GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 312 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,336
Posts1,058,841
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Scorsese] #667760
09/25/12 03:37 PM
09/25/12 03:37 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
lol

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: jace] #667815
09/26/12 01:08 AM
09/26/12 01:08 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: jace
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
I don't think Gotti was weak physically or in fights, I don't see where even guys who turned on him said anything like that. I believe inmate Johnson went nuts and attacked him, based on talking to corrections officer I know (my brother, and other family members) Gotti had been in prison before, I think in 1977, wouldn't a coward reputation would have followed him onto streets ?

Yeah, Gotti had been in prison in the late 60s as well. He always seemed to be the kind of guy who didn't mind getting physical if needed. In '84 he got into that fracas with the refrigerator mechanic who was upset that Gotti's friend, Frank Colletta, had double-parked and was blocking the street.
John Gotti and his brother Gene looked like typical throwback bruiser types!

That refrigerator mechanic, Romuel Piecyk, had a record himself, several arrests for assault among them. Maybe they had common friends who got him to not testify. I wonder if he was even really a refrigerator mechanic. He certainly was not innocent in the fight, he had attacked a smaller man who was Gotti's friend over a parking spot.

I've read different accounts about this incident. Some stories say Colleta picked the fight by rushing up to Piecyk, who was seated in his van, and smacking him through the open window and stealing $325 from Piecyk's shirt pocket. Other stories say Gotti came out of the bar and either "starched" Piecyk or simply threatened him to "get lost"! I think this is one of those stories that tends to grow more fascinating over the years, what with all the revisionists around.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Scorsese] #667816
09/26/12 01:09 AM
09/26/12 01:09 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: Wilson

You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone! Think about it and if you were in his shoes. The boss of the Gambino crime family. I mean think about it for just a second. How would you feel if someone didn't listen to you even if you were in prison? What if you just let him do what he wanted and it got back to people in prison that some guy got away with not listening to John Gotti? Imagine if you were in Gottis shoes? Talk travels fast and rumors move fast in prison. Of course he was gonna have a big ego and if I was him I would have done the same thing. The guy no matter if you liked it or not, demanded respect. Thats one of the main reasons they made him boss to begin with. Cause he didn't take shit from anyone! He stood up for himself. If some dumb fuck scumbag floor sweeper wants to not listen to John Gotti, then I'm proud to know that John Gotti stood up for himself. He was old school and old school Italians don't like black people. To them blacks are the scum of the earth. Thats just how it is and always will be.

As far as I am concerned ,that black floor sweeper cleaner can go fuck himself.

Your taking this a little personally aint ya?
Was gotti your uncle or something.
Wonder what was said to him after he was beaten.....

Maybe if it had been a fellow Italo-American who punched Gotti out it would be more tolerable!

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #667926
09/26/12 06:22 PM
09/26/12 06:22 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I don't think Gotti was weak physically or in fights, I don't see where even guys who turned on him said anything like that. I believe inmate Johnson went nuts and attacked him, based on talking to corrections officer I know (my brother, and other family members) Gotti had been in prison before, I think in 1977, wouldn't a coward reputation would have followed him onto streets ?

Yeah, Gotti had been in prison in the late 60s as well. He always seemed to be the kind of guy who didn't mind getting physical if needed. In '84 he got into that fracas with the refrigerator mechanic who was upset that Gotti's friend, Frank Colletta, had double-parked and was blocking the street.

That refrigerator mechanic, Romuel Piecyk, had a record himself, several arrests for assault among them. Maybe they had common friends who got him to not testify. I wonder if he was even really a refrigerator mechanic. He certainly was not innocent in the fight, he had attacked a smaller man who was Gotti's friend over a parking spot.

I've read different accounts about this incident. Some stories say Colleta picked the fight by rushing up to Piecyk, who was seated in his van, and smacking him through the open window and stealing $325 from Piecyk's shirt pocket. Other stories say Gotti came out of the bar and either "starched" Piecyk or simply threatened him to "get lost"! I think this is one of those stories that tends to grow more fascinating over the years, what with all the revisionists around.

i agree as with most gotti stories it is fantasy mostly. The media made it seem like gotti beat the guy up by himself but in reality he only smacked teh guy when 3 or 4 of guys in his crew assisted

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667948
09/26/12 07:54 PM
09/26/12 07:54 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
So many legendary tales about Mr. Gotti. In Victoria Gotti's book about her dad, she claims her dad single-handedly beat the crap out of numerous neighborhood thugs who jumped her brother (John A. Gotti) and beat him up pretty bad. But of course, Victoria makes her dad out to be some noble Robin Hood-like rogue who always did the right thing. She tried very hard to put such a positive spin on her dad's life of crime.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #667961
09/26/12 10:11 PM
09/26/12 10:11 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
So many legendary tales about Mr. Gotti. In Victoria Gotti's book about her dad, she claims her dad single-handedly beat the crap out of numerous neighborhood thugs who jumped her brother (John A. Gotti) and beat him up pretty bad. But of course, Victoria makes her dad out to be some noble Robin Hood-like rogue who always did the right thing. She tried very hard to put such a positive spin on her dad's life of crime.

Victoria is a bigtime storyteller. she is also the definition of "babe in the woods routine" She also claims that her father didnt have Favara killed and even describes favara as some kind of remorseless killer who murdered her brother

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #667977
09/27/12 01:53 AM
09/27/12 01:53 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
[quote=jace]I don't think Gotti was weak physically or in fights, I don't see where even guys who turned on him said anything like that. I believe inmate Johnson went nuts and attacked him, based on talking to corrections officer I know (my brother, and other family members) Gotti had been in prison before, I think in 1977, wouldn't a coward reputation would have followed him onto streets ?

i agree as with most gotti stories it is fantasy mostly. The media made it seem like gotti beat the guy up by himself but in reality he only smacked teh guy when 3 or 4 of guys in his crew assisted

Every account I have ever seen, including original statement by Piecyk, say it was Gotti alone, and it was more than smacks. I have never seen any mention of associates helping, were is that info from ?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #667978
09/27/12 01:54 AM
09/27/12 01:54 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

Her book was terrible. She kept making it sound like he was a God. Book needed a stronger editor if it was to be successful, obviously one was not used.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: jace] #667981
09/27/12 02:00 AM
09/27/12 02:00 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

Her book was terrible. She kept making it sound like he was a God. Book needed a stronger editor if it was to be successful, obviously one was not used.

Haha...Yeah, true! She even said how her dad told her (in the event she ever wrote a book about him) to never make him out to be a saint or a choir boy, because, according to John, he wasn't!
But she did her best to put such a noble, positive spin on Gotti's life and lifestyle. She supposedly loved the man but loathed the lifestyle; well, that lifestyle was a major part of the man!

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #667982
09/27/12 02:06 AM
09/27/12 02:06 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
I saw a video of Piecyk with his arm in a sling showing up to court shortly after his altercation with Gotti. Whether that was real or just for show to elicit sympathy who knows. But all the accounts I read of the incident say it was only Gotti and Frank Colletta involved with Piecyk, that Piecyk started fighting with Colletta, and then Gotti erupted out of the bar and joined in the fracas. But that was in '84, when John wasn't a boss yet, so he could still get his hands a little dirty!

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #668067
09/27/12 07:09 PM
09/27/12 07:09 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^thats what capeci states happened as well if i remember correctly

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: German_Italian] #671003
10/19/12 03:21 AM
10/19/12 03:21 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: German_Italian
Really? If that's the case, the bastard deserved to get his ass kicked. I never understood how the public could love a scumbag like John Gotti

lol lol

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671034
10/19/12 11:38 AM
10/19/12 11:38 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I saw a video of Piecyk with his arm in a sling showing up to court shortly after his altercation with Gotti. Whether that was real or just for show to elicit sympathy who knows. But all the accounts I read of the incident say it was only Gotti and Frank Colletta involved with Piecyk, that Piecyk started fighting with Colletta, and then Gotti erupted out of the bar and joined in the fracas. But that was in '84, when John wasn't a boss yet, so he could still get his hands a little dirty!

Exactly some make it seem like gotti beat the guy up on his own but it was 2 on 1

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671111
10/19/12 08:10 PM
10/19/12 08:10 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

Exactly some make it seem like gotti beat the guy up on his own but it was 2 on 1

Yeah, Gotti should have put the gloves on with Piecyk and fought it out mano y mano.
At Marion, Gotti didn't have his bodyguards to run interference!

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671218
10/20/12 05:37 PM
10/20/12 05:37 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Yeah, Gotti should have put the gloves on with Piecyk and fought it out mano y mano.

Dont get me wrong Gotti could fight but i think some of the younge rgeneration make him out to be a total badass. I mean in reality gotti never really personally killed anybody. Now he is is still a murderer but he ordered murders instead of doing them himself

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671244
10/21/12 01:17 AM
10/21/12 01:17 AM
B
Black Offline
Wiseguy
Black  Offline
B
Wiseguy

Dont get me wrong Gotti could fight but i think some of the younge rgeneration make him out to be a total badass. I mean in reality gotti never really personally killed anybody. Now he is is still a murderer but he ordered murders instead of doing them himself
In reality you have no clue if John Gotti ever pulled the trigger or not, how do you know if JG ever pulled the trigger? The answer is you don't...........soliai

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671264
10/21/12 09:11 AM
10/21/12 09:11 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Black calm down lol. I never said i knew for sure i've just basing it what i've read on him. Maybe he did but Gotti was more teh type who ordered death. gotti was a capo for most of bhis time as a made man and even before he was a made guy he was acting capo for Fatico so he didnt really have to get his hands dirty. I mean the only incident where he was present at was Mcbratney's murder and Ralph Galione was the triggerman

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/21/12 09:12 AM.
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671278
10/21/12 11:23 AM
10/21/12 11:23 AM
B
botz Offline
Underboss
botz  Offline
B
Underboss
Henry Hill said that Gotti killed Tommy Desimone in order to get made.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: botz] #671289
10/21/12 12:09 PM
10/21/12 12:09 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: botz

Gotti was already made before tommy was killed. Tommy died in january 1979 while gotti was made in 1977 soon after he was released taht summer

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671296
10/21/12 12:40 PM
10/21/12 12:40 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: botz

Gotti was already made before tommy was killed. Tommy died in january 1979 while gotti was made in 1977 soon after he was released taht summer

Plus Henry's later statements were not exactly seen as reliable

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #671304
10/21/12 01:07 PM
10/21/12 01:07 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Exactly. I'll buy that gotti was present at desimone's murder. However i would bet that wille boy,angelo,gene,carneglia brothers, and tommy agro did the dirty work

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JCrusher] #671346
10/22/12 12:51 AM
10/22/12 12:51 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Exactly. I'll buy that gotti was present at desimone's murder. However i would bet that wille boy,angelo,gene,carneglia brothers, and tommy agro did the dirty work

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made. How often does that happen? Then, when it came to actually making his bones, he didn't have to actually kill anyone. Then, if all the stories are correct, Gotti ordered others to do his dirty work when it came time to eliminate Paul Castellano. I mean, I'm not glorifying all that dirty stuff, but if Gotti were such a tough guy, and if he himself wanted to be boss, why didn't Gotti go out and settle things with Castellano instead of lordly ordering others to do it for him?

It amazes me how Gotti seemed to have such a princely ascension to the top of the mob. There's something very "weanieish" about simply ordering others to do your own dirty work.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671347
10/22/12 12:56 AM
10/22/12 12:56 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made. How often does that happen? Then, when it came to actually making his bones, he didn't have to actually kill anyone. Then, if all the stories are correct, Gotti ordered others to do his dirty work when it came time to eliminate Paul Castellano. I mean, I'm not glorifying all that dirty stuff, but if Gotti were such a tough guy, and if he himself wanted to be boss, why didn't Gotti go out and settle things with Castellano instead of lordly ordering others to do it for him?

It amazes me how Gotti seemed to have such a princely ascension to the top of the mob. There's something very "weanieish" about simply ordering others to do your own dirty work.

Well it can be harder to prove but then you run the risk of them f'n it up or ratting you out if they get caught I mean modern day murder charges for mobsters today they almost automatically flip I wish ivyleague posting on here so he could provide some statistics

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: JasonAnthony74] #671362
10/22/12 08:20 AM
10/22/12 08:20 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made.

JA, I´m not attacking you in any way, bacause I have seen that statement elswhere. But I would like to know where it stems from. Being not made and at the same time in charge of a crew that contains made guys, sounds unlikely to me. Is that even possible?
We may suspect Gotti to have been an acting capo as early as 1977, when the Fatico brothers were sent away, but prior to that, there is no evedence of John Gotti running Fatico´s crew.

[Linked Image]
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: HairyKnuckles] #671368
10/22/12 09:23 AM
10/22/12 09:23 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

It's strange how John Gotti seemed to be mob royalty from the very beginning. He was acting capo before he was even made.

JA, I´m not attacking you in any way, bacause I have seen that statement elswhere. But I would like to know where it stems from. Being not made and at the same time in charge of a crew that contains made guys, sounds unlikely to me. Is that even possible?
We may suspect Gotti to have been an acting capo as early as 1977, when the Fatico brothers were sent away, but prior to that, there is no evedence of John Gotti running Fatico´s crew.

You're right it sounds crazy but its true. In 1972 Fatico went to jail and since john was a protege of both Fatico and Neil they made gotti his proxy/acting capo. In fact gotti reported to neil and when neil went to jail in 73 he reported to carlo for a short time

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Dapper_Don] #671430
10/22/12 02:29 PM
10/22/12 02:29 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Thanks for sharing that blurb on nino gaggi and roy demeo i never kenw gaggi said that before...

Gaggi was mistaken, I beleive when DeMeo was made thats how the Gambino's did things, however when Big Pauly as whaked noone contested Gotti. I think up until Gotti thats how the did things, I think the Gambino's are going back to the old way though with there new boss Quiet Dom Cefalu..I think Quiet Dom is going to put the Gambino's bac on the map ( MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION THAT HAS NOT BEEN STATED ANYWHERE)

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo
Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: PhillySteve] #671437
10/22/12 02:50 PM
10/22/12 02:50 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: PhillySteve
The John Gotti book called Mob Star (one of the best mob books ever written) talks about this. More less the black dude snuck Gotti and got several punches in. Not really a fight. A big bounty was put on the black guys head (over a million dollars) that he had to be moved out of the prison to another location. After he go released from jail he went into hiding

Sounds like Gotti got the last laugh yeah he might have been snuck in the faceee..... yea ok who cares...Gotti's name alone made a act of congress happened and got that guy moved out of Marion due to his life being at stake.....Thats saying alot... Guarentee if it was the other way around and Gotti snuck the afrcan american gentleman noone wuld have moved Gotti becase his life was at stake.....

Catch My Drift?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #671445
10/22/12 03:06 PM
10/22/12 03:06 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
He wasnt moved out of the prison he got paroled and then he got sent back for killing a cop on his way to killing the person who snitched on him in the first place.

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: FrankGaglianoJR] #671451
10/22/12 03:34 PM
10/22/12 03:34 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Thanks for sharing that blurb on nino gaggi and roy demeo i never kenw gaggi said that before...

Gaggi was mistaken, I beleive when DeMeo was made thats how the Gambino's did things, however when Big Pauly as whaked noone contested Gotti. I think up until Gotti thats how the did things, I think the Gambino's are going back to the old way though with there new boss Quiet Dom Cefalu..I think Quiet Dom is going to put the Gambino's bac on the map ( MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION THAT HAS NOT BEEN STATED ANYWHERE)

Is Cefalus nickname Quiet Dom too or are you mixing his name up witj Quiet Dom Cirillo the Genovese capo?

Re: John Gotti after been beaten up [Re: Wilson] #671453
10/22/12 03:41 PM
10/22/12 03:41 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
Originally Posted By: Wilson
Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
Originally Posted By: German_Italian
Really? If that's the case, the bastard deserved to get his ass kicked. I never understood how the public could love a scumbag like John Gotti

Yeah! I didn't believe this guy at first but he started sounding really convinsing later. He did show me his old prison ID card from Marion Prison and some other proof. He's also an old outlaw biker kind of guy.....

You gotta remember John Gotti was the boss of bosses. He was the boss of everyone when he was in power. I mean everyone! Think about it and if you were in his shoes. The boss of the Gambino crime family. I mean think about it for just a second. How would you feel if someone didn't listen to you even if you were in prison? What if you just let him do what he wanted and it got back to people in prison that some guy got away with not listening to John Gotti? Imagine if you were in Gottis shoes? Talk travels fast and rumors move fast in prison. Of course he was gonna have a big ego and if I was him I would have done the same thing. The guy no matter if you liked it or not, demanded respect. Thats one of the main reasons they made him boss to begin with. Cause he didn't take shit from anyone! He stood up for himself. If some dumb fuck scumbag floor sweeper wants to not listen to John Gotti, then I'm proud to know that John Gotti stood up for himself. He was old school and old school Italians don't like black people. To them blacks are the scum of the earth. Thats just how it is and always will be.

As far as I am concerned ,that black floor sweeper cleaner can go fuck himself.

Not trying to knock what your saying but I dont think Gotti was the Capo Di Tutti Capi....I dont think there was one at the time but if there was it as deff Chin Gigante

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull