GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 398 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,371
Posts1,059,524
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Beth E] #547474
07/03/09 07:51 PM
07/03/09 07:51 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Source: Powerful Sedative Propofol Found at Michael Jackson's Mansion

Friday , July 03, 2009

The powerful sedative Propofol — also known as Diprivan — was among several narcotics found in Michael Jackson's rented suburban Los Angeles mansion, a law enforcement source tells FOXNews.com.

Given intravenously, Propofol is used as part of inducing general anesthesia in the operating room, and for heavy sedation of patients who are intubated in the intensive care unit.

Cherilyn Lee, a nurse who worked for Jackson, claims the pop star begged her for the drug, and that just four days before his death, a member of Jackson's staff called and said "'Michael needs to see you right away." She says she heard Michael in the background saying, "One side of my body is hot, it’s hot, and one side of my body is cold. It’s very cold."

Lee's description of Jackson's condition mirrors a 2007 FDA alert to healthcare professionals detailing "several clusters of patients who have experienced chills, fever, and body aches shortly after receiving propofol for sedation or general anesthesia."

Lee insisted she did not provide Jackson with the drug. "He wasn't looking to get high or feel good and sedated from drugs," she said. "This was a person who was not on drugs. This was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest."

Authorities are investigating allegations that the 50-year-old Jackson had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants. The federal Drug Enforcement Administration and California Attorney General Jerry Brown both are helping Los Angeles police investigate the possible involvement of prescription drugs in Jackson's death.

Some of the prescriptions also were dispensed under various patient names and doctors, leading investigators to believe aliases were used to obtain the drugs.

FOXNews.com spoke to Dr. Howard Nearman, department chairman of anesthesia at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Ohio, about Propofol.

"Using this drug for insomnia is sort of like using a shotgun to kill an ant," Nearman said. "How someone could get a hold of this medication — and use it for the purpose that he allegedly used it for — is just incredible.”

If Jackson had this drug in his home, it would be against FDA guidelines. And if it was used in conjunction with any other painkiller or sedative, the combination could have ultimately led to his cardiac arrest and death.

“It should not be used out of an ICU or an operating room setting,” Nearman said. “Here at University Hospitals Case Medical Center… Diprivan can only be used by anesthesiologists or intensivists… and these people, who by virtues of training and experience, can handle this drug and manage any adverse side effect should they arise.”

It doesn't take a large dose of Diprivan to cause respiratory depression, which basically means a person will stop breathing, Nearman said, calling it a "slippery slope."

“Once the breathing is slowed down or the blood pressure drops, eventually the heart won’t be able to sustain itself.”

Two autopsies — one of them a private exam requested by his family — have been performed in Jackson. An official cause of death is not expected to be announced for several weeks.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Just Lou] #547520
07/04/09 10:34 AM
07/04/09 10:34 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
They had a discussion today about the many doctors MJ has had thru the years, suggesting that the doctor that was with MJ when he died, had not been with MJ therefore isn't necessarily responsible or played a part in his death.

These doctors who are proven to have enabled these celebrities should be held responsible. mad I think Elvis' doctor lost his license to practice, but that hardly seems enough for the crime. Then there's Anna Nicole and now MJ. IF the doctors contributed they should pay a price. Oh, and don't forget Heath Ledger who was supposedly on prescription drug medication.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547539
07/04/09 12:47 PM
07/04/09 12:47 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
these doctors cant say no...that is there flaw. i think they should get more besides there licence taken away.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: BAM_233] #547693
07/06/09 01:36 PM
07/06/09 01:36 PM
Beth E Offline OP
Crabby
Beth E  Offline OP
Crabby

Ok, I've always been one who believes in spirits and the after life. Click on this video of a tour of The Neverland Ranch. Tell me you don't see a shadow walk past the wall. I just go goose bumps.

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/07/michael_jackson_ghost.html

Last edited by Beth E; 07/06/09 01:37 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Beth E] #547707
07/06/09 02:31 PM
07/06/09 02:31 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Ok, I've always been one who believes in spirits and the after life. Click on this video of a tour of The Neverland Ranch. Tell me you don't see a shadow walk past the wall. I just go goose bumps.

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/07/michael_jackson_ghost.html

I'll give it this much. It's as good as anything they find on the ghost hunting reality shows. lol

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Just Lou] #547708
07/06/09 02:34 PM
07/06/09 02:34 PM
Beth E Offline OP
Crabby
Beth E  Offline OP
Crabby

Oh man, those shows scare the beejeebies out of me. lol

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Beth E] #547711
07/06/09 03:12 PM
07/06/09 03:12 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but my sister is a real life Ghost Hunter, and belongs to a ghost hunting group.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Just Lou] #547712
07/06/09 03:13 PM
07/06/09 03:13 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
thats cool...too bad that alot of the ghost hunting tv shows are fake

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Beth E] #547723
07/06/09 05:10 PM
07/06/09 05:10 PM
California

California
I'm with you Beth. That is very creepy. eek I hadn't seen this story anywhere tough.

Btw, they just announced that MJ's funeral will be tomorrow around 8:00 a.m., two hours before the public tribute.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547734
07/06/09 06:11 PM
07/06/09 06:11 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Btw, they just announced that MJ's funeral will be tomorrow around 8:00 a.m., two hours before the public tribute.TIS

It's about time the family let's him RIP.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Mignon] #547736
07/06/09 06:16 PM
07/06/09 06:16 PM
California

California
News here (and probably everywhere) is who's gonna pay for the cost of this event tomorrow? It's going to be in the millions. With CA broke, and with rumors of paycuts for school and state workers, increase in taxes, closure of some state parks, it doesn't sit well a lot of people.

On the other hand, I heard someone (sorry don't remember who) say the the city "has" funds for this type of thing. confused

The are asking people without tickets to stay home and don't go to the Staple Center. Yea, that's gonna happen. rolleyes

Btw, talk about trying to make a buck. These tickets were free, but some people have them on Ebay (I hear) and are trying to sell them for thousands.

TIS

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547738
07/06/09 06:32 PM
07/06/09 06:32 PM
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Btw, talk about trying to make a buck. These tickets were free, but some people have them on Ebay (I hear) and are trying to sell them for thousands.

TIS

From what I read, when the people picked up their tickets, they were given a tamper proof wrist band to prevent reselling. When they enter the arena tomorrow, they'll need to be wearing the wrist band.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Just Lou] #547744
07/06/09 07:15 PM
07/06/09 07:15 PM
pfaff_luhver Offline
LOOKIN' 4 A LUVER IN A WORLD THAT'S MUCH TOO DARK
pfaff_luhver  Offline
LOOKIN' 4 A LUVER IN A WORLD THAT'S MUCH TOO DARK
Button
I cried! I was shocked when I found out from listening to the radio, I was listening to 100.3(Love FM)...he obviously died from too much stress causing heart failure. it's not unusual. frown

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: pfaff_luhver] #547767
07/06/09 10:17 PM
07/06/09 10:17 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
WAY TO GO, PETER KING!!

It's about time somebody had the guts to speak out and publicly say what needed to be said about Michael Jackson and the absurd media circus of the past 10 days. I'll take this 'rant' over any of Al Sharpton's.

http://wcbstv.com/politics/peter.king.youtube.2.1074112.html

Congressman Expands On YouTube Video, Says Media Coverage Of King Of Pop's Death "An Orgy Of Glorification"

Pablo Guzman - MASSAPEQUA PARK, N.Y.

Over the weekend, Long Island Congressman Peter King posted what is often called "a rant" on YouTube -- sounding off. In this case, about what he called the media glorification of Michael Jackson....

"For the last, I don't know how long now, this low-life Michael Jackson, his name, his face, his picture, is all over the newspapers, television, radio. That's all we hear about is Michael Jackson. Let's knock out this psycho-babble. This guy was a pervert, a child molestor, he was a pedophile, and to be giving this much coverage to him day in and day out, what's it say about us a country?" ..."I just thought, this has gone over the top. It was an orgy of glorification"...

On the video King also says: "I just think we're too politically correct. No one wants to stand up and say, 'We don't need Michael Jackson!' He died, he had some talent, but fine, there are people dying every day. There are men and women dying everyday in Afghanistan, let's give them the credit they deserve.

"The bottom line is, would you let your child or grandchild be alone in a room with Michael Jackson?

King also says "there was nothing good about this guy" even though Jackson "may have been a good singer" and "did some dancing."...

"Yes, he did violate young boys. He did put them in terribly inappropriate positions. And that's a terrible signal to be sending out to society -- that we're somehow condoning that behavior. And you are condoning it when you give him the type of --- when we give him the type of regal coverage! And millions of people fighting to get to this mega-memorial! I mean, this is --- this is wrong!"

...King said Monday: "Listen, I feel a lot of sympathy for Michael Jackson. I mean this guy was a tortured person..."So I said it yesterday. I'm speaking today. I will not be speaking tomorrow, on the day of his memorial. I mean, here's a guy who had so much; in the end, he really had very little."

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 07/06/09 10:20 PM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: AppleOnYa] #547768
07/06/09 10:31 PM
07/06/09 10:31 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
king is right about the media, and i dont totally agree with him on his other statements, but hey free contry...at least he respected jackson and the family enough and not doing this tomorrow.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: BAM_233] #547793
07/07/09 01:24 AM
07/07/09 01:24 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
King has a point...if only he had delivered it better.

What does it say when he has to backtrack like he did? He should have given the facts: That Jackson was accused publicly in two rather-publicized clouds of molestation, one which was paid off with a settlement that may or may not have been part of a shakedown*...and the other, a combination that Whacko Jackso escaped because of his celebrity, and quite frankly the prosecution's case was piss poor.

Or the adult videos and alleged "photos" of himself...

Jackson is in a way alot like Clinton and Palin. They're supposedly "clean," and yet shit seems to follow them like rats to the Pied Piper.

*=which a 1994 CQ Article argued.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #547794
07/07/09 01:45 AM
07/07/09 01:45 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
King is my Congressman. I didn't vote for him and I find him way too conservative for my liking BUT I have to agree with him on this.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: SC] #547817
07/07/09 09:47 AM
07/07/09 09:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SC
King is my Congressman. I didn't vote for him and I find him way too conservative for my liking BUT I have to agree with him on this.

That sums up how I feel. Except, of course, that I live in a different congressional district.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: pizzaboy] #547832
07/07/09 10:14 AM
07/07/09 10:14 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
While I agree that the amount of media coverage is ridiculous, I disagree with King's statements that Michael Jackson is a pervert and pedophile. He was cleared of all charges, and it's quite possible that extortion was involved. Mr. King should know better than to accuse someone of such things when they were found to be not guilty of all charges.

I believe that Michael was indeed a tortured soul. I also believe that to make him a hero borders on the absurd. Talent at the genius level? Absolutely, but that doesn't turn someone who was disturbed (at the very least) into a prince.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Sicilian Babe] #547837
07/07/09 10:22 AM
07/07/09 10:22 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I disagree with King's statements that Michael Jackson is a pervert and pedophile. He was cleared of all charges, and it's quite possible that extortion was involved. Mr. King should know better than to accuse someone of such things when they were found to be not guilty of all charges.

I think King is speaking for many of us who feel those pedophile trials were a sham (much like OJ Simpson's first trial). King may be skirting on the border of libeling Jackson but I give Peter some credit for speaking his mind.

Usually I'd let the dead rest in peace but this case is open for a free-for-all.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Sicilian Babe] #547840
07/07/09 10:24 AM
07/07/09 10:24 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I disagree with King's statements that Michael Jackson is a pervert and pedophile. He was cleared of all charges, and it's quite possible that extortion was involved. Mr. King should know better than to accuse someone of such things when they were found to be not guilty of all charges.

Yo Babe! King is just grandstanding and should be ignored. I agree that the media coverage is out of control, but have to diagree with your belief hat he was not a pedophile. He paid a huge settlement to one family, and he was found "not guilty" by a California jury (so was O.J.) which simply means the prosecutor did not establish the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

When you say extortion was involved, what do you mean? In order to commit extortion one needs some information to use to be paid hush money. What would that be if not pedophilia?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: Sicilian Babe] #547842
07/07/09 10:25 AM
07/07/09 10:25 AM
California

California
I believe he was found "not guilty" which would indicate there wasn't enough evidence to prove otherwise . Yes, technically he has NO charges proven, but right or wrong, put me in the group that doesn't believe he is innocent. ohwell All I can say is, I love MJ's music, and can't deny his talent. Yet, I'd probably be more into this event if I didn't feel deep in my gut that the guy was guilty of the horrible crimes he's accused of. Affairs, drugs, and other things seem easier to overlook but when it comes to this, I have a problem overlooking, let alone forgiving. ohwell

Whether or not they should wait until after the funeral before they even talk about thisthough, I don't know.
Speaking of which, CNN is reporting that now the family is moving MJ's body to the Staple Center for the tribute. I don't know, it seems it'll get even more chaotic.

TIS

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: SC] #547846
07/07/09 10:28 AM
07/07/09 10:28 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't disagree with the SENTIMENT of his statement. It is absurd, the media attention that MJ has received. However, I honestly am not sure if he truly was a pedophile or not. I think that there is a very great possibility that he was that "Peter Pan" about younger boys. And if the parents of these boys were honestly that concerned, why did they allow it at all?? I wouldn't let my kids sleep over someone's house like that?? It was OK because they got the privileges of a millionaire friendship?? If he did molest those boys (a definite IF for me), then their parents were just as guilty for putting their kids in harm's way.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547855
07/07/09 11:00 AM
07/07/09 11:00 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Speaking of which, CNN is reporting that now the family is moving MJ's body to the Staple Center for the tribute. I don't know, it seems it'll get even more chaotic.

TIS

Pleae tell me this is not going to be an "open casket" event.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: dontomasso] #547856
07/07/09 11:03 AM
07/07/09 11:03 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Pleae tell me this is not going to be an "open casket" event.

If it is, I hope they got someone from the clown college down in Sarasota to do the make-up.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: pizzaboy] #547857
07/07/09 11:05 AM
07/07/09 11:05 AM
California

California
They are reporting that the private service is over and that it was a closed casket. They also said they will be moving the casket to the Staple Center. Yet, they said, they didn't know if the body was in the casket?" Hu??? confused

TIS

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547858
07/07/09 11:08 AM
07/07/09 11:08 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
They are reporting that the private service is over and that it was a closed casket. They also said they will be moving the casket to the Staple Center. Yet, they said, they didn't know if the body was in the casket?" Hu??? confused

TIS

Empty caskets are used for memorial services quite a bit, TIS. Especially when the body is starting to decay. And after two weeks, the 25 years I spent in the funeral business tell me that Michael is pretty ripe right about now.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #547859
07/07/09 11:09 AM
07/07/09 11:09 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

TIS

That's because I just saw Michael buying a Slurpee at 7-11. He was with Elvis.

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: dontomasso] #547860
07/07/09 11:11 AM
07/07/09 11:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
That's because I just saw Michael buying a Slurpee at 7-11. He was with Elvis.

And Elvis was kicking the shit out of him... "YOU FUCKING PERVERT, YOU MESSED WITH MY DAUGHTER"

Re: Michael Jackson IS DEAD!!!! [Re: SC] #547886
07/07/09 01:37 PM
07/07/09 01:37 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
The pallbearers just brought the casket in to that Staple Center. It looks like it is made of gold.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull