GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 398 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,080
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,371
Posts1,059,524
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who You Are And Where You're From #521150
11/19/08 05:21 PM
11/19/08 05:21 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline OP
Longneck  Offline OP

In a van down by the river!
This was my (very long) response to a question in a writing group on facebook with an updated ending. What's your story?

I am from an hour north of Indianapolis, Indiana but now live an hour east of Chicago.

I graduated college from a hick town named Frankfort, where the mascot is the Hotdogs. Not for semi-edible food, but the miniature dachshunds or whatever, tiny dog. But ours has ferocious teeth and it was so mean it gave you rabies if you looked at it funny.

It was, maybe is, being bombarded with immigrants from Mexico for some reason I never understood. Of all the places to migrate to, why that piece of shit little place?

I grew up in what were called smoke shops. They didn't sell cigarettes and people went there to gamble or play pool. My dad gambled while the owner would teach me how to hustle people. The place would be closed, my dad would be broke, and we'd just hang around, maybe order a pizza and watch some TV there. Sometimes we'd take the $5-$10 he had left and get some dinner.

He ended up losing my mom's car, our house, and my mom. I lived with her for awhile and then I lived on what used to be a farm many years ago out in the country. No electricity, no running water. Played poker by candlelight, went to the same diner for breakfast each morning. Came up with stuff to do during the day. Once my dad beat me in a competition to see who could chop down a tree first. Damn it. But it was close...

We got the electricity turned on, my mom moved back with us, and we had an apartment in a very very small town named Mulberry. There's a bank, post office, liquor store, bar, gas station, and a Pizza King. The rest is houses. It's 6 miles from everywhere. Anywhere you see a sign that says Mulberry, it's followed by a 6.

My best friend from high school introduced me to this girl online. He was down in Terre Haute, going to college. He met a girl down there and this was her best friend at the time. We talked, hours each night. At least 8 hours a day for 3 months. She picked me up and took me down to The Haute. Her 2 drunk friends had convinced her that picking up a stranger who lived 3 hours away and bringing him back to her dorm room was a good idea.

I stayed a few days, we fucked like rabbits. She took me home. I broke up with her on Christmas Eve. Who knows why. Panic is my guess. Weird feelings. Love.

I couldn't stop talking to her and soon we got back together and she'd pick me up whenever she could for week long visits. Then we didn't have an apartment in Mulberry anymore so it was back to the farm. No running water.

My girl was from a family that always had luxuries like running water, electricity, expensive clothes, and whatnot. She was a priss. She stuck with me through it though. She endured staying in a rat infested trailer that was about 50 years old for me. She would bring food when she came to visit. We didn't have a stove. A gas grill and an electric skillet was used to cook. We had a tiny fridge that would not stay shut without duct tape.

I had an aunt that lived close to the farm, I'd shower there once a week. I was carrying a towel with shampoo wrapped in it down the road. I saw a cop car pull up in front of me, and turned around when I heard a car behind me. sheriff. "Drop the towel and raise your hands!" What the hell? He got out, his gun drawn. I laugh at the absurdity of the moment and do as he says. Apparently someone reported I was walking around with a gun and these small town pigs were bored. Makes for a fun story though.

My girl got me to go to college, which I am struggling to finish to this day. Not because of intelligence or anything, but I don't really know what it is. School and I do not get along. With that, it meant moving to Terre Haute and away from all that bullshit.

Moved there, my best friend who had introduced us started not getting along with my wife. Made some comments on instant messenger to me, chickened out about saying it to my face. Friendship over.

Moved around a couple times living with my girl, stiffing landlords on the last month's rent whenever possible. My mom lived with us for awhile, which I would not recommend to anyone in a relationship with a severely depressed mother and a tiny apartment. Lots of arguments, including one at around midnight in a parking lot across from the courthouse. One cop car shows up, lights flashing. Then 2 more. Then about 5 cops run across 6 lanes of traffic on U.S. 41. We are both laughing at the absurdity of the moment.

We move to Valpo when she is about done and can finish her classes online and I can too. She graduates with a 4 year nursing degree. We get pregnant. Finally, awesome. We've always talked about a family. We get married. Two days later we lose our son.

Since then everything is pretty much shit. The happiest day of our lives and then BOOM! The best way to describe it would be a massive train wreck. We still can't get back on track, and who knows if we ever will.

I knocked her up again and now I think I will be moving to Terre Haute in January to finish my degree. Online classes are not for me. My wife will still be living up here, and I'll visit whenever I can. It'll suck but I need to get my degree.

Last edited by J Geoff; 06/10/11 02:45 AM. Reason: Removing real name upon request

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: Longneck] #521155
11/19/08 06:09 PM
11/19/08 06:09 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
I was born and bred in Newcastle upon Tyne in England, a city on the north east coast about 60 miles from Scotland. My father was Scottish,my mother English,so i proudly carry both heritages.
I am an only child,my mother suffered 3 miscarriages and a stillbirth. I would like to say i was spoilt but times were tough when i was a kid,we were strictly lower middle class,but i was always well loved.
I never fulfilled my promise at school,i left when i was 17 to work full time. I spent my late teens and early twenties burning the candle at both ends and pissing my life up against the wall. By the age of 24 i had met and married my beloved wife wife,Niki and now at the age of 38 i am a happily married old bastard with 4 kids,who are my (along with my wife) my absolute life.

To Be continued.....

Hopefully smile

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #521167
11/19/08 06:27 PM
11/19/08 06:27 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
...and now at the age of 38 i am...

You're only 38??!! Damn, that avatar really threw me off! lol

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: J Geoff] #521168
11/19/08 06:29 PM
11/19/08 06:29 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
...and now at the age of 38 i am...

You're only 38??!! Damn, that avatar really threw me off! lol

I look even older than Mr. Gambino in real life smile

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: Yogi Barrabbas] #521217
11/19/08 11:21 PM
11/19/08 11:21 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I was Born in the South East of Melbourne In a place called Frankston. My Mother and Father separated when I was 4 Months old. I never saw him again. My Mother and I moved around from place to place etc. When I was about 4, she started dating a Member of the "Carlton Crew" (A melbourne Mafia family) **Check my "Brothers Old man *** thread in the real life section. They never married, But my Mum gave birth to my half brother and then they separated. Again, we moved around etc. I was ten when my Mum remarried again. Unfortunately, this guy was a wife beating abuser and we eventually had to run away etc etc. In High School I was a popular kid, good at sports, But I turned to drugs and gangs etc. Dropped out of school to hang at Train stations doing stupid shit. Gang fights, Weed, coke was my life at one point. Kinda got back on track then went to Prison for assault. Got out, went back in for drink driving, got out and now, I'm looking for a Job etc. Released my debut album a month before getting locked up. It sold out in Melbourne and Sydney etc. Beginning work on my next one as we speak.

One day I hope to start my own music distribution company.

This is a rough summary of my life. No point getting into gory details of my teenage years. I'll spare you all from that shit. Haha

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: whisper] #521634
11/22/08 08:02 PM
11/22/08 08:02 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Wow after those stories, my life has been considerably tame.

I'm 25, was born in Scunthorpe, England, raised by a Scottish mother and English father. A very much working class family, we never had a lot of money but were far from poor. We had enough money for "abroad" holidays every couple of years or so and I was more than spoiled on special occasions. My mum and dad are very laid back, quite hippyish and have been, and are, incredible role models.

I quit education at 16, I got some menial (but good pay) work. The reason being is that I discovered the pub, but more importantly I was too immature for that stage of education. I was bright enough to do it, but just didn't want to. Then at 20 I decided I wanted more - and felt like I was capable of so much more. I went to Uni (I got on as a mature student - ha!) and whilst balancing that and full time work, I finally graduated earlier this year.

After living in Scunthorpe for all my life until 23, I made the big move of moving to a big city (Manchester)just a year and a half ago. I love it, my "career" has taken off. I'm a long way from where I want to be but I've at least taken a few steps towards where it. As much as I love Scunthorpe, I couldn't live there again and I wouldn't get anywhere there. Manchester is a great city but I think in less than 2/3 years time I'll want to move somewhere else - to another UK city. Then after a few more years I'd love to make the transition to the US or Canada.

And that's me. I've missed out a few key things including drugs, drink, lung collapsing, etc. but the above is the backbone to my life.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: Turi Giuliano] #535498
03/26/09 04:30 PM
03/26/09 04:30 PM
pfaff_luhver Offline
LOOKIN' 4 A LUVER IN A WORLD THAT'S MUCH TOO DARK
pfaff_luhver  Offline
Button
I am a self-proclaimed artist and I'm from the Chicagoland area smile

Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: pfaff_luhver] #535500
03/26/09 04:32 PM
03/26/09 04:32 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
What kind of an artist? I am a graphic designer and cartoonist.

Re: Who You Are And Where You're From [Re: Mark] #550587
07/30/09 02:06 PM
07/30/09 02:06 PM
pfaff_luhver Offline
pfaff_luhver  Offline
Button
I draw, I write songs/poems, and stories.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull