GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 287 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,596
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Christopher was a rat!! #528764
01/16/09 09:03 PM
01/16/09 09:03 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
i have lots of solid arguments that show that after christopher shoot jt he decided to flip. as a matter of fact in his final scene he is wearing a wire - in his hat!! anyone remember the last time a character wore a ballcap on the sopranos? yup, i forget the guys name but the fbi wired his hat. it was the "MOST" or Museam of Science and Trucking hat. with CM it's a Clever hat of course.

where was the blowback for jt's murder? tony would have been super pissed when he found out. apparently he never found out. how can this be? the cold mysterious blooded murder of a hollywood screenwriter with mob connections (Clever) didn't make the news? it must have been covered up then. by who? we see CM leave the scene. he just walks out. remember when tony killed ralph? all the precautions they took?
of course the cops covered it up as part of the christopher flipping deal.
that's why CM shot JT in the first place. because he at that moment decided to flip and didn't want to change his mind. shooting jt and waiting to get caught took all the decision out of it.
by the way, notice how the car flips in the accident? symbolism.
and after the wreck CM tells tony that he needs to get a cab because he's on drugs and if afraid he'l lose his licence. do you really think CM is afraid of losing a drivers licence? especially when he must know he needs an ambulance? no, what he's afraid of his that tony may see the paramedics find the wire. and why did he fall off the wagon that night anyway? to deal with the stress and shame of wearing the wire.
thoughts anyone?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528768
01/16/09 09:10 PM
01/16/09 09:10 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
the original "rat in the hat" was named Jack Massarone.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528784
01/17/09 04:23 AM
01/17/09 04:23 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

He didn't wear a wire, he just couldn't be trusted..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528801
01/17/09 10:38 AM
01/17/09 10:38 AM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jimithicke
i have lots of solid arguments that show that after christopher shoot jt he decided to flip. as a matter of fact in his final scene he is wearing a wire - in his hat!! anyone remember the last time a character wore a ballcap on the sopranos? yup, i forget the guys name but the fbi wired his hat. it was the "MOST" or Museam of Science and Trucking hat. with CM it's a Clever hat of course.

where was the blowback for jt's murder? tony would have been super pissed when he found out. apparently he never found out. how can this be? the cold mysterious blooded murder of a hollywood screenwriter with mob connections (Clever) didn't make the news? it must have been covered up then. by who? we see CM leave the scene. he just walks out. remember when tony killed ralph? all the precautions they took?
of course the cops covered it up as part of the christopher flipping deal.
that's why CM shot JT in the first place. because he at that moment decided to flip and didn't want to change his mind. shooting jt and waiting to get caught took all the decision out of it.
by the way, notice how the car flips in the accident? symbolism.
and after the wreck CM tells tony that he needs to get a cab because he's on drugs and if afraid he'l lose his licence. do you really think CM is afraid of losing a drivers licence? especially when he must know he needs an ambulance? no, what he's afraid of his that tony may see the paramedics find the wire. and why did he fall off the wagon that night anyway? to deal with the stress and shame of wearing the wire.
thoughts anyone?

rolleyes Now you know how I felt when I wrote like this.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: DE NIRO] #528807
01/17/09 11:35 AM
01/17/09 11:35 AM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
ok. what happened with the jt murder then? how did CM not fry for that? they were known business partners on a very high profile project (clever). and why did CM do it? seconds before killing jt he's talking seriously about flipping.
why was CM high the night of the accident?
why does he suddenly start wearing a ballcap to business meetings? why after the accident in which he is obviously seriously injured does he ask tony to get him a cab instead of an ambulance? so he won't lose his license? he's CM. why would he give one shit about having a drivers license?
did you not see chris' hummer flipping, taking tony down, almost ruining him?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Lompac] #528808
01/17/09 11:39 AM
01/17/09 11:39 AM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
??
when you wrote what?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528809
01/17/09 12:09 PM
01/17/09 12:09 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
At first, I didn't think Chrissy would ever be a rat, but after multiple viewings on the final season, I actually think he did flip. But, I don't think the FBI caught him for the JT murder. Chris didn't want to get caught for that - how would you explain the fact he made sure he didn't leave his fingerprints on the doorknob.
However, if one recalls, at the end of the episode Christopher comes home to a yard that is completely wrecked (by Paulie), which is symbolic of the state of Christopher's mind and soul at the moment. Right before he enters his house, Chris stops and rights a tree (one could say he "flipped" it - right-side up) that had fallen on its side. I believe this stands for Christopher's final decision to flip on his own will. He went to the FBI - they didn't come to him.
But, he didn't have much time to inform the FBI of Tony's greatest crimes, as he is killed one episode later. Tony's luck subsequently changes at this very moment - notice how lucky he is in Vegas later in Kennedy and Heidi. The change of fortune is that Tony made the correct "business" decision in killing Chrissy, no matter how dreadful that decision was to his blood family.
Christopher may have very well been the one "giving grand jury testimony" Tony's lawyer mentions in the final episode.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Sopranorleone] #528813
01/17/09 01:56 PM
01/17/09 01:56 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
= God exists!

There's no way of knowing for sure, of course, but the evidence against Christopher being a rat outweighs the evidence for.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #528816
01/17/09 02:06 PM
01/17/09 02:06 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
That may be so, Capo. But the greatest aspect of (at least) the final season of the Sopranos is that, with all it's symbolism and Shakespearean nature, there's a variety of legitimate interpretations, which everyone is entitled to.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Sopranorleone] #528827
01/17/09 03:02 PM
01/17/09 03:02 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
.....yeah, and so was Ade!!

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Lompac] #528840
01/17/09 05:17 PM
01/17/09 05:17 PM
South of Tom's Town
Paddy Offline
Button
Paddy  Offline
Button
South of Tom's Town
I don't think Chris had yet flipped...maybe because I — and I suspect others here — don't want it to be so...but Jimithicke does raise an interesting question that raises my suspicion level a notch: Why WAS Chris wearing a ballcap in the meeting between Tony and Phil? It's a little unprofessional and something that no one had ever done up to that point (Massarone doesn't count as he was only a connected businessman). What, just out of the blue Chris decides to put on a ballcap to go to an important meeting? And since nothing in the Sopranos is done half-assed or without thought behind it, there had to be a reason for the cap.

On the other hand, the mic-in-the-cap trick had already been found out when Massarone was whacked and his stupid hat was stuffed in his mouth. It's not like it was original anymore. And Chris was on high that night because he had begun using again (starting the night he killed JT) and Chris was ALWAYS a little high when he started using.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Paddy] #528849
01/17/09 06:14 PM
01/17/09 06:14 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
Paddy is right that "nothing in the Sopranos is done half-assed or without thought behind it"
do you guys think that the mysterious murder of jt dolan should have made it into the newspaper? don't you think someone, no, everyone, would have connected chrissy to it? like the FBI, or at the very least, tony? what if tony did know, what would his reaction have been? remember when chrissy shot that civilian kid in the foot at the bakery? tony was super pissed. and JT was a murder! no, it was deliberately kept quiet by someone.
you really can't think that the murder just blew over.
it doesn't matter that massarone was not in the mob. the hat is the thing.
also - why did he shoot jt? just because jt said "mafia"? i don't buy it.
also, i don't think we know how much time passed between those episodes. there may have been plenty of time for the feds to bring chrissy in and fix his hat up like they did with masserone.
also, how do you guys explain him wanting a cab instead of an ambulance? this obviously was a curious request. tony just ignored it as he started to dial 911.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #528853
01/17/09 06:25 PM
01/17/09 06:25 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
= God exists!

There's no way of knowing for sure, of course, but the evidence against Christopher being a rat outweighs the evidence for.

like what evidence against? did you see the episode where chris shoots jt? he wanted to flip! he said so. i find it odd that noone will accept that. hell, he was my favorite character too.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528911
01/18/09 05:17 AM
01/18/09 05:17 AM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
He said to JT that he knew alot that would break the familys back.

He doesn't want to flip, but doesn't want to carry on with Tony.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Sopranorleone] #528924
01/18/09 09:32 AM
01/18/09 09:32 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Originally Posted By: Sopranorleone
That may be so, Capo. But the greatest aspect of (at least) the final season of the Sopranos is that, with all it's symbolism and Shakespearean nature, there's a variety of legitimate interpretations, which everyone is entitled to.
Yeah, but as with Shakespeare, there may not necessarily be a right interpretation, but I think there are many wrong ones.

This isn't necessarily the case here, I just think it needs some more thought. Though Christopher certainly had a recurring weakness and increasing frustration toward Tony, not to mention a vulnerabilty to the Feds, I don't think he was a rat at the time of his death.

Chase has said (in the Brett Martin series guide) that talking to the Feds was a recurring problem for Tony and his inner circle, and that at the end of the season there were probably more rats than we as an audience (and Chase as a writer) knew about. It's true: Raymond Curto was talking to the Feds but never got found out; nor did Eugene.

But Chase is talking about a fiction as if it's a real-life case. It might invite speculation from many viewers, but I'd prefer a more exegetic approach. Work with what you've got.

As for the cap: at which other point in the show does Christopher wear one? In his first ever scene, in which he is also chauffeuring Tony. When Tony notices the Cleaver cap in the hospital after killing Chris, he may as well be lamenting the earlier memory, not the fact he's just killed his would-be heir.

In the dissertation I just wrote, I noted how this motif brings Christopher's narrative full circle; he ends how he began, and in between all you've got is a series of disappointments. It's very cynical.

On J.T., and Christopher's killing him: Christopher seeks a way out, in his brash, intoxicated state. When J.T. (a degenerate himself, and knowing fine well it's better not to get involved with these guys because of previous incidents) refuses to help Christopher, the latter kills him. It's as brash and unwise a decision as it was to go there in the first place. J.T. lacks the understanding and humanity (and cultural commonality) of Adriana, and is thus unable to bring Christopher out of his way of thinking. Realising this, and realising too of his oath and duty to his Family, Christopher kills J.T. in order to cover his tracks. He knows fine well how J.T. is a leech, a loser, as much as he himself is; hence the decision to kill him. Though J.T. isn't in any position of confidence or power to use Christopher's words against him, Christopher can't take the risk.

----------

An unrelated note on rats: Maurice Yacowar notes the series' title, The Sopranos - and how to flip is to "sing", to the FBI. The Soprano is a high-pitched female singer, and this show's all about masculine values in a decaying contemporary system. A subtle in-joke, perhaps?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #528926
01/18/09 09:38 AM
01/18/09 09:38 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
PS. There's a good article on "Walk Like a Man" here.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #528928
01/18/09 10:24 AM
01/18/09 10:24 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I would have ratted out Tony in a heart beat if I was Chris. Motherfucker doesn't appreciate me whacking my fiance, fuck the Omerta. She was hot as hell. I'd rather be looking at Ade naked every night then Tony's fat ass.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: whisper] #528931
01/18/09 12:50 PM
01/18/09 12:50 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
all right then Capo. your "dissertation" still says nothing about why tony never learned about Christopher's murder of jt? tony certainly reads the paper. so who covered it up? the cops of course.

you really think chris kills jt and leaves his body there to "cover his tracks"? do you think chris is that stupid? even if this was his reason for shooting him, do you really think it would work? to just abandon the body there? the police are indeed comical at times but they do exist, and they are actively after tony and Christopher for that matter. look at what eventually happened to Adrianna. there was a murder at her bar which she had nothing to do with except for trying to help cover it up. the cops put those pieces together despite her having no relationship with the victim and the effort to cover it up. they'd have to be idiots or not interested to not question CM about this.

you also says nothing about the obvious symbolism of the hummer FLIPPING in the air several times almost killing tony?

or why chris wants a cab instead of an ambulance...

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #528932
01/18/09 12:53 PM
01/18/09 12:53 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
and yes, there is plenty pleeeenty of motive for CM to rat out tony. now he's gotta beat a murder rap. of a civilian no less!

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529051
01/19/09 10:09 AM
01/19/09 10:09 AM
South of Tom's Town
Paddy Offline
Button
Paddy  Offline
Button
South of Tom's Town
and yes, there is plenty pleeeenty of motive for CM to rat out tony. now he's gotta beat a murder rap. of a civilian no less!

Wouldn't have been the first time, though. Remember the waiter in Atlantic City that Chris and Paulie killed? And in that case, Chris knew that he wasn't the only one who knew about it. For all he knew, Paulie could get the Feds to promise immunity from prosecution and then tell about the waiter murder. If Chris was ever worried about being found out about the murder of a civilian, it would have been then.

All I'm saying is there was a precedent. I haven't made up my mind if Chris was a rat when he died. We'll never know for sure, of course. All we can do is do what we're doing now.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Paddy] #529083
01/19/09 02:52 PM
01/19/09 02:52 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
true. but it's fun. that's what is so great about this show.

i remember the murder of the waiter. that i thought was one of the worst events in this show. it didn't make sense. it was sloppy as hell. in my opinion it was a way for the writers to form a truce between paulie and CM. but it's not the same as killing jt.

the waiter had no relationship to CM and they were unknown in Atlantic City (paulie says this). it's possible, however unlikely that the AC cops wouldn't connect this murder to the soprano crew. maybe they just got very lucky.

JT was a well known associate of CM and the rest of them for that matter. remember all of those guys financed Cleaver.... even if JT's role in the film was kept as a secret (i don't remember, but this seems highly unlikely). but CM and JT had a long open relationship.

please answer this honestly. in the sopranos universe, do you think the cops were curious about who murdered jt? do you think that they talked to CM about it? if they did, then why is that not even touched on again? how was the murder kept out of the press? no one here has answered these questions yet.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529085
01/19/09 02:58 PM
01/19/09 02:58 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
I definately isn't the cops who come through the door at Holsteins.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Lompac] #529112
01/19/09 06:09 PM
01/19/09 06:09 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529113
01/19/09 06:11 PM
01/19/09 06:11 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
are there any adults that look at this site?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529120
01/19/09 06:49 PM
01/19/09 06:49 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
also, with the adriana thing CM did actually consider flipping. remember right after she tells him (after he beats her up) before he goes to tony, he goes to the gas station. at the gas station he is gassing up the hummer thinking about what to do. That is when he sees a poor family all climbing into a piece of shit car. remember the dad had a great mullet and was carrying mountain dew? that's when CM decided to go to tony instead of going into the witness protection program. he had adriana whacked(i.e. did not flip) because he didn't want to give up his lifestyle, not just out of loyalty.

later on when he's pouring his heart out to jt, he wishes that he would've flipped back then instead of giving up Adriana. He realizes that he made the wrong decision back then. He's drowning in regret. He then makes the decision of a lifetime. Not only will he flip but this time he'll make damn sure that this time he can't he sober up and back out. In killing jt he removes the decision this time around. he knows the cops will have him dead to rights and he'll fry if he doesn't flip.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529124
01/19/09 08:09 PM
01/19/09 08:09 PM
Lompac Offline
BANNED
Lompac  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Its obvious what I mean't. Your all explaining possible meanings and outcomes. I was just pointing out that Chrissy didn't flip, hence the cops didn't walk through the door as Tony looked up.

Some people will say that its possible the cops were the ones through the door, as they grabbed Meadow before she reached the door, but I can tell you its impossible to even make that little what if because it clearly shows on YouTube, Meadow walking through the door on the "wrap up" footage.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: Lompac] #529131
01/19/09 09:08 PM
01/19/09 09:08 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
lompac, i never said the cops came though the door at holsteins. and obviously that didn't happen. and this to you means that christopher didn't flip? are you drunk?

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529141
01/19/09 10:36 PM
01/19/09 10:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
i remember the murder of the waiter. that i thought was one of the worst events in this show. it didn't make sense. it was sloppy as hell. in my opinion it was a way for the writers to form a truce between paulie and CM.

The scene served a purpose. It showed that these guys are really petty and not particularly bright.

A lot of their alliances are based on common experiences (they may have killed someone together, for instance).

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: SC] #529148
01/19/09 11:19 PM
01/19/09 11:19 PM
J
jimithicke Offline OP
Wiseguy
jimithicke  Offline OP
J
Wiseguy
i hate argue with everyone about everything on here but, how did that show that they are petty? i thought it was out of character for them to react that way. very sloppy.

Re: Christopher was a rat!! [Re: jimithicke] #529150
01/19/09 11:42 PM
01/19/09 11:42 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
They were arguing over a $1200 check (I THINK that was the figure). In the general scheme of things, especially considering it was a big night out for all the guys, I think that was a petty thing to argue about (and Chris should have known that as the low man on the totem pole he'd be stuck with the check). They argued over what the other ordered... that's not petty?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull