GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, 2 invisible), 337 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,335
Posts1,058,839
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32564
09/16/05 04:48 PM
09/16/05 04:48 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I'm with you on this one Plaw.

He screwed up so many timelines, so many references, and the book had so many inconsistancies. He proved that he did NOT do his homework. He did not have a passion for this movie as we do. Nothing that he's said or done with regards to The Godfather is valid in my eyes. Nothing.

For pete's sake at the very begining, when we all started reading this book, we ALL picked up the same mistake. I don't recall exactly what it was, but something to do with mixing up someone who was in Clemenza's regime with Tessio's regime. A detail that the average GF fan would know.

This guy sucked in plain english.

At least GFIII had some consistancy to it, and it somewhat continued the story of most of the characters from I and II.

Godfather III blows The Godfather Returns away big time.

What's that tell you? eek

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32565
09/16/05 04:55 PM
09/16/05 04:55 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
And another thing, ( now you got me all wound up about this Winegardner, Plaw) this guy was handed a whole base of characters on a silver platter! Characters that FFC and Puzo developed in GFII. Characters like Pentangeli, Hyman Roth, etc. that most Godfather fans would have loved to know more detail about. Instead this money making opportunist drops the ball and spends 1/4 of the book on a Nick Geraci, another 1/4 on Sonny's daughters ( which he screwed up also ) and another 1/4 on Fredo being gay! Give me a break.

The guy didn't even know how to take the ball and run with it. No one in his path and he fumbles BIG time!

Don't get me started Plaw about Godfather Returns.

A disgrace to the Godfather Legacy.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32566
09/16/05 04:58 PM
09/16/05 04:58 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I'm with you on this one Plaw.

He screwed up so many timelines, so many references, and the book had so many inconsistancies. He proved that he did NOT do his homework. He did not have a passion for this movie as we do. Nothing that he's said or done with regards to The Godfather is valid in my eyes. Nothing.

For pete's sake at the very begining, when we all started reading this book, we ALL picked up the same mistake. I don't recall exactly what it was, but something to do with mixing up someone who was in Clemenza's regime with Tessio's regime. A detail that the average GF fan would know.

This guy sucked in plain english.

At least GFIII had some consistancy to it, and it somewhat continued the story of most of the characters from I and II.

Godfather III blows The Godfather Returns away big time.

What's that tell you? eek

Don Cardi cool
Too bad, DC. He's getting another crack at sh*tting on the GF films by way of The Godfather's Revenge... frown mad

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32567
09/16/05 05:08 PM
09/16/05 05:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Too bad, DC. He's getting another crack at sh*tting on the GF films by way of The Godfather's Revenge... frown mad
I thought you were breaking my b**ls here. THen I do a search and find out that you are telling the truth! OMG!
Here:
"The Corleones are coming back. Using the assassination of President Kennedy as a plot element, a new novel by Mark Winegardner, who wrote the 2004 best seller "The Godfather Returns" with the permission of the estate of Mario Puzo, is in the works. G. P. Putnam's Sons, an imprint of Penguin Group U.S.A., expects to publish "The Godfather's Revenge" next year."

I love the part in this article that says : "..who wrote the 2004 BEST SELLER The Godfather Returns.
lol lol

A month after it's original release, you could find them all over the bargain book tables.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32568
09/16/05 05:14 PM
09/16/05 05:14 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I won't waste my money again.

It was only a best-seller because it said GODFATHER on the cover... Obviously. tongue

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32569
09/16/05 05:20 PM
09/16/05 05:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I won't waste my money again. tongue
Yes you will. Just like I will. We're GF whores. See my post about exactly this over in the GF Returns Thread.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32570
09/16/05 05:37 PM
09/16/05 05:37 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] I won't waste my money again. tongue
Yes you will. Just like I will. We're GF whores. See my post about exactly this over in the GF Returns Thread.

Don Cardi cool [/b]
You're damn right, too. frown

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32571
09/16/05 08:45 PM
09/16/05 08:45 PM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button
I'm with you on this one Don Cardi, Plaw, and others. Really I have not liked the Winegardner's novel.
I only wanted to solve some doubts about ranks and hierarchies wink . Already I have understood that Clemenza and Pentangeli are caporegimes always (though Mike does not reside in NY).

Le haré una oferta que no podrá rechazar.
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32572
09/16/05 08:53 PM
09/16/05 08:53 PM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button
A question:If Zaza does not belong to the Corleone family (I suppose that he belongs to the Barzini or Stracci family) who was going to be the successor of Mike in the Corleone family before Vincent's arrival?
Thanks in advance smile

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32573
09/16/05 09:34 PM
09/16/05 09:34 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I understand the reason for the thread Julio, but if you imply again that Weingardner's book is in any way, shape, or form, authoritative or "official", or include any of his characters or ideas in another timeline or discussion, then I may have to kill you (j/k).

lol wink tongue

(Sorry, this is a bit of a sore spot with me.)

BTW....excellent point, Don Cardi, about all of those characters on the silver platter.

Maybe "The Return of The Godfather's Return" will be better.

As far as your question above goes, Julio.....

The movie doesn't give us an answer, so we can only speculate.

From the end of the novel, I have the impression that the Barzini and Tattaglia families are "broken up", altho GF II contradicts this when Neri (I think it was) saya to Michael at one point that Fabrizzio's entrance to the United States was sponsored by the Barzini Family.

My guess is that Zasa was an "up-and-comer" within the Corleone Family itself, a Capo perhaps, who was considered capable of taking over the NY operations, and was granted a large (but not complete) degree of autonomy to do so, in exchange for a percentage of profits to Michael.

As far as who would run the family upon Michael's death goes, I think Michael figured by the time he passed on that the family would be completely legitimate, and aside from lawyers and executives to look after the family business interests, there would be no need for anyone to run the family in the way that you're thinking.

Probably a top executive along the lines of someone who was capable of heading a company like General Motors or U.S. Steel would have done the trick.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32574
09/17/05 08:33 AM
09/17/05 08:33 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Wasn't Zasa an upcoming protegé of Altobelle who was also a Capo in the Corleone family, like other Capi like Clemenza, Rocco and Pentangeli?

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32575
09/17/05 11:30 AM
09/17/05 11:30 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Zasa and Altobello were allies, as we learn later, but I don't think that there is any indication that he was a protegé of Altobello, or that Altobello is part of Michael's crime family in any way.

Michael was the most powerful organized crime leader in America, so all of the other Dons were, in a sense, "under" him or, to an extent, his "rule", but I don't see where Altobello was a Capo under Michael or anything like that.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32576
09/17/05 11:45 AM
09/17/05 11:45 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Wat was the deal then about Altobello? Was he a Corleone-friend who took over the Barzini, Tattaglia, Cuneo, or Stracci familiy?

Or...maybe has was Capo of the 6th family. eek smile
There you go Plaw, I solved your mistery. grin grin
There are indeed 6 families. But the sixth worked somehow together with the Corleone. So they weren't punished in the 5-families-murder.
Zasa was a capo, or underboss that eventually took over the family after Altobello retired on a way Vito also did.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32577
09/18/05 09:35 AM
09/18/05 09:35 AM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button
Originally posted by plawrence:

From the end of the novel, I have the impression that the Barzini and Tattaglia families are "broken up", altho GF II contradicts this when Neri (I think it was) saya to Michael at one point that Fabrizzio's entrance to the United States was sponsored by the Barzini Family.
Comparing the Cosa Nostra structure of the movie to the reality, I think that all 5 Families must continue existing, with the same name or with different name for each one. I was going to post a thing about this topic but I will not do it because it is based on Winegardner, and already I know that I am cordially and politely threatened grin wink

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32578
09/18/05 09:37 AM
09/18/05 09:37 AM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button

My guess is that Zasa was an "up-and-comer" within the Corleone Family itself, a Capo perhaps, who was considered capable of taking over the NY operations, and was granted a large (but not complete) degree of autonomy to do so, in exchange for a percentage of profits to Michael.

In the Godfather III, Al Neri says to Mike, after the Commission: “The old Dons were pretty much wiped out. The ones that survived, made deals with Joey Zasa”. In fact I don´t know if Zaza is within Corleone family or if he is a strange confused .

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32579
09/18/05 09:38 AM
09/18/05 09:38 AM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button
As far as who would run the family upon Michael's death goes, I think Michael figured by the time he passed on that the family would be completely legitimate, and aside from lawyers and executives to look after the family business interests, there would be no need for anyone to run the family in the way that you're thinking.

Probably a top executive along the lines of someone who was capable of heading a company like General Motors or U.S. Steel would have done the trick.
Yes, Mike tries to retire and to legitimize his (real) family. But I think that the structure of all 5 Families should not break because the 5 families always will exist. So I suppose that the " criminal part " of the Corleone family is transfered and directed by other persons, like for example Zasa.

Re: Corleone bosses. Timeline #32580
09/18/05 04:15 PM
09/18/05 04:15 PM
julioclaudio Offline OP
Button
julioclaudio  Offline OP
Button
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Wat was the deal then about Altobello? Was he a Corleone-friend who took over the Barzini, Tattaglia, Cuneo, or Stracci familiy?

Or...maybe has was Capo of the 6th family. eek smile
There you go Plaw, I solved your mistery. grin grin
There are indeed 6 families. But the sixth worked somehow together with the Corleone. So they weren't punished in the 5-families-murder.
Zasa was a capo, or underboss that eventually took over the family after Altobello retired on a way Vito also did.
Altobello was a boss of the Tattaglia Family (according to Winegardner rolleyes blush ). He took over from Rico Tattaglia, Phillip´s brother

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull