GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 388 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,452
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,858
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,510
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,313
Posts1,058,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Obama was wrong? #512443
09/29/08 06:56 PM
09/29/08 06:56 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Now before anyone jumps on me here I would just like to point something out that has been on my mind. Believe me I do not want to start a fight or offend anyone here but would just like to start a civil debate on a very important topic. Hear me out please.

After Sept 11th 2001 our CIA and almost every other major intelligence agency in the world including Russia, Great Britian and even China all said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and possible ties to Osama BinLaden right. So for OBAMA to say that if he were a United States Senator he would have voted AGAINST useing force to get rid of Saddam is alarming to me. So in the future if he is elected President and he gets intell that says there is a high risk of an unstable dictator somewhere in the world who hates the USA and that dictator has ties to terrorist organizations and EVERY intelligence agency in the world tells him that the United States is at risk, that he will just sit there and do nothing? My friends that to me sounds like someone I would not trust with keeping my family safe. Now I know that the intell was wrong but at the time everyone was saying it wasn't. How could he say he would have voted NO after we were hit on 911. Didn't he think the threat was real. Again let's look at the facts here. Every intelligence agency in the world said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and wanted to give those weapons to people who would have made 911 look small! If he becomes President and the CIA tells him that a country or terrorist organization has the possible means to obtain weapons of mass destruction from a dictaor that he will just sit by and not do anything about it? How could you say you would have voted NO. I don't ge it. Even Biden voted for it.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512454
09/29/08 07:23 PM
09/29/08 07:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Now before anyone jumps on me here I would just like to point something out that has been on my mind. Believe me I do not want to start a fight or offend anyone here but would just like to start a civil debate on a very important topic. Hear me out please.

If so, be like Freddie C. I knew Freddie C., he was a friend of mine...And you sir are no Freddie C.

After Sept 11th 2001 our CIA and almost every other major intelligence agency in the world including Russia, Great Britian and even China all said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and possible ties to Osama BinLaden right.

Go read up on "Curveball" sometime. Thank him for that intel. Also, why would Saddam help Bin Laden? Al Qaeda wanted to overthrow Hussein's regime, so yeah Saddam may hate America, Bin Laden may hate America, but its like Iraq/Iran (go read that up too), they HATE each other more than their shared adversary.

So again, why would Saddam, if he had nukes/WMDs, had given Al Qaeda WMDs that could be deployed on his own government?

So for OBAMA to say that if he were a United States Senator he would have voted AGAINST useing force to get rid of Saddam is alarming to me.

Why would it? He argued that because Iraq hadn't attacked anyone in Israel, Turkey, Arab allies, or much less America...go read up on Pat Buchanan. You know, that Conservative who run for President in Republican primaries a few times. Anyway, he himself was against the Iraq War as well, because as he put it against NeoCon thinking that Saddam was an imminent threat: "Why would he stupid enough to step on Superman's cape?"

So in the future if he is elected President and he gets intell that says there is a high risk of an unstable dictator somewhere in the world who hates the USA and that dictator has ties to terrorist organizations and EVERY intelligence agency in the world tells him that the United States is at risk, that he will just sit there and do nothing?

Ever heard of a run-on sentence?

Anyway, there is no such thing as an "unstable dictator." Only such people that rule absolutely must have consolidated their power totally, and thus stable.

But in point to your question, I posted a report days back of how Israel asked President Bush back in the Spring for the greenlight to bomb the known/possible sites of nuclear development in Iran, and Bush's Answer?

NO

So what does that tell you if YOUR President from YOUR party, who already pre-empted strike over intelligence, gave the thumbs down to Israel?

My friends that to me sounds like someone I would not trust with keeping my family safe.

Pfft, please. If we survived the goddamn Cold War, and if you study all 46 years of it, every President will go hawkish if the situation goes for it. Yes, even liberals Kennedy and Johnson. For example, overthrowing the regimes in Iraq and South Vietnam.

Oh and that thing called the Cuban Missile Crisis, where JFK was willing to take the world into World War 3 if the Soviets didn't withdraw.

Now I know that the intell was wrong but at the time everyone was saying it wasn't.

WRONG. There were people who questioned that intelligence, like a few of those UN Weapons Inspectors, and in fact Colin Powell (our Secretary of State at the time) reportedly said to an aide after his United Nations presentation: "Wouldn't it be something if we scour all over that place and find not one single WMD?"

In fact, in interrogation, Saddam reportedly told his American captors that his regime elaborated or helped exaggerate, the WMD capabilities of his regime so that the West would be "impressed/scared" by such a strength.

But there was people who spoke out at the time, who were either ignored, or told to fuck off because they weren't being "patriotic."

How could he say he would have voted NO after we were hit on 911.

Let's see....those 9/11 hijackers were all Al Qaeda, which was based from Afghanistan, and most were Saudi Arabian nationals.

Yeah, I see the connection to Iraq.

Didn't he think the threat was real. Again let's look at the facts here. Every intelligence agency in the world said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and wanted to give those weapons to people who would have made 911 look small!

Are you quoting facts or TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE?

If he becomes President and the CIA tells him that a country or terrorist organization has the possible means to obtain weapons of mass destruction from a dictaor that he will just sit by and not do anything about it? How could you say you would have voted NO. I don't ge it. Even Biden voted for it.

Then hardball diplomacy will come into play, and if we must, force will be implemented.

You shouldn't take politics outside and inside offices of power so literally. Clinton bitched at Bush Sr. for doing nothing after the Chinese stomped those protestors at Tietnamen Square...and what did Clinton do in office? Enhanced our financial relationship with that same government.

But more than anything else....you really think McCain would make you feel anymore safe than Obama?

Why would he? Do tell me.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 09/29/08 07:26 PM.
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #512479
09/29/08 08:46 PM
09/29/08 08:46 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
I suggest this is moved to the Campaign thread before we have 100 other political threads started.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Just Lou] #512480
09/29/08 08:47 PM
09/29/08 08:47 PM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Ice] #512490
09/29/08 09:12 PM
09/29/08 09:12 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
"Again let's look at the facts here."

What are the facts? No WMD were found - FACT. All that "intelligence" stuff is politized bullshit. Obama or McCain, Flip a coin. They are both playing the politics game.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #512492
09/29/08 09:17 PM
09/29/08 09:17 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

If so, be like Freddie C. I knew Freddie C., he was a friend of mine...And you sir are no Freddie C.

After Sept 11th 2001 our CIA and almost every other major intelligence agency in the world including Russia, Great Britian and even China all said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and possible ties to Osama BinLaden right.

Go read up on "Curveball" sometime. Thank him for that intel. Also, why would Saddam help Bin Laden? Al Qaeda wanted to overthrow Hussein's regime, so yeah Saddam may hate America, Bin Laden may hate America, but its like Iraq/Iran (go read that up too), they HATE each other more than their shared adversary.

So again, why would Saddam, if he had nukes/WMDs, had given Al Qaeda WMDs that could be deployed on his own government?

So for OBAMA to say that if he were a United States Senator he would have voted AGAINST useing force to get rid of Saddam is alarming to me.

Why would it? He argued that because Iraq hadn't attacked anyone in Israel, Turkey, Arab allies, or much less America...go read up on Pat Buchanan. You know, that Conservative who run for President in Republican primaries a few times. Anyway, he himself was against the Iraq War as well, because as he put it against NeoCon thinking that Saddam was an imminent threat: "Why would he stupid enough to step on Superman's cape?"

So in the future if he is elected President and he gets intell that says there is a high risk of an unstable dictator somewhere in the world who hates the USA and that dictator has ties to terrorist organizations and EVERY intelligence agency in the world tells him that the United States is at risk, that he will just sit there and do nothing?

Ever heard of a run-on sentence?

Anyway, there is no such thing as an "unstable dictator." Only such people that rule absolutely must have consolidated their power totally, and thus stable.

But in point to your question, I posted a report days back of how Israel asked President Bush back in the Spring for the greenlight to bomb the known/possible sites of nuclear development in Iran, and Bush's Answer?

NO

So what does that tell you if YOUR President from YOUR party, who already pre-empted strike over intelligence, gave the thumbs down to Israel?

My friends that to me sounds like someone I would not trust with keeping my family safe.

Pfft, please. If we survived the goddamn Cold War, and if you study all 46 years of it, every President will go hawkish if the situation goes for it. Yes, even liberals Kennedy and Johnson. For example, overthrowing the regimes in Iraq and South Vietnam.

Oh and that thing called the Cuban Missile Crisis, where JFK was willing to take the world into World War 3 if the Soviets didn't withdraw.

Now I know that the intell was wrong but at the time everyone was saying it wasn't.

WRONG. There were people who questioned that intelligence, like a few of those UN Weapons Inspectors, and in fact Colin Powell (our Secretary of State at the time) reportedly said to an aide after his United Nations presentation: "Wouldn't it be something if we scour all over that place and find not one single WMD?"

In fact, in interrogation, Saddam reportedly told his American captors that his regime elaborated or helped exaggerate, the WMD capabilities of his regime so that the West would be "impressed/scared" by such a strength.

But there was people who spoke out at the time, who were either ignored, or told to fuck off because they weren't being "patriotic."

How could he say he would have voted NO after we were hit on 911.

Let's see....those 9/11 hijackers were all Al Qaeda, which was based from Afghanistan, and most were Saudi Arabian nationals.

Yeah, I see the connection to Iraq.

Didn't he think the threat was real. Again let's look at the facts here. Every intelligence agency in the world said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and wanted to give those weapons to people who would have made 911 look small!

Are you quoting facts or TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE?

If he becomes President and the CIA tells him that a country or terrorist organization has the possible means to obtain weapons of mass destruction from a dictaor that he will just sit by and not do anything about it? How could you say you would have voted NO. I don't ge it. Even Biden voted for it.

Then hardball diplomacy will come into play, and if we must, force will be implemented.

You shouldn't take politics outside and inside offices of power so literally. Clinton bitched at Bush Sr. for doing nothing after the Chinese stomped those protestors at Tietnamen Square...and what did Clinton do in office? Enhanced our financial relationship with that same government.

But more than anything else....you really think McCain would make you feel anymore safe than Obama?

Why would he? Do tell me.

Dude. Haha, yes!

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512515
09/29/08 10:57 PM
09/29/08 10:57 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss

After Sept 11th 2001 our CIA and almost every other major intelligence agency in the world including Russia, Great Britian and even China all said that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and possible ties to Osama BinLaden right. So for OBAMA to say that if he were a United States Senator he would have voted AGAINST useing force to get rid of Saddam is alarming to me. So in the future if he is elected President and he gets intell that says there is a high risk of an unstable dictator somewhere in the world who hates the USA and that dictator has ties to terrorist organizations and EVERY intelligence agency in the world tells him that the United States is at risk, that he will just sit there and do nothing? My friends that to me sounds like someone I would not trust with keeping my family safe. Now I know that the intell was wrong but at the time everyone was saying it wasn't. How could he say he would have voted NO after we were hit on 911. Didn't he think the threat was real. Again let's look at the facts here. Every intelligence agency in the world said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and wanted to give those weapons to people who would have made 911 look small! If he becomes President and the CIA tells him that a country or terrorist organization has the possible means to obtain weapons of mass destruction from a dictaor that he will just sit by and not do anything about it? How could you say you would have voted NO. I don't ge it. Even Biden voted for it.

This, too, is crap.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512523
09/29/08 11:22 PM
09/29/08 11:22 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
This, too, is crap.

During a "discourse", it's customary to back up your reasons why you feel something may be "crap" or not. Otherwise, the comment is pointless... tongue

(And no, I haven't even read it. I'm just saying... wink )

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: J Geoff] #512525
09/29/08 11:35 PM
09/29/08 11:35 PM
Underboss
Underboss
A topic like this deserves a reply only as intelligent as the original post.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512551
09/30/08 10:12 AM
09/30/08 10:12 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Nah, that's a self-defeatist approach. Using facts and a hammer does the job much better.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #512609
09/30/08 04:37 PM
09/30/08 04:37 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Nah, that's a self-defeatist approach. Using facts and a hammer does the job much better.

You clearly are unfamiliar with the way this board works.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512612
09/30/08 04:43 PM
09/30/08 04:43 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Smitty,

committing a nation to war is probably the most serious decision a President can make. Wrong is wrong. The WMDs were not there. Now, we are stuck in Iraq and if McCain is elected President he will keep us there. It is only the presence of US troops that is keeping a lid on Iraqi violence.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512615
09/30/08 05:07 PM
09/30/08 05:07 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

You clearly are unfamiliar with the way this board works.

So lowering yourself to another's level makes more points?? rolleyes

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512617
09/30/08 05:20 PM
09/30/08 05:20 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
So lowering yourself to another's level makes more points?? rolleyes

Well, it certainly lowers the mods down to my level.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 09/30/08 05:21 PM.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512619
09/30/08 05:26 PM
09/30/08 05:26 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
confused

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512620
09/30/08 05:29 PM
09/30/08 05:29 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Yes, I know I am too smart for you.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512621
09/30/08 05:30 PM
09/30/08 05:30 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
You think so?

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512647
09/30/08 08:06 PM
09/30/08 08:06 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline OP
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline OP
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Iam being honest when I say I just wanted a civil debate. Sorry I even posted here. SC ,JEFF and a few others here, you guys are awesome I will always remember the good times I have had here on the boards .........Don Smitty [idiot] ......... signing off.

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512655
09/30/08 08:38 PM
09/30/08 08:38 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Yes, I know I am too smart for you.

Uh oh.

*Cue the Serta Sheep*

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512682
09/30/08 10:08 PM
09/30/08 10:08 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Iam being honest when I say I just wanted a civil debate. Sorry I even posted here. SC ,JEFF and a few others here, you guys are awesome I will always remember the good times I have had here on the boards .........Don Smitty [idiot] ......... signing off.

Don Smitty, for the most part, most of the people here are willing to have a civil debate. Don't let the minority few here that have absolutely nothing intelligent or worthwhile to reply make you to believe that the majority here also do not.

Over the years spent here on these boards I've found that a large majority of the members here do enjoy discussing and debating the issues that are brought up here. And most will do so by respectufully giving their opinions as to why they may or may not disagree with you. Unfortunately there are those few here who just cannot seem to ever get involved in a discussion or a debate without making a personal attack of some sort or without resorting to totally nonsensical replies. ohwell

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Cardi] #512691
09/30/08 10:46 PM
09/30/08 10:46 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Smitty, Obama was wrong.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: svsg] #512705
09/30/08 11:08 PM
09/30/08 11:08 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
"If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; . . . If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster And treat those two impostors just the same . . . Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it." Kipling.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Smitty] #512709
09/30/08 11:19 PM
09/30/08 11:19 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Hey pizzaboy, what happened to the post that you originally made agreeing that Smitty made some valid points? confused

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Cardi] #512710
09/30/08 11:35 PM
09/30/08 11:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Hey pizzaboy, what happened to the post that you originally made agreeing that Smitty made some valid points? confused

Nice catch, DC. I just thought it was too vague. I'm working on it right now. smile

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512729
10/01/08 02:17 AM
10/01/08 02:17 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC
You think so?

If you're going to contest your intelligence, try using sentences that aren't fragments.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: Don Cardi] #512730
10/01/08 02:20 AM
10/01/08 02:20 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Don Smitty, for the most part, most of the people here are willing to have a civil debate. Don't let the minority few here that have absolutely nothing intelligent or worthwhile to reply make you to believe that the majority here also do not.

Let's pretend Smitty's initial argument was skillfully crafted.

A rebuttal: OBAMA WAS RIGHT!

Oh, yeah, it's just oozing in banality.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512731
10/01/08 02:21 AM
10/01/08 02:21 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Take it off the boards.

If that's not proper English, fuck it. Just do it.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: SC] #512732
10/01/08 02:23 AM
10/01/08 02:23 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Indeed; a very scholarly approach.

Now where does said fucking occur?

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 10/01/08 02:23 AM.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512733
10/01/08 02:24 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Indeed; a very scholarly approach.

Now where does said fucking occur?

Right here... at your suspension.

Enjoy your vacation.

Re: Obama was wrong? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #512734
Underboss
Underboss
No, seriously, fucking--your place or mine? My apartment is being fumigated, but I love to pass out during a decent climax. There's nothing better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull