GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Turnbull, m2w), 248 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,438
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,334
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 88 of 95 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 94 95
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #611317
08/17/11 12:06 AM
08/17/11 12:06 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
LOL The Bachman flub has been on the news a lot today. lol

On another note, Rep Ryan is gonna charge $15 to ask a face to face question at town hall meetings. Can you imagine? eek I heard them mention another representative that's going to do the same, but can't recall the name.

TIS

and, the republicans wonder why they can't find a 'suitable' front runner

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #611347
08/17/11 08:58 AM
08/17/11 08:58 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Agreed Nitti, but if Perry keeps religion out of it and focuses on jobs and then puts Christie on the ticket, he could pull off enough voters inthe swing states like Penn, Ohio etc
Not to mention New Jersey

I don't see Christie as anyone's VP.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #611349
08/17/11 09:46 AM
08/17/11 09:46 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The moast dangerous ticket for Obama IMHO is Perry-Christie.

Stop, DT. You're giving Apple lady wood.

Still, the question lingers: where is Apple?

She's in charge of fact checking for the Bachman campaign.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #611355
08/17/11 10:21 AM
08/17/11 10:21 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Bachmann is just part of a GOP plan to make Palin look intelligent.

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Don Marco] #611357
08/17/11 10:36 AM
08/17/11 10:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Marco

They could have used a chimp and gotten the same results.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #611362
08/17/11 12:04 PM
08/17/11 12:04 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Don Marco

They could have used a chimp and gotten the same results.

What do you have against chimps!

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Don Marco] #611380
08/17/11 02:04 PM
08/17/11 02:04 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Just for fun!

Move On is posting this video comparing it to the Republican response to...well... everything.

Gotta love Groucho! smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #613946
09/08/11 12:45 PM
09/08/11 12:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

Courts - POLITICS
Appeals Court Dismisses Virginia's Challenge to ObamaCare - Published September 08, 2011 FoxNews.com

A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected Virginia's challenge to President Obama's health care law, saying in a ruling the state doesn't have standing to bring a lawsuit

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/.../#ixzz1XNcza0tn

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #613947
09/08/11 12:50 PM
09/08/11 12:50 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
It's a ridiclous lawsuit.

Yes, the plan is flawed. But it is well intended, and better than anything the previous administration was able to put together (not that they tried, anyway).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614045
09/09/11 11:45 AM
09/09/11 11:45 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Good speech last night. Maybe he'll grow a spine after all.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #614065
09/09/11 03:02 PM
09/09/11 03:02 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Good speech last night. Maybe he'll grow a spine after all.

Yeah, I thought he came off great, with a reasonable plan. But the far righties are going to vote against it no matter what.

He must have said "both Republicans and Democrats have voted on similar bills before" ten times. It's like he's constantly reminding himself to bend over backwards for the Far Right. He shouldn't bother. They're never going to accept him anyway. Never. Ever. Ever.

So I say fuck them all and stop trying to appease people who will never be appeased (unless he can change the color of his skin, because that's what it's really all about for more than half of these clowns).

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614067
09/09/11 03:20 PM
09/09/11 03:20 PM
California

California
I agree PB.

Btw, did the R's look a tad uncomfortable during the speech?? Also, I'm very leery but Boehner almost seemed like he'd be willing to listen but then Cantor on the other hand says "he's (Obama) has gotta get off his all or nothing approach." Say what? uhwhat

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #614068
09/09/11 03:30 PM
09/09/11 03:30 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I watched the post speech coverage on FOX just for shits and giggles. It was better than SNL whistle.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614079
09/09/11 05:15 PM
09/09/11 05:15 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I watched the post speech coverage on FOX just for shits and giggles. It was better than SNL whistle.

Even more amusing was Megyn Kelly's interview of Palin this morning about the President's speech.

You know, we really need Apple in on this.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #614198
09/11/11 10:57 AM
09/11/11 10:57 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Can people (without some sort of drastic life changing event) change who they are past a certain point-say early twenties or so?

In NYT magazine a few weeks back there was a review of a book about PBO's Mom. The author describes their life in Indonesia in which PBO was verbally and physically harassed by Indonesian school kids and didn't respond. Someone asked his mother wasn't she gonna do something and she replied "Oh no. He'll be ok. He's used to it".

So if a refusal to get mad, take offense or start swinging back is deeply embedded in the man and he's mostly seen that approach work thru life, can he change at this point in his life? Would he even know how?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #614234
09/11/11 04:47 PM
09/11/11 04:47 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Lilo, I think one has to be more more discreet when discussing change. Changes of basic personailty or, as some would same, of heart are probably infrequent without a significant intervening event. However, behavior is a different story. You may have the most hostile thoughts on the planet, but if you act nicely, so what.

It's usually a good idea to play the percentages as long as one recognizes that nothing is 100%. If you are willing to adjust when things are less than 100%, then that can be considered change at any stage of life. Of course, as you indicate by your question, one has to recognize when what you are used to doing may not work this time. Some don't recognize that.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #614813
09/16/11 06:14 PM
09/16/11 06:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I encourage ya'll to read this article. It's about Pennsylvania's possible change to allocating its Electoral College votes by congressional district. That would copy Nebraska's and Maine's way of doing it. If PA does it, it could start a trend. If so, it will give Republicans an advantage in presidential elections

I know that many of you may not understand how the College works, but this would be an opportunity for you to read up on it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44540963

Last edited by olivant; 09/16/11 06:31 PM.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #614854
09/17/11 11:05 AM
09/17/11 11:05 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
VERY interesting, Oli.

That move could easily hand Pennsylvania to the Republicans.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614974
09/19/11 10:13 AM
09/19/11 10:13 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Lupica really nailed it today.

President Obama needs to get America out of economic mess before Republicans get him

Mike Lupica, NY Daily News

Sometimes you think that Barack Obama's job has been Candidate in Chief, as if he went straight from the last campaign to this one, never stopping in between to actually be President of the United States. It is one of the reasons why he is in the trouble he is in, and not only because of an economy that has gotten worse on his watch.

But there is another problem for Obama, even if you are one of the people who believes he was and is a much better candidate than he has been a President, the way Jimmy Carter was:

Obama is a reasonable man in an increasingly toxic and unreasonable political world, where the only plan from the other side, from the time he got into office, has been to get him out of office. Mitch McConnell said it early for the Republicans, and nothing has changed since.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President," McConnell said.

Not fix the economy, or health care, or Iraq. Fix this guy in the White House, but good.

It is why Obama better step it up now if he wants to keep his job. That doesn't mean he has to go at his opponents the way they go at him, in Congress, on cable America, in the radio world of the Limbaughs, and with anybody else with the crackpot idea that this President has some anti-American agenda.

But one of these days he needs to come hard at the people constantly coming at him, and not merely with a jobs plan that sounds more like the first draft of one. Really the President needs to say this about his opponents, and without TelePrompTing:

"They would rather beat me than help you."

He has no chance of saving himself with a jobs plan that sounds like some kind of slapped-together first draft. But what he needs to sell is something that will work, and that means the new tax he is expected to propose this morning - what is being called the Warren Buffett Rule - on people in this country making more than a million dollars a year.

Unless you think that spending cuts alone are going to get America out of the fix it is in. Unless you now think it is now against the law in America for the rich to pay their true fair share.

Obama is jumped for this tax plan before it is even formally announced, of course. As if the idea of added taxes for the rich make him even more of an enemy of the state than he already is. But that is the reality of Obama's situation. He is up against people who think their job is to make sure he loses his. No matter what the cost.

"A political move," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) says on CNN Sunday.

"Class warfare," Graham says.

Yeah, sure it is. When Ronald Reagan, now the patron saint of everything good and noble and right in America, raised taxes, people like Graham must have thought it was some sort of sacrament.

Bush and Cheney, who somehow still get treated as heroes, thought it was a sensational business practice to start wars without raising taxes, and would have brought back troops from Baghdad to protect the rich. It is absolutely one of the reasons we are where we are, and why Obama should have come forward with something like the Buffett Rule a long time ago, and not needed to use the old man from Omaha as cover. The idea that taxing the rich will further stagnate this economy has always been a lie, no matter who tells it, and no matter how often.

And by the way? None of this means Obama has been a great President, because he hasn't. Because the country has lost jobs on his watch, because there is more pessimism about the future in this country than at any other time in my lifetime, even with the young, even with all the first-time voters who bought into the soaring language and high ideas of Obama's campaign and helped elect him in the first place.

You want to go after this President on the way he handled health care, go ahead. Call him out on Israel this week when he gets to the United Nations, and his record on jobs, and the way he too often has seemed like speeches instead of solutions. Knock yourself out.

But the money he needs to get the country out of this has to come from somewhere. The President now tries to get it from people who can afford it. Before they get him.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...l#ixzz1YPL1ZLtj

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614983
09/19/11 12:03 PM
09/19/11 12:03 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

He needs to stop allowing other people to define him. Good lord.....imagine Rick Perry with Supreme COurt appointments?

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #614984
09/19/11 12:06 PM
09/19/11 12:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm trying my best to not imagine Rick Perry at all.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #614988
09/19/11 12:37 PM
09/19/11 12:37 PM
California

California
Not that this really means anything necessarily but Ron Paul just won the straw poll here in California. I didn't know we even had a straw poll. confused

I don't think he will win but at least here in CA, I have noticed he has very strong support among his base.

TIS

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #615055
09/19/11 09:42 PM
09/19/11 09:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Obama is looking stronger then I have seen him in a while. I hope Congress passes both the American Jobs Act and his budget plan.

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #615277
09/21/11 06:59 PM
09/21/11 06:59 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It is beyond ironic to read that Pat Boone is calling someone a fraud. lol What a country. Gotta love it. smile
Pat Boone insists Obama born in Kenya

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #615280
09/21/11 07:22 PM
09/21/11 07:22 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
It is beyond ironic to read that Pat Boone is calling someone a fraud. lol What a country. Gotta love it. smile

thanks for bringing this up, i have another name to add to my 2012 dead pool list

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #615337
09/22/11 01:56 PM
09/22/11 01:56 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ

That is too funny! You think he would have learned that this issue makes the accusers look like morons. He is just another nut case.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Lilo] #615346
09/22/11 03:58 PM
09/22/11 03:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York

Really? Pat BOONE? He's credible now? rolleyes

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #615360
09/22/11 06:05 PM
09/22/11 06:05 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: Patrick] #615361
09/22/11 06:07 PM
09/22/11 06:07 PM
California

California
Hey Patrick, how ya doing? wink

I just saw that ad this afternoon. Did you know that the TeaParty is asking to see Buffet's tax returns now. I understand however, that he already showed them on Charlie Rose show. These people are "show me the paper" hungry." lol

TIS

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20110237-503544.html

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/22/11 06:11 PM.

Re: Random Obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #615367
09/22/11 06:42 PM
09/22/11 06:42 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
Hey TIS, doing good. Just working a lot. Actually have a sinus infection right now, but besides that I am great. Looking forward to the elections this year. Time for America to stand up for change again or to go down the same path that got us into this mess.

Page 88 of 95 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull