GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 275 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,650
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Godfather, Part II: The Game New #503689
08/09/08 11:59 PM
08/09/08 11:59 PM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline OP
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline OP
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia
From Gamespot: Godfather II roughs up retailers in February

Electronic Arts' latest lets gamers expand their turf beyond the Big Apple to Florida and Cuba.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Aug 8, 2008 11:14 am PT
Even before the first Godfather game was released in 2006, Electronic Arts was already talking sequels. In June, EA CEO John Riccitiello confirmed that the Godfather II is indeed on the way, and today the publisher fleshed out a few details on the game, including a release window and platforms.

Set to launch in February on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, The Godfather II is "inspired by the film and Mario Puzo's Corleone family drama." As in the film, the classic mob saga will be set against the backdrops of New York, Florida, and Cuba.

Players will once again roam open-world environments as the newly appointed Don of New York. In keeping with the new position of leadership, players will handle strategic organizational aspects of the mob, like establishing and maintaining criminal endeavors and creating a stable of Made Men.

That doesn't mean players won't get their hands dirty. Electronic Arts is promising "even more visceral hand-to-hand brutality," as well as new combo mechanics and more pressure tactics and executions.

Variety has a few screen shots you can see: www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=photoGalleryAlbum&galleryid=1760&order=0

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #503704
08/10/08 08:55 AM
08/10/08 08:55 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
The Don's Official Sooth Sayer
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
I hope this one has Mobface too, because that guy in the screenshots scares me lol

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #503761
08/10/08 03:28 PM
08/10/08 03:28 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
The first one was good but hopefully this one is less repetetive.

You talkin' to me?
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Blake] #503964
08/11/08 11:57 PM
08/11/08 11:57 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

No Wii version. Strange, since Blackhand Edition was actually a pretty decent Wii title...

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Double-J] #504819
08/16/08 12:38 PM
08/16/08 12:38 PM
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
Zaf-the-don Offline
Capo di tutti i capi
Zaf-the-don  Offline
Capo di tutti i capi
Underboss
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
yeah just read this

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/thegodfatherii/news.html?sid=6196098&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

Cant wait.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Zaf-the-don] #504940
08/17/08 01:23 AM
08/17/08 01:23 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
The game is set in the 60's cool

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #504941
08/17/08 01:50 AM
08/17/08 01:50 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
http://www.ea.com/godfather2/features.jsp?itemID=feature2

Originally Posted By:

Act like a mobster. Think like a don

Relive the greatest moments from The Godfather II in an open-world action experience inspired by the movie.

Your goal is to create the wealthiest and most powerful mob family in America. You can accomplish this by extorting and taking control of all illegal rackets, businesses, and black market smuggling rings in the game ? if you need to resort to a little violence along the way, well, it's only business.

A major mob meeting in Havana goes awry on the night of the Cuban revolution. The Don of your in New York City is killed, forcing the player to assume leadership of a tattered organization... Do you have what it takes?

In addition to New York, the game will also take you to Florida and Cuba. Each has its own unique set of unlockable content and rewards, such as weapons, cars, clothing, and other upgrades, as well as unique

challenges. More than just visual diversity and unique unlocks, these cities are a living and breathing environments. In this living world, rival families run the show. The rival families share the same goal as you, and dynamically push back against the your advances. No longer are you trying to complete advancement in a static world -The Godfather 2 is dynamic and reactive, families react with complex "countermoves" based on the players actions and leveraging very human behaviors like revenge and coercion. Remember its only business.

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #504942
08/17/08 01:52 AM
08/17/08 01:52 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
http://www.ea.com/godfather2/features.jsp?itemID=feature1

Originally Posted By:
The Don's View

Be a true Don as you coordinate all the action using a 3D world map: survey your turf, place defenses on businesses, analyze crime patterns, identify new illicit racket monopolies, and choose the target of your next attack. As the Don of a family, there are a ton of great strategic choices to makein the Godfather 2 while you take on the action --for now, we'll focus on Monopolies.

Monopolies are a grouping of rackets that "run" the same criminal activity. Controlling (and defending) a monopoly comes with both a monetary bonus and game perk benefits making them key to owning the map, gaining wealth and amassing power. Monopolies can be local to one city or span across the cities. Larger monopolies made up of many targets, spanning multiple cities are obviously more difficult but offer greater rewards. Some rackets inclde: · Fronts: These are the extortable legitimate businesses of the game. In addition to their extortion payout they also launder money.

· Small Rackets: These are venues containing an illegal criminal activity and usually disguised as something legitimate.

· Medium Racket: At this level the racket is operating at a large scale, and so it has many guards. Penetrating these venues requires at least 2 crew members to get the job done. Defending the venue takes some substantial muscle.

· Large Rackets: The largest of the racket nodes, these venues (although few) bring in massive amounts of cash. They require a full crew to get the job complete. A small army is required to successfully defend a hub once it is owned.

Monopoly Connections Revealed
In addition to map views, players can get in-game information on monopoly connections whenever they take over a venue. When taking over a venue in a monopoly all connected venues in the monopoly will be revealed to the player. The number of controlled venues in the monopoly are displayed along with the monopoly monetary benefits and perks.

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #505005
08/17/08 02:22 PM
08/17/08 02:22 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Looks like this is going to be great. I wonder if they'll make a GF3 game?

Actually, if there was ever a place for a MMO game, I could see the GF series being a great one. Control your own family, set up private cities, etc. It would be awesome.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Double-J] #526750
12/31/08 05:41 AM
12/31/08 05:41 AM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #527429
01/05/09 03:25 PM
01/05/09 03:25 PM
M
MichaelCorleone1234 Offline
Associate
MichaelCorleone1234  Offline
M
Associate
This game is gonna be the don.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: MichaelCorleone1234] #527436
01/05/09 03:48 PM
01/05/09 03:48 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
Is that like "The Shit" only more respectful lol

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #528887
01/17/09 10:17 PM
01/17/09 10:17 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
The first godfather game was, so fun to play...what sucks about this though is that i might not even play it if its going to stay on the ps3 and 360.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BAM_233] #536660
04/06/09 02:41 PM
04/06/09 02:41 PM
Palm Bay, Florida
Santino Brasi Offline
Santino Brasi  Offline
Underboss
Palm Bay, Florida
So the game comes out tomorrow... who has pre-ordered it?

So what’s the labyrinth?

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Santino Brasi] #536786
04/07/09 04:52 PM
04/07/09 04:52 PM
New York
mtoppi Offline
Wiseguy
mtoppi  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
I didn't pre-order it, but the game definitely looks good. GamePro gave it 5 stars out of 5 stars, and metcritic is currently showing it at 73% - though its still too early and most of the big reviewers still haven't gotten their reviews in.

Hoping to pick it up over the long Easter weekend and kill some time with it...

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: mtoppi] #536931
04/09/09 07:49 AM
04/09/09 07:49 AM
The Army Barracks
The_Don_Is_Dead Offline
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
The_Don_Is_Dead  Offline
A Rabid Anti-Dentite
Made Member
The Army Barracks
I got it, played it for 3 hours, it was pretty good but a down side is that their is only 6 characters in it that are from the movie:

Michael
Fredo
Frankie
Tom
Geary
and Roth.

It is not as close to the film as the first one was to Part I frown.

It is a pretty good game though a bit better than the first one at least.

The more i see, the less i know - John Lennon
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: The_Don_Is_Dead] #539435
05/02/09 09:58 PM
05/02/09 09:58 PM
Tampa, FL
waynethegame Offline
Capo
waynethegame  Offline
Capo
Tampa, FL
(Long time no see, all!)

I beat the game a few days ago. It wasn't bad but it really didn't follow much of anything, especially since it's basically an alternate timeline because Michael never left New York (well, he says he's going to Nevada at the very end) while everything is going on with Roth et all.

All in all I thought they dropped the ball with it. The game could have been so much better.

Also:

Click to reveal..

At the very end of the game, your character ("Dominick") is the one who kills Fredo (in a cutscene) on the boat, and just beforehand he says "Fredo, I'm sorry".

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: waynethegame] #539755
05/07/09 01:21 AM
05/07/09 01:21 AM
stevapalooza Offline
Button
stevapalooza  Offline
Button
Kinda disappointed that they left out all the young Vito stuff. I would rather play that scenario than the 1960's one.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: stevapalooza] #540663
05/14/09 07:01 PM
05/14/09 07:01 PM
Wellington, New Zealand
veneratio Offline
Sicilian Paisan
veneratio  Offline
Sicilian Paisan
Capo
Wellington, New Zealand
Yeah it would have been cool to have the Vito part also.
Is it worth buying though?
It looks a lot like Scarface from what I've seen.

"Just when I thought I was out.. They pull me back in"
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: veneratio] #553732
09/02/09 07:29 AM
09/02/09 07:29 AM
Hell
FredoCorleone Offline
Professor With The Hardhat
FredoCorleone  Offline
Professor With The Hardhat
Button
Hell
Its not nearly as good as the original GF game, which I still play to this day. Theres no reason to keep playing after maybe 1 playthru.

Need scriptwriter for upcoming Godfather Part 4, Personal message me if you wish to participate!
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: FredoCorleone] #557866
10/18/09 12:13 PM
10/18/09 12:13 PM
F
Feemce Offline
Wiseguy
Feemce  Offline
F
Wiseguy
the game was way too unrealistic,i mean how u randomly attacked other familie's rackets and stuff was just stupid.
the entire game was 1 big competition without any alliances.
+ the medic,demolition expert etc thing....
it wasn't a game based on the life of a mob family,it was a buggy and dumb sandbox game..

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Feemce] #575638
06/16/10 11:54 AM
06/16/10 11:54 AM
R'lyeh
Lovecraft Offline
Made Member
Lovecraft  Offline
Made Member
R'lyeh
Originally Posted By: Feemce
the game was way too unrealistic,i mean how u randomly attacked other familie's rackets and stuff was just stupid.
it wasn't a game based on the life of a mob family,it was a buggy and dumb sandbox game..

My feelings for the game exactly. Really enjoyed the first game but part II just felt cheap and stupid plus the whole family competition thing was pretty tired after a few hours (though I did enjoy the whole New York- Miami - Cuba map thing)

Part I was way, way better and I still replay it whenever I can!

Last edited by Lovecraft; 06/16/10 11:55 AM.
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #597236
03/13/11 04:26 AM
03/13/11 04:26 AM
NickGeraci Offline
Made Member
NickGeraci  Offline
Made Member
Can't wait! I'm getting the PC version, I liked that version for the first installment better than on any gaming platform. Unusual for me, but I'd rather have the best Godfather game experience possible, therefore im going to choose PC platform again for Part II. If you guys haven't tried it on PC, give it a shot, it's actually a great gaming experience, especially for a PC game.

"I Miss People, I Just Don't Remember Who They Are"

S.D.'99
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Lovecraft] #597237
03/13/11 04:28 AM
03/13/11 04:28 AM
NickGeraci Offline
Made Member
NickGeraci  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Lovecraft
Originally Posted By: Feemce

My feelings for the game exactly. Really enjoyed the first game but part II just felt cheap and stupid plus the whole family competition thing was pretty tired after a few hours (though I did enjoy the whole New York- Miami - Cuba map thing)

Part I was way, way better and I still replay it whenever I can!

Which is why it was never released on Nintendo Wii, despite the success of G.F.I blackhand Edition, arguably one of the greatest games of its genre of all time

"I Miss People, I Just Don't Remember Who They Are"

S.D.'99
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #654958
07/10/12 09:06 AM
07/10/12 09:06 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
worst game ever

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #655104
07/11/12 06:06 PM
07/11/12 06:06 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
This game has many great qualities but overall was a let down. I like to thijk about it as the start to a good game. A combination of number 1 and number 2 would be a good game, take number 1s map and add the crew feature and the rival gangs ability to twke back the rackets and you have a pretty good game. Number 2 needed more places or ways to spend the money you made. My @dea for an oc game would put the godfather games in the ground.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #656344
07/21/12 02:32 PM
07/21/12 02:32 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
They should have had a mutiplayer option with about 3 different modes. First where you and another player(or however many you wanted)could go against each other to take ver the towns, with or without the other families. A second mode where you teamed up against all the other families. And a third where you were on diffrent crews in a family trying to take over the family. The options are unlimited.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: Camarel] #656376
07/21/12 07:50 PM
07/21/12 07:50 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted By: Camarel
worst game ever

Mafia II is much better imo

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #656389
07/21/12 10:16 PM
07/21/12 10:16 PM
D
danielperrygin Offline
Underboss
danielperrygin  Offline
D
Underboss
Yes it was but it, much like the game of topic, should have.been much more longer and much more indepth.

Re: The Godfather, Part II: The Game New [Re: BDuff] #661273
08/21/12 06:14 AM
08/21/12 06:14 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
They should remake this game it basically followed Aldo's character again without the rise etc Dominic kills his good friend Fredo, Aldo killed his good friend Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull