GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 88 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,148
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,387
Posts1,059,797
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
probably been asked a dozen times but..... #502820
08/04/08 05:26 PM
08/04/08 05:26 PM
Georgia, USA
D
DonRobertoCorleone Offline OP
Button
DonRobertoCorleone  Offline OP
D
Button
Georgia, USA
Did the Corleone family ever get into drugs? i thought that when Mike consolidated his nefarious power that meant they took over everything from barzini and tattaglia. It seems that Mike also knew of the Rizzoto brothers and there dealing of drugs but turned a blind eye.( the rizzoto's were in his family right?) Is it possible that mike wasn't against drugs the way his father was?

DonRobertoCorleone
Re: probably been asked a dozen times but..... [Re: DonRobertoCorleone] #502822
08/04/08 05:38 PM
08/04/08 05:38 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, it has been asked before, but it's ok to ask again:
By agreeing to provide police and political protection at the Don's Convention, Vito put the Corleone Family in the drugs business--and they profited from it ("Certainly he [Vito] can provide a bill for such services," as Barzini said). The drugs business could not have gotten off the ground without Vito's intervention. There's no indication that Michael cancelled that arrangement after Vito died.

And you're right: the Rosato brothers were into drugs, and yet Michael supported them in their dispute with Frank Pentangeli.

We don't know what arrangements Michael made with the other families after the Great Massacre of 1955. But if they paid him any kind of tribute, at least part of it came from drugs. Even if Michael did not actively pursue the drugs business, he'd never turn down a rich source of profits.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: probably been asked a dozen times but..... [Re: Turnbull] #502827
08/04/08 05:51 PM
08/04/08 05:51 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

We don't know what arrangements Michael made with the other families after the Great Massacre of 1955. But if they paid him any kind of tribute, at least part of it came from drugs. Even if Michael did not actively pursue the drugs business, he'd never turn down a rich source of profits.

In GF 2, we see Frankie complaining about the Rosatos' "with them it's junk and whores, and they do murder in their grandmother's neighborhood." Frankie was old school, like Vito, but as Turnbull says a buck is hard to ignore and Michael had plenty of buffers.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: probably been asked a dozen times but..... [Re: Turnbull] #502857
08/04/08 09:35 PM
08/04/08 09:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

And you're right: the Rosato brothers were into drugs, and yet Michael supported them in their dispute with Frank Pentangeli.

Michael's apparent "support" of the Rosatos was just a strategy Michael employed to facilitate his struggle with Roth.

Of course, in GFIII he said to Zasa: "And you guarantee that they don't deal drugs in those neighborhoods". So, while he may have accepted tribute from drug monies, he was stillopposed to them.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: probably been asked a dozen times but..... [Re: olivant] #502905
08/05/08 08:56 AM
08/05/08 08:56 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
As usual I think Michael wanted it both ways. He gave the appearance of sticking to the comromise his father had made about keeping the sale of drugs restricted, and certainly not in Italian neighborhoods, or to children. But he also knew it was inevitable drugs would be sold everywhere, and proabbly turned a blind eye. Pentangeli, who was old school naively thought Michael might be persuaded to allow him to go after the Rosatos by telling him they were pimps (which Vito did not like) and violato.rs of Vito's drug compromise. Obviously MIchael had bigger fish to fry.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull