GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,650
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone #527426
01/05/09 03:18 PM
01/05/09 03:18 PM
M
MichaelCorleone1234 Offline OP
Associate
MichaelCorleone1234  Offline OP
M
Associate
Does anyone else think that in Godfather 3 Michael looked nothing like a don? I know he was old but he lacked that don-esque look that he had in 1 and 2 and the one Brando had when he was a similar age.

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: MichaelCorleone1234] #527431
01/05/09 03:33 PM
01/05/09 03:33 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Well, at that point he was trying very hard to be "legitimate," so if he looked Donn-ish beforehand, he'd certainly be trying to look different.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: Turnbull] #527447
01/05/09 05:11 PM
01/05/09 05:11 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It was the haircut. It was not donnish nor attractive on him. Of course, as TB points out, he was not necessarily trying to be donnish.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: olivant] #527888
01/09/09 02:05 PM
01/09/09 02:05 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Even Kay says she liked him better when he looked like a common mafia hood.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: dontomasso] #528573
01/15/09 11:37 AM
01/15/09 11:37 AM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
I have to agree with Olivant. It was the haircut. Vincent wore his hair slicked back much like Michael in the first two films. Michael's hairstyle was reminiscent of Vito. That spikey hair in GFIII made Michael look like walked right out of a bad 1980s MTV video.

I would also add that Michael was too outspoken in the third film. Like his father, Michael always kept his true feelings quiet in the presence of others. The "old" Michael would have never made that joke about listening to Tony Bennett records, screamed at Vincent to "shut up," made confession, and he would not have had that conversation with Kay ("gimme the order!").

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: goombah] #528845
01/17/09 05:50 PM
01/17/09 05:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Didn't want to start another thread, so ...

In one scene, Hamilton shouts "We had a deal." What deal? In a previous scene, the Bishop on behalf of the Vatican had pledged the Vatican's support for Michael's control of Immobiliere subject to the Pope's approval. The Bishop tells all in Rome that the Pope is gravely ill and this is just a brief delay. So, what is Hamilton shouting about since he knew that the Pope had to approve the sale of the Vatican's stake in Immobiliere.

Also, what "fleet" is Lucchese referring to?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: olivant] #528880
01/17/09 09:22 PM
01/17/09 09:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Though this puts me in the position of rationalizing bad writing: ohwell
Probably Harrison's "we" is the Corleones with Archbishop Gilday, who assured him that he was confidently speaking for the Pope and whatever Board of Directors Lucchese and Kleinzig represented. Hence the "formality." If the Pope was being poisoned by Gilday and his conspirators, then, as Kleinzig said, "all bets are off," and Gilday would have gotten his bailout without having to make good on the pledge to hand over Immobiliare to Michael.

Lucchese's use of "fleet" is an awkward euphemism for control of Immobiliare's board: "We’ll gladly put you at the helm of our little fleet. But our ships, must all sail in the same direction." I inferred that "fleet" meant the various business interests of Immobiliare's board that may or may not have been included as part of what Gilday promised Michael. The line served no purpose other than for Puzo and FFC to try to inject some "fancy Old World idioms" tongue into a feeble script.

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: Turnbull] #529526
01/22/09 10:38 AM
01/22/09 10:38 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Lucchese's use of "fleet" is an awkward euphemism for control of Immobiliare's board: "We’ll gladly put you at the helm of our little fleet. But our ships, must all sail in the same direction." I inferred that "fleet" meant the various business interests of Immobiliare's board that may or may not have been included as part of what Gilday promised Michael. The line served no purpose other than for Puzo and FFC to try to inject some "fancy Old World idioms" tongue into a feeble script.

They also put the line in because the whole plot was so confusing no one would comprehend Dontomassino's identification of Luchese as the one person who had his feet in "both worlds,"
without Michael immediately repeating the line about ships sailing in the same direction.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: dontomasso] #530113
01/27/09 09:39 PM
01/27/09 09:39 PM
Berlin, Germany
consiGliera Offline
Made Member
consiGliera  Offline
Made Member
Berlin, Germany
If you ask me, everyone turned out looking worse in GF 3. As if they all got a downgrade, except Connie maybe, who kind of rocks that "shady old shrew" style. One of the many things that always bothered me about GF 3 was the look, including costumes and styling. It was weak. And I´ve always wondered why. It´s astounding, since they basically had the same team working on it, and the first two movies are so visually stunning.

Ever since I saw that movie, I ask myself if it´s me, if it´s the stylists, or if something was seriously off with the fashion in that decade.

Oh, and yeah. Pacino´s hair looks CRAZY.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen
Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: consiGliera] #530214
01/29/09 01:03 PM
01/29/09 01:03 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: consiGliera
If you ask me, everyone turned out looking worse in GF 3. As if they all got a downgrade, except Connie maybe, who kind of rocks that "shady old shrew" style. One of the many things that always bothered me about GF 3 was the look, including costumes and styling. It was weak. And I´ve always wondered why. It´s astounding, since they basically had the same team working on it, and the first two movies are so visually stunning.

Ever since I saw that movie, I ask myself if it´s me, if it´s the stylists, or if something was seriously off with the fashion in that decade.

Oh, and yeah. Pacino´s hair looks CRAZY.

Some of the styles echoed the late '70's ... glittery dresses, big hair on women, etc. Asw for Michael's hair, all I can think is that Senator Geary's comment about oily hair got to him. I believe around that time there was a commercial for some kind of men's hair product that proclaimed "the wet head is dead." Either that or Michael's barber suddenly found himself sleeping with the fishes.

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: dontomasso] #530221
01/29/09 01:38 PM
01/29/09 01:38 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, the Fifties was the era of Brylcreem and Alberto V05. By the Seventies, the "wet look" was out and hairspray was in.

Re: Godfather III - Un-Don looking Michael Corleone [Re: Turnbull] #530242
01/29/09 10:52 PM
01/29/09 10:52 PM
pgh., pa
Guiseppe Petri Offline
. 45 caliber
Guiseppe Petri  Offline
. 45 caliber
Made Member
pgh., pa
he should have worn it the same way he did in Scent of a Woman

Guiseppe Petri