GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" #515261
10/13/08 05:48 PM
10/13/08 05:48 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Anybody see 60 minutes last night(10/12)? Had a great story about an FBI undercover agent who infiltrated The Gambinos for 2.5 years. Get this...he weighs 390 lbs and is Cuban-American. He was proposed to be made before the feds pulled the plug; ala Donnie Brasco. He learned how to be a wiseguy by watching the movies, FBI training and the food network! You MUST go to the 60 minutes site and check out the video clips! Enjoy!

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515274
10/13/08 06:51 PM
10/13/08 06:51 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
I saw it. Pretty interesting.
I laughed when he mentioned "The Sopranos" and is then seen driving a black Caddy Escalade.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Sopranorleone] #515326
10/13/08 11:25 PM
10/13/08 11:25 PM
cleveland,ohio
E
eddietheplumber Offline
Capo
eddietheplumber  Offline
E
Capo
cleveland,ohio
He duped a moron,DePalma is not the smartest
gambino in the shed,he has longevity which
allows him to hold the rank of captain.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: eddietheplumber] #515360
10/14/08 04:50 AM
10/14/08 04:50 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I did see that. I'll have to read the book. From the 60 minutes show it seems as if the agent basically did the same thing Pistone did. He posed as a jewel thief and gave his sponsors lots of cash and stolen goods which allowed him to pose as an earner. This impressed his boss and got him proposed for membership.

I thought that after the Pistone incident the rules were changed so that one person alone could not vouch for a member and that there had to be better evidence of a prospective member's criminal history.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Lilo] #515367
10/14/08 07:48 AM
10/14/08 07:48 AM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Good point, Lilo. You would think that after Pistone, wise guys would be more diligent checking out an associates' roots (family, friends, neighborhood) - especially one proposed to get his button. But isn't it the sign of the times?..Arrogance & Greed. "Jack Falcone" showered the right people with the right stuff and told them how great they look, etc...Lo & behold "Happy Jack" is a Goodfella. There's not much difference between the guys on Mulberry Street, Wall St., and Pennsylvania Avenue. But even the wisest wiseguy would never suspect a 390 lb. Fed! Would they?!?

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Lilo] #515386
10/14/08 09:59 AM
10/14/08 09:59 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I did see that. I'll have to read the book. From the 60 minutes show it seems as if the agent basically did the same thing Pistone did. He posed as a jewel thief and gave his sponsors lots of cash and stolen goods which allowed him to pose as an earner. This impressed his boss and got him proposed for membership.

I thought that after the Pistone incident the rules were changed so that one person alone could not vouch for a member and that there had to be better evidence of a prospective member's criminal history.

I picked up the book yesterday and skimmed it a bit last night. It looks promising. Much of it takes place in my neck of the woods (The Bronx, Westchester County), so it's that much more interesting for me.

The big difference between this guy and Pistone, is that Falcone got close to the elderly Bronx capo MUCH quicker. He was "under," made contact, and got proposed for his button in like two years!! Granted, he was a veteran undercover agent, but he was only "Jack Falcone" for a short time prior to moving up the hierarchy.

One thing about these cop bios, is that their egos are as big, if not bigger, than the criminals they go after. From Pistone (the original egomaniac), to Rick Cowan (TAKEDOWN), to this latest guy (JACK FALCONE), they really lead themselves to believe that they did it all by themselves. rolleyes

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515395
10/14/08 11:09 AM
10/14/08 11:09 AM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I can already envision the book becoming a movie with The Sopranos Bobby "Bacala" in the lead role...anybody else?

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515408
10/14/08 11:51 AM
10/14/08 11:51 AM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
Originally Posted By: Mark
I can already envision the book becoming a movie with The Sopranos Bobby "Bacala" in the lead role...anybody else?

I actually thought of the same actor! But, they'll have to give Steven Schirripa a fat pad again.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Sopranorleone] #515431
10/14/08 12:46 PM
10/14/08 12:46 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I keep hoping they'll release Falcone (2000) onto DVD... ohwell

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: J Geoff] #515441
10/14/08 01:33 PM
10/14/08 01:33 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I seem to remember Jason Gedrick (The Last Don's "Cross") having a big role in that?..Or am I thinking of something else that Joe Pistone had his hand in? As I recall, it was pretty good. They gave us Soprano nuts something to fill the void in between a season or two?

Last edited by Mark; 10/14/08 01:35 PM.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515444
10/14/08 01:40 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Yeah, Gedrick played the title character. Not sure why he isn't listed first.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515445
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That was the one, Mark. But I'm not a big fan of Gedrick's. He's too over the top. He seems forever stuck in "B" movies, and made for television dreck.

Just my opinion, though. Some people like him. smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515449
10/14/08 01:56 PM
10/14/08 01:56 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
He was okay in "Wisegal" with Alyssa Milano on Lifetime, but I didn't watch that to see him...ha! He's almost turned into the same stale stereo typed "mob guy" actor playing the same part in a different film as a new character. I think he did okay in The last Don series all in all. That was a pretty good film series-IMO.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515453
10/14/08 02:14 PM
10/14/08 02:14 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Good point, Lilo. You would think that after Pistone, wise guys would be more diligent checking out an associates' roots (family, friends, neighborhood) - especially one proposed to get his button. But isn't it the sign of the times?..Arrogance & Greed. "Jack Falcone" showered the right people with the right stuff and told them how great they look, etc...Lo & behold "Happy Jack" is a Goodfella. There's not much difference between the guys on Mulberry Street, Wall St., and Pennsylvania Avenue. But even the wisest wiseguy would never suspect a 390 lb. Fed! Would they?!?

Not only that, Donnie Brasco posed as a jewel thief--and so did Falcone. You wonder if he didn't tell DePalma, "Credentials? Just check me out with Donnie Brasco." lol What a dunce! No wonder the Mafia's on the skids.
On the other hand, weighing 390 lbs is pretty damn good cover--far more Mafia than FBI. wink

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515454
10/14/08 02:17 PM
10/14/08 02:17 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
One thing about these cop bios, is that their egos are as big, if not bigger, than the criminals they go after. From Pistone (the original egomaniac), to Rick Cowan (TAKEDOWN), to this latest guy (JACK FALCONE), they really lead themselves to believe that they did it all by themselves. rolleyes

You said it, PB! Although I loved the book "Donnie Brasco," and liked the movie a lot, Pistone's ego made me take everything with a barrel of salt. At lest Falcone was very personable--something I can't say for Pistone.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Turnbull] #515456
10/14/08 02:25 PM
10/14/08 02:25 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I love the part in the Falcone story when he shows the 60 Minutes guy what a real wiseguy uses as a "money clip"...that thick rubber band that you find holding a head of broccoli together at the supermarket produce section! Ha! I got one yesterday and cashed in a twenty for all singles...now I got my very own "wiseguy" money clip!

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515461
10/14/08 02:44 PM
10/14/08 02:44 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Cheap way to join the Mob. wink

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Turnbull] #515462
10/14/08 02:46 PM
10/14/08 02:46 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

You said it, PB! Although I loved the book "Donnie Brasco," and liked the movie a lot, Pistone's ego made me take everything with a barrel of salt. At lest Falcone was very personable--something I can't say for Pistone.

One more thing, TB. At least "Falcone" isn't pretending that his life is in danger to make himself into a bigger hero and sell more books, as Pistone often has. Falcone says, "I'm the good guy, why should I be afraid, why should I hide?" Which, to me, is a pretty honest take on the situation. I never believed, not for one minute, that any boss would have sanctioned a hit on a Federal Agent. Maybe Lefty Ruggiero ran his mouth off about getting even with Brasco/Pistone, but I doubt it ever got any further than that. By claiming that any connected guy could collect on an alleged "open contract" on himself, Pistone really proved himself to be a bit of a narcissistic jerk. A hero, no doubt, but still a jerk.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515473
10/14/08 03:17 PM
10/14/08 03:17 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I never believed, not for one minute, that any boss would have sanctioned a hit on a Federal Agent. Maybe Lefty Ruggiero ran his mouth off about getting even with Brasco/Pistone, but I doubt it ever got any further than that.

Nor I. The "half-million-dollar price on my head" struck me as an invention of his ego, to help sell his books. The notion that Mafia families would contribute a half-mil--or even a thin dime--to help solve a problem the Bonannos brought on themselves through their own incompetence, is just plain absurd.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515494
10/14/08 05:49 PM
10/14/08 05:49 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

I picked up the book yesterday and skimmed it a bit last night. It looks promising. Much of it takes place in my neck of the woods (The Bronx, Westchester County), so it's that much more interesting for me.

The big difference between this guy and Pistone, is that Falcone got close to the elderly Bronx capo MUCH quicker. He was "under," made contact, and got proposed for his button in like two years!! Granted, he was a veteran undercover agent, but he was only "Jack Falcone" for a short time prior to moving up the hierarchy.

Have the Gambinos always had a presence in The Bronx and Westchester or was that more Genovese territory?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Turnbull] #515495
10/14/08 05:54 PM
10/14/08 05:54 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Not only that, Donnie Brasco posed as a jewel thief--and so did Falcone. You wonder if he didn't tell DePalma, "Credentials? Just check me out with Donnie Brasco." lol What a dunce! No wonder the Mafia's on the skids.
On the other hand, weighing 390 lbs is pretty damn good cover--far more Mafia than FBI. wink

Yeah the capo didn't appear to be too bright. If he had so far managed to avoid jail/prison at his age you would think that he would be starting to avoid risky activities. So why in the world would he be dealing directly with an associate anyway. That's what lower level soldiers and associates are for-to insulate the important people...

Winter is Coming

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Lilo] #515501
10/14/08 06:32 PM
10/14/08 06:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Have the Gambinos always had a presence in The Bronx and Westchester or was that more Genovese territory?

The Genovese people have always been more abundant in the area, especially before private sanitation was deregulated, but the Gambinos were here, too. Gotti's consigliere and co-defendant, Frankie LoCasio, was a Bronx guy. He should've stayed here, he'd probably still be on the street. whistle

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Lilo] #515538
10/15/08 01:32 AM
10/15/08 01:32 AM
J
JSTony Offline
Button
JSTony  Offline
J
Button

All of the Families have a pretty significant presence in the Bronx except for the Colombos. The biggest there have always been the Genovese and Luccheses.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515598
10/15/08 11:45 AM
10/15/08 11:45 AM
Cesena Italy
L
ledblimp Offline
Made Member
ledblimp  Offline
L
Made Member
Cesena Italy
Saw the 60 Mins show, interesting!

Does anyone know if there was any fallout over this? With the Brasco deal Sonny Black and Tony Mirra were whacked out and Lefty was supposedly on the list so wondering if there was any of the same with the Falcone situation.

Ron

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: ledblimp] #515605
10/15/08 12:32 PM
10/15/08 12:32 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ledblimp

Does anyone know if there was any fallout over this?

Nothing yet. Greg Depalma will almost assuredly die in prison. He's 76 years old, with one lung and a bad heart; and not eligible for parole until 2016. I'm not sure they'd consider retaliating against him worth the aggravation.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: pizzaboy] #515620
10/15/08 01:51 PM
10/15/08 01:51 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
That was very interesting. I think when I finish the Brasco book I'm reading, I'll have to pick Jack Falcone up.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mignon] #515634
10/15/08 02:54 PM
10/15/08 02:54 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I'm not so sure I believe the feds tiresome line; "No undercover agent has been made..." Maybe I'm too cynical but it seems that it wouldn't make a lot of sense to admit if an agent ever got his button. For all we know, there could be or has been multiple active undercover ops in progress with some of the biggest names out there? Just think of the possible set ups the Feds can use with intell gathered from an informant! This guy set up that guy, this crew did this to that one, etc... Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about a "Smokin' Aces" storyline! But you gotta wonder?...

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515675
10/15/08 05:22 PM
10/15/08 05:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Good point, Mark. Logically, if the FBI (or other law enforcement) thinks it valuable to get agents close to the Mafia, how much more valuable would the agents be inside the Mafia? And, sure, we'd never know about it for obvious reasons.
On the other hand, if an agent or undercover cop were made, he'd surely have to commit a murder or some other major felony to get made, or soon thereafter. That'd put law enforcement in an untenable position, and would make the made agents useless as witnesses.

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Turnbull] #515681
10/15/08 05:48 PM
10/15/08 05:48 PM
M
Mark Offline OP
Underboss
Mark  Offline OP
M
Underboss
I couldn't agree more, TB. The integrity of the undercover agent is forever compromised as an official witness if he does the "deed" to earn his button. However, for as much as he is worthless as a witness, he is twice as valuable as an informant. Remember the old saying..."knowledge is power."

Re: 60 Minutes - "Jack Falcone" [Re: Mark] #515743
10/15/08 10:24 PM
10/15/08 10:24 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Does anybody know how many agents went undercover like Pistone and this agent did?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull