GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What scene made you cry? #33245
10/10/05 04:55 PM
10/10/05 04:55 PM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline
Capo
Warsaw
I've never cried through thye Godfather but the part where Vito is talking to micheal about the stirngs I thought was pretty touching

I cried when Aspanu murdered Salvatore Giuliano in "The Sicilian"...No joke it made such an impression on me I was on a plane reading if for the second time and tears just came to my eyes....I'm such a pussface

[Linked Image]
Joe Batters

Aspanu summon the all of the chiefs
DEATH TO ALL WHO BETRAY GIULIANO!
Re: What scene made you cry? #33246
10/11/05 07:30 AM
10/11/05 07:30 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Basically I am a crier. I love to cry when I'm watching a movie! grin To be honest, the more I cry the more I enjoy the movie! lol I've cried my a@@ off even watching B-movies, with no other quality than being tear jerkers. Nonetheless, I think I never cried watching the trilogy. There have of course been very poignant scenes, the first coming to mind is the one when Michael confesses his sins to Cardinal Lamberto. Oh, and the one in GF2 when the immigrants approaching NYC port, see the Liberty Statue for the first time. I remember I got shivers then. But no tears. Never. I wonder why. confused

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: What scene made you cry? #33247
10/11/05 08:34 AM
10/11/05 08:34 AM
julioclaudio Offline
Button
julioclaudio  Offline
Button
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
Obviously, the ending of GF3 when Michael remembers the old happy times while he cries for Mary`s death and when Michael dies.
Amen. And the song is fabulous in these scenes: (Pietro Mascagni Intermezzo Sinfonico From Cavalleria Rusticana)

Le harĂ© una oferta que no podrĂ¡ rechazar.
Re: What scene made you cry? #33248
10/16/05 09:11 PM
10/16/05 09:11 PM
Cristina's Way Offline
Underboss
Cristina's Way  Offline
Underboss
I also don't believe I cried while watching any of the Godfather films. But that doesn't mean it lacked scenes that were deeply emotional or heartbreaking. I think the first two Godfathers are films that appeal to both heart and mind. I may not have cried while watching them, but the scenes that got to me linger longer and have a greater resonance and complexity than those I've seen in most other movies -- particularly the average Hollywood fare that employs intense but fleeting emotion to generate viewer reaction.

The scene that got to me the most, hands down, is the hug between Michael and Fredo during Mamma's funeral. And it's more saddening with repeat viewings because you know what's coming next. Fredo believes he's forgiven and back in the fold, while Michael gives the silent signal to his brother's executioner.

The end of Part II, Michael alone with his memories, was also heavy with melancholy. The moral nexus of the film, it elevated the Godfather movies to the level of classic tragedy.

I also felt sad at the end of Part III when Michael died alone, albeit it was a decidedly tainted sadness. It arose less from the scene itself as an event within the film and more from a wistful nostalgia for 1972 & 1974 and the mastery of The Godfather and Godfather Part II, which are, alas, never to be repeated. How did the filmmakers think they could top the ending of Part II for sheer tragic imagery? I mean, yeesh, did they have to have Michael keel over like a keystone cop in a silent movie? You'd think he was dead already, rigor had set in, and the wind just knocked him over.

Yes, Part III makes me sad, not for what's in the film (well, not for the most part) but for memories of what was and what could have been. If only Part III introduced talented unknowns who would go on to become today's great actors. If only Al Pacino could look exactly the same as he did in 1972 and 1974. (If only we could all pick a time when we looked and felt our best and remain that way throughout the years. *Sigh * why do things have to change?) And if only the Academy Award committee would discover an error made in the vote-counting of 1974 which reveals that Pacino actually did win the Oscar that year.

So while Part III didn't make me cry, if I think about it too much it sure does make me depressed. frown [Linked Image]

Re: What scene made you cry? #33249
10/16/05 09:23 PM
10/16/05 09:23 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Great post Christina, I agree that thinking about what could have been done makes one depressed.

Re: What scene made you cry? #33250
10/18/05 02:41 PM
10/18/05 02:41 PM
Russia
Louigie Mollinari Offline
Wiseguy
Louigie Mollinari  Offline
Wiseguy
Russia
2 moments^

when Fredo taught Anthony fishing

when Vito had been buying fruits

Russia is an area of old bastards, young assholes and those who watch these pathetic creatures.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull