GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (furio_from_naples), 241 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,852
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #671456
10/22/12 03:44 PM
10/22/12 03:44 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR
Originally Posted By: Wilson
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
Originally Posted By: German_Italian
Really? If that's the case, the bastard deserved to get his ass kicked. I never understood how the public could love a scumbag like John Gotti

Yeah! I didn't believe this guy at first but he started sounding really convinsing later. He did show me his old prison ID card from Marion Prison and some other proof. He's also an old outlaw biker kind of guy.....

You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone! Think about it and if you were in his shoes. The boss of the Gambino crime family. I mean think about it for just a second. How would you feel if someone didn't listen to you even if you were in prison? What if you just let him do what he wanted and it got back to people in prison that some guy got away with not listening to John Gotti? Imagine if you were in Gottis shoes? Talk travels fast and rumors move fast in prison. Of course he was gonna have a big ego and if I was him I would have done the same thing. The guy no matter if you liked it or not, demanded respect. Thats one of the main reasons they made him boss to begin with. Cause he didn't take shit from anyone! He stood up for himself. If some dumb fuck scumbag floor sweeper wants to not listen to John Gotti, then I'm proud to know that John Gotti stood up for himself. He was old school and old school Italians don't like black people. To them blacks are the scum of the earth. Thats just how it is and always will be.

As far as I am concerned ,that black floor sweeper cleaner can go fuck himself.

Not trying to knock what your saying but I dont think Gotti was the Capo Di Tutti Capi....I dont think there was one at the time but if there was it as deff Chin Gigante

There's not been a Capo Di Tutti Capi since Salvatore Maranzano the most powerful boss of the timee was Gigante.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: botz] #671457
10/22/12 03:56 PM
10/22/12 03:56 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: botz
Henry Hill said that Gotti killed Tommy Desimone in order to get made.

No trying to discredit anyone but Henry Hill is a compulsive liar....Hes such a liar he told Howard Stern that he knew Sonny Black that he was in the Lucchese Family when Sonny Black was in the bonanno's i dont think Henry Hill had much recollection of anyting he was always freakin olbitered on liquer

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671458
10/22/12 03:58 PM
10/22/12 03:58 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Exactly. I'll buy that gotti was present at desimone's murder. However i would bet that wille boy,angelo,gene,carneglia brothers, and tommy agro did the dirty work

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made. How often does that happen? Then, when it came to actually making his bones, he didn't have to actually kill anyone. Then, if all the stories are correct, Gotti ordered others to do his dirty work when it came time to eliminate Paul Castellano. I mean, I'm not glorifying all that dirty stuff, but if Gotti were such a tough guy, and if he himself wanted to be boss, why didn't Gotti go out and settle things with Castellano instead of lordly ordering others to do it for him?

It amazes me how Gotti seemed to have such a princely ascension to the top of the mob. There's something very "weanieish" about simply ordering others to do your own dirty work.

He was obvisiouly smarter than his counterparts if he could get everyone to respect him like that and listen to his every commnan and take his shit without whcking him....He obvisiouly used his brain....WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER....thats the phrase ive always heard haha

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671459
10/22/12 04:01 PM
10/22/12 04:01 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made.

JA, I´m not attacking you in any way, bacause I have seen that statement elswhere. But I would like to know where it stems from. Being not made and at the same time in charge of a crew that contains made guys, sounds unlikely to me. Is that even possible?
We may suspect Gotti to have been an acting capo as early as 1977, when the Fatico brothers were sent away, but prior to that, there is no evedence of John Gotti running Fatico´s crew.

You're right it sounds crazy but its true. In 1972 Fatico went to jail and since john was a protege of both Fatico and Neil they made gotti his proxy/acting capo. In fact gotti reported to neil and when neil went to jail in 73 he reported to carlo for a short time

Just aggreeing it is true....I dont have the facts sitting rigt here infront of me... But i know ive read in WAYYYYY more than 1 place that Gotti was incharge of a crew before being made.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671495
10/22/12 06:55 PM
10/22/12 06:55 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Like I have stated before, we didnt know Gotti was involved in the Borelli murder until Massino said so. Given that Gotti came of age during the time in the mob that guys actually had to commit murder to get straightened out, if I was a betting man I would bet on him having committed a murder. Given his ridiculous temper, and propensity for violence. Currently, there isnt and probably never will be any new informant from that era who would be able to shed light on this with direct knowledge of Gotti pulling the trigger.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 10/22/12 06:56 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #671496
10/22/12 06:58 PM
10/22/12 06:58 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made.

JA, I´m not attacking you in any way, bacause I have seen that statement elswhere. But I would like to know where it stems from. Being not made and at the same time in charge of a crew that contains made guys, sounds unlikely to me. Is that even possible?
We may suspect Gotti to have been an acting capo as early as 1977, when the Fatico brothers were sent away, but prior to that, there is no evedence of John Gotti running Fatico´s crew.

You're right it sounds crazy but its true. In 1972 Fatico went to jail and since john was a protege of both Fatico and Neil they made gotti his proxy/acting capo. In fact gotti reported to neil and when neil went to jail in 73 he reported to carlo for a short time

Just aggreeing it is true....I dont have the facts sitting rigt here infront of me... But i know ive read in WAYYYYY more than 1 place that Gotti was incharge of a crew before being made.

If you do a search on the forum, I actually pointed out passages from Capeci where this is discussed about Gotti.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Dapper_Don] #671511
10/22/12 08:54 PM
10/22/12 08:54 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Like I have stated before, we didnt know Gotti was involved in the Borelli murder until Massino said so. Given that Gotti came of age during the time in the mob that guys actually had to commit murder to get straightened out, if I was a betting man I would bet on him having committed a murder. Given his ridiculous temper, and propensity for violence. Currently, there isnt and probably never will be any new informant from that era who would be able to shed light on this with direct knowledge of Gotti pulling the trigger.

I think what massino meant was that gotti arranged/ordered the murder. Now thats still makes him a murderer just not personally

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671529
10/23/12 12:40 AM
10/23/12 12:40 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
As much of a renegade as Gotti was, it's amazing that he wasn't whacked out by other capos or bosses. I know that Casso/Chin supposedly tried, but that was the only known occurrence. I'm sure there were other Gambino members that were none too happy with the way Gotti grabbed power.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671562
10/23/12 09:19 AM
10/23/12 09:19 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
As much of a renegade as Gotti was, it's amazing that he wasn't whacked out by other capos or bosses. I know that Casso/Chin supposedly tried, but that was the only known occurrence. I'm sure there were other Gambino members that were none too happy with the way Gotti grabbed power.

I've always maintained that if Gotti had somehow avoided prison he wouldn't have survived the early '90s. If the Chin didn't get him, one of the old guard Gambinos---namely Danny Marino---would have bided his time and eventually put him down.

And the other families would have laughed and laughed and laughed wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671604
10/23/12 01:36 PM
10/23/12 01:36 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Did people hate Gotti cause they were jealous that he was handsome, an exceptional dresser, and got tons of attention by the media?

Last edited by Wilson; 10/23/12 01:36 PM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #671608
10/23/12 01:48 PM
10/23/12 01:48 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Did people hate Gotti cause they were jealous that he was handsome, an exceptional dresser, and got tons of attention by the media?

More that he was a douche bag who stole money from the community.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671609
10/23/12 01:51 PM
10/23/12 01:51 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Really?

Explain.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671611
10/23/12 01:55 PM
10/23/12 01:55 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
The Mafia prey on the weak. Also why would normal, non-fanboy people like a murderer, a drug dealer etc?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: NickyScarfo] #671612
10/23/12 01:56 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
The Mafia prey on the weak. Also why would normal, non-fanboy people like a murderer, a drug dealer etc?

I think he is a Gotti fanboy.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #671613
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

lol

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671630
10/23/12 03:55 PM
10/23/12 03:55 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
lol

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671675
10/23/12 07:43 PM
10/23/12 07:43 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

I think what massino meant was that gotti arranged/ordered the murder. Now thats still makes him a murderer just not personally

Like I have said before, Gotti Sr was the shooter in that murder according to Massino. Massino has no reason to lie about this.Just setting the record straight for everybody.

"John Gotti Senior carried out the shooting of Vito Borelli, the old boyfriend of Paul Castellano's daughter. Borelli had joked about Castellano looking like chicken grower Frank Perdue. "

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/04/tidbits-from-joseph-massinos-testimony.html

"Massino yesterday also named John Gotti as the triggerman in the 1975 hit of Vito Borelli, who'd made a crack about mob boss Paul Castellano's resemblance to renowned chicken man Frank Perdue. "

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/04/nomerta-mafia-boss-squealer.html

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 10/23/12 09:37 PM.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671698
10/23/12 09:37 PM
10/23/12 09:37 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Check your private message. Obcourse Gotti was a piece of crap. I agree 100%.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 10/23/12 09:42 PM.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671713
10/23/12 11:08 PM
10/23/12 11:08 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Some more info on Gotti.

Gotti was reporting directly to Carlo by 1972, because Neil was in prison and Fatico was in failing health. Even though Gotti was only an associate reporting to the Boss, Carlo looked fondly upon Gotti because of the blessing provided by Neil.

http://www.amazon.com/Gotti-Rise-Fall-Jerry-Capeci/dp/0451406818

During this time period, there were many other future LCN members (Massino) who were given their first contracts. In 1957, The Chin ordered by Vito Genovese botched the hit on Frank Costello.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671716
10/23/12 11:12 PM
10/23/12 11:12 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Actually this is different, we know it was Gotti due to court testimony from Massino who has no reason to lie in this particular case. This hasnt been disputed by the FBI or even questioned. This cant be compared to the Tommy D murder.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 10/23/12 11:12 PM.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671752
10/24/12 03:16 AM
10/24/12 03:16 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
I saw a video of Piecyk with his arm in a sling showing up to court shortly after his altercation with Gotti. Whether that was real or just for show to elicit sympathy who knows. But all the accounts I read of the incident say it was only Gotti and Frank Colletta involved with Piecyk, that Piecyk started fighting with Colletta, and then Gotti erupted out of the bar and joined in the fracas. But that was in '84, when John wasn't a boss yet, so he could still get his hands a little dirty!

I looked at some old microfilm of stories in days after Gotti and Piecyk story came out. Concencus is that Piecyk attacked Colleta, and Gotti came out, and beat up Piecyk. Descriptions of Colletta paint him as small and recovering from heart attack. Piecyk went to police, and said he was attacked and robbed.
After hearing from police who he was having arrested, he had second thoughts. Piecyk also seems to have been bit of a thug and bully in life, with his own criminal record, mostly for fighting.

It seems like the police mishandled this, they should have waited till Piecyk talked to district attorneys office, instaed of telling him who Gotti was as soon as they arrested Gotti. It sounds as if they were so happy to have made a Mafia arrest, they were bragging gout loud who they arrested, Piecyk heard, got cold feet.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: jace] #671894
10/24/12 10:14 PM
10/24/12 10:14 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: jace
I saw a video of Piecyk with his arm in a sling showing up to court shortly after his altercation with Gotti. Whether that was real or just for show to elicit sympathy who knows. But all the accounts I read of the incident say it was only Gotti and Frank Colletta involved with Piecyk, that Piecyk started fighting with Colletta, and then Gotti erupted out of the bar and joined in the fracas. But that was in '84, when John wasn't a boss yet, so he could still get his hands a little dirty!

I looked at some old microfilm of stories in days after Gotti and Piecyk story came out. Concencus is that Piecyk attacked Colleta, and Gotti came out, and beat up Piecyk. Descriptions of Colletta paint him as small and recovering from heart attack. Piecyk went to police, and said he was attacked and robbed.
After hearing from police who he was having arrested, he had second thoughts. Piecyk also seems to have been bit of a thug and bully in life, with his own criminal record, mostly for fighting.

It seems like the police mishandled this, they should have waited till Piecyk talked to district attorneys office, instaed of telling him who Gotti was as soon as they arrested Gotti. It sounds as if they were so happy to have made a Mafia arrest, they were bragging gout loud who they arrested, Piecyk heard, got cold feet.

I'd get cold feet as well. But I guess Johnny Boy was pretty handy with his fists. I think John was more of a blue collar don, at least in the beginning. I could never picture a Carlo Gambino or a Paul Castellano getting in a fistfight over a parking spot. Those two guys would probably get beaten up by most average guys on the street. But I probably would be scared of Gotti, even if I didn't know who he was. He seemed to carry a certain menacing quality about him.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #672039
10/25/12 04:51 PM
10/25/12 04:51 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo

I'd get cold feet as well. But I guess Johnny Boy was pretty handy with his fists. I think John was more of a blue collar don, at least in the beginning. I could never picture a Carlo Gambino or a Paul Castellano getting in a fistfight over a parking spot. Those two guys would probably get beaten up by most average guys on the street. But I probably would be scared of Gotti, even if I didn't know who he was. He seemed to carry a certain menacing quality about him.

Yeah Gotti was a tough man. A mans man. He definately could have made a career being an enforcer.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #672048
10/25/12 05:13 PM
10/25/12 05:13 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Yeah Gotti was a tough man. A mans man. He definately could have made a career being an enforcer.

Well he was a enforcer/collector for Fatico's loansharking operations.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672050
10/25/12 05:16 PM
10/25/12 05:16 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Yes and he would have more than likely been a free man the day he died if he would have stayed on board as an enforcer.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672054
10/25/12 05:32 PM
10/25/12 05:32 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Thats hard to say many times associates/enforcers are more prone to jail sentences. Gotti had a huge rap sheet plus he was an idiot/had a big mouth so he would have probably been in and out of jail

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/25/12 05:32 PM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #672063
10/25/12 05:58 PM
10/25/12 05:58 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
Good point.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: NickyScarfo] #672334
10/26/12 08:33 PM
10/26/12 08:33 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
"the mafia prey on the weak" statements make me sick. You sit here and spend time making moral high ground statements. Why do you have thousands of comments on the subjects and the people? You make it sound like there mugging old ladies, taking Holloween candy from kids. It's a business, everyone who gets involved with them knows the deal. There are plebty of "normal people" who have made a living and provided for their families working with these guys. Prior to banks lending money to anyone and everyone within the last 10-15 years these guys provided a service. You'll pay dearly from use of that service but it is available. Even today if your short on a Thursday for payroll the next day see how many banks would help you out. Same as gambling, you want to play they give you the outlet, you play over your head that's your fault. Plain and simple they provide services. PREY ON THE WEAK, I can't tell you how aggravated those types of statements make me. So hypocritical, why are you here? You a preacher? Speaking of preying on the weak, being from Australia do you say the same to the farmers with the way they treat there sheep? Prey on the weak! That's such a disgusting statement.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: EastHarlemItal] #672408
10/27/12 01:40 PM
10/27/12 01:40 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
"the mafia prey on the weak" statements make me sick. You sit here and spend time making moral high ground statements. Why do you have thousands of comments on the subjects and the people? You make it sound like there mugging old ladies, taking Holloween candy from kids. It's a business, everyone who gets involved with them knows the deal. There are plebty of "normal people" who have made a living and provided for their families working with these guys. Prior to banks lending money to anyone and everyone within the last 10-15 years these guys provided a service. You'll pay dearly from use of that service but it is available. Even today if your short on a Thursday for payroll the next day see how many banks would help you out. Same as gambling, you want to play they give you the outlet, you play over your head that's your fault. Plain and simple they provide services. PREY ON THE WEAK, I can't tell you how aggravated those types of statements make me. So hypocritical, why are you here? You a preacher? Speaking of preying on the weak, being from Australia do you say the same to the farmers with the way they treat there sheep? Prey on the weak! That's such a disgusting statement.

Ill agree that gambling and loansharking aint that big of a deal and people know what there getting themselves in for but i think your jumping the gun a bit. To tottally dismiss the idea that they prey on the weak is practically like ignoring their entire history dating back to the black hand gangs.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Scorsese] #672422
10/27/12 01:59 PM
10/27/12 01:59 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
Ok, of you want to compare the "black hand gangs" to the Mafia that's your choice. IN MY OPINION that's like comparing apples to bowling balls. That's why they were called the Black Hand not the Mafia. Granted many members joined the traditional Mafia, however again just my opinion The Black Hand had one goal to scare and extort people blind. The Mafia had a multi- tiered business objective. Granted they extort, however to blanket the entire organization as "preying on the weak" is not valid. And to make that statement here is what really baffled me?

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull