GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Malavita, Jimmy_Two_Times), 571 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,537
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31895
08/25/05 05:20 PM
08/25/05 05:20 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline OP
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline OP
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What Do you think?
Would Michael keep his marriage?Would they split up?
Would Michael come back with Kay anyway?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31896
08/25/05 05:33 PM
08/25/05 05:33 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Everything would depend on what Vito says. He might think a Sicilian girl is better for Michael, since she wouldn't complain about all his maffia things.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31897
08/25/05 10:19 PM
08/25/05 10:19 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Once Michael laid eyes on Appolonia, Kay was history.

Had Appolonia not been killed and returned to America as Michael's wife, Kay would have remained history.

As it was, it took him a year (longer than that I think) to even contact Kay after returning home. You really think he may have sought her out if he already had Appolonia with him?

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31898
08/25/05 10:34 PM
08/25/05 10:34 PM
Tennessee
marlon Offline
Made Member
marlon  Offline
Made Member
Tennessee
"a year (longer than that I think)"

I love it.

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31899
08/26/05 09:23 AM
08/26/05 09:23 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

He would have had kids with Appollonia, he would have been a lot happier without Kay. Kay would be teaching kindergarten in New Hampshire forever.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31900
08/26/05 09:35 AM
08/26/05 09:35 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Originally posted by dontomasso:
He would have had kids with Appollonia, he would have been a lot happier without Kay. Kay would be teaching kindergarten in New Hampshire forever.
You got that right! No needless B.S. from Kay would have definitly helped him.

Could Kay be Helen of Troy in disguise? wink

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31901
08/26/05 10:10 AM
08/26/05 10:10 AM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline
Capo
Warsaw
I totally agree Apollonia would have made Michaels life in the states much better, no complaing and b*tchin, and Apollonia was way better looking, and I bet the sex was better and Micheal could have got a lot of stress out that way hahahahah

[Linked Image]
Joe Batters

Aspanu summon the all of the chiefs
DEATH TO ALL WHO BETRAY GIULIANO!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31902
08/26/05 10:19 AM
08/26/05 10:19 AM
Italy
Flora Corleone Offline
Button
Flora Corleone  Offline
Button
Italy
One of the greatest "what if" of the Godfather's storyline, that is. smile

I too, think that Michael would never come back to Kay, had Apollonia stayied alive. I also think she would have made Michael a lot happier - at least concerning his personal life. Apollonia was the best wife for a man like him - as she was born and raised in his same culture and background. She had the same values, and would have understood his choices. I'm not among the ones who constantly bitch against Kay - she had her reasons - but she wasn't the right choice for Mike.

"...Brucia la luna in cielo, e io brucio d'amore..."
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31903
08/26/05 12:09 PM
08/26/05 12:09 PM
Chicago
BarrytheBull Offline
Made Member
BarrytheBull  Offline
Made Member
Chicago
I think we are missing one of the big pictures here....Michael would not have been soo cold as a Don.....I mean, he would have wanted vengance for Sonny.....but Apollonia's death fueled a lot of his anger. He may have been more like Don Vito if she was still alive. Plus, he would have maybe had 2 sons and a daughter.....Apollonia would not have gotten an abortion.

The Bull!!!

"...you straightened my brother out??"

"Give him a living, but never discuss the family business in front of him."
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31904
08/26/05 12:28 PM
08/26/05 12:28 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Michael would have had more time to learn from his father, and would not have been distracted by the ever whiny Kay.
Appollonia was a good Catholic girl who would never dream of having an abortion.

Also, the Corleones would have had closer ties to Sicily because Michael and the family would pack up every summer for a month at their Villa. This would have brought him even closer to Dontomassino, his other mentor, and thus would have made him an even sttronger Don.

Michale's kids would have turnd out much better, and Apollonia would never have allowed Mary to date her cousin.

Most importantly, after the moved to Vegas they would have served peppers and salsice at the First Communion Party, and Michael would still be drinking red wine and not champagne cocktails.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31905
08/26/05 02:40 PM
08/26/05 02:40 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally posted by BarrytheBull:
I think we are missing one of the big pictures here....Michael would not have been soo cold as a Don.....I mean, he would have wanted vengance for Sonny.....but Apollonia's death fueled a lot of his anger. He may have been more like Don Vito if she was still alive. Plus, he would have maybe had 2 sons and a daughter.....Apollonia would not have gotten an abortion.
Even though Mark Winegardner`s opinion is not worth, according to the book, THE GODFATHER RETURNS, Kay had never had an abortion, that it was a lie to make Michael change his ussual facial expression because of his coldness

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31906
08/26/05 02:59 PM
08/26/05 02:59 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Well according to me The Godfather Returns doesnt count.

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31907
08/26/05 03:39 PM
08/26/05 03:39 PM
Chicago
BarrytheBull Offline
Made Member
BarrytheBull  Offline
Made Member
Chicago
Right on DonTom!!!! This is a trilogy thread......that other storyline does not apply.

The Bull!!!

"...you straightened my brother out??"

"Give him a living, but never discuss the family business in front of him."
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31908
08/27/05 05:49 PM
08/27/05 05:49 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well according to me The Godfather Returns doesnt count.
I know GF Returns does not count, but think about a situation, it is well known that Kay is the wife of a Top Mafia Boss, I mean I don`t think someone would dare to help Kay to get an abortion, Michael would kill anyone who dares to do it, even tough GF Returns is not worth, it could be a logical point of view. What if Kay never was pregnant after her 2 children?If She was, what if she naturally lost the baby and she lied to Michael anyway?
Because, that could be a good posibility, nobody would dare to help Kay

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31909
08/27/05 09:46 PM
08/27/05 09:46 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[QUOTE]... What if Kay never was pregnant after her 2 children?If She was, what if she naturally lost the baby and she lied to Michael anyway?
Because, that could be a good posibility, nobody would dare to help Kay
NOT a good possibility, and assuming Kay had a Dr. she could trust, he (or she) most certainly would be willing to perform the abortion in complete secret for the right amount of money which I'm sure Kay had at her disposal to offer...even if in cold hard cash.

And let's just suppose Kay DID miscarry and lie to Michael just to get him where it hurts. Then assuming he believed her, what would stop him from having her Dr. killed if he chose to do so? Would Kay put an innocent person in that sort of danger?

She had the abortion. Whatever nonsense is suggested in GF Returns is not to be considered.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31910
08/27/05 09:49 PM
08/27/05 09:49 PM
home of the wildcats, kentucky
belle Offline
Wiseguy
belle  Offline
Wiseguy
home of the wildcats, kentucky
Now don't get me wrong Kay is a whinning Yankee B**ch, but if you notice as soon as Apollonia is married all she does is nag. Just notice her behavior in the car with the incessant honking of the horn rolleyes besides
Michael would be happier with a southern woman perhaps one from Kentucky hmmm... blush

Winegardner sleeps with the fishes.
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31911
08/28/05 12:41 AM
08/28/05 12:41 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I wonder how the story would have played out if Appollonia was not murdered. Would Michael still be so cold blooded and ruthless? Kay was just a whinny bitch in all 3 movies. Do you think Puzo & FFC made a mistake in having Appollonia killed? Appollonia would have been a better wife and mother. Just my 2cents.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31912
08/28/05 08:38 AM
08/28/05 08:38 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Mignon:
... Do you think Puzo & FFC made a mistake in having Appollonia killed? Appollonia would have been a better wife and mother. ...
The death of Appolonia was written into the novel by Puzo and it would've been ridiculous to alter that for the movie.

While her murder is a tragic and life-altering event for Michael, it made for a fantastic twist from a storytelling point of view. Beautiful young bride that he is trying to protect ends up dead, the victim of a car bomb that was meant solely for him. And by one of his trusted bodyguards, no less.

Just as with Sonny's death...there would have been far less of an impact without it in the story.

Kay was a very good wife & mother, apparently patient and tolerant of Michael's 'Business' until bullets were fired into her bedroom. (Though we can see at the Communion Party that she has begun to be disillusioned by the whole thing.) When she dared to ask him if he was responsible for Carlo's death...I think it was only because of Carlo being family and Connie so horribly upset. Michael finally allowed it & told her what he knew she wanted to hear.

While Appolonia would've probably been more of a 'look-the-other-way' type of mob wife in the mold of Mama Corleone...that too would've made the story far less interesting. As our pal Don Cardi BRILLIANTLY stated in my presence at the NJ Convention a few weeks ago...we are NOT SUPPOSED to like Kay. She is the monkey-wrench, the kink in the armor, the one who protests, who asks all the questions that are not supposed to be asked but that the audience needs someone to ask for them.

There was NO mistake in the death of Appolonia.

AppleOnYa

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31913
08/28/05 05:09 PM
08/28/05 05:09 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
NOT a good possibility, and assuming Kay had a Dr. she could trust, he (or she) most certainly would be willing to perform the abortion in complete secret for the right amount of money which I'm sure Kay had at her disposal to offer...even if in cold hard cash.

Apple [/QB][/QUOTE]

Apple No secrets could be hidden from Michael, he could know who was the doctor depite Kay`s secret.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31914
08/28/05 10:36 PM
08/28/05 10:36 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
...No secrets could be hidden from Michael, he could know who was the doctor depite Kay`s secret.
Of course you're right he would easily have access to the name of her regular gynecologist, whether she'd lied about the abortion or not. So either way, she'd be putting that person in danger according to your scenario.

Since there is nothing in the story to suggest he sought revenge on the person who performed the abortion (unless somebody can come up with another 'draft' script), obviously this was not a priority for Michael.

The person who was mainly responsible was Kay, and it was Kay whom he punished by taking her children (although by GFIII he had given them back to her, to handle their education).

So yes, despite the nonsense written into GF Returns, it still seems most realistic (for a fictional story, that is...) that Kay DID have the abortion.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31915
08/28/05 10:52 PM
08/28/05 10:52 PM
Little Chicago
Tony Love Offline
Underboss
Tony Love  Offline
Underboss
Little Chicago
Should Michael have sought revenge on the doctor who performed the abortion?

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31916
08/29/05 12:43 PM
08/29/05 12:43 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tony Love I think Michael has already killed the doctor even tough we didn`t see it in the movie. Of course in case Kay really had the abortion.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31917
08/29/05 12:52 PM
08/29/05 12:52 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[/qb]
(unless somebody can come up with another dumb 'draft' script),Apple [/QB][/QUOTE]

HEY!!!!!!!!!

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31918
08/29/05 01:07 PM
08/29/05 01:07 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...

HEY!!!!!!!!!
So sorry. In the spirit of friendship on which this Board has thrived...I've removed the word 'dumb' from the original post.

wink

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31919
08/29/05 01:19 PM
08/29/05 01:19 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[b] [QUOTE]...

HEY!!!!!!!!!
So sorry. In the spirit of friendship on which this Board has thrived...I've removed the word 'dumb' from the original post.

wink

Apple [/b]
Now I feel much better wink .

Maybe there should be a "what if" section added elsewhere.
Like "What if Enzo the Baker didnt get paroled, and no one showed up at the hospital, would Michael have been able to hold off the goons??"

From now on, when I get questions like this I am going to simply say "The Apple Answer." Which basically seems to be..."it happened that way because that's how it was written."

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31920
08/29/05 02:02 PM
08/29/05 02:02 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]... "The Apple Answer." Which basically seems to be..."it happened that way because that's how it was written."
lol

And I'm sure that from this moment on, all will be completely satisfied with that answer!!

Good one, dontom!!

smile

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: What would have happened between Kay and Michael if Apollonia was alive in America? #31921
08/30/05 03:28 PM
08/30/05 03:28 PM
NY
Darulerric Offline
Made Member
Darulerric  Offline
Made Member
NY
Micheal would have probly never spoken to Kay again, remember he was back a year maybe more, b4 he spoke to her

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull