GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lana), 249 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,445
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,848
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,508
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,309
Posts1,058,371
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I'm certain now.... #531864
02/16/09 01:35 PM
02/16/09 01:35 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline OP
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline OP
Underboss
New Market, MD
That any further Godfather-related movies need to be release under different titles. The Godfather Trilogy is about the rise and fall of Michael Corleone. In the past I have been a big supporter for a Part IV (if done right of course) but now I am starting to swing over to the other side.

I personally would like to see what happened to Vincent and the rest of the family after Mary's death, but not as Godfather Part 4. Maybe as a movie called Vincent, or Vincent Corleone, or The Fall of the Corleones... but definitely not as a Part IV.

That way, they dont have to stick to the structure that parts 1, 2 and 3 used, and they can do other things that maybe wouldn't have felt right in The Godfather movies.

Your thoughts?

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: DeathByClotheshanger] #531981
02/17/09 05:11 PM
02/17/09 05:11 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I wouldn't mind seeing a Michael Corleone vs Tony Montana film as a sequel to the Godfather movies, much like Alien vs Predator or Jason vs Freddie.

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: svsg] #533047
02/27/09 05:32 AM
02/27/09 05:32 AM
R
rerteu Offline
BANNED SPAMMER
rerteu  Offline
BANNED SPAMMER
R
Wiseguy
I never read it in the last.

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: rerteu] #533355
03/02/09 07:38 PM
03/02/09 07:38 PM
Georgia, USA
D
DonRobertoCorleone Offline
Button
DonRobertoCorleone  Offline
D
Button
Georgia, USA
I could still live with the title being the Godfather 4. To me its not that big a deal. But a title like The Corleone Family, or Saga of the Corleones would work too.

DonRobertoCorleone
Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: svsg] #533898
03/09/09 05:40 AM
03/09/09 05:40 AM
The Army Barracks
The_Don_Is_Dead Offline
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
The_Don_Is_Dead  Offline
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks
Originally Posted By: svsg
I wouldn't mind seeing a Michael Corleone vs Tony Montana film as a sequel to the Godfather movies, much like Alien vs Predator or Jason vs Freddie.

Well The Godfather movies will then be cheapened.
I won't really give a shit if they made a Scarface sequel, but please not a Godfather sequel.

The more i see, the less i know - John Lennon
Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #534805
03/18/09 10:21 PM
03/18/09 10:21 PM
Corleone, Sicily and Arlington...
HandsomeJackGibaldi Offline
Capo di tutti Capi
HandsomeJackGibaldi  Offline
Capo di tutti Capi
Associate
Corleone, Sicily and Arlington...
Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola were planning on making a Part IV which told about Vincent's reign as Don. Though they never fully attempted it, and following Puzo's death, the idea was scrapped entirely. That doesn't mean they still can't make one though.

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: HandsomeJackGibaldi] #536788
04/07/09 05:26 PM
04/07/09 05:26 PM
New York
mtoppi Offline
Wiseguy
mtoppi  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
Changing the name of any potential further films in the franchise has multiple benefits, but it may be difficult to convince Hollywood marketing types that calling a future film something like, "Mario Puzo's The Corleones," will register with modern audiences as a Godfather movie. They could use the same music, the same font lettering can be used, the characters can be referenced in marketing materials, and using Mario Puzo's name and having FFC sign on as an executive producer, all of this could lend some authenticity to the project.

A while back when there was a hunt for an author to write a new Godfather novel and they found Mark Winegardner, I knew a guy who submitted a draft for a story about the Corleone family that took place during the period between DeNiro Vito and Brando Vito. I vaguely remember some of the details he had in the story - which for all I know could have been the shittiest draft of a story ever written because the dude's never published anything - but, the interesting thing about this and what is ultimately my point, is that he claimed to have been turned down because he wouldn't be allowed to write about that period,... That Paramount had legal option to tell stories that took place during that time period and involving those characters and no drafts would be accepted that treaded on Paramount's legal claims.

Now, I'll be the first person to say, ok, that makes sense, but I also call bullshit. The Winegardner stories use characters created in the Godfather part II that were not a part of Puzo's original novel - Hyman Roth and Johnny Ola and such. Maybe there was some sort of deal between Paramount that allowed that to happen?

But, maybe that's not bullshit. Isn't there a well-told story about how Paramount HAD a story for a fourth Godfather film? Even Francis has spoken about it:

"...And then there was talk of a fourth 'Godfather.' And I had an idea of how you could do it, oddly enough, again paralleling two stories because it was a big part of the book that had never been made — it was the period sort of between the old period in 'Godfather II' and when you see Marlon Brando in 'The Godfather.' Mario called it the 'happy years' — when we killed them and they didn't kill us. [He laughs.]

"And Mario was very concerned to make money because he was getting older and he really wanted to leave his kids well-fixed, and I said to Paramount, 'Look it, we have an idea of a structure of this thing. Pay Mario Puzo a million dollars to do this first draft, and I'll help him and work with him. You don't have to pay me anything. But he's getting old, and he's not entirely well.' And they basically didn't do it. And then he died. "

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1576410/story.jhtml

I don't think we should give up hope. A 4th Indiana Jones film, Die Hard 4, the upcoming Ghostbusters 3,... so many fanchises are being revisited these days and making tons of money - its an offer Paramount can't refuse to bring the Godfather back! (Ok, I had to say it, I'm a cliche whore - sue me!)

On top of all that, EA has released two successful video games and the Blu-Rays and DVDs are some of the best selling home video films of all time.

Maybe its just my humble opinion, but I really think "Mario Puzo's The Corleones," the story of the Olive Oil Wars, seeing Genco Abandando come to life, the formation of the Five Families, and all the other elements of those "happy years" is more a reality than we're leading ourselves to believe. Have faith! :-)

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: mtoppi] #536926
04/09/09 06:59 AM
04/09/09 06:59 AM
Newcastle, England
james190 Offline
James
james190  Offline
James
Wiseguy
Newcastle, England
the only way i would want a part 4 would be if they used puzo's idea of a duel storyline of the 'happy years'(1930's - 40's) and vincent as don which was the other storyline planned and ffc would have to direct or produce the movie using puzo's ideas

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: james190] #537127
04/10/09 01:49 PM
04/10/09 01:49 PM
G
German_Italian Offline
Associate
German_Italian  Offline
G
Associate
I would love a fourth Godfather and from the very few rumours I have heard it would either involved Vincent's reign as Don or I the other idea which I prefer would be to set it during The Godafther returns.

Re: I'm certain now.... [Re: German_Italian] #544016
06/08/09 02:32 PM
06/08/09 02:32 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline OP
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline OP
Underboss
New Market, MD
Quote:
But, maybe that's not bullshit. Isn't there a well-told story about how Paramount HAD a story for a fourth Godfather film? Even Francis has spoken about it:

I think it was supposed to reflect Pablo Escobar. I am guessing Vincent would have become much like him with selling drugs and running the Corleone's into the ground juxtaposed against the Corleone family rising to power. Much like Part II.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull