GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 45 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,139
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,787
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wasn't no heart-attack #31769
08/22/05 09:14 AM
08/22/05 09:14 AM
Warsaw
Joe Batters Offline OP
Capo
Joe Batters  Offline OP
Capo
Warsaw
If Cicci and Pentangli thought the Rosato brothers killed CLemenza and he didn't die of a heartattack why didn't he mention that to Mike??? Or was that even the Case?

[Linked Image]
Joe Batters

Aspanu summon the all of the chiefs
DEATH TO ALL WHO BETRAY GIULIANO!
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31770
08/22/05 09:38 AM
08/22/05 09:38 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
The harm was already done.
Michael didn't react to the Rosato's because Pentangeli could take the NY-business over.

Look here for more info:
http://www.gangsterbb.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005742

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31771
08/22/05 09:50 AM
08/22/05 09:50 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
To add to what Enzio has said, If the Rosattos were responsible for the death of Clemenza, Michael was not going to jeopordize his negotiations or his deals with Hyman Roth. At this stage of the game his relationship with Roth was more important. If you remember, Frankie tells Mike that he wants to go after some people, and Mike refuses, telling Frankie that he does NOT want anything to interfere with his relationship with Roth.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31772
08/22/05 09:54 AM
08/22/05 09:54 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

I am speculating here, but I would guess that the differences between Clemenza and the Rosatos were "personal" as much as they were "business." If they killed Clemenza but left the money making opeartions in the Corleone family, Michael would not have gone to war over it. Mike was more concerned that Pentangeli had welched on a deal Clemenza had made with then because he wanted no sign of trouble because of the Roth deal.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31773
08/22/05 10:08 AM
08/22/05 10:08 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
All true, but let's turn it around. Were the Rosato's really so important for Roth?

They were ranked lower than a Caporegime, they were no top-guys.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31774
08/22/05 10:28 AM
08/22/05 10:28 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

You are right, the Rosatos were "small potatoes" to Roth. However the deal in which they were to get more money on which Pentangeli welched would have been something Roth owuld have watched closely, because that had to do with money. It would have also been something Pentangeli would have been powerless to do without Michael's approval.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31775
08/22/05 10:57 AM
08/22/05 10:57 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I always had the impression from Cicci's comment that the Rosatos didn't kill Clemenza outright, but (I know this sounds silly, but I can't think of a better way to express it) "aggravated him to death".

So he died of "natural causes" brought about by his troubles with the Rosatos.

How would Fredo have had the impression that it was a heart attack otherwise?

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31776
08/22/05 11:00 AM
08/22/05 11:00 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Could be Plaw. Clemenza's arteries may have been a tad clogged.

Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31777
08/22/05 12:21 PM
08/22/05 12:21 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
"That was no heart attack." I always took it that Clemenza was poisoned. Just something that was always in the back of my head.

Weren't there autopsies back then? Maybe the poison was masked or the tests not as sophisticated. We never hear what Willie and Frankie thought was the cause. The implications was the Rosatos. How else but poison?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31778
08/22/05 04:48 PM
08/22/05 04:48 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Since no further explanation is suggested as to how Clemenza died, it is anyone's choice to decide what happened to him. Poison would be the most logical assumption, but it's a moot point.

The main point insinuated by the statements of Cicci and then Frankie is that Clemenza was dead, it wasn't from natural causes and the Rosatto Bros. were somehow involved.

Exactly HOW Clemenza died is clearly not an essential part of the story (nor is the how Tom died by the time of GFIII)... unless one care's to explore the cause as terminal narcissm by the actor who would've continued to portray him.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31779
08/22/05 05:25 PM
08/22/05 05:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I believe that the Rosato brothers were the Gallo brothers in real life. I think that Cicci's remark about Clemenza's possible heart attack was a reference to the possible poisoning of one of Joe Bonanno's capos possibly engineered by the Gallo brothers or to Joe Profaci's actual heart attack (since I think that Clemenza is Joe Profaci in real life).

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31780
08/22/05 08:23 PM
08/22/05 08:23 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally posted by olivant:
I believe that the Rosato brothers were the Gallo brothers in real life. I think that Cicci's remark about Clemenza's possible heart attack was a reference to the possible poisoning of one of Joe Bonanno's capos possibly engineered by the Gallo brothers or to Joe Profaci's actual heart attack (since I think that Clemenza is Joe Profaci in real life).
Yes. FFC always made some parallels to real life. In real life, ca. 1960, Joe (Joe Jelly) Gioelli operated some gambling joints in Joe Profaci's territory but didn't pay tribute. Profaci promised the Gallo brothers (a faction in his family) Jelly's territories if they whacked him. They whacked him. Profaci welshed. So the Gallos kidnapped several high ranking members of Profaci's family and held them hostage (sounding familiar?). Profaci arranged a sitdown with the Commission. The Commission ordered the hostages released, and Profaci to give the territories to the Gallos. They complied, he didn't. So the went to the mattresses. In another parallel: Larry Gallo was lured to a bar in Brooklyn that was closed. There he was garotted and almost killed--except that a policeman happened by and broke it up.
Profaci died of cancer, not a heart attack. But in another parallel: Profaci's brother-in-law, Joe Magliocco, took over. He plotted with Joe Bonanno to whack out Carlo Gambino and Tommy Lucchese. The plot was ratted out by Joe Columbo, a captain in Magliocco's family. Magliocco was called out by the Commission, paid a fine, retired, died of a heart attack. Columbo then became boss.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31781
08/25/05 04:52 PM
08/25/05 04:52 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
According to THE GODFATHER RETURNS, Clemenza might die by heart attack, but it does not explain the cause exacly, he might be poisoned by his 2 bodyguards. Winegardner explains something about the Rosatto Brothers, but not clearly.
Clemenza`s death and his relationship with the Rosatto Brothers is one the most mysterious things in GF, Tom Hagen`s death too. Nobody says who The Rosatto Brothers were, soldiers or caporegimes in the Corleone Family, or whatever.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31782
08/26/05 01:57 AM
08/26/05 01:57 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
According to THE GODFATHER RETURNS, Clemenza might die by heart attack, but it does not explain the cause exacly, he might be poisoned by his 2 bodyguards. Winegardner explains something about the Rosatto Brothers, but not clearly.
Just so you know Don Pappo, since you're new here.....

Weingardner's opinion of how Clemenza died has no more validity than anyone else's here.

In fact, it has less, given that I can think of any number of members here who are far more familiar with the original book, films, characters, etc.

In any case, welcome. You must be a real fan to have read The Godfather Returns, and even more so if you finished it. wink

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Wasn't no heart-attack #31783
08/26/05 02:32 PM
08/26/05 02:32 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plawrence, haha yes, I am a fan, and I finished, I don`t recomend the book, but I guess everyone would read it to have an opinion, there are many things that bothered me in this book.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull