GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 293 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,822
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6011
01/14/04 02:38 PM
01/14/04 02:38 PM
Chilltown Offline OP
Made Member
Chilltown  Offline OP
Made Member
I've tried writing to the webmaster via email and PM, but he has yet to respond, so i thought i would ask you guys. i am writing a paper for my english class about the impact, and lack thereof of Godfather Part III. i need to write about it's award history but i want to include the actors that were submitted for Oscar consideration but i was too young to remember who was mentioned in the "For Your Consideration Ads". Does anybody recall whom besides Pacino and Garcia were campaigned for? Shire, Keaton, Hamilton, Coppola (there have been stranger campaigns), Fonda, D'Ambrosio, Wallach? any of them or anyone else.. I wound appreciate any and all help.

Re: Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6012
01/14/04 02:54 PM
01/14/04 02:54 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Chilitown, I have no idea except that around this time of year, just about every picture and actor that did well are entered into the '...for your consideration...' Oscar sweepstakes!

My suggestion would be to try & research archives of 'Variety'...Hollywood's staple tradepaper and the one that carries those ads!!

Good luck,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6013
01/14/04 04:10 PM
01/14/04 04:10 PM
Chilltown Offline OP
Made Member
Chilltown  Offline OP
Made Member
i've already searched there-and unsuccessfully i might add. Does anyone remember at all?

Re: Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6014
01/16/04 05:41 AM
01/16/04 05:41 AM
BadaBing Offline
Button
BadaBing  Offline
Button
from http://www.oscars.org/75academyawards/rules/rule06.html

Rule Six
Special Rules for the Acting Awards

1. Reminder lists including the casts of all eligible pictures shall be sent with nominations ballots to all active members of the Academy Actors Branch who shall vote in the order of their preference for not more than five acting achievements in each category: Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role, Best Performance by a Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role.

2. The five acting achievements in each category receiving the highest number of votes shall become the nominations for final voting for the Acting Awards.

3. A performance by an actor or actress in any role shall be eligible for nomination either for the Best Performance in a Leading Role or for the Best Performance in a Supporting Role. If, however, all the dialogue has been dubbed by another actor, the performance shall not be eligible for award consideration. Singing which is dubbed will not affect the performer's eligibility unless it constitutes the entire performance. The determination as to whether a role is a lead or support shall be made individually by members of the branch at the time of balloting.

4. The leading role and supporting role categories will be tabulated simultaneously. If any performance should receive votes in both categories, the achievement shall only be placed on the ballot in that category in which, during the tabulation process, it first receives the required number of votes to be nominated. In the event that the performance receives the numbers of votes required to be nominated in both categories simultaneously, the achievement shall only be placed on the ballot in that category in which it receives the greater percentage of the total votes.

5. In the event that two achievements by an actor or actress receive sufficient votes to be nominated in the same category, only one shall be nominated using the preferential tabulation process and such other allied procedures as may be necessary to achieve that result.

6. In the event that an actor or actress receives a sufficient number of votes to be nominated for one achievement in one category and for another achievement in the other category, both achievements shall be eligible.

7. Final voting for the Acting Awards shall be restricted to active and life Academy members.

There is no submission process for individual acting awards. These "for your consideration" campaigns are a gold mine for Variety and Hollywood Reporter, but are usually negotiated as part of the contract for an actor or sometimes paid for by the actors themselves.

CHRISTIAN
You desecrated a classic film. This is worse than "Godfather III."
GIBSON
Whoa, whoa, hey, whoa! Let's not say things we can't take back.
CHRISTIAN
All right, all right, I'm sorry.
Re: Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6015
01/16/04 07:13 PM
01/16/04 07:13 PM
Chilltown Offline OP
Made Member
Chilltown  Offline OP
Made Member
thank you for the response, but my question was more of who was campaigned for in the FYC ads.

Re: Who was submitted for Oscar's in Part III #6016
01/17/04 12:18 AM
01/17/04 12:18 AM
BadaBing Offline
Button
BadaBing  Offline
Button
UCLA and USC's film schools should have archived issues of Variety and Hollywood Reporter (or the schools main libraries will have them). I'm not sure if it's worth that much trouble to you but I can't imagine the information will be available anywhere else. UCLA is probably your best place to look and since they are a public university they are generally responsive to reearch questions.

CHRISTIAN
You desecrated a classic film. This is worse than "Godfather III."
GIBSON
Whoa, whoa, hey, whoa! Let's not say things we can't take back.
CHRISTIAN
All right, all right, I'm sorry.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull