I have listed somebody in a position and they are in jail I will leave them in that spot unless I read information which contradicts that they no longer hold that spot. If somebody is under "indictment" that doesnt mean they dont perform their assigned duties until they officially go to jail. And I do admit that my estimates are a bit inflated by that post article, but those are the numbers I have chosen to include. I will update them after I get a better reading from a news report,etc if need be.

Thanks for checking out the blog and be sure to follow it! I would love to have you comment on the site on articles if you like.

You have "dug deeper" where? It's always best to go by official indictments, press releases, articles with law enforcement sources, etc. rather than some rumor floating around on the internet. Or by simple assumptions.

1. Nick Corozzo has never been identified by any official source as boss of the Gambino family. He has consistenly be cited as a captain, including in his latest indictments.

2. Peter Gotti is still listed by law enforcement as the official boss of the Gambino family.

3. Dom Cefalu has been in prison for some time now, hence he's really not in a position to perform in the capacity of an acting underboss.

4. Mario Gigante has never been identified as the boss of the Genovese family. A few reports about five years ago identified him as one of the captains who was helping to run the family. But that could be said about a number of them. The official boss position hasn't been filled since Vincent Gigante died in 2005 and Danny Leo was the last acting boss of record before he was imprisoned.

5. Barney Bellomo is officially a captain over a crew that operates in East Harlem and the Bronx. He was acting boss for the family during much of the 1990's before being convicted in 1997. He was released not too long ago and has not been identified as anything else than a captain though many consider him a potential successor to become boss.

6. Tino Fiumara is the captain of a crew based in New Jersey. Like Bellomo, he his name has been mentioned as a possible successor to take over the family, but there is nothing to suggest that has actually happened.

7. Dominick Cirillo is the captain of a crew based out of Manhattan. He was acting boss in the late 1990's but had to step down after suffering a heart attack. He then resumed his position as acting boss after he recovered but was indicted in 2005. He has never been listed by any official source as the consigliere.

8. In his most recent indictments before he was convicted, Vinny Basciano was identified as acting boss of the Bonanno family. Not the boss, which as been vacant since Joe Massino flipped.

9. Needless to say, it is going to be very hard for Sal Montagna to run the day to day operations of the Bonanno family, which an acting boss does, by remote from Canada.

10. Steven Crea is still cited by law enforcement as the underboss of the Lucchese family. Not the acting boss. With Amuso in prison for life and Crea under supervised release, the three man panel of Migliore, Madonna, and DiNapoli was running the family until Madonna and DiNapoli were indicted in 2007.

11. Tommy Gieoli is now behind bars so he also isn't likely running the day to day affairs of the Colombo family. Some reports have said Ralph Lombardo was the acting consigliere before he was imprisoned but the official consigliere of the family remains Joel Cacace.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: IvyLeague] #550210
07/26/09 04:42 PM
07/26/09 04:42 PM
D
DonZito Offline
Wiseguy
DonZito  Offline
D
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Mario Gigante is not the boss of the Genovese family

Actually he is. When Chin died, Mario was chosen. Mario being semi retired brought Daniel Leo in as a front man.

Now that Leo is gone and Mario has fully retired, its now Lawrence Dentico or Anthony Antico.

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: DonZito] #550373
07/28/09 06:59 AM
07/28/09 06:59 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DonZito
Actually he is. When Chin died, Mario was chosen. Mario being semi retired brought Daniel Leo in as a front man.

There is no evidence for this. Only some FBI intel, written about by Jerry Capeci in May 2004, that he had stepped up as one of the family captains to help run the family. There is nothing to suggest he ever became the official boss or even the acting boss of the family. Chin was the official boss until his death in December 2005 and there is a clear line of others that were acting bosses both before Chin was incarcerated and after. Mario was not among them but, as it appears, simply one of several captains helping to run the family.

Quote:
Now that Leo is gone and Mario has fully retired, its now Lawrence Dentico or Anthony Antico.

No evidence for this either. Larry Dentico just barely got out of prison in May. He is a New Jersey-based captain who was helping to run the family under acting boss Dominick Cirillo before they, along with captain John Barbato and acting-captain Anthony Antico, were indicted in April 2005.

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: IvyLeague] #550381
07/28/09 10:29 AM
07/28/09 10:29 AM
D
DonZito Offline
Wiseguy
DonZito  Offline
D
Wiseguy
So with all your explanations, can you pinpoint who the boss is?

You've been through all possible channels and exhausted the names to one:

Andrew Gigante.

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: DonZito] #550399
07/28/09 12:11 PM
07/28/09 12:11 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
So with all your explanations, can you pinpoint who the boss is?

You've been through all possible channels and exhausted the names to one:

Andrew Gigante.

SC warned you in another thread. I'm repeating his warning here:

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
[quote=DonZito]I would like to be treated as an equal human being.

you wont get that here lol

I'm a four times witness towards that now. cry

You shouldn't even be posting here. You've been banned twice before. [/quote]

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: Turnbull] #550413
07/28/09 04:40 PM
07/28/09 04:40 PM
D
DonZito Offline
Wiseguy
DonZito  Offline
D
Wiseguy
This is how it started all those months ago, people speaking down to me. And again, I'm having to suffer by explaining myself that I was just saying that I am eager to know who the next boss is. Turnbull, your a great source of knowledge, you must know who it is. There's gotta be at least 8 names and one is the right one.

Re: Check out my blog about the 5 families [Re: Turnbull] #550477
07/29/09 02:03 PM
07/29/09 02:03 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I would like to be treated as an equal human being.

I'm not an animal! I'm a human being!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull