GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheGhost), 451 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,725
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,268
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,526
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,404
Posts1,060,257
Members10,349
Most Online911
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Willie Cicci Opinions #533801
03/08/09 07:26 AM
03/08/09 07:26 AM
The Army Barracks
The_Don_Is_Dead Offline OP
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
The_Don_Is_Dead  Offline OP
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks
I am not sure if anyone has actually voiced there opinion on Willie Cicci.
But i guess i will, i really think that he was a sharpshooter that was most loyal to Clemenza, i thought that he should of gained a larger role than what he got in the first 2 films, i wanted some more Cic.
What are your opinions on Willie Cicci?

And oh yeah i am new on the boards.

The more i see, the less i know - John Lennon
Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #533822
03/08/09 02:15 PM
03/08/09 02:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Welcome, TDID. I'm guessing that your question reflects that you really liked Cicci as a character. Most people here do. Using Joe Spinell as Cicci was one of FFC's casting triumphs. He's got a small role and very few lines, but he's so absolutely perfect that everyone remembers him.

I think Cicci did "move up" somewhat during the film. When we first see him, he's in the background when Michael and Sonny are saying goodbye, then around the piano during the Mob war, then crowd control when Sonny beats up Carlo. But by the end of the film, he seems to have gained some importance when he tells Tom and Tessio that "the boss says for you to go on ahead..." And, as we saw in II, he's Pentangeli's right-hand man.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: Turnbull] #533901
03/09/09 06:18 AM
03/09/09 06:18 AM
The Army Barracks
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
I think Cicci did "move up" somewhat during the film. When we first see him, he's in the background when Michael and Sonny are saying goodbye, then around the piano during the Mob war, then crowd control when Sonny beats up Carlo. But by the end of the film, he seems to have gained some importance when he tells Tom and Tessio that "the boss says for you to go on ahead..." And, as we saw in II, he's Pentangeli's right-hand man.

Yeah i kinda noticed that, but i still felt that his role was not developed much, cause Cic was really a mysterious character to me.

Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #536199
04/02/09 06:10 PM
04/02/09 06:10 PM
willycicci1 Offline
Wiseguy
willycicci1  Offline
Wiseguy
willy cicci is my fav character of the whole series and its a shame they didnt use him more.but i think that is what makes him so appealing,the fact that you dont get much of him so you gotta appreciate what little you get.no one ever looked cooler smoking a cigarette.he had the look.he was the elvis
of the mob.any guy that can get shot ,get up and stand in front of an oncoming car with gun in hand ,get run over then survive is one bad you-know-what.
but i was let down by his willingness to break omerta.but even then he was cool with his "buffas" line

Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: willycicci1] #537162
04/10/09 08:10 PM
04/10/09 08:10 PM
The Army Barracks
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks
Originally Posted By: willycicci1
willy cicci is my fav character of the whole series and its a shame they didnt use him more.but i think that is what makes him so appealing,the fact that you dont get much of him so you gotta appreciate what little you get.no one ever looked cooler smoking a cigarette.he had the look.he was the elvis
of the mob.any guy that can get shot ,get up and stand in front of an oncoming car with gun in hand ,get run over then survive is one bad you-know-what.
but i was let down by his willingness to break omerta.but even then he was cool with his "buffas" line

You are right, him and Al Neri are the best Corleone solders, well Al became underboss in Part II.

Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #540884
05/17/09 01:48 PM
05/17/09 01:48 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
Cicci is way way cool. Excellent acting, looks the part as a gangster. Much like Al Neri, he appears right at the end of Part I and takes out a mafia don....talk about making your bones. It's only right that he moves up after that. But he definitely looks a little disallusioned with mob life after Clemenza's death. He's wearing a black armband just like his new boss. I guess after he gets shot at and run over...he's had enough. He talks to the feds.

I wonder what happened to the cicc...

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Willie Cicci Opinions [Re: The Hollywood Finochio] #541284
05/19/09 07:03 PM
05/19/09 07:03 PM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
How the hell could Cicci have been the caporegime in Part III?

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull