GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 129 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,873
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,538
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane #542344
05/27/09 02:26 AM
05/27/09 02:26 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
I've wanted to post this thread for a long time now, but never had the couple of hours to do so. Now is the perfect time, because many of our old members are back to visit and I'm sure they'll have plenty to add to this thread. So let's start!

Fasten your seatbelts everyone, as I'm about to take you on a trip down memory lane, a trip through eight years of wonderful, emotional, interesting, funny, intelligent, informative, and simply outstanding posts and threads that shall not be forgotten! This thread will serve as your local museum, an easy access to all the gems of the past and the future!

In no particular order, I'm going to mention a number of unforgettable threads. First I'll give you the name of the thread, then a description of why I think it deserves to be here and if there are any specific posts inside you should look for, and finally I'll give you the link.

Got it? here we go..

----------------
----------------

Geary's Sources
This thread is listed here because it has, what I believe to be, the single most amazing post ever written by Turnbull about the Godfather world. Over the years, Turnbull has made numerous posts worthy of being here, but if I had to handpick just one, this thread would be it. I'm mostly talking about his first long post in this thread, but the others are great read as well. A very informative thread, explaining all you ever wanted to know about Turnbull, written by no other than...Turnbull grin Here be your link:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=18401#Post18401

-----

Last Chapter Analysis
And now one for the book. What JustMe did in this thread is unbelievable. You will never find such a detailed and interesting analysis of the Godfather's last chapter. A very long read, but that's a positive thing, because you wont regret a single moment of reading:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50751#Post50751

---

Trivia: who is this guy?
This thread is a classic for generations. It's simply impossible to forget Guest24, who came in here asking who's the guy in a certain pic. The thread basically shook the foundations of this forum, it drove everyone crazy...bets were made, friendships were broken, and of course I'm exaggerating...but it was way too funny, because Guest24 never came back, and people came up with all sorts of theories and...well you just gotta read this classic:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=28421#Post28421

---

A Prayer for Plawrence
A direct link to Plaw's last post. I think that everyone will agree that no other post in this forum has ever made so many people so happy. Because it gave us hope. Hope that he will return. What he said in that post, the very last words about his friends in here, those words shall not be forgotten. I cant think of making a thread for unforgettable posts and not include this:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=165346#Post165346

--

"The night before Christmas" Godfather version
The very best from Plawrence. It's such a masterpiece, that it only gets better and better every time you read it:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=140795#Post140795

---

I was right there!
Don Cardi's unforgettable 9/11 threads, from the eyes of someone who was right there when it happened:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=56586#Post56586

And the follow-up thread, Went back to work yesterday! :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=56621#Post56621

---

How I get Revenge!
Bogey's masterpiece. Miss Roommate thought she could mess around with bogey. And boy was she wrong:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=341460#Post341460

---

JG on the air!
This thread is a big feast. JG was on Joel Gibbs' radio show, and the excitement was all over! some GBB members got on the air as well to answer some questions. Relive those exciting moments:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=101748&page=1

---

And now for a couple of outstanding sightseeing threads. Sadly, the pictures on the first page arent showing anymore, but I'm hoping it's only on my end and you guys get to see those outstanding pictures. In any case, both threads are worthy not only for the pics but for the discussions as well:

Look Familiar? by SC:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3275#Post3275

My trip to the Corleone Mall by Just Lou:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20762#Post20762

---

Now that we had a couple of sightseeing threads....how about a couple of CELEBRITY sightseeing threads?

Godfather Legacy - Shooting Locations
This is the thread where Harlan Lebo makes his one and only post. It's on page 2. Other than that, this thread is another great discussion:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=28377&page=1

---

Carol Gino
The following link is not to 1 single thread but to 28 of them! all posts made by Carol Gino, a MUST read for each and every fan of the Godfather and Mario Puzo. To quote Carol's first post here: "I'm the "guy" who hung out with Mario while he worked". She completed Mario's last novel "The Family" and came here for a short period of time to answer our questions. There's a lot you can learn from her posts:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=372

---

The Board's Birthday
I can't think of a better way to end this round of threads other than posting the following link to a very special thread, made for celebrating the existence of this forum for 5 good years. And now we're only a few weeks from celebrating the forum's 8th birthday, so with that in mind, enjoy:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161728#Post161728

---

Well, that's all for now. But that's just part of the list. Now it's up to you guys to add all the threads that you think should be here. And when you do - please remember to give the name of the thread, explain why it's a classic, and whether there are any specific posts we should not miss inside.

I couldnt have done this thread without you guys, you made those threads so wonderful, and I cant thank you enough! It took me some time to write all that, but I'm glad I did.

I posted in the company of better members.

GangsterBB forever! wink

P.S. - sorry TIS, but no tickets to Hawaii this time grin

JG - if you can please make this a sticky thread - for the sake of easy access in the future. Thanx in advance.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #542345
05/27/09 03:22 AM
05/27/09 03:22 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Fame, you sonofabitch! I wanted to go to bed early tonight, but nooooooooooo... here I am pushing 3:30AM reading thru all this (GREAT) stuff!! tongue lol Thank you, my friend. cool

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: J Geoff] #542346
05/27/09 03:44 AM
05/27/09 03:44 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Nice trip down Memory Lane.

Thanks for posting this, Fame.

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: SC] #542347
05/27/09 03:52 AM
05/27/09 03:52 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I've been listening to the '05 radio show again, but don't think I'm gonna make all 77 minutes... lol Everyone did so great!!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: J Geoff] #542348
05/27/09 03:57 AM
05/27/09 03:57 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

And dammit!! I missed the 3AM deadline for changing my fantasy roster (again) cuz of you!! tongue

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: J Geoff] #542352
05/27/09 08:26 AM
05/27/09 08:26 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Great idea Fame. Thanks for all your research.

If I had to pick one thread, I'd choose one that was started before I joined the BB, and that's the 911 thread. Man, I would have loved to have been by my BB friends, especially those in NYC. Just to be close to them and grieve together. That is a highly emotional thread. I have it saved to my favorites.

PLaw's passing thread is another that will be forever memorablee.

The fun threads like who is this guy? That's great. I forgot all about that thread. I don't have time to read it all right now, but did we find out who it was? Was TB right?

I want to read through more of those you posted Fame, but as of now, I AM still a working gal (I believe it 19 more working days, but who's counting?) tongue

Thanks again Fame for taking the time. Great idea.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #542363
05/27/09 10:34 AM
05/27/09 10:34 AM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

On the Sports front, who can forget the original thread that started it all...

Fantasy Baseball Fans only!

This was the thread that started fantasy sports on this site and created nicknames such as "Old Windbag" and "Crabby".

It started out innocently enough - "If there are a few, I would like to start a group we all could join together."

Little did we know...

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Don Sicilia] #542367
05/27/09 12:04 PM
05/27/09 12:04 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Good job Fame. Some great stuff there...

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: DE NIRO] #542371
05/27/09 12:53 PM
05/27/09 12:53 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Fame, Thanks so much! Those were terrific. It was so nice to revisit with old friends, especially Plaw. Sending a big hug your way, Fame.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Sicilian Babe] #542374
05/27/09 01:13 PM
05/27/09 01:13 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Wow. As a "newbie" this is all very enlightening. Great stuff. You guys are awesome. This thread should be required reading before any new BB'er gets their button!

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Don Sicilia] #542375
05/27/09 01:36 PM
05/27/09 01:36 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
It started out innocently enough - "If there are a few, I would like to start a group we all could join together."

Little did we know...

I always get a kick out of remembering Plaw rolling his eyes after a while about "All you gotta do is pick a player for each position, plus..." lol

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #542378
05/27/09 02:03 PM
05/27/09 02:03 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I just spent a few hours reading the fantasy baseball thread again! (All 146 Pages of it!)
The summer of "03" sure was fun. The board seem to be on a high back then. It was funny as hell to revist the posts and things seemed so much more at ease.

Six years have passed.... man have they shot by.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Don Sicilia] #542383
05/27/09 04:34 PM
05/27/09 04:34 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

This was the thread that started fantasy sports on this site and created nicknames such as "Old Windbag" and "Crabby".

And "Doucheman" and "pom poms".

Gotta love Geoff's "set it and forget it" philosophy. haha.

That whole thread was the start of some beautiful friendships.

Last edited by Beth E; 05/27/09 04:35 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Beth E] #542401
05/27/09 07:26 PM
05/27/09 07:26 PM
Wellington, New Zealand
veneratio Offline
Sicilian Paisan
veneratio  Offline
Sicilian Paisan
Capo
Wellington, New Zealand
The "John Papa should have been made" thread has got to be up there for memorable haha. Those weirdo broads!!

"Just when I thought I was out.. They pull me back in"
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: veneratio] #543562
06/05/09 07:00 PM
06/05/09 07:00 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Not one bloody link there of any of the philosophical, witty and darn right intelligent posts that I've ever made? I'm dissapointed Fame, I've been let me down. Actually I've never made a topic with either of those catagories, but still...

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Turi Giuliano] #543581
06/05/09 09:08 PM
06/05/09 09:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Fame, this was a great idea! Thanks!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Turi Giuliano] #543586
06/05/09 09:20 PM
06/05/09 09:20 PM
California

California
Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
Not one bloody link there of any of the philosophical, witty and darn right intelligent posts that I've ever made? I'm dissapointed Fame, I've been let me down. Actually I've never made a topic with either of those catagories, but still...

Turi, it's good to see you again. Don't worry, most of your posts are pretty unforgettable, or at least should we say "unique"? You almost always make me laugh. Why just the times you modify/adjust your avator are quite comical in itself. lol I believe you were even upside down once too no? Stick around a while.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #543672
06/06/09 12:17 PM
06/06/09 12:17 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Turi, it's good to see you again. Don't worry, most of your posts are pretty unforgettable, or at least should we say "unique"? You almost always make me laugh. Why just the times you modify/adjust your avator are quite comical in itself. lol I believe you were even upside down once too no? Stick around a while.

TIS

No TIS, I think you've been on the pop again. I think you were upside down.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Turi Giuliano] #543677
06/06/09 01:02 PM
06/06/09 01:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

No TIS, I think you've been on the pop again. I think you were upside down.

lol

Blue colored POP! wink

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Don Cardi] #543684
06/06/09 01:30 PM
06/06/09 01:30 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Wow. I just read the 9/11 posts by Don Cardi. I am speechless. Thanks for sharing your experience on that horrible day.

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Mark] #543691
06/06/09 02:25 PM
06/06/09 02:25 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Glad to see my trip to the Corleone Mall made the cut. At the time, I could have never imagined I'd someday live 5 miles from it. lol

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Just Lou] #544208
06/09/09 01:08 PM
06/09/09 01:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I finally steeled myself to read DC's WTC post again. The courage DC mustered to create that post considering what he'd seen and been through! clap

I remember that there were a lot of threads about the WTC catastrophe. Some members at that time were, like me, old enough to remember what the area was like before the WTC was built. Those posts helped me lighten up a little.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Turnbull] #544980
06/14/09 12:02 PM
06/14/09 12:02 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
Hey guys, thanx for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the trip smile

JG - feel free to call me 'sonofabitch' all you want, but do know that I'll be calling you 'brother' from now on grin

Sicilian Babe - Take cover! a HUGE hug is coming your way! smile

Don Sicilia - Thanx for the great addition to this thread!

Just Lou - Of course it made the cut. Those pics were so awesome that I think JG even used them on the website.

Turi - You ask for it, you get it!

Here be Turi's divine set of Christmas threads:

In the spirit of things: Christmas is cancelled :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=137189#Post137189

Please remember: a dog CAN just be for Christmas :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=525951#Post525951

What the fuck is going on with Christmas? :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=525953#Post525953

And if you still have any doubts about the guy's obsession with a certain holiday...

Get your shopping done :

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=142242#Post142242

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #544981
06/14/09 12:12 PM
06/14/09 12:12 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Yes, you can tell how much he loves Ramadan

wait... I mean Boxing Day, yeah, that sounds right

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #618876
10/30/11 01:18 PM
10/30/11 01:18 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
The last cig thread reminded me of an older thread that deserves to be here.

Quitting Smoking
TIS did it! and Don Cardi followed! and DS!
It's just an inspiring thread. I hope more will follow their footsteps. Just an amazing thread:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=427364#Post427364

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #618886
10/30/11 02:18 PM
10/30/11 02:18 PM
California

California
Wow Fame, I reread parts of that thread. Looking back, I can't believe it's been four and a half years. I'm very confident I have it licked but as I noted in another thread, cigaret smoke still smells good to me. confused

Thanks everyone for dealing with my lengthy posts. smile

TIS

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #618939
10/31/11 01:57 AM
10/31/11 01:57 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Dammit... that thread reminded of my Big Failure of '04 thread. ohwell frown

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #618947
10/31/11 07:57 AM
10/31/11 07:57 AM
J
Jone Offline
Associate
Jone  Offline
J
Associate
wow here is something new for me. i like it.

Last edited by SC; 10/31/11 08:20 AM. Reason: Removed spam
Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #708858
04/06/13 06:31 PM
04/06/13 06:31 PM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline OP
Underboss
Fame  Offline OP
Underboss
Top o' the World
OK, here we go:

Back in 09' when the OC section looked better. It's a nice little thread with some Brooklyn tales and memories. You just gotta love it. Don't miss SC's Jukebox tale.

Anyone ever have any brushes with real mobsters?

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=540063#Post540063

Re: Unforgettable Threads: A Trip Down Memory Lane [Re: Fame] #708861
04/06/13 06:47 PM
04/06/13 06:47 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I still love loving the Trivia: who is this guy? thread..haha

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull