GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (mustachepete, Brovelli), 270 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,595
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 95 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 94 95
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #552194
08/18/09 02:05 PM
08/18/09 02:05 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I hear you. Then, again, what's their bitch???? confused What other conclusion can we deduce from this "show" except it is just that......For Show!! confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #552198
08/18/09 02:31 PM
08/18/09 02:31 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Mignon
The Col packs his gun wherever he goes. Sometime he "open carries" and sometimes he wears it concealed. He has a permit. Matter of fact he has permits for 3 states.

I don't see nothing wrong with the Col or any other law abiding citizen wanting to excersise their right to carry a weapon. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself.

You know, when I get up in the morning I don't say to myself "Today I think I'll exercise my right to free speech" and then go out and just say something. When I speak it is always to serve some specific purpose and not because I have a right to do so. Am I to understand that the Col. simply gets up in the morning and says "I think I'll exercise my right to bear arms" with no specific need or purpose in mind? If he does, that's kind of senseless. And by the way, the term "law-abiding citizen" usually accompanies statements such as yours about bearing arms. Why is that? Since you and your spouse are anonymous to we Board members, we don't know that either one of you is law-abiding? So, why state it?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #552200
08/18/09 02:39 PM
08/18/09 02:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I'm with you there too PB. However, I am also for a background check on these people who want guns. Is that something the gun toters feel unreasonable? confused I guess I don't get their "bitch". Is there a law proposed changing this? I have heard Obama say many times, he is NOT gonna take their right to bear arms away. If it's the background check that pisses them off, I say "tough."

This is why this "macho" demonstration baffles me. What IS their gripe?

TIS

FWIW, my nephews and all my in-laws were big on hunting and I am NOT against it in that respect.

TIS, as the recent Heller Supreme Court case illustrated, the 2nd amendment only applies to actions by or on behalf of the Congress. The President has no constitutional authority to act on his own in this regard. In fact, it may be unconstitutional for the Congress to restrict firearms even on Capitol grounds or even in the White House. It all comes down to "original intent", what the ratifiers of the 2nd amendment meant by its words. But that is a gigantic argument for another thread.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #552213
08/18/09 03:25 PM
08/18/09 03:25 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: olivant
The Col packs his gun wherever he goes. Sometime he "open carries" and sometimes he wears it concealed. He has a permit. Matter of fact he has permits for 3 states.

I don't see nothing wrong with the Col or any other law abiding citizen wanting to excersise their right to carry a weapon. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself.

You know, when I get up in the morning I don't say to myself "Today I think I'll exercise my right to free speech" and then go out and just say something. When I speak it is always to serve some specific purpose and not because I have a right to do so. Am I to understand that the Col. simply gets up in the morning and says "I think I'll exercise my right to bear arms" with no specific need or purpose in mind? If he does, that's kind of senseless. And by the way, the term "law-abiding citizen" usually accompanies statements such as yours about bearing arms. Why is that? Since you and your spouse are anonymous to we Board members, we don't know that either one of you is law-abiding? So, why state it?

Yes we are law abiding citizens. The Col. don't get up in the morning and put his gun on his belt and go out looking for trouble. He wears his gun for self protection if the need arises to protect himself anf his family. I am glad that he packs cuz these days with city governments reduceing the police force they're aren't as many cops as they use to be.

And yes he has a AK47 and a AR15. He likes to collect guns. He uses them for target practice. So what the hell is wrong with that?

BTW some of the BB memebers have met me and the Col.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #552215
08/18/09 03:30 PM
08/18/09 03:30 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He CAN'T take it away, TIS. That's what these maniacs have to understand. I'm sure Olivant could give us the background on what it would take to overturn the Second Amendment. But I'm quite sure the President can't do it on a whim.

Gun and ammo prices have gone up big time since he took office though.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #552226
08/18/09 05:08 PM
08/18/09 05:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I have heard Obama say many times, he is NOT gonna take their right to bear arms away.

He CAN'T take it away, TIS. That's what these maniacs have to understand. I'm sure Olivant could give us the background on what it would take to overturn the Second Amendment. But I'm quite sure the President can't do it on a whim.

PB, it would take a Constitutional amendment. However, there are a number of qualifications upon the 2nd amendment. For example, Congress has empowered the Capitol Police and Secret Service to restrict the bearing of arms on the Capitol's grounds and on the White House grounds. The most widely known qualification though is the National Firearms Act which restricts automatic firearms ownership and the 1986 Act which bans private ownership of newly manufactured automatic weapons. So, despite what appears to be the unambiguous language of the 2nd amendment, Congress has infringed it. But you are right about the President. Without specific Congressional authorization through legislation, the President is pretty much powerless to restrict firearm possession unless he really stretches his authority as Commander in Chief.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #552245
08/18/09 07:05 PM
08/18/09 07:05 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Because an AK47 is for one purpose and one purpose only - overkill. All guns are instruments of death. That is their only purpose. However, an automatic weapon simply exists to deliver it over and over again in the most rapid way possible. It's overkill, pure and simple.

I've said this before, many times. The United States leads the world's richest countries in gun deaths. As a matter of fact, you would have to COMBINE the gun deaths in numerous other countries in order to equal the number of gun deaths in the United States.

In a study published in 1998, the USA had 14.24 gun deaths per 1,000. Canada, so similar to the US in demographics, had only 4.31. Is it because Americans are inherently more violent, or does it have to do with our gun laws and our attitude?

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552248
08/18/09 07:36 PM
08/18/09 07:36 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
SC, I don't how much more restrictive our federal and state gun laws and associated penalties could be. We are a hugeley urban Nation of over 300 million people. Among those we have a large number who are willing to use violence to get what they want. There are those among them who do not value human life in that pursuit. Canada's population is about 30 million and its culture and population densities are vastly different from our Nation's. Canada lacks the ethic, racial, and religious diversity of the US. After Toronto, Calgary, and Montreal, the population in its remaining cities drops off quite a bit. On the other hand, in the US Texas alone has three cities of over a million in population.

Canada's gun laws are not all that different from ours. While those laws require gun registration, they do not severely restrict possession.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552253
08/18/09 09:05 PM
08/18/09 09:05 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline OP
Underboss
svsg  Offline OP
Underboss
Existential Well
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Is it because Americans are inherently more violent, or does it have to do with our gun laws and our attitude?

Have you seen "Bowling for Columbine"? If so, do you agree with its analysis?

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: svsg] #552257
08/18/09 09:23 PM
08/18/09 09:23 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I haven't seen it all, only the scene when they are at WalMart. I don't like Michael Moore very much, so I missed it, as much as I believe in its purpose.

The CDC study is unbelievable. The 36 countries in the study were the richest in the World Bank's World Development Report, having the highest GNP per capita income.

The United States accounted for 45 percent of the 88,649 gun deaths reported in the study, the first comprehensive international scrutiny of gun-related deaths.

* U.S.A. 14.24
* Brazil 12.95
* Mexico 12.69
* Estonia 12.26
* Argentina 8.93
* Northern Ireland 6.63
* Finland 6.46
* Switzerland 5.31
* France 5.15
* Canada 4.31
* Norway 3.82
* Austria 3.70
* Portugal 3.20
* Israel 2.91
* Belgium 2.90
* Australia 2.65
* Slovenia 2.60
* Italy 2.44
* New Zealand 2.38
* Denmark 2.09
* Sweden 1.92
* Kuwait 1.84
* Greece 1.29
* Germany 1.24
* Hungary 1.11
* Ireland 0.97
* Spain 0.78
* Netherlands 0.70
* Scotland 0.54
* England and Wales 0.41
* Taiwan 0.37
* Singapore 0.21
* Mauritius 0.19
* Hong Kong 0.14
* South Korea 0.12
* Japan 0.05

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 08/18/09 09:25 PM.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552402
08/21/09 01:31 AM
08/21/09 01:31 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
This is the conversation in the Obama thread, that people don't like him and the 2nd ammendment should be repealed? How about his plummeting approval ratings? Or the lack of any substantial improvements from his $787 B stimulus which was supposed to be making an affect by now? Or how he can't get a majority democratic congress to go along with his initiatives?

Where is this "change"? His flip-floping on healthcare is laughable. His next book should be titled "The Audacity of Hype"

We would be in a much better situation with John McCain as president.

Romney - Jindal '12

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Freddie C.] #552403
08/21/09 01:33 AM
08/21/09 01:33 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Freddie C.
We would be in a much better situation with John McCain as president.

Thanks for the laugh. Really. I needed one today.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: SC] #552404
08/21/09 01:36 AM
08/21/09 01:36 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
So freezing spending instead of wasting $787 Billion is worse? Bowing down and high fiving our enemies is ok? How would McCain be worse?

Or are mods allowed to make sarcastic comments without any back up?

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Freddie C.] #552416
08/21/09 09:50 AM
08/21/09 09:50 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss
What is it specifically about Keynesian Economics that Democrats find favorable over the Republicans theory of less government intervention and lower taxes?

It's hard to say, b/c the line between the two ideologies has become very hazy over the years.

Nixon once said that, "We are all Keynesians now." Which seems to be the prevailing attitutude today. But even then there's much dissention among the proponents. Alan Greenspan, while critical toward many of Keynes' theories is undoubtably a supporter. Many argue that Bush Jr. and Reagan were Keynesians. And most business colleges, while traditionally proponets of less fiscal and monetary policy, are more or less today centered on Keynesian principles.

I know that U. Texas' School of Business curriculum and theory is mostly Keynesian, while the more conservative Texas A&M business program has traditionally been the opposite.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Ice] #552422
08/21/09 10:31 AM
08/21/09 10:31 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
YES! And Sarah "Death Panel" Palin as VP, because we really need more lies and misdirection after the last eight years. What a joke.

President Obama inherited a disaster of untold proportions. A ruined economy, a war based on lies that we know we can't win, and millions of Americans without healthcare, jobs or homes. So, in less than eight months, he's expected to turn around the shambles left behind by the previous administration.

I don't know if I agree with his healthcare plan in total, BUT I know that something has to be done. The working class in this country are unable to pay for insurance, as well as unable to pay for medical care. It's a disgrace, and at least he has the balls to stand up for something.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552425
08/21/09 11:01 AM
08/21/09 11:01 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
POLL: AMERICANS LOSING CONFIDENCE IN OBAMA

WASHINGTON -- A new poll says that Americans, concerned over the future of health care reform and anxious about the growing federal budget deficit, are losing faith in President Barack Obama.

The Washington Post-ABC News survey found that less that half of Americans -- 49 percent -- say they believe the president will make the right decisions for the country. That's down from 60 percent at the 100-day mark of the Obama presidency.

The poll published Friday says Obama's overall approval is 57 percent, 12 points lower than it was at its peak in April. Fifty-three percent disapprove of the way he's handling the budget deficit and his approval on health care continues to deteriorate.

The national survey was conducted Aug. 13-17 and has a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552429
08/21/09 11:17 AM
08/21/09 11:17 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
So, in less than eight months, he's expected to turn around the shambles left behind by the previous administration.

How anyone can expect a President to be responsible for or take blame for something that started way before his taking office is just unbelievable! President Obama has only been in office for 8 months and already there are people blaming him for things that were planned and put into motion before his being elected. The same kind of blaming and finger pointing was done to former President George W. Bush when he was only in office for the same short 8 months.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #552430
08/21/09 11:20 AM
08/21/09 11:20 AM
California

California
Poor guy has so much on his plate. frown One thing I do disagree with, at this point, is him trying to appease the Republicans. He's a nice guy, but now is the time to say "fuck you" and pass this thing without them. They have more than proven they are only after their own political gains, and NOT the welfare of the country. The Republicans approval rating is what, 37 per cent? Obviously, even less confidence in them.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 08/21/09 11:21 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Don Cardi] #552432
08/21/09 11:31 AM
08/21/09 11:31 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
The same kind of blaming and finger pointing was done to former President George W. Bush when he was only in office for the same short 8 months.

I agree 100%. Bush was in office for the EXACT same amount of time as Obama is right now when a bunch of Arab terrorists changed all of our lives forever. Now I was as hard on Bush as anyone here, and I admit that. But what's right is right. 8 months after he was sworn in, and he already had to contend with the worst mass murder in the history of our country.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #552433
08/21/09 11:38 AM
08/21/09 11:38 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
They have more than proven they are only after their own political gains, and NOT the welfare of the country. TIS

And you think that the Dems actually care about the country and not their own political gains? That's a joke. I don't think any one on either side gives a rats ass about the welfare of our country. JMO

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #552434
08/21/09 11:53 AM
08/21/09 11:53 AM
California

California
Of course both parties have their politcally motivations, without a doubt, BUT I think, as a whole, at this time in history, if political motivation "tactics" were a "prize", yes, the Republicans take the cake.

I think this particular President irks the hell out of the Republicans for some reason. Probably much like Bush irked the hell out of a lot on the left. Only, the Right is so much better at "spin" than the Left is. It always seems to work for them. The left just seems to sit back and take it. rolleyes

TIS

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #552439
08/21/09 12:51 PM
08/21/09 12:51 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Only, the Right is so much better at "spin" than the Left is. It always seems to work for them. The left just seems to sit back and take it. rolleyes
TIS

You got that right TIS. Just yesterday Tom Ridge fessed up to what I always suspected that the Bush crowd played fast and loose with "terror slerts," the most egregious being the one that probably cost Kerry the election.

Look how they have transformed complex healthcare proposals into one word "Obamacare."
Brilliant spin and as usual the Dems are flatfooted and divided.

When Bush made public appearances protestors were kept away and put in "Free Speech Zones."

Now, opponents of healsth care show up packing heat and carrying pictures of Obama with a Hitler style moustache, and slogans about cleansing ourselves with the blood of tyrants.

The fact of the matter is many critics of Obama are racist reactionaries who are simply afraid of the future, and afraid of the fact that the demographics of this country are rapidly changing to the degree that in about 40 years whites will be a minority.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #552449
08/21/09 02:25 PM
08/21/09 02:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Of course both parties have their politcally motivations, without a doubt, BUT I think, as a whole, at this time in history, if political motivation "tactics" were a "prize", yes, the Republicans take the cake.

I think this particular President irks the hell out of the Republicans for some reason. Probably much like Bush irked the hell out of a lot on the left. Only, the Right is so much better at "spin" than the Left is. It always seems to work for them. The left just seems to sit back and take it. rolleyes

TIS

Two astute observations you made. The first is a shocker to some people: politicians engage in political strategy pursuant to their political motivations. Second: Republicans still can't figure out how they lost control of both the White House and Congress in just four short years and they have turned on the President accordingly.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: dontomasso] #552451
08/21/09 02:57 PM
08/21/09 02:57 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The fact of the matter is many critics of Obama are racist reactionaries who are simply afraid of the future, and afraid of the fact that the demographics of this country are rapidly changing to the degree that in about 40 years whites will be a minority.

rolleyes rolleyes I can't believe you said that.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #552458
08/21/09 03:24 PM
08/21/09 03:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

rolleyes rolleyes I can't believe you said that.

It's true, Miggie. Within 40 years, whites will be the minority in this country. They'll still be the biggest singular group and probably always will be, but if you add all of the other ethnic groups together (African, Latino, Asian, etc.), whites will add up to less than 50 percent of the population by the year 2050.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: pizzaboy] #552462
08/21/09 04:43 PM
08/21/09 04:43 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That's not what I was talking about. I can't believe he calls Obama critic's racists.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #552467
08/21/09 05:02 PM
08/21/09 05:02 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
That's not what I was talking about. I can't believe he calls Obama critic's racists.

there are some that are raciests...others are idiots per say.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Mignon] #552468
08/21/09 05:40 PM
08/21/09 05:40 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas

He refered to someObama critics as racists. It's statistically likely that there are Obama critics who are racists.

Last edited by olivant; 08/21/09 05:40 PM.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: olivant] #552472
08/21/09 07:39 PM
08/21/09 07:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
There are people out there who will hate this President because he is half black, plain and simple. Just as there are those who would never have voted for Secretary of State Clinton because she's a woman. There are racists out there; there are bigots out there. It's human nature, plain and simple. And if you have any experience in life, you are either extremely naive or blind if you think it's not true.

Re: Random obama Whoring [Re: Sicilian Babe] #552474
08/21/09 08:06 PM
08/21/09 08:06 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I'm just saying NOT everyone is a racist just cuz they didn't vote for the man or don't agree with him.

Page 39 of 95 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 94 95

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull